• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Solid Sampire Template?

kgarso

Visitor
was thinking champ spawns and such, and idk seems enemy of one and consecrate would be useful on life leech template?

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the above is great if you don't have 120s besides weapon skill.

I like
120 weapon
120 tactics
120 bushido
100 chiv
100 necro
100 anatomy/resist
60 parry

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the above is great if you don't have 120s besides weapon skill.

I like
120 weapon
120 tactics
120 bushido
100 chiv
100 necro
100 anatomy/resist
60 parry
My old sampire is almost like the above - just a minor difference ...

120 weapon (macing)
120 tactics
120 bushido
90 chiv
100 necro
110 anatomy/resist (most times - "she" runs around with RS)
60 parry

Using bushido mastery lately (level III)

I am also a returning player and im trying to get my sampire up and running again. Whats the deal with the low parry? From what i remember half the point of bushido was the idea that it works in tandem with parry?

I had 120 parry on mine (and still have). Is that a "must" to drop now? (Note that i currently can hardly kill a greater mongbat - im so out of touch with the game)

Also, chivalry used to be a must. Is it nolonger recommended because "everyone" have perfect elemental weapons now?

I used to have anat for the dmg and heal bonus togerher with about 90 healing (with rings) but everywhere i read noone uses healing anymore. I dropped it last night but finding it very difficult to stay alive. Are healing pots a "must" aswell unless you have a super suit? I generally use war hammers with high ssi and leeching for groups and quarter staffs for singles.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
The 60 Parry is basically just there to give a reduced mana cost to special moves.

I suggest 100 as you haven't specified any criteria for the build other than 'solid' so being able to use Counter Attack and Evade are good for that. You can factor in skill items and rebalance the points where necessary but I would aim for over 100 in Tactics/Anatomy for the Evasion duration bonus.

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't get too tied up with the supporting skills. Remember that that a Samp lives or dies by how much DAMAGE you inflict. That's where your mana comes from (with HML) and that's where your healing comes from. So it is important to maximise swing speed and damage output. After that you can fine tune char with weapons with Feint (for big heavy hitting bosses), Parry (more than 60 that is) for oppo with nasty hit effects, Resist - for spell caster rich environments such as Neira…. Chiv works well where there is no slayer and will be absolutely essential in the coming Khaldun event as there are multiple mobs with 3 x random 100% resists. Chiv in many ways could be considered a core Samp skill - aim for 80-..some ppl run 100 or even 120.

There are several flavours of Sampire but they all live or die by damage output. Never forget that and make SURE you have good targeting macros. Failure to target means failure to hit which means failure to heal. And that can spell death in seconds..;p

A good Samp is one of the strongest PvM templates in the game and will pay it's way with ease.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't get too tied up with the supporting skills. Remember that that a Samp lives or dies by how much DAMAGE you inflict. That's where your mana comes from (with HML) and that's where your healing comes from. So it is important to maximise swing speed and damage output. After that you can fine tune char with weapons with Feint (for big heavy hitting bosses), Parry (more than 60 that is) for oppo with nasty hit effects, Resist - for spell caster rich environments such as Neira…. Chiv works well where there is no slayer and will be absolutely essential in the coming Khaldun event as there are multiple mobs with 3 x random 100% resists. Chiv in many ways could be considered a core Samp skill - aim for 80-..some ppl run 100 or even 120.

There are several flavours of Sampire but they all live or die by damage output. Never forget that and make SURE you have good targeting macros. Failure to target means failure to hit which means failure to heal. And that can spell death in seconds..;p

A good Samp is one of the strongest PvM templates in the game and will pay it's way with ease.
I agree with this. The single most important thing to do is maximize damage. Then decide what you want to fight and build the rest of your template and suit from there.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
As a returning player you're going to need to get used to a lot of changes and game mechanics, I'd say it's unlikely that you're going to dive blindly into end game content. A balanced all rounder will keep you alive while you re-learn the game. Shifting a points is the easiest it's ever been if you decide to change point distribution later.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Champ spawns in fel
120 swords, tactics, resist, bushido, parry, 50 chiv, 100 necro. I run +15 resist skill on imbued jewels.

Use your crafter to make wpns specific for each spawn which negates the need for consecrate wpn.
50 chiv gives you running sacred journey for when you get raided. Run out, recall, and keep your pinks and/or whites. I stay away from star room when I run solo......which is 95% of the time.
120 resist prevents you from being para spammed when raided and mana vamped from spawn levels 3-4.

I can roll thru every spawn with no problems. Average about 18-24 minutes, regardless of the spawn. Neira is the only one that takes a little bit of work. Swap between ai and ww wpn during the fight. I also have +15 chiv jewels that I will swap to when I fight her. Puts me at 80 chiv which does more dmg for eoo.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Champ spawns in fel
120 swords, tactics, resist, bushido, parry, 50 chiv, 100 necro. I run +15 resist skill on imbued jewels.

Use your crafter to make wpns specific for each spawn which negates the need for consecrate wpn.
50 chiv gives you running sacred journey for when you get raided. Run out, recall, and keep your pinks and/or whites. I stay away from star room when I run solo......which is 95% of the time.
120 resist prevents you from being para spammed when raided and mana vamped from spawn levels 3-4.

I can roll thru every spawn with no problems. Average about 18-24 minutes, regardless of the spawn. Neira is the only one that takes a little bit of work. Swap between ai and ww wpn during the fight. I also have +15 chiv jewels that I will swap to when I fight her. Puts me at 80 chiv which does more dmg for eoo.
Good summary, I run close to same temp, only 120 chiv, and I toss necro for anatomy if I do something like navrey. I just use a high life leech weap, no problems at all. But honestly Chester is smarter than me and has been soloing everything I can think of since before I started playing UO haha

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Haha. Nah, brah. I've just spent plenty of time farting around with diff templates for the fel champ spawns. That's the best one I've tried. Just gotta have a crafter to make the stuff you want the way you want it........OR.....find a crafter that will make the stuff the way you want it. Most times the crafter dude wants to argue with you about it and they jack it up. I've been lucky a few times and found peeps that make things exactly the way I want it AND they are fast as a mofo with it. I always pay like 2 to 3 times what they ask. ......cuz crafting sucks hindquarters.

Xel N'Jare

Adventurer
There are several flavours of Sampire but they all live or die by damage output. Never forget that and make SURE you have good targeting macros. Failure to target means failure to hit which means failure to heal. And that can spell death in seconds.
So I have both Bushido and Necromancy at 50ish (just trained both in New Haven the other night) - should I focus on getting Necro to 100 for VE then work on Bushido? Currently I'm at GM Swords/Tactics/Resists/90 Anat/75 Healing/51 Bushido/50 Necromancy - at some point I've got to grab Chiv, but I'll have to sacrifice healing at some point - so I'm thinking VE would be the best choice.

Am I correct?

Oh, and any recommended targeting macros? Will do a search but thought I'd just ask here as well... any help is appreciated!

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
So I have both Bushido and Necromancy at 50ish (just trained both in New Haven the other night) - should I focus on getting Necro to 100 for VE then work on Bushido? Currently I'm at GM Swords/Tactics/Resists/90 Anat/75 Healing/51 Bushido/50 Necromancy - at some point I've got to grab Chiv, but I'll have to sacrifice healing at some point - so I'm thinking VE would be the best choice.

Am I correct?

Oh, and any recommended targeting macros? Will do a search but thought I'd just ask here as well... any help is appreciated!
If you have Soulstones I would stone off Resist and Healing and turn Med and Focus up while training, put on the best 'Mage' gear you have (2/6 casting, 100 lrc, 40 lmc, and as much mr as possible) and train Necro while draining Focus first, then Med. If you don't have Soulstones I would just turn them down as they are easy to train back up anyway (well Healing isn't but you won't be needing that). Type 'uoguide necro' in Google for how to train it. If there are any cheap powerscrolls for Focus/Med/Necro on Vendor Search buy them as they will make gaining easier. When Necro is done you can work Chivalry while being in Lich Form for an additional 13 mana regen.

The way I would look at it is until you can put the character in Vamp Form those Necro points aren't doing anything.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Am I correct?

You should focus on getting a weapon skill to 120. if you cant afford a 120 sword ps, go for 120 mace, think they are around 250k.
Then you train necro to 100.
After that you focus on making a suit/weapons. (use VvV CC & M&S if u cant afford the normal ones, and base youre starter suit around them, and replace later when u get $$$$)
Then you go kill stuff, skills will raise naturally (Well most of them)
For macro, i use selectnearest mobile , newline attackselected (Assuming u use CC) (key 3)
I also use macro for primary ability, secondary ability ( key 1 & 2)
i use z for confidence, x for evade, h for honor. and thats basically all the keys u need for a champ spawn (well most of them of cause).
VE or no VE, it really depends on how good you are, i mostly run without VE, and use 100% HLL weapons, and have healing skill. i think its more challenging, clear speed is around the same.

Xel N'Jare

Adventurer
You should focus on getting a weapon skill to 120. if you cant afford a 120 sword ps, go for 120 mace, think they are around 250k.
Then you train necro to 100.
After that you focus on making a suit/weapons. (use VvV CC & M&S if u cant afford the normal ones, and base youre starter suit around them, and replace later when u get $$$$)
Then you go kill stuff, skills will raise naturally (Well most of them)
For macro, i use selectnearest mobile , newline attackselected (Assuming u use CC) (key 3)
I also use macro for primary ability, secondary ability ( key 1 & 2)
i use z for confidence, x for evade, h for honor. and thats basically all the keys u need for a champ spawn (well most of them of cause).
VE or no VE, it really depends on how good you are, i mostly run without VE, and use 100% HLL weapons, and have healing skill. i think its more challenging, clear speed is around the same.
Without VE, what's the point of Necromancy then? Did I miss something or are you saying for most mobs you just run your 100% HLL weapon?

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Without VE, what's the point of Necromancy then? Did I miss something or are you saying for most mobs you just run your 100% HLL weapon?
Well yes, i run without necro, i find it to be a waste of 100 points. usually i don't even use HLL weapons before after level 3. confidence is usually enough to keep me full health.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
50 chiv gives you running sacred journey for when you get raided. Run out, recall, and keep your pinks and/or whites.
It is not possible to recall out of Felucca Dungeons, is it ?

One needs to FIRST run out of the Dungeon, and only THEN it is possible to use Sacred Journey....

Right ?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

One needs to FIRST run out of the Dungeon, and only THEN it is possible to use Sacred Journey....

Right ?
Why are you resurrecting an old thread to ask a question that you could easily go test out in the game?

The answer to your question is that you cannot recall or sacred journey from a Felucca dungeon which has been like that since champ spawns were introduced to Fel dungeons.... I don't know like 8-10 years ago? It's totally possible you have been living in a hole the past 10 years or maybe you just started playing a month ago but this type of question makes me seriously question if you even play the game now if you aren't able to jump over to Fel and test this out yourself. :confused:

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Right ?
Popps, yeah, you gotta be outside the dungeon. Which is why I recommend 120 resist so you don't get para'd/vamp'd when you're running out.

MrHumanGuy

Visitor
OK so 2 questions. 1: recommended stats. I sure ill have it figured out before anyone replies but why not ask anyway. 2: parry skill. how important is that? I was told it is needed for some buff that is triggered when you have 3 combat skills (couldn't find it to read and see the details). I also know its useful with Bushido but i read further up to not get hung up with support skills. How useful is it really at 60 skill lvl. why that at 60 and not chiv? and lastly a side question that is in the back of my mind (it gets lonely). Karma, up or down?

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1. shoot for 150 str/hp. not a necessity, but always good. 180+ stam if ur using double axe/bladed staff. dump the rest in int.
2. parry, its important. the 60 will help you reach the special move mana reduction of 10 at 300 skill points.
3. chiv is pretty useless if you craft wpns specifically for each spawn or munster you plan on whuppin on. I run with 50 chiv to be able to cast sacred journey while running if I get raided at a spawn.
4. karma up......unless ur doing an oaks spawn, then go negative. all the blue ish comes right to you to get whupped on.

rozarious

Visitor
Does modified skill count towards the special move reduction.
2. parry, its important. the 60 will help you reach the special move mana reduction of 10 at 300 skill points.
For example i have 120 swords and Bushido, real, and 45 parry with +15 on a ring, which gives me 60. total qualifing skill of 300. but does the +15 on the ring get counted or for the purposes of the mana reduction calc, or is the +15 disregarded?

My "doubled" up mana cost on double strike is 32 mana, this includes 23 LMC on suit

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does modified skill count towards the special move reduction.

For example i have 120 swords and Bushido, real, and 45 parry with +15 on a ring, which gives me 60. total qualifing skill of 300. but does the +15 on the ring get counted or for the purposes of the mana reduction calc, or is the +15 disregarded?

My "doubled" up mana cost on double strike is 32 mana, this includes 23 LMC on suit

Uhhhhhh, I'm not sure. Lord GOD knows everything. Maybe he will chime in.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Could copy toon to Test Center. See what cost are with jewels then set real skill to that level with jewels off and see if mana cost is the same.

Innoxicated

Journeyman
With specials I'd say lmc is more important to dexers than casters, nowadays. Its certainly one of the most important stats for a samp, second only to stamina, perhaps. You definitely want at least 40 lmc, and as much armor inherent bonus lmc as you can get.

This is where the discussion between studded/hide/bone vs metal armor gets good. If you have recently returned and are not familiar with the armor inherent bonuses, you should look it up!

Metal armor provides the best 'stamina protection' which decreases how much stamina you lose when taking damage. More stamina means more swings, means more hp/mana/stamina from leeching. Additionally I think metal armor gives 1% inherent lmc.

Studded/bone/hide (elf type) provide much less stamina protection, but give a hidden 3% lmc per piece, up to 5 pieces max on a suit. It doesn't show up on the tool tip, but will show up on your char sheet. Inherent lmc also stacks beyond the 40% cap, so 5 studded pieces with 40% already reached from item properties puts you at 55% lmc. Which means more specials, so bigger hits, and more hp/mana/stam from leeching.

@rozarious, you need to get 40 lmc asap. If you can get 45 or 55 from you suit and nearly double what your running now, you'll see a tremendous difference. Also I dont think the modified skill counts, but I really have no idea beyond considering how other skill checks are done.

Hey man if you do get on test, I'd be interested to know what you find out!

Last edited:

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like the stamina protection better than the mana cost reduction. The things that kill samps are mana vamp, para, and not swinging.

Innoxicated

Journeyman
I prefer metal armor for my melee characters now, too, which has the added benefit of making building suits easier decision-wise. Any high stam metal pieces go to melee, and high stam studded/bone I put on my archers. You can do some pretty cool temps with 55% lmc studded/bone for casters, too though.

Well yes, i run without necro, i find it to be a waste of 100 points. usually i don't even use HLL weapons before after level 3. confidence is usually enough to keep me full health.
Speaking of not liking necro, let me necro this post: reading over this thread again, and seeing this post made me wonder... I also use confidence a lot, as well as evasion, which is why i havent had the heart to knock down my 120 parry yet. I was wondering, then @kaio are you running confidence as a primary heal with nominal parry, like 60? Or do you have higher?

And since I'm on the topic of annoying questions, does any melee template commonly run high parry these days? Pure pally or dragon for instance.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I prefer metal armor for my melee characters now, too, which has the added benefit of making building suits easier decision-wise. Any high stam metal pieces go to melee, and high stam studded/bone I put on my archers. You can do some pretty cool temps with 55% lmc studded/bone for casters, too though.

Speaking of not liking necro, let me necro this post: reading over this thread again, and seeing this post made me wonder... I also use confidence a lot, as well as evasion, which is why i havent had the heart to knock down my 120 parry yet. I was wondering, then @kaio are you running confidence as a primary heal with nominal parry, like 60? Or do you have higher?

And since I'm on the topic of annoying questions, does any melee template commonly run high parry these days? Pure pally or dragon for instance.
I find having parry at 60 is a bit silly because its a very powerfull skill to have.
On one of my warriors i roll with
120 sword
120 resist
100 parry
120 bushido
100 ana
100 heal
100 tact
I use him mainly for spawns, and i rarely use bandages pre level 3 on most spawns. On tough spawns i use 100% HLL weapons around level 4, but in most cases i don't.
He can however put up a good fight when he gets raided.
People think they need a lot of 120 power scrolls, but in reality they don't.

Innoxicated

Journeyman
That sounds like a cool template, no chiv pure samurai. I guarantee the non-necro, high resist spells, and bandies have disappointed a fair share of would be raiders!

With pure templates having a bit of a resurgence, specifically pallies, I was considering a pure samurai myself, but wasnt sure what skills to cobble together to make it happen.

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
How would this template work? 120 swords, 100 tactics, 100 anatomy, 100 healing, 120 bushido, 80 chiv, 100 necro? No parry but as much HLL as you can get

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How would this template work? 120 swords, 100 tactics, 100 anatomy, 100 healing, 120 bushido, 80 chiv, 100 necro? No parry but as much HLL as you can get
problem with that template is you will only get 5 mana cost reduction for special moves without 60 parry since you're below the 300 points threshold (only 240 points in swords and bushido). That means you might run out of mana and thus have a hard time chaining special moves.
The 100 healing is a bit redundant when you're in vamp form. I have no life leech on my weapons and only get the 20% life leech from vampire form and I rarely have trouble leeching back enough to keep me alive.
Next problem is no resist on that template which again means you'll be mana vamped a lot...
The template would probably work at least to some degree but I prefer the template I posted in post #5

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I find having parry at 60 is a bit silly because its a very powerfull skill to have.
On one of my warriors i roll with
120 sword
120 resist
100 parry
120 bushido
100 ana
100 heal
100 tact
I use him mainly for spawns, and i rarely use bandages pre level 3 on most spawns. On tough spawns i use 100% HLL weapons around level 4, but in most cases i don't.
He can however put up a good fight when he gets raided.
People think they need a lot of 120 power scrolls, but in reality they don't.
My issue with this template, and not having Chivalry is that you’re missing on reaching max damage without EoO. This isn’t a huge issue if you have a slayer and Honor a target, but it’s not ideal for WWing groups of mobs. You also lose the bonuses of CW.

You also lose out on max damage against mobs with no Slayer vulnerability.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My issue with this template, and not having Chivalry is that you’re missing on reaching max damage without EoO. This isn’t a huge issue if you have a slayer and Honor a target, but it’s not ideal for WWing groups of mobs. You also lose the bonuses of CW.

You also lose out on max damage against mobs with no Slayer vulnerability.
As you mention, it all depends on what you are fighting. The template show is for fel spawn, well all except turtle spawn.
CW damage bonus are not really that great, and you have to keep casting it for it to work.
When i do spawns on this template i 1-2 hit kills everything with dual slayer (1 on wepp, 1 on talisman) with WW.
CW i do not use when i kill a champ here i use AI, witch i think most do.
Chiv is in my humble opinion not worth it, unless you are an archer, or fight something without slayer, or you are in a group and cant get honor.
On an archer Chiv is super nice for spawns at lower levels because you can EOO one type of monsters, and use a superslayer on bow, and do tons of damage ( here slayer on talisman is not really needed...hint save those 100mills...)
But then again it depends on how you build your archer, i did assume an ABC archer.
I do champs on 2 different types of archer my ABC archer and my AMC archer, clear speed wise the ABC archer is the fastest. Champ killing around the same.

Anyways there is pros and cons with every template, the thing i really like about this one, is that it requires more skill to play, can defend him/herself at fel champ spawns, and least but not last, can be used as a raiding char who can kill other people, and in the end take the champ with ease.
A traditional sampire cant really get the same benefits, one purge magic and poof your life leech is gonzo, on this template you just need bandages, and now with the first aid belt, dying and be useless after a res is not an issue anymore.

KobraKy

Visitor
Just returning after 100000 years gone...Loving the re-learning and all the other in depth items currently...BUT, i would like to see how a melee build goes , i've always used tamer / mage builds , I think I have all the skills / stats to use for making a Samp ; But i really have a hard time figuring out what the hell gear i need?! I do enjoy hunting my own gear but of course i know to get what is needed probably always have to buy something here and there....

Long story short....anyone give a recommendation what to look for when trying to build a good samp suit / wep?

TYVM!!

Mayhem_wushu

Adventurer
Just returning after 100000 years gone...Loving the re-learning and all the other in depth items currently...BUT, i would like to see how a melee build goes , i've always used tamer / mage builds , I think I have all the skills / stats to use for making a Samp ; But i really have a hard time figuring out what the hell gear i need?! I do enjoy hunting my own gear but of course i know to get what is needed probably always have to buy something here and there....

Long story short....anyone give a recommendation what to look for when trying to build a good samp suit / wep?

TYVM!!
On the surface your question seems innocuous enough, but the problem is there is a variety of sampire builds out there so there is no one way to do this. I run none of the normal builds so my gear is typically different as well. I generally do not use refinements on my armor so I have the normal caps. my usual builds are 45hci, 45dci, 100di (with weapon), 40lmc, 25hpi, 50ep, as much mana, dex, int,and str as I can get, si at least 30, I like Lrc if it will fit on the suit, and ssi is a major bonus.

I generally run
120 swords
120 tactics
120 resist
120 bushido
100 necro
70 chiv (80 chiv alt)
70 parry (60 parry alt) minimum 60 parry with 120 bushido and tactics for the 300 skill mana reduction.

I run swords 3 primer for onslaught with a 100% elemental damage weapon. I have a full set of cameos (except undead, still use sorcerers) for stacking double slayer.

My current suits are a mix of legendaries, imbued, reforged, enhanced pieces, and lots of arties. I can build a cheaper version of my main toon for about 10 mil to 15 mil, but my main toon, all in is a little over 1.5p... and yes the character has earned its keep (20 times over easily)

KobraKy

Visitor
On the surface your question seems innocuous enough, but the problem is there is a variety of sampire builds out there so there is no one way to do this. I run none of the normal builds so my gear is typically different as well. I generally do not use refinements on my armor so I have the normal caps. my usual builds are 45hci, 45dci, 100di (with weapon), 40lmc, 25hpi, 50ep, as much mana, dex, int,and str as I can get, si at least 30, I like Lrc if it will fit on the suit, and ssi is a major bonus.

I generally run
120 swords
120 tactics
120 resist
120 bushido
100 necro
70 chiv (80 chiv alt)
70 parry (60 parry alt) minimum 60 parry with 120 bushido and tactics for the 300 skill mana reduction.

I run swords 3 primer for onslaught with a 100% elemental damage weapon. I have a full set of cameos (except undead, still use sorcerers) for stacking double slayer.

My current suits are a mix of legendaries, imbued, reforged, enhanced pieces, and lots of arties. I can build a cheaper version of my main toon for about 10 mil to 15 mil, but my main toon, all in is a little over 1.5p... and yes the character has earned its keep (20 times over easily)

Thanks for the response....I play on GL , i guess i just have to learn which pieces should be doing what. Seems like finding things is a bit easier on ATL with the vendors there. I will just have to keep plugging away at it and see what we come up with i think , just gotta aim for the base things then shuck and jive till its perfect lol

Calla Lily

Journeyman
I know this is an old thread, but I’m just now building a sampire. I know nothing about how to play one yet. I play in Tram only, so no PvP, and I play solo (hardly ever see anyone on Chessy.) I’ve read this thread and think I’m starting to understand how this works, but I’m conflicted between two builds. Would one of these work better for champ spawns?

100 Anatomy/Resist
120 Bushido
100 Chivalry
100 Macing
100 Necromancy
100 Parrying
100 Tactics

or

100 Anatomy/Resist
120 Bushido
100 Chivalry
120 Macing
100 Necro
60 Parrying
120 Tactics

And am I correct in thinking that Str/Dex should be above 200?

Any help would be appreciated.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well, ur gonna want ur wpn skill at 120. resist is super beneficial for the casting levels of spawns. after that, you want 300 points in the skills for mana cost reduction.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
100 Anatomy/Resist
120 Bushido
100 Chivalry
120 Macing
100 Necro
60 Parrying
120 Tactics
Between the two options, I'd go with this one. I'm personally not a fan of chivalry for champ spawns. I run the rest of your template but replace chiv with resist. Then I'd have jewels to get to 120 anatomy. With slayers, it isn't too difficult to reach the damage cap. What you currently have though should work fine, it's just a preference of play style.

Calla Lily

Journeyman
Between the two options, I'd go with this one. I'm personally not a fan of chivalry for champ spawns. I run the rest of your template but replace chiv with resist. Then I'd have jewels to get to 120 anatomy. With slayers, it isn't too difficult to reach the damage cap. What you currently have though should work fine, it's just a preference of play style.
Thank you :)

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Its important to know if you want to do aggresive sampire or defensive sampire.
aggressive have first
60 parry
120 tactics
defence have
100 parry (at least)
NO anatomy
BETTER res spless
there are most version
wich is you type of battle?

skills that cant change are:
120 weapon
120 bushido
100 neco
others skills can adjust in base of your game type

healing is not for sampire

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On my "Sampire" (which can also double as a Whammy) i run...
120 Swords
GM Tact
GM Necro
GM SS
GM Bush
GM Chiv
GM Resist or Parry (i soulstone swap these depending on what i'm hunting)

Being able to stack Corpse Skin with my Onslaught for nasty Double Strikes makes up for the lack of Anatomy, and i have 70% Hit Life Drain from Vamp Form+Curse Weapon, so i heal 3.5x more than the average Sampire. I can take a 110 damage hit from Chief Paroxy, and laugh as i regain my full health bar in a single Double Strike. I can even go Wraith Form+Curse Weapon, and leech back loads of Mana from the opponent while still self healing more than the average Sampire. This template requires a bit more involvement than the usual Sampire though, and so is a bit advanced. For casting, i wear Arcane Thigh Boots and carry around Arcane Gems to recharge them, as well as 5 stacks (to avoid having the entire stack looted if i die) of 20 Pig Iron for Curse Weapon.

A good "baseline" Sampire template though, would be...
120 Swords
GM Tact
GM Anat
GM Necro
GM Bush
GM Chiv
GM Resist or Parry (soulstone swap these. Resist for spawns, Parry for bosses like Paroxy)