• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So...

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
... @Bo Bo

After you dodged A M A D E U S last night you mentioned something in GC about me using something called alert scripts(?) at Miasma and you said you knew this because my pet had a name or something?
Needless to say, you didn´t make much sense plus the fact you were probably mad that I found the dodge funny so you had to make up some lies to switch focus on me instead.
But regardless, I would love to hear from you here, in full detail, what led up to this accusation.

Oh, and please stay on point.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
bo has accepted his challenge last night and tonight and guess what the guy just keeps talking junk... not sure what your talkin bout.
also bo loves to see how far you have fallen that you hate the KING CAPTAIN sooo much you siding with a known scripter. ahahhahaahha

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
bo has accepted his challenge last night and tonight and guess what the guy just keeps talking junk... not sure what your talkin bout.
also bo loves to see how far you have fallen that you hate the KING CAPTAIN sooo much you siding with a known scripter. ahahhahaahha
*sighs*

Bo, Bo, Bo...
I asked you to stay on point because I knew you would focus on the dodge part and just ignore the rest. Hmm, now why is that?
Also, we should put your words in context to show what they are worth.
You dodged A M A D E U S, I expressed in GC how funny that was considering you´re always beating your chest and your reply was that "GIL is siding with a known scripter".
Well, with that logic it would mean that VICE is siding with a known cheater since Freelsy liked Crunch's post in this thread:

Bo's Ideas For Siege Improvement

But this isn´t about VICE. And this isn´t about GIL. And this definitely isn´t about the dodge.
This is about you making a statement and your chance to back it up.

So please elaborate on how my pet has a name and therefore according to you I use alert scripts.
Just give us anything. Anything at all.
Because if you can´t back up your words then what are they worth?

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh my, Tjalle. How quickly we forget... Check out the thread (Closed)Gold pledges (to buy Baby Doll's Mag house)

Read Post #32, then re-read this thread... you wonder why no one takes you seriously.
Can you guys please stop speaking in riddles?
I love how you´re referring to a post that´s just another example of how your guildmates make statements that they can´t back up and for that "no one takes me seriously"?
I feel like I´m in the Twilight Zone...

What´s your point?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Two posts have been removed so far for trolling and personal attacks. Please make sure not to insult other posters going forward. Also please keep in mind that accusing other posters of using scripts/cheats etc. is not allowed on Stratics. Thanks.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So lets get this thread back on track. Bo will bet 1 million goldies, to be held by Tjalle meaning you must put your money up to tjalle also (since you seem to like her bo trusts that a gil wont run off with our money)
here is the deal no summons, no pets, no fields, no pots, no hiding you must kill me to win, otherwise I win.

Ok so for that other thing this thread is about sorry Tjalle it seems like Bo would be breaking the TOS of this message board to do what you ask. Surely you already knew this and was trying to goad the bo into getting in trouble here. hmm prolly why the bo hadn't answered your question. Or you were just trying to make the Bo look bad, either way you know what you were you doing and so does the Bo.

Lord Kurt Cobain

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So why is it exactly you get to pick 5 rules and you're asking me to play without half my template?

Ok since you have a laundry list of conditions to step into the arena (LOL) I guess I'm allowed to make stipulations too then? That's only fair right?

In addition to the 5 rules you picked, here are my 5: no poisoning skill, no death strike, no more than 1 weapon, no resisting spells, and no mounts. Thats 5 for 5 now. So do we have a deal?

Last edited:

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok so for that other thing this thread is about sorry Tjalle it seems like Bo would be breaking the TOS of this message board to do what you ask. Surely you already knew this and was trying to goad the bo into getting in trouble here. hmm prolly why the bo hadn't answered your question. Or you were just trying to make the Bo look bad, either way you know what you were you doing and so does the Bo.
You mean the ONLY thing this thread is about?
Nice try at avoiding explaining yourself but if you don´t want to post it here, you can post it on the Gilfane Public forum. You are registered there so shouldn´t be a problem, right?

Or will there be an excuse for that as well?

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So why is it exactly you get to pick 5 rules and you're asking me to play without half my template?

Ok since you have a laundry list of conditions to step into the arena (LOL) I guess I'm allowed to make stipulations too then? That's only fair right?

In addition to the 5 rules you picked, here are my 5: no poisoning skill, no death strike, no more than 1 weapon, no resisting spells, and no mounts. Thats 5 for 5 now. So do we have a deal?
5 things bo wanted, bo tried to make it fair. 4 of the items bo mentioned are things that can be turned off in the arena. the last was hiding, since you running mage bo didn't think you would want to hide.
no pots hurts bo more than you, no hiding again one of bo's skills, no pets well that's the same as no mounts as you would have to set followers to 0. so that would be 2 for bo 2 for you and we both agree to 0 pets.
how are we going to regulate what you want? no skills? no extra weapons? no death strikes?
as stated the no mounts no problem.
if you cant kill someone without summons and fields than you certainly aren't the pvper you think you are.
what you posted has DODGE written all over it..

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ama you can literally just protection arch cure gheal through his offense until he's out of mana. If you were smart you'd mystic stone form and dump him.

Lord Kurt Cobain

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My last post was not meant to be taken seriously, I thought it was pretty clear sarcasm, but I should have been more direct and clear for you Bo, so I will.

You are not Floyd Mayweather. You don't get to make demands or set handicaps for yourself to enter the ring. I don't really care what your reasoning or excuses are. You can either fight or not.

If this is to actually happen, it will be done 1 of 2 standard ways:

#1) Standard Tourney Rules - No Pots / No Pets

#2) Full Template - Anything goes

To me it doesn't matter which way you die, so I'll let you pick which way you want to lose.

And might as well make it 5 million, if not 10. And Igg will be the broker, unless you prefer to have Nails.

Lord Kurt Cobain

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Bo's not going to do anything but dodge. Dodge once again. He must be an LA dodger fan. In fact this whole thread has been about Bo dodging me. Might as well add this to the archive.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I used to think the whole GIL/VICE thing was just a fun good vs evil aspect that really brought a sense of community to the shard. Someone reading about it may want to pick a side and get involved, which is totally cool. Lately, I sense that there is more to it than that, it no longer seems like light-hearted fun and much more personal which I think tends to drive people away. I hate GIL as much as the next guy but only because they claim to stand for good and I am against all things good. I have no real beef with anyone from either side. I think the whole shard would benefit from the two guilds at least recognizing that they may have taken this a bit far and get back to hating each other for fun instead of actually hating each other, or at least making it seem like they do. I dream of a Siege where GIL and VICE can play nicely and I can be there to loot them both!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You have the right of it, Pete. It is an ugly stupid thing that has put me off of this community.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I used to think the whole GIL/VICE thing was just a fun good vs evil aspect that really brought a sense of community to the shard. Someone reading about it may want to pick a side and get involved, which is totally cool. Lately, I sense that there is more to it than that, it no longer seems like light-hearted fun and much more personal which I think tends to drive people away. I hate GIL as much as the next guy but only because they claim to stand for good and I am against all things good. I have no real beef with anyone from either side. I think the whole shard would benefit from the two guilds at least recognizing that they may have taken this a bit far and get back to hating each other for fun instead of actually hating each other, or at least making it seem like they do. I dream of a Siege where GIL and VICE can play nicely and I can be there to loot them both!
I never had a real problem with GIL per se. I always considered them as natural enemies since we're the bad guys, they're the good guys.
I started disliking some of them when they started their baseless smear campaigns against me and my alliance. Let's not forget who started this.
I don't like to stand there and let them play their finger poiting game though without at least some sort of reply that offers a different point of view on things. If that annoys you or Kelmo then I am sorry and I'm afraid the only solution for you will be to not follow these threads anymore.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Max Blackoak, I consider you a leader in the community and a pretty smart guy. I think that you should be able to get with whoever runs the show over at GIL and put something together to end this constant teenage girl bickering that y'all got going on. I'm almost certain that you understand that neither party is going to admit complete fault in the situation. What I'm not so sure of is that you realize that your bickering is quite off-putting to someone new to the shard or someone interested in joining either side. The saddest part is that I believe that both you and GIL want a larger and more active Siege community.

If you really do want a larger, more active community, do as I suggest: Get with the GIL leadership, maybe get the EM involved, and put together some type of event where players from both sides (good and evil) can come together and engage in some friendly competition to be reminded that this whole thing is supposed to be fun and not some personal BS.

My allegiance is to the Siege community above all else. I hate watching it become what it has been lately. I still do what I can to bring players here, but it isn't easy when gen chat conversation turns to toxic GIL/VICE banter. I know that you want what's best for the shard and right now the best thing that you could do is find a way to end this through whatever means necessary. And so you know, Max, I realize that mending this isn't solely your responsibility and that it's going to take compromise from both sides. I just addressed you because you are here and usually willing to engage in pleasant conversation.

wrectangle

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
@Max Blackoak,

If you really do want a larger, more active community, do as I suggest: Get with the GIL leadership, maybe get the EM involved, and put together some type of event where players from both sides (good and evil) can come together and engage in some friendly competition to be reminded that this whole thing is supposed to be fun and not some personal BS.
Vice has tried this many times, including the recent arena Thursdays and Sundays which the entire shard came to, with the exception of GIL. there's only so much we can do to try to include a guild who wishes to segregate themselves from the rest of the community

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Sweet! I did not know you could completely leave all of the chat. Bye.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Max Blackoak, I consider you a leader in the community and a pretty smart guy. I think that you should be able to get with whoever runs the show over at GIL and put something together to end this constant teenage girl bickering that y'all got going on. I'm almost certain that you understand that neither party is going to admit complete fault in the situation. What I'm not so sure of is that you realize that your bickering is quite off-putting to someone new to the shard or someone interested in joining either side. The saddest part is that I believe that both you and GIL want a larger and more active Siege community.

My allegiance is to the Siege community above all else. I hate watching it become what it has been lately. I still do what I can to bring players here, but it isn't easy when gen chat conversation turns to toxic GIL/VICE banter. I know that you want what's best for the shard and right now the best thing that you could do is find a way to end this through whatever means necessary. And so you know, Max, I realize that mending this isn't solely your responsibility and that it's going to take compromise from both sides. I just addressed you because you are here and usually willing to engage in pleasant conversation.

Don't get too caught up in the GIL/VICE banter. There are maybe a handful of GIL players that erode the good name of GIL. Most are standup players that I do business with all the time. However, there are those, like the OP, that are just rotten. They let everything get under their skin and they take everything personally. It's quite sad that they let little things... like PK'ing them... trigger them so much. Best thing to do is just ignore them and move on.

One day GIL will get their **** together and recover their good name and rejoin the community. Until then, they can hide in their shadows and play with themselves (giggity)

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Don't get too caught up in the GIL/VICE banter. There are maybe a handful of GIL players that erode the good name of GIL. Most are standup players that I do business with all the time. However, there are those, like the OP, that are just rotten. They let everything get under their skin and they take everything personally. It's quite sad that they let little things... like PK'ing them... trigger them so much. Best thing to do is just ignore them and move on.

One day GIL will get their **** together and recover their good name and rejoin the community. Until then, they can hide in their shadows and play with themselves (giggity)
Very well said. If a few in my guild were engaged in this kind of behavior, I would have to leave or take out some trash as I wouldn't want to associate myself with those that are actively working to harm the community. It's all about having fun and it seems that those that replied to me understand that. I hope that you are correct that one day GIL will restore their good name, because with no "good" players, I wouldn't really be evil, and that would upset me greatly.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
with no "good" players, I wouldn't really be evil
this!
I miss the old anti-pk guilds of back in the day. They were basically PvP guilds who made it their purpose to battle the PKs. They would hang out in the Siege IRC channel and if people got attacked they would post in there and within a minute the place was swarming with anti-pks who were trying to avenge the victim. You really had to be quick back then if you wanted to make it out of a dungeon with your victim's loot. Obivously the stealth changes over the years made this a lot harder for the anti-pks.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Here´s another perfect example of what I´m talking about.
Lying and blameshifting. So instead of addressing the fact that his guildmate is making up lies about other players to discredit them he targets me.

So apparantly the OP, me, is "rotten". Without any explanation as to why he just throws that word out.
And also according to him getting killed by PKs triggers me.

Alright Freelsy. Name one time, or better yet, link to a single post where I have complained about being killed. That should be interesting since I love killing you guys as much as I love dying to you. Why else do you think I play Siege?
And also, please share with us why you think I´m "rotten".

And let´s talk about taking things personally, shall we?
Like in this thread below. It starts with what I felt was a friendly jab from BD, I replied with what I felt was a friendly jab and then it went south from there.
Why? Because for some reason she took it personal.
And then of course Bo had to jump in and save her heh. Why? Because my reply mentioned VICE dying and his ego can´t handle stuff like that.

So where was Freelsy then talking about people getting all worked up about dying?

Selling a 120 mage scroll

And then we have the other thread that I linked to earlier, *waves*, and who was it that was emotional at the EM event described in there if not Bo and Freelsy himself.

*sigh*
Smoke and mirrors is all we ever get from these guys...

I started disliking some of them when they started their baseless smear campaigns against me and my alliance. Let's not forget who started this.
"Baseless smear campaigns"...
All we hear from you guys is exactly that, baseless smearing and slandering. You never follow up with anything explaining or supporting your accusations.
So, who started this?

And while you´re here Max. What are your thoughts on your co-guildleader Bo´s actions? Do you think it´s ok he makes up lies like that?
I won´t be holding my breath for an answer to that...

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so far I haven't seen him make up lies. All I see is you standing here, pointing fingers and trying to bait people. My suggestion: just let it go

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
so far I haven't seen him make up lies. All I see is you standing here, pointing fingers and trying to bait people. My suggestion: just let it go
Then why won´t he back up his accusation? Why is he ignoring it like there´s no tomorrow? You don´t find that telling?
And you don´t think I have the right to confront him on it? And if I were what he claims I am, wouldn´t I have the most to lose by taking this to a public forum?
You don´t have to answer those, just food for thought.

And of course I´m gonna point fingers when people make negative blanket statements about me/us. I wouldn´t even be doing this if it wasn´t for you guys doing/saying stupid stuff.
Of course I´m gonna call you out on it. At least I back my words up with details and links showing said stuff. Something you guys never seem to be able to do even when it´s openly asked for.

But then again, we both know you see what you want to see...

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh, and you "forgot" to tell us who started this. Afterall, you brought it up so I think it´s only fair that you´re the one telling us.
And try not to leave out any details.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not ignoring anything, you bafoon. Lol. I'm a busy person and don't live on the forums. I'll respond when I get home this evening.

For the record, it took two seconds to think of a time you died and cried. Khaldun event by Sieges house near the minoc pass. You sat as a ghost and cried and cried and cried.

We even offered to rez you. That's actually the first time I learned how to accurately pronounce your name from Max.

But there ya go. Enjoy your rage filled day.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Oh, and you "forgot" to tell us who started this.
Dude, just stop. It doesn't matter who started this. The point is that we need it to end. As a 3rd party that doesn't want to take sides, you are making it difficult. Anyone reading this can clearly see that one side wants this to be over as much as the rest of the community does. I think the whole thing is stupid, @kelmo also seems to think the whole thing is stupid for whatever that's worth, and I'm willing to bet everyone else who isn't involved thinks the whole thing is stupid. Nobody knows or cares who started it, it will be a different event for each party involved.

My suggestion: just let it go
+1

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm not ignoring anything, you bafoon. Lol. I'm a busy person and don't live on the forums. I'll respond when I get home this evening.

For the record, it took two seconds to think of a time you died and cried. Khaldun event by Sieges house near the minoc pass. You sat as a ghost and cried and cried and cried.

We even offered to rez you. That's actually the first time I learned how to accurately pronounce your name from Max.

But there ya go. Enjoy your rage filled day.
Nice story. Too bad it isn´t true. The "cried and cried and cried" part kind of gave you away.
I did die every now and then inside the dungeon, mostly to spawn. And if I lose stuff, I go replace it.

The reason I call bullsh*t on your story is because that is not how I would react to dying. Perhaps you´re thinking of someone else.
But at least you gave it a try.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Dude, just stop. It doesn't matter who started this. The point is that we need it to end. As a 3rd party that doesn't want to take sides, you are making it difficult. Anyone reading this can clearly see that one side wants this to be over as much as the rest of the community does. I think the whole thing is stupid, @kelmo also seems to think the whole thing is stupid for whatever that's worth, and I'm willing to bet everyone else who isn't involved thinks the whole thing is stupid. Nobody knows or cares who started it, it will be a different event for each party involved.

+1
Trust me, I wouldn´t mind not having to make these posts but I´m not gonna just take their bullsh*t and false accusations and not confront them on it.
If they truely wanted this to end, they would stop making stuff up. But since they don´t, their true motives can be questioned.

wrectangle

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Trust me, I wouldn´t mind not having to make these posts but I´m not gonna just take their bullsh*t and false accusations and not confront them on it.
If they truely wanted this to end, they would stop making stuff up. But since they don´t, their true motives can be questioned.
  • Do not use public forums or chat channels for excessive bragging or complaining about in-game events. Always consider how a forum thread may reflect upon the guild regardless of the justification for your own posts.
This rule was taken from the Gilfane code of conduct. You don't HAVE to make these posts, you're choosing to make them, and unless someone in the HC of GIL is requesting you to post these, you're choosing to break your guild rules for your own agenda, which confirm's Freelsy's statement about you being rotten. You started by targetting the Bo, and you turn it and attack all of Vice, so yes, we will come and defend ourselves, but we don't generally go out of our way to make these posts as often as you do. You want it to end? Then stop adding the fuel to the fire and let it go

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
  • Do not use public forums or chat channels for excessive bragging or complaining about in-game events. Always consider how a forum thread may reflect upon the guild regardless of the justification for your own posts.
This rule was taken from the Gilfane code of conduct. You don't HAVE to make these posts, you're choosing to make them, and unless someone in the HC of GIL is requesting you to post these, you're choosing to break your guild rules for your own agenda, which confirm's Freelsy's statement about you being rotten. You started by targetting the Bo, and you turn it and attack all of Vice, so yes, we will come and defend ourselves, but we don't generally go out of our way to make these posts as often as you do. You want it to end? Then stop adding the fuel to the fire and let it go
Honestly, I'm more interested in this post and your justification of why your guild shouldn't have you removed. It's a really good rule and it seems to me that your removal would solve most of the guild's problems and help to restore their good name. Again nobody cares who started this whole thing but you seem to be the only one who wants to continue it.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't attack you, goofball. I pointed out the hypocrisy between your previous post and this post. That is not a personal attack. However, it does prove my point that anything we (Vice) say that you don't agree with, you take it as a personal sleight/attack. That's childish behavior

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I didn't attack you, goofball. I pointed out the hypocrisy between your previous post and this post. That is not a personal attack. However, it does prove my point that anything we (Vice) say that you don't agree with, you take it as a personal sleight/attack. That's childish behavior
Saying that no one takes me seriously isn´t a personal attack?
And comparing a post where I ask Max to back up his slander of GIL members with specifics and a post where I ask Bo to back up his accusations with specifics means I´m a hypocrite?

Wow, you should be a politician. :D

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Honestly, I'm more interested in this post and your justification of why your guild shouldn't have you removed. It's a really good rule and it seems to me that your removal would solve most of the guild's problems and help to restore their good name. Again nobody cares who started this whole thing but you seem to be the only one who wants to continue it.
If me wanting people to take responsibility for their actions hurt your feelings in some way, then feel free to just ignore this thread.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If me wanting people to take responsibility for their actions hurt your feelings in some way, then feel free to just ignore this thread.
My feelings are fine. If you think acting like a fool is going to get people to take responsibility, go ahead. My point was to illustrate how you are violating your own guild's rules and to see how you justify that. I will ignore this thread because you're probably going to dodge my question anyway. Also it's now obvious to me that you are the issue here and since I'm not going to change your mind, all I can hope for is that whoever is in charge of GIL sees this and cuts you out like the tumor you are so that the other members of GIL and the rest of the shard can play their game in peace.

I only stepped in to see if there was something I could do as a 3rd party to mediate. It really isn't something I wanted to do but the garbage coming from both sides is affecting all of us. It's obvious what needs to be done so I feel like I accomplished what I set out to do. It's out of my hands now. Bye.

Shalimar/Cleo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@Tjalle, why do you care so much about this? I ask because you don't admit when you accuse others of things that aren't/weren't true either. In the other thread about buying BD's house for the shard, you were adamant about BD wanting gold for it. My last post on the matter was:
(This. Was. Never. About. Gold.
When I started this thread off with a 2mil pledge, I could just as easily have pledged 2k, but I'm of the school where one good turn deserves another. I thought BD should get something for her good intention. The players who followed my pledge with their own simply followed suit, with higher, rather than lower pledges.

When BD ended the offer because of lack of 'community' interest, I had sent her a pm a little time earlier saying if it was me who offered the community a house and only had 6 players interested in it (with about 800 thread views at that time) I would say 'feck it' and remove the offer. I'm happy to say she agreed with my thinking.

Congrats to Starcon, the new owner of the house)

You didn't reply to this post. Now should I take from the absence of a reply from you that you still don't believe what I said, or, when you know you were/are wrong you just ignore? If it's the former, then you think I am a liar. Am I going to let that bother me? No, not a jot. In that other thread you also made a comment about feeling you were in the twilight zone, but you were not talking about the doozie of a post Chargar made out of the blue (about NEW looking for a house?) and nothing to do with anything in that thread...that was a twilight zone moment if ever there was one, yet you didn't comment on it. You just seem to have such a dislike of certain players, you come across as being very petty and self-righteous yes and hypocritical too, and it's not a good look.

For the record, shortly after I came back to UO, I noticed a big difference in the GIL footprint. GIL used to be approachable and were always visible in as much as they would be visible and easy to contact and were the guild I knew would do things with new players. Now, a lot (not all) of GIL seem so suspicious of everyone, and if this isn't true, it's certainly the outward impression given by a lot of GIL.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Tjalle, why do you care so much about this? I ask because you don't admit when you accuse others of things that aren't/weren't true either. In the other thread about buying BD's house for the shard, you were adamant about BD wanting gold for it. My last post on the matter was:
(This. Was. Never. About. Gold.
When I started this thread off with a 2mil pledge, I could just as easily have pledged 2k, but I'm of the school where one good turn deserves another. I thought BD should get something for her good intention. The players who followed my pledge with their own simply followed suit, with higher, rather than lower pledges.

When BD ended the offer because of lack of 'community' interest, I had sent her a pm a little time earlier saying if it was me who offered the community a house and only had 6 players interested in it (with about 800 thread views at that time) I would say 'feck it' and remove the offer. I'm happy to say she agreed with my thinking.

Congrats to Starcon, the new owner of the house)

You didn't reply to this post. Now should I take from the absence of a reply from you that you still don't believe what I said, or, when you know you were/are wrong you just ignore? If it's the former, then you think I am a liar. Am I going to let that bother me? No, not a jot. In that other thread you also made a comment about feeling you were in the twilight zone, but you were not talking about the doozie of a post Chargar made out of the blue (about NEW looking for a house?) and nothing to do with anything in that thread...that was a twilight zone moment if ever there was one, yet you didn't comment on it. You just seem to have such a dislike of certain players, you come across as being very petty and self-righteous yes and hypocritical too, and it's not a good look.

For the record, shortly after I came back to UO, I noticed a big difference in the GIL footprint. GIL used to be approachable and were always visible in as much as they would be visible and easy to contact and were the guild I knew would do things with new players. Now, a lot (not all) of GIL seem so suspicious of everyone, and if this isn't true, it's certainly the outward impression given by a lot of GIL.
Of course it was about gold. Why else would you start a fundraising in the first place if it wasn´t?
And if BD didn´t have a habit of erasing/deleting/editing all of her posts it would still say so in her OP. With her own words.
And the replies in it, including yours, confirm that.

Closed for lack of interest! Thank you for your time!

It might not have been about gold in the sense you´re thinking of but it was still about gold.
So what´s there for me to admit?

My interpretation of CharGar's post was that she for some reason thought the fundraising was so that BD's house would be used for NEW, perhaps because you were the one starting the thread.
You would have to ask CharGar about that. Maybe she was proposing a cheaper alternative?

@Tjalle, why do you care so much about this?
If you haven´t already figured this out then I´m afraid there´s nothing more I can say to make you understand.

Shalimar/Cleo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@Tjalle

The replies in that thread stem from Starcon saying he probably didn't have enough gold to buy the house himself. However, the house was not offered for sale, so that point was moot.

The house was offered to the shard on the provision enough interest was shown by the players. BD also said 'no harm, no foul' if there weren't many players interested in her offer; she would just revoke the offer if this was the case. Gold. Was. Not. Asked. For.

Starcon followed on from his previous moot comment by saying he would pledge some gold along with others, and I liked the idea and followed suit. (one good turn deserves another and all that)

I then started the thread with a gold pledge (my choice, my amount)
This is the way we were showing our interest in BD's offer...our choice, not hers. This was a much more comfortable and fair way to express interest, but 6 players is hardly the shard, so that was the end of that.

As for the rest of your reply Tjalle, I roll my eyes and wonder if I would get more sense if I just took up the habit of speaking to a brick wall.