• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Sold] SOLD Brokering 3 Luna Houses on Atlantic (For Tours - ICQ 150528775)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm just commenting. I got no "bid"ness here ;) It just seems to be the 3 would have sold for more separately than as a set? Perhaps the one facing the south wall might not have gone for as much as the other 2 though. IDK...

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm just commenting. I got no "bid"ness here ;) It just seems to be the 3 would have sold for more separately than as a set? Perhaps the one facing the south wall might not have gone for as much as the other 2 though. IDK...
That has always been my estimation. These houses would all sell for more separately, and that is always an option. I wise player would buy all 3 and resell the one or two they don't want to make their money back.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
So where are we at with this.

The bidders had till Sunday to get in their final bids from what I understand? 62 billion in gold takes the lot or what?

I still see the lots sitting there and no updates.

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So where are we at with this.

The bidders had till Sunday to get in their final bids from what I understand? 62 billion in gold takes the lot or what?

I still see the lots sitting there and no updates.
The previous high bidder asked to have their bid accepted or countered by the previous Sunday, and it was countered. Currently waiting on 4 different bidders to tell me if they are done bidding or countering Tabo's 62 Billion offer. If I get no counters in about 10 days time, I will ask Ivester if he accepts this high bid. I work for him, and abide by his wishes.

Makaveli

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it just me or is 62billion a stupidly insane amount of gold? I remember maybe 6 year ago i had 5billion and i was considerd mega rich.... i returned and the gold amounts are silly

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Is it just me or is 62billion a stupidly insane amount of gold? I remember maybe 6 year ago i had 5billion and i was considerd mega rich.... i returned and the gold amounts are silly
It is crazy gold. But even crazier is there's numerous people that have it to spend lol. If you look at prices of things in the game and what castles go for on some shards etc I think the price is about right. It seems to be going to be a 3 Luna house deal on the largest shard. That seems about the right price to me. Now if I think something at 20 billion is the right price it usually goes for much more than that lol, so we'll see. But if those houses were selling for 20 to 25 billion each I don't think anyone would think twice about it. All together it is a nice chunk of gold. I'm thinking this is the biggest deal ever done in UO and why it fascinates me :) We're clearly dealing with the big dogs and I'm a Chihuahua :)

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
It is crazy gold. But even crazier is there's numerous people that have it to spend lol. If you look at prices of things in the game and what castles go for on some shards etc I think the price is about right. It seems to be going to be a 3 Luna house deal on the largest shard. That seems about the right price to me. Now if I think something at 20 billion is the right price it usually goes for much more than that lol, so we'll see. But if those houses were selling for 20 to 25 billion each I don't think anyone would think twice about it. All together it is a nice chunk of gold. I'm thinking this is the biggest deal ever done in UO and why it fascinates me :) We're clearly dealing with the big dogs and I'm a Chihuahua :)
I'll believe it when I see the screen shot of the gold for the house trade windows.

Until then well....

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll belive it when I see the screen shot of the gold for the house trade windows.

Until then well....
you know as well as i do that this is an absurd request. if you somehow dont realize the current state of gold in uo, just look at the mizuho meet and greet thread on uohall. theres implications that i could write 10 pages, but would be wasting my time. theres a host of factors relating to where that gold is coming from, who its going to, who isnt spending anymore and who is (both pvpers and rares collectors). Everything relates and if you dont see the big picture, resulting in yes these houses are easily worth 30 bil each than i dont know what to say.

to put things in perspective:
i make 5 to 8 bil per month playing 2 accounts. (i dont pvm at all)

how much do you think the people automating 10 to 16 accounts (doing events, and pvm loot automated) make? are you getting the picture?

i do not mean to sound harsh, not sure if youre just angry you werent able to buy these yourself, or are in fact oblivious to what UO has become in the past year, and how that relates to the price of luna houses.

Last edited:

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
you know as well as i do that this is an absurd request. if you somehow dont realize the current state of gold in uo, just look at the mizuho meet and greet thread on uohall. theres implications that i could write 10 pages, but would be wasting my time. theres a host of factors relating to where that gold is coming from, who its going to, who isnt spending anymore and who is (both pvpers and rares collectors). Everything relates and if you dont see the big picture, resulting in yes these houses are easily worth 30 bil each than i dont know what to say.
So in the bigger picture as you would say friend,

This really isn't about the value of the house. It's about the value of the Gold.

Following that line, establishing in Stratics a historical price for an item based on a bid with gold when really the bid is being made in regards to the current subjective value of Gold leaves us with what.

When the value of gold heads up or down 5 years from now are these houses still worth 62 billion?

Sure if we are bidding in Gold and it's the largest Gold Transaction in the history of UO......

I'll believe it when I see the screen shot of the gold for the house trade windows.

Until then well....

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This really isn't about the value of the house. It's about the value of the Gold.
yes its about the value of gold. value meaning what you can buy with it, and how those items can be obtained. things like new EM items, as well as global loot have a much lower value than they did before the surge in third party program use/automation.

things like older rares, and luna houses (things these practices do not effect) have gained value expodentially.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
yes its about the value of gold. value meaning what you can buy with it, and how those items can be obtained. things like new EM items, as well as global loot have a much lower value than they did before the surge in third party program use/automation.

things like older rares, and luna houses (things these practices do not effect) have gained value expodentially.
Yes its about the value of Gold. What you can flat out buy it for.

In turn this is dictating what the bid in gold is for the house. Leaving you with an inaccurate historical price of what the houses would sell for in Gold.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
So in the bigger picture as you would say friend,

Following that line, establishing in Stratics a historical price for an item based on a bid with gold when really the bid is being made in regards to the current subjective value of Gold leaves us with what.

When the value of gold heads up or down 5 years from now are these houses still worth 62 billion?

Sure if we are bidding in Gold and it's the largest Gold Transaction in the history of UO......

Until then well....
I think if your able to drop 62 billion plus, you really don't give a rat's butt what gold is worth in 5 years. Probably won't even think about it driving your Lamborghini to the yacht. ;)

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I think if your able to drop 62 billion plus, you really don't give a rat's butt what gold is worth in 5 years. Probably won't even think about it driving your Lamborghini to the yacht. ;)
Well said. If you are the guy trying to buy your first Luna house down the road and looking back at sale prices well. You do.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was definitely serious about my 60Bil bid. But It was also 5Bil over what I actually think these houses are worth. They have serious blockage issues with the side of the street they are on. Hence why I wouldn't go up to the 62 Bil. There is also an unpublicised reserve of 65Bil, which I find to be ridiculous. That should have been put in this thread. As of right now it appears everyone is wasting their time unless they are ready to go over 65 Bil. Which I am not, and it appears neither is anyone else as we sit here one week after the 62Bil bid and nothing has moved. I'm also not a fan of tying up that kind of money for what will amount to 1mth by the time all is said and done for a *maybe*

These houses are not worth 90Bil together as @Smoot would suggest. If they were on the North or West side of street I would absolutely say they are worth MINIMUM 90Bil. But they are not.

/EDIT: For a right now reference, the house right outside the west bank entrance can be had for 30P. That is the closest comp for these houses right now.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These houses are not worth 90Bil together as @Smoot would suggest. If they were on the North or West side of street I would absolutely say they are worth MINIMUM 90Bil. But they are not.
im judging my price off of what i know other luna houses have sold for as well as the current economy. but yes when it comes down to it worth what someone will pay, and what the seller will sell for. knowing ivestor, one of the top 5 spenders in the game, that hes probably trying to at least break even, and controlling 3 available good sized plots, its just my analysis.

for the record, i wasnt going to post in this thread at all, as i have no interest in luna houses but since this thread seems to have divulged into a public discussion with public display of offers (which never happens with luna houses) figured i might as well, as it does relate to issues which will eventually lead to the end of my time with UO.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
On Legends Luna houses go from free to maybe 200 mill or so. Just saying we got room to grow here :)

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not going to de-rail the thread, i would personally be interrested in one of the houses if they actually were for sale in a serious manner.

To claim that the seller want as much as possible ( Duh! ), but at the same time say that they are worth much more induvidually is so contradicting, and it leads me to believe that its either some kind of showoff contest.

Let's face it, the market for all 3 as a package is extremely limited, selling them one by one would get rid of them faster and apparently for more money, so dont know where the logic is.

The day the seller is prepared to sell them off 1 by 1 at realistic prices, i will be a serious bidder/Buyer.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
@Lord Nabin can you show the Trade window picture of the last few Lunas and castles that you Sold as well???
YOU , yes YOU my "Friend" should know better How those 3 houses will be sold!!, and congrats Taboo!
Now the real question is, If Ivester will really Sell them!

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@ivester77 has decided to sell the houses at 62 Billion unless we receive a counter bid in the next 30 hours, I will post this at the top of the thread.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have been informed that this sale is now complete. Since this thread has already been derailed multiple different ways, and has become a moderation nightmare with many deleted posts, it is unfortunately time for the thread to be locked.

The original post was updated to name the buyer and how much the houses sold for. Please direct any questions you have about this sale to the original poster, seller, or buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.