• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So, umm...percentage chance for a Blaze Cu..

balissis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I spawned one last week. Blaze Cu popped with the name Cu Sidhe. I ran over to tame it and it turned into a paragon. I didn't realize that actually happened. I was scratching my head about what just happened, now I know that that is some BS.

Good thing is I tamed a 85.86% intensity black Cu. My best ever.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I spawned one last week. Blaze Cu popped with the name Cu Sidhe. I ran over to tame it and it turned into a paragon. I didn't realize that actually happened. I was scratching my head about what just happened, now I know that that is some BS.

I've had this happen a few times now so guessing they aren't true blaze cu's spawning.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dude I have a sweet set up for beating them down, then taming them, and there's no way in UO hell you're killing 3 per minute. Not when you have to run around to find them, plus deal with the paragons...Post a video, I'll watch it..and 1 in 23000 is somewhere around 98 hrs of continuous killing taming and that's if you kill or tame them every 15 seconds , every tame attempt would have to be succesful on the 1st tame which is impossible, or your Karma would be so low that every pixie and Paragon would be attacking you.....
I can kill a Cu Sidhe within 5-6 seconds with my Sampire. Paragons take 30-50 seconds. My Disco/Tamer sits on standby while my Sampire slaughters Cus, to tame the rarest Cu colors, and discord the Paragons.

I've seen that happen once before too.
I prefer 70 Cold/85 Energy Resists, over intensity. The lowest Cold resist actually lowers their intensity.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
No you don't, LOL. They don't spawn that fast. My husband, a guildmate and I have gone in there weeks on end trying to spawn a blaze. Most of the time we are standing around waiting for any Cu to spawn. I doubt we are even spawning 100 an hour.
you can do same Cu *3 times more if you will stay on 3 different shards, lol

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

I've had this happen a few times now so guessing they aren't true blaze cu's spawning.

Yeah... this happens a LOT. It is just the lag in the system that causes a delay in the [Paragon] to display on the critter. It also happens on all the other critters out there as well. Folks just do not notice as much because they are not thinking, "DAMNNN a Blaze one!!!!" when they do it.

When there was a glitch in the game that was causing Forgotten Servants to pop Paragon at the Renowned Wyvern spawn every one of them would glitch that way.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After the pet costumes came out, I quit "jonesing" for a Blaze Cu. The pet costumes look much better than any of the rare hues in my opinion.