• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] So Which shards are in the running for the next fest after xmas

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems pretty straight forward then...Sorted!!

Baja gets the nod for the first of 2012..as promised

Sakura gets the second of 2012

cant wait for either.....kinda guessing the elite will decide on 2 or 3 per year...

Also all the shards that have NOT hosted one yet should be putting a bid in for the back end of 2012 or early 2013....cant see point of having another on a shard thats already had at least two or more....that would be sad.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems pretty straight forward then...Sorted!!

Baja gets the nod for the first of 2012..as promised

Sakura gets the second of 2012

cant wait for either.....kinda guessing the elite will decide on 2 or 3 per year...

Also all the shards that have NOT hosted one yet should be putting a bid in for the back end of 2012 or early 2013....cant see point of having another on a shard thats already had at least two or more....that would be sad.
Wait what? The asian shards have been pushing for an event for two years. Pay attention.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but 2011 had 4!!!! including the mini fest which was prob as good as some of the others...

Errr im not a big rares collector iam not in the elite club....for a smaller collector like me ....its a lot easier for me to tag onto another travaller and share xhard costs....sending gold and items then bringing back goodies....than actually move my own char...saying that i made around 300m but spent slightly more...

biggest problem with the last atlantic fest was NOT THAT PEOPLE WERE BROKE......NO WAY....It was the silent auction prices were starting way toooo high.....its as if the uber rares people expected a miniumn 100m for a 1 in 20 drop now....alas thats why about 2/3s of the items did not receive a bid???

The balls in your court elite rares guys/gals.....u nearly outpriced everyone at toad hall...be more carefull at the next on....and u will get a lot more sales......

Looks forward to the next one!!!!!!....be in 2 or 3 x a year.....or 4 like 2011!!!!!!
I think you are mistaken. Peruse over the forum a year ago and you will see many of the same items/type of items selling for twice as much. Again, it comes back to gold in the community itself. People won't admit it, but there is less of it circulating.

What happens when people are low on gold? They don't spend it! Items weren't bid on because people didnt have the dough. Until we go back to two fests or less a year...the amount of gold in the community will continue to decline. (this may not be what fest is about..gold...however it does drive the community and needs to be considered.)

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yea i think peeps had gold they just didnt want to buy way over priced items!! i know i had plenty of gold there but was unwilling to over pay for items :(
Yes, a lot of those things seemed to be in the wishful thinking category price wise.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea i think peeps had gold they just didnt want to buy way over priced items!! i know i had plenty of gold there but was unwilling to over pay for items :(
I'm with Fraggles on this one. I had plenty of gold to spend, but the pricing was way off base in my opinion.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont disagree that the prices were high on many items...but that is just in direct reflection to what has been seen here for sale on the forums. For many, gold was an issue.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont disagree that the prices were high on many items...but that is just in direct reflection to what has been seen here for sale on the forums. For many, gold was an issue.
Like others have already said...gold was not a issue!!!!...of late on these forums ...people have been asking for 100m for 1 in 20 drops....even clicky drops.. [ie over 50 or more]....THIS had a huge knock on effect at the festival were people simply outpriced the items because it had become the norm??? crazy yes...

Im just stating the obvoius....keep it under control!!!!and not silly!! and the sales will come...get greedy.. peeps will just sit back....

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like others have already said...gold was not a issue!!!!...of late on these forums ...people have been asking for 100m for 1 in 20 drops....even clicky drops.. [ie over 50 or more]....THIS had a huge knock on effect at the festival were people simply outpriced the items because it had become the norm??? crazy yes...

Im just stating the obvoius....keep it under control!!!!and not silly!! and the sales will come...get greedy.. peeps will just sit back....
First off, quantity is not the determining factor in price. Clicky drops? Those have hit up to 200 mil.

You don't think gold was an issue? Again, you don't spend your gold transferring around. Others do. No offense but I think your scope of understanding is limited due to your experience...

Now, since we cannot talk about gold sales...I won't even discuss the amount of gold that has left the community via that direction. I will however say that the total amount is well over 100 billion between all the collectors this year alone.

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People were broke as s**t during this fest
BTW, two tokens from everyone alone 3-4 times a year more than offsets any gains made in the community gold wise
I know a few people who have had to skip on traveling because they just could not afford it
it seems people are beginning to actually think what I have to say has merit!
Many collectors spend over 200 mil a year just on tokens.
there are a few collectors out there who are up in arms over my thoughts of two per year
All I did was point out the obvious costs for people bringing characters, goods, and money to other shards..
What happens when people are low on gold? They don't spend it!
For many, gold was an issue.
The quotes are ONLY from this thread. Can you PLEASE stop talking about your imaginary friend/people? since they dont post here, seems that they dont share your point of view because they dont exist. Period.
Damn, I just got tired of so much crap.

I won't even discuss the amount of gold that has left the community via that direction. I will however say that the total amount is well over 100 billion between all the collectors this year alone.
Sure, 100 billions. I bet you got that amount asking your imaginary friends too. I'm sure you are the leader on your own imaginary community. Congrats.

Just stop the BS. Thanks.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@ Apetul

100 billion? 5 or so people collectors here easily put that out last year alone. Not my fault if you can't count to potato.

Kinda ticks me off, all I want to do is help keep this community running smoothly while helping people avoid getting ripped off/quit and you choose to rip my warnings/comments apart. Well done.

Last, lets keep it civil buddy...unless you want me to call you out every time you try to spark up a deal with a thief I suggest you leave your personal crap at the door.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For me, personally, this was the first Rares Fest at which I actually bought something to keep for my own collection.

...Admittedly, it was only 5mil, and I've already made all that money back and more, but...
What was it?!
A bottle of the "Serpent's Cross Saffron Liqueur." It's one of the "one set per shard" that dropped at the High Seas launch event that are rare versions of the liquor bottles that spawn in Liquor Smuggler's Caches.

It complements my "A Bottle of Special SCT One Year Anniversary Reserve Vintage." (SCT = Serpent Cross Tavern [Note the lack of the apostrophe and letter S in "Serpent" in the correct name =/ ])