• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SO, Where do you call home?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Michigan is rebuilding and their players were recruited for a totally different offense. They did dominate Minnesota last week. They'll be back..It might take a few years but they'll be back.
first off, last year was supposed to be ohio states rebuilding year after losing several top notch offensive and defensive players....and they went to the NC! I understand, going to a new system under RR and all, but honestly, its michigan, they are going to get recruits and if RR take high caliber recruits, system or no system, and turn them into a half way decent team, not a team that gets beat by the toledo rockets, then he is no coach. Then to say they dominated Minnesota.....seriously? Minnesota.... whoopty do... you mean to tell me their offensive finnaly didnt have 4+ turnovers and their defense showed up to a game finally? The same defense that was supposed to carry them through a rebuilding year... And i agree with the previous post, dantonio did it just down the street, yet RR has a free pass? pathetic...wolverines fans should be calling for his head, it was a bad last resort hire. The media is just saying "oh be patient, oh its his 1st year." After watching this season, you think he'll ever pick up a pryor or pat white? I don't.

S

Saleena

Thats your story and yer stickin to it, eh? You two looked like you were waiting to catch somthin in yer mouth but you didnt want to get it in yer eyes. :)

Oh well..You changed the picture.
We were just Rocking it out Being RockStars:) And yes I get bored at work gotta change pictures up something to do!

Go Pack go????:thumbup1:

S

Sunchicken

"They will still never be as great as Ohio State."
*COUGHS* S E C
your team has been neutralized by 3 simple letters :hug:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"They will still never be as great as Ohio State."
*COUGHS* S E C
your team has been neutralized by 3 simple letters :hug:
Yea i really hope texas tech and alabama play in the NC, i want to see that. All the talk about "SEC has great defenses and bs, they will get beat down. I understand that Ohio state has had issues in recent years against SEC teams, the florida game in the NC was incredible, florida dominated the game and i will not deny how good they looked doing it. I can make many excuses such as our star player going down on the kickoff, but florida's d-line was beast like. The LSU game on the other hand, was closer then it looked, it was a great game until ohio state had a field goal blocked and then it just looked like they were flat the rest of the game. can't wait till they play tennessee in a home/away series in a few years, get that losing streak against sec teams taken care of lol.

Hobo Sapien

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heres a lil something I'd throw in the pot...

The Best Places to Raise Your Kids 2009
by Businessweek

This year we are going state by state. Once again working with OnBoard Informatics, a New York-based provider of real estate analysis, we selected towns with at least 50,000 residents and a median family income between $40,000 and $100,000.

We then narrowed the list of towns using the following weighted criteria: school performance; number of schools; household expenditures; crime rates; air quality; job growth; family income; museums, parks, theaters, and other amenities; and diversity.

We weighted school performance and safety most heavily, but also gave strong weight to amenities and affordability.

"Illinois"

Mount Prospect
Village of Mount Prospect

Nearest city: Chicago

Population: 54,603

Median household income: $82,504

Mount Prospect, a suburb 25 miles northwest of Chicago, was not only the best place to raise your kids in Illinois, it topped our list nationally.

It has low crime, great schools, and homes for a wide range of incomes.

Children have access to ball fields, hiking trails, skating rinks, indoor swimming pools, recreational centers, stores, restaurants, and multiplex movie theaters.

Runners-up:

Des Plaines

Palatine

I get a kick out of the folks saying that Madison is greater than Chicago!!! :lol: Comming from Iowa and living on the boarder of both Illinios and Wisconsin and having been to each states major cities several times, nothing beats Chicago as far as city life/living is concerned.

Heh everybody knows Mt. Prospect, Des Plaines and Palatine are the arm pit of Elk Grove Villiage.

F

ForTheOcean

Yea i really hope texas tech and alabama play in the NC, i want to see that. All the talk about "SEC has great defenses and bs, they will get beat down. I understand that Ohio state has had issues in recent years against SEC teams, the florida game in the NC was incredible, florida dominated the game and i will not deny how good they looked doing it. I can make many excuses such as our star player going down on the kickoff, but florida's d-line was beast like. The LSU game on the other hand, was closer then it looked, it was a great game until ohio state had a field goal blocked and then it just looked like they were flat the rest of the game. can't wait till they play tennessee in a home/away series in a few years, get that losing streak against sec teams taken care of lol.
Hell yeah...

S

Sunchicken

"can't wait till they play tennessee in a home/away series in a few years, get that losing streak against sec teams taken care of lol."

Tennessee has killer talent, but their coaching staff as grown stale. I expect them to loose a couple more games this year vandy should slay them and thats saying how far they have fell in standards.
Noone that knows anything about football can even argue the fact that the sec doesnt have the tuffest confrence games in college football. Lsu, Florida, Georgia, Alabama....

Im not trying to take anything away from Texas , Texas tech, Oklahoma, Usc, they have good football programs.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i agree that the sec schedule top to bottom is wicked, but what conference schedule isn't wicked.... the conference schedule is a different season for most teams, you play rivalry games, familiarity, and most of the time records go out the window in a conference schedule. It will fall, everyone has their run....some longer then others. Sure the last couple years people have said the big ten is "overrated", based on a beating and a good game loss for ohio state in national championship games. Followed by a beating from usc, which sucked. Everyone has their bad games but atleast ohio state has lost to top tier talent in recent years, usc loses to the stanfords of the world, florida lost to ole miss? ohio state has lost 5 games so far in 3 seasons, which include 2 national champions, a #1 rated team, and a # 3 rated team, with an illinois game thrown in there the week before michigan week! Please...

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Freezing your asses off yet?

I was going to go to one of the local world famous beaches today, but I'm already all sun burnt up...and it was a bit too warm for my tastes today anyway.

Sedric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
first off, last year was supposed to be ohio states rebuilding year after losing several top notch offensive and defensive players....and they went to the NC! I understand, going to a new system under RR and all, but honestly, its michigan, they are going to get recruits and if RR take high caliber recruits, system or no system, and turn them into a half way decent team, not a team that gets beat by the toledo rockets, then he is no coach. Then to say they dominated Minnesota.....seriously? Minnesota.... whoopty do... you mean to tell me their offensive finnaly didnt have 4+ turnovers and their defense showed up to a game finally? The same defense that was supposed to carry them through a rebuilding year... And i agree with the previous post, dantonio did it just down the street, yet RR has a free pass? pathetic...wolverines fans should be calling for his head, it was a bad last resort hire. The media is just saying "oh be patient, oh its his 1st year." After watching this season, you think he'll ever pick up a pryor or pat white? I don't.

Ok...Just because OSU did great last year in their situation doesnt mean thats the standard. Michigan lost Henne, Hart, long and Manningham which are big holes to fill *AND* completely changed their offense. And yes...It does make a difference when a new coach has to use players that were recruited for a different system. It actually works both ways and there were a few players that transfered because of it. Nobody was expecting big things. Not even if they hadnt changed their coach and offensive scheme.

Yes their defense wasnt suppose to be this bad but what can ya do? And I mentioned them dominating Minnesota not because I wanted to brag but to show that they had taken a step in the right direction. Minnesota isnt that bad of a team.

And please....Detroit\Michigan fans are the best and worst fans in sports. They are all on the band wagon when their team is doing good and running players out of town when things are bad. Even fans in michigan can see how unrational it would be to run RR out of town.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And please....Detroit\Michigan fans are the best and worst fans in sports. They are all on the band wagon when their team is doing good and running players out of town when things are bad. Even fans in michigan can see how unrational it would be to run RR out of town.
I guess i wasn't saying run him out of town yet, i just feel it was a bad hire. For a big team, good defenses understand the spread or atleast are adapting to it. Everyone seems to think he will roll the big ten when he has his players... (some coaches adapt their system to their players). Someone already tried that, Joe Tiller of purdue... he was successful with drew brees and hasn't seen much success since. We'll just have to see how it goes, Even as a buckeye fan i don't want to see a rivalry go sour because of a bad team, and we all know michigan wasn't supposed to be THIS BAD. But anywho, going back to detroit/michigan fans, if you or anyone you know has been a lions fan since herman moore and barry sanders, or a tigers fan up until recently...mad props...

S

Saleena

Freezing your asses off yet?

I was going to go to one of the local world famous beaches today, but I'm already all sun burnt up...and it was a bit too warm for my tastes today anyway.

Just for that comment I would personally Drive down to flordia to bring your rear up here and stick your head in a snow bank! Sun Burn pfffft!

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lets see.....some follow-ups.

I never said Chicago was the best place in the US to live. There are actually some other place I like better - but I take offense to someone calling it the ******* of the country with zero reasons/facts behind it and trying to compare it to a much smaller city in a state that boasts nearly as many cows as people.

Chicago has its problems - but is one of the best large cities in the country for livability. But its typical of Lynk - just throw insults at something you don't understand.

Ok on to Mi****igan and such... I lived there... I'll never defend it esp Detroit. I grew up outside Akron (yes Betty) and will always hate Michigan. Go Buckeyes!

"We don't give a damn about the whole state of Michigan cause we're from O-H-I-O'...

What a great year for Buckeye fans just watching UM get kicked around by nearly everyone.

Did you hear that this years OSU/UM game in Columbus is cancelled? Michigan couldn't get past Toledo. Bwahahaha!

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find all the Ohio State yahoos to be amusing. They choke in big games and are so nuts they care more about Michigan losing than they do about thier own team winning. The reality is Michigan has won many more games in the series and has had the upperhand in the series since Woody Hayes retired(or was forced out for punching the Clemson player on the sideline). Michigan has been down a few years now but it is a temporary thing as this is Michigans first losing season in something like 40 years. I pity Ohio sports fans. Aside from the Cinncinati Reds who have the only Ohio pro championship team in my lifetime, they have absolutely nothing but garbage teams. The Indians havent won anything since the Ancient Bob Feller era, The Cavs have always been crap and will lose Lebron James to free agency and will tumble back into being a doormat to the NBA, the Browns suck just like the Lions and are one of the few old school NFL teams to never even make it to a superbowl. The Bengals also suck. I think the reason Ohio fans go so bananas over an over rated OSU team every year is because quite simply they have nothing else. Say what you want about Michigan but the fact is we have championships. U-M football late 90s,U-M hoops late 80s, MSU hoops under Tom Izzo, Detroit Tigers 84, Pistons 89,90,2004, Red Wings(hockey is the greatest sport to watch live) 97,98, 2002, 2008. The Lions are the worst franchise in the NFL but hey at least we have a team. What Has Ohio done other than get a lucky pass intereference call against Miami Fla and choke vs the SEC and overhype themselves?

L

landon27

Yeah chicago is a great place to live. Every city has its ups and downs but the point of the post was to give a shout out where you live. (Chicago) on a lighter note we where number one in murder a couple years back got that one out of the way lol.

B

Black Betty

The Lions are the worst franchise in the NFL but hey at least we have a team.
This was merely stating the obvious. Perhaps similar to how most folks feel about the Browns? Even though I am not a Browns fan and never have been, I must give props to their fans. They are there for games come rain, sun, sleet, hail or snow to support them and are just about as die hard any fans can be even for a winning/decent team like the Steelers, Packers or Cowboys. As for the support of OSU, it's always been that way in Ohio. The Buckeyes are supported win or lose and viewed as the better team, no matter the outcome.

One a side note, Holy hell, what the hell is going on with those damn annoying Titans? I am looking forward to watching how things turn out this year with them. Keke @ Chicago with our Packer win over them. I was a little shocked at the point spread for this game. :coco: Yikes!

I

Insta

Yea i really hope texas tech and alabama play in the NC, i want to see that.
Honestly I dont think that Bama will make it to the NC, they will end up loosing to FL in the SEC championship. Which will make for a much more interesting national championship. If Bama goes, Bama will loose. Personally I think Florida will beat TX tech. No, I am not a gator fan, The reason for my in game mispelling of my most known character, is not to spell the word "gator" in the name. I think Florida might have the best team in football.

P.S. Its a very sad year for my beloved vols :(

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I find all the Ohio State yahoos to be amusing. They choke in big games and are so nuts they care more about Michigan losing than they do about thier own team winning. The reality is Michigan has won many more games in the series and has had the upperhand in the series since Woody Hayes retired(or was forced out for punching the Clemson player on the sideline). Michigan has been down a few years now but it is a temporary thing as this is Michigans first losing season in something like 40 years. I pity Ohio sports fans. Aside from the Cinncinati Reds who have the only Ohio pro championship team in my lifetime, they have absolutely nothing but garbage teams. The Indians havent won anything since the Ancient Bob Feller era, The Cavs have always been crap and will lose Lebron James to free agency and will tumble back into being a doormat to the NBA, the Browns suck just like the Lions and are one of the few old school NFL teams to never even make it to a superbowl. The Bengals also suck. I think the reason Ohio fans go so bananas over an over rated OSU team every year is because quite simply they have nothing else. Say what you want about Michigan but the fact is we have championships. U-M football late 90s,U-M hoops late 80s, MSU hoops under Tom Izzo, Detroit Tigers 84, Pistons 89,90,2004, Red Wings(hockey is the greatest sport to watch live) 97,98, 2002, 2008. The Lions are the worst franchise in the NFL but hey at least we have a team. What Has Ohio done other than get a lucky pass intereference call against Miami Fla and choke vs the SEC and overhype themselves?
Nobody said anything about them being good - but we support them.

Betty got it right - its about supporting the team come thick or thin.

OSU/UM? Last 7 out of 10 won by the Buckeye's. Who cares that in late 1800's and early 1900's Michigan won like 12 of the first 13? Thats before it was even football and there was no forward pass.

Anyways, great to see UM have their worst year ever.

I've lived in Detroit. Their fans are fair weather except for the Wings. But of course, because of all the Pizza money they are good every year. The rest of the Mish-it-igan teams are bleh. Tigers blew a HUGE wad on their team to just barely finish out of last place. Whee. Nice work pizza boy. Lions. Exercise in futility. They may not even win a game this year. Hello expansion team record.

Its ok, the stadiums will be empty there again when the whole state is unemployed. It would be nice if any of the big 3 would find a way to make a decent car. Instead they are all headed to bankruptcy. It would be nice to see them get taken over by a car company that can actually design a decent car. Even the Hyundai's look better than anything GM can turn out.

Sedric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Blah....blah blabity blah blah....

I've lived in Detroit. Their fans are fair weather except for the Wings. But of course, because of all the Pizza money they are good every year. The rest of the Mish-it-igan teams are bleh.

blah blah blah blah bah...... Even the Hyundai's look better than anything GM can turn out.
Theo...Dont you find it odd that nobody claiming to live in michigan has said anything to defend Detroit? Man..Its almost as if people living in the cities surrounding Detroit dont care. :lick:

Since you used to live in Detroit, you should then understand that there is Detroit and then theres 15 minutes outside of Detroit which is a completely different world. Incidently, its these people, living outside of detroit, that make up the fan base for detroit teams.

Just thought I'd let you know that bashing Detroit and expecting to get a response is just as futile as rooting for the Lions(and I do every week).

Now....You have it all wrong about the redwings. While it sounds funny and clever to think the wings are good because of pizza money, its actually quite ignorant. The wings are good every year and have been profitable for quite some time because they have a great oranization from top to bottom. Spending money doesnt automaticly make you a good team. If you dont believe me take a look at the countless examples around you in sports today.

Also, theres a big difference between designing a good car and designing a good looking car. With that said your hyundai\GM comparison is ignorant on so many levels I'd rather just laugh at you then express how wrong you are. And I'm not even a fan of GM cars.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*thinks back to the Devils 4-game sweep over the Wings*

Damn, Brodeur was a youngin' then.

How many of you actually went to any of these schools you're all fans of? Just something I've been discussing with the local FSU and UF fans lately....'cause half of them didn't even go to college. Always found it sort of funny.

Sedric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*thinks back to the Devils 4-game sweep over the Wings*

Damn, Brodeur was a youngin' then.

How many of you actually went to any of these schools you're all fans of? Just something I've been discussing with the local FSU and UF fans lately....'cause half of them didn't even go to college. Always found it sort of funny.
Yeah...I never played for the Lions or the Redwings either. It doesnt make their games any less fun to watch though.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Theo...Dont you find it odd that nobody claiming to live in michigan has said anything to defend Detroit? Man..Its almost as if people living in the cities surrounding Detroit dont care. :lick:

Since you used to live in Detroit, you should then understand that there is Detroit and then theres 15 minutes outside of Detroit which is a completely different world. Incidently, its these people, living outside of detroit, that make up the fan base for detroit teams.

Just thought I'd let you know that bashing Detroit and expecting to get a response is just as futile as rooting for the Lions(and I do every week).

Now....You have it all wrong about the redwings. While it sounds funny and clever to think the wings are good because of pizza money, its actually quite ignorant. The wings are good every year and have been profitable for quite some time because they have a great oranization from top to bottom. Spending money doesnt automaticly make you a good team. If you dont believe me take a look at the countless examples around you in sports today.

Also, theres a big difference between designing a good car and designing a good looking car. With that said your hyundai\GM comparison is ignorant on so many levels I'd rather just laugh at you then express how wrong you are. And I'm not even a fan of GM cars.
I know suburbs of Detroit are way better than Detroit proper. However, suburbs of chicago are 100 times better than suburbs of Detroit. Royal Oak? Please. Lincoln Park in Chicago blows Royal Oak away for a great place for a 20 something to live. (Lived in both)

Affluent suburbs? Yeah Bloomfield, Farmington Hills, Troy, Grosse Point, Northville etc aren't bad - but you can't compare to South Barrington, Lake Forest, Naperville etc. Nothing in the Detroit burbs can really compare.

And ok - Detroit is not much to brag about - but what is in Michigan? Flint? Saginaw? Grand Rapids which is neither Grand nor Rapid.

The upper part of Michigan is pretty and there are some good golf courses and Mackinac (pronounced Mack-in-aw) are nice areas - but they are hardly 'cities' or places to live and rather vacation destinations.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Except for that little fact that Michigan has won more National Titles(11) then Ohio State(7)
National Championships? LOL 5 of Michigans 11 championships were before 1920 and all of those were 'split' as they were nowhere near unanimous. In fact in 1901 Michigan, Harvard and Yale were all recognized as National Champions that year.

Compare that to OSU where all of theirs were after 1940 when it was a little more 'organized' in undestanding 'who' was actually the champion.

Since 1940 - OSU 7, Michigan 3

Its like arguing that Italy is the best army in the world because of all the wars the Romans won in 1100AD.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its like arguing that Italy is the best army in the world because of all the wars the Romans won in 1100AD.
Edit: Meh. Nevermind.

Yeah...I never played for the Lions or the Redwings either. It doesnt make their games any less fun to watch though.
Touche. I'm going to go paint my face now and go watch the local high school basketball game.

Sedric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And ok - Detroit is not much to brag about - but what is in Michigan? Flint? Saginaw? Grand Rapids which is neither Grand nor Rapid.
Yeah..I know nothing about Chicago or the subs of Chicago and thats why I dont care which place is better. Not quite sure why it always has to turn into a Chicago vs anywhere else pissing contest though.

For what its worth...Bringing up Flint or Grand Rapids doesnt make you sounds as if you know much about Michigan. But hey..You had to have an excuse to make that witty joke somehow eh?

100 times better eh? The lame list you posted earlier in this thread has more sub detroit cities in the top 100 then Chicago does. And there are alot more cities you could have had on your michigan list. I could name a dozen that are equal or better then the ones you named off the top of my head.

Either way...I dont really care. I'm sure there are some very nice places to live in the Chicago area but 100x better? Lets not get carried away. Even someone completely ignorant about the chicago area(ME) can call bull**** on that one.

E

ElRay

National Championships? LOL 5 of Michigans 11 championships were before 1920 and all of those were 'split' as they were nowhere near unanimous. In fact in 1901 Michigan, Harvard and Yale were all recognized as National Champions that year.

Compare that to OSU where all of theirs were after 1940 when it was a little more 'organized' in undestanding 'who' was actually the champion.

Since 1940 - OSU 7, Michigan 3

Dont be mad lil guy! I dont make the statistics, I just prove my points to the ignorant and less fortunate by stating facts!

And those facts are true, so what if it was before a certain date? Does that make them any less relevant? HELLO?? MCFLY??!!1oneuno

E

ElRay

Yeah..I know nothing about Chicago or the subs of Chicago and thats why I dont care which place is better. Not quite sure why it always has to turn into a Chicago vs anywhere else pissing contest though.

For what its worth...Bringing up Flint or Grand Rapids doesnt make you sounds as if you know much about Michigan. But hey..You had to have an excuse to make that witty joke somehow eh?

100 times better eh? The lame list you posted earlier in this thread has more sub detroit cities in the top 100 then Chicago does. And there are alot more cities you could have had on your michigan list. I could name a dozen that are equal or better then the ones you named off the top of my head.

Either way...I dont really care. I'm sure there are some very nice places to live in the Chicago area but 100x better? Lets not get carried away. Even someone completely ignorant about the chicago area(ME) can call bull**** on that one.

Yeh hes enjoyingly blowing smoke up your a$$...it almost sounds childish:

"MY cities in Ohio are hundreds, HUNDREDS!! oodles AND OOOODLES times better then ANY CITY YOU CAN THINK OF!! EVER!!" "HUNDREDS!!!!!"

*squeals with delight*

B

Black Betty

Dont be mad lil guy! I dont make the statistics, I just prove my points to the ignorant and less fortunate by stating facts!

And those facts are true, so what if it was before a certain date? Does that make them any less relevant? HELLO?? MCFLY??!!1oneuno
Because there was no organization and there was not ONE winner. It recognized several at the same time. It wasn't until later when they organized it so that it would give the correct standings that you could rely on the results. You could compare it to saying that Obama was president before the election. It doesn't count until it's official because there is no way to verify. :)

As for you "sqealing with delight", that has me a bit worried. Yikes!:drama:

I enjoyed living in Ohio and growing up there and I very much enjoy Wisconsin. If I had to choose where was better, I would say Ohio, but prolly because I was raised there because it isn't much different from Wisconsin. I didn't like the lifestyle of Texas and I was in the Houston and Austin areas. I believe there should be 4 VERY distinct seasons and you don't get that down south. lol

C

Craklord

Umm DET area sucks so does flint and saginaw but dude i live 30 mins south of flint theres 4 lakes around me and theres like tons of weAlthy people...Now for sports im a hockey man and baseball fan tigers will be ok in the next couple of years...Now the redwings best hockey team EVER we go out and get what the team needs no matter what the cost..{Hossa}.....SO GO REDWINGS :p PLZ you name a hockey team thats been more dominant pre season in the last 16 years o wait you cant lol.......4 stanley cups in 11 years not bad.........

Had to fix my post cause Theo was hurt from it so much he had to say something right theo?

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

It does make them less relevant beecause 'football' was completely different in the early 1900's and can't really even compare. It was a completely different 'sport'.

Again - the 'championships' that Michigan 'won' were not unanimous and there wasn't anything like the BCS back then. I seriously 'question' those championships.

I guess you are probably young enough to think that the world was always the way it is now.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Umm DET area sucks so does flint and saginaw but dude i live 30 mins south of flint theres 4 lakes around me and theres like tons of welthy people...Now for sports im a hockey man and baseball fan tigers will be ok in the next couple of years...Now the redwings best hockey team EVER we go out and get what the team needs no matter what the cost..{Hossa}.....SO GO REDWINGS :p PLZ you name a hockey team thats been more dominant pre season in the last 16 years o wait you cant lol.......4 stanley cups in 11 years not bad.........
Few things here. First do you realize that when you use poor punctuation and can't spell simple words that it makes you appear stupid? W-E-A-L-T-H-Y Capital letters, periods and less '...' would be better.

Also - Wings are a good team - I am a Wings fan from the years I lived in Detroit.

Z

zOoMaN - BC

Born and raised in the St. Louis, MO area all my life. Joined the Army at age 20 and have lived all over the world since that time. I could call alot of places home, but St. Louis is the place I come back to. I currently live in southern Germany.

tink'r_toiz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wonderful rainy, green OREGON ... born and raised here... current weather, partly sunny with a balmy 42 degrees....

C

Craklord

Few things here. First do you realize that when you use poor punctuation and can't spell simple words that it makes you appear stupid? W-E-A-L-T-H-Y Capital letters, periods and less '...' would be better.

Also - Wings are a good team - I am a Wings fan from the years I lived in Detroit.
OK..But i dont care what you think? so i guess ty? maybe? nope not feeling it sorry...

Also if your a redwings fan thats a +1 but dont be an ass wipe on the internetz cause it makes you look kool...k big guy?

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Heres a great moment in Red Wings history

Here is the video
I was living in Detroit at the time. They replayed this game like 2 or 3 times that week because of popular demand. This was the retaliation game after Lemeiux cheap-shoted Draper to the tune of a jaw wired shut. It was nice to see the big pansy turtle and then get hit butt kicked but he got off easy. I think he was faking because if he would have stayed on the ice he might have died. What a great game.

Also nothing like seeing Roy and his Gerard Depardu haircut get kicked around. *twitch* *twitch*

Xegugg

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Affluent suburbs? Yeah Bloomfield, Farmington Hills, Troy, Grosse Point, Northville etc aren't bad - but you can't compare to South Barrington, Lake Forest, Naperville etc. Nothing in the Detroit burbs can really compare.
Very weird, I have also live/lived in both areas.

Sedric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is the video
I was living in Detroit at the time. They replayed this game like 2 or 3 times that week because of popular demand. This was the retaliation game after Lemeiux cheap-shoted Draper to the tune of a jaw wired shut. It was nice to see the big pansy turtle and then get hit butt kicked but he got off easy. I think he was faking because if he would have stayed on the ice he might have died. What a great game.

Also nothing like seeing Roy and his Gerard Depardu haircut get kicked around. *twitch* *twitch*
That was, by far, the best game I have ever seen in any sport.