• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So....is there any ACTIVE "Good" guilds now?

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GIL, good? Pffft. Tell me the 'good' they've done.
Hmm, lets see. Shard events. Donating tons of stuff to NEW. Taking NEW members on hunts (which your guild raids and kills the NEWs). Fighting against evil guilds (even tho we have very few pvp'ers). Providing a place for people who are leaving NEW and need a guild to join (even when we know they will move on).

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They destroyed CWS or at least ruined it...oh wait...that isn't good. Sorry...la
Oh, please, PLEASE expand on this, oh fountain of all knowledge....la
Ask Pola...oh wait...la
Wow are you ever misinformed.
I am going to assume you meant Dola.
Let's see twins being born and Grott getting moved and deployed must have had absolutly no bearing on there UO time nor there priorities.
CWS is still around but much smaller and I haven't a clue why you think it was "ruined".
The loss of great leadership will always change a guild.
R.I.P Aeric Horn of MYTH
Wind to thy wings Py Lethius of KSS
Best wishes to you and yours Grott and Dola CWS.

G

Goron

Hmm, lets see. Shard events. Donating tons of stuff to NEW. Taking NEW members on hunts (which your guild raids and kills the NEWs). Fighting against evil guilds (even tho we have very few pvp'ers). Providing a place for people who are leaving NEW and need a guild to join (even when we know they will move on).
Thats all you need to be a 'good guild'? Well, lets see...

Shard events
Story night? fair enough, those were entertaining. But it seems TnT hosts events too: Fight Night.
Donating tons of stuff to NEW
Interesting. I happen to be friended to the new house. Heck, even Righty is... I wonder why? Do you think I keep all that crap lrc I get off of GIL farmers? I think you'd be surprised where a good amount of NEW's goods come from.....
Taking NEW members on hunts (which your guild raids and kills the NEWs)
Up until recently we did not kill NEWs at all. I still don't kill NEWs at all... And, the NEWs that go on hunts with you join you in the end, and since GIL is hostile to even MYTH blues, I consider GIL an enemy and I find it only logical to kill your young.
Fighting against evil guilds
So does TnT, we are in an endless struggle against jsv, to, and k0c.
Providing a place for people who are leaving NEW and need a guild to join
I joined our faction guild directly out of NEW.

wow, when you really look at it I don't see anything different about us...
The only thing you guys might have on us in the good vs evil realm is that you guys (supposedly) do not PK. Thats it. But, as uncle sham made it clear, thats ok, because we outweigh our PKing with all fo the good things we do...

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wasn't comparing TnT to us. You do good things, you also do bad things. You asked what good Gilfane does, and I answered. My point still holds true, we do good things. If your trying to argue a point, try pointing out the bad things we do.

As far as what is needed to be a good guild, it requires both that you do good things and that you do not do bad ones. Ya'll do some really good things, but you also do some bad things.

By the way, we didn't start killing blue MYTH until the blue MYTHs joined you on a raid on our spawn. We are your enemy because you made us so. When Gilfane was formed we wiped the slate clean. We had no enemies and attacked no one. Guilds got added to our attack list as they attacked us. TnT got there from raiding our spawns as did the other guilds in your alliance. And all of that was long before our alliance to JSV, so you can't even claim that is why you attacked us. You made us your enemies, not vise versa.

C

Calibretto

GIL, good? Pffft. Tell me the 'good' they've done.
Your barking up the wrong tree here Goron. GIL has done a great deal for the NEW guild. I've hunted more spawns with NEW than JSV. We've tried starting many events for the shard, yet no one shows any intrest. So don't drang GIL into your board pvp trash.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Don't let Rico get to you. Every village has one.

C

Calibretto

Thats all you need to be a 'good guild'? Well, lets see...

Story night? fair enough, those were entertaining. But it seems TnT hosts events too: Fight Night.
Interesting. I happen to be friended to the new house. Heck, even Righty is... I wonder why? Do you think I keep all that crap lrc I get off of GIL farmers? I think you'd be surprised where a good amount of NEW's goods come from.....
Up until recently we did not kill NEWs at all. I still don't kill NEWs at all... And, the NEWs that go on hunts with you join you in the end, and since GIL is hostile to even MYTH blues, I consider GIL an enemy and I find it only logical to kill your young.
So does TnT, we are in an endless struggle against jsv, to, and k0c.
I joined our faction guild directly out of NEW.

wow, when you really look at it I don't see anything different about us...
The only thing you guys might have on us in the good vs evil realm is that you guys (supposedly) do not PK. Thats it. But, as uncle sham made it clear, thats ok, because we outweigh our PKing with all fo the good things we do...

If you check our guild roster. It shows not one single person know for , looting houses, hacking,(even posted a picture of it). Don't even get me started on the things Elvis has done. So don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
How mellow are you Cal?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't let Rico get to you. Every village has one.
So now you are going to use your shield (to hide behind) to allow you to insinuate a personal attack? Wow. Is that how you define doing a "good" job as moderator of this forum?

Maybe you should give yourself a warning...but make sure not to talk about that since that would be against the RoC...la

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So now you are going to use your shield (to hide behind) to allow you to insinuate a personal attack? Wow. Is that how you define doing a "good" job as moderator of this forum?

Maybe you should give yourself a warning...but make sure not to talk about that since that would be against the RoC...la
Congrats on your latest achievement!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
No drama here sir. Except for what you create.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there are many honorable reasons to go red . defending your friends for instance . i suppose its more "good" to stand there and watch your buddys get looted ?

some of the coolest poeple i know are red .
I don't agree with you. You can help your friends just as much being blue.

I play with oldschool noto-pk mentality... and long gone are the days that there are any reasons you'd have to go red. Factions was the only, ever... and even then, spies are not a real problem on siege...

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and long gone are the days that there are any reasons you'd have to go red
Not so, Sir.

I gave an example a short while ago, which I have personally encountered on more than one occasion.

A red attacker, using ranged attacks, and a "wall" of blue guildmates/allies to keep blue defenders with no ranged attacks, from retaliating.

The defender has two choices - flee - assuming nothing is barring his path - or try to knock down the wall.

The second option will invariably give you murder counts. You are then left with the choice of staying off the battlefield until the counts against you are back down to nil, or risking becoming red.

I have not become red YET, discounting halloween shard pranks, but I have come exceedingly close to it on several occasions. One of these days, it is bound to happen.

Blind Otto
Knight Commander
Knights of The Silver Serpent

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not so, Sir.

I gave an example a short while ago, which I have personally encountered on more than one occasion.

A red attacker, using ranged attacks, and a "wall" of blue guildmates/allies to keep blue defenders with no ranged attacks, from retaliating.

The defender has two choices - flee - assuming nothing is barring his path - or try to knock down the wall.

The second option will invariably give you murder counts.
A red or grey attacker attacks a friend of mine (blue) and has a bunch of blue friends with him... they will go grey healing the red or attacking my friend and therefore open to justice for their crimes.

I'm a big fan of 1 on 1. If you are fighting someone who is a murderer... and picking on lets say a crafter, I will jump in and hunt em down.

There is no reason other than factions.

Your talking to one of the oldest noto-pks in this game.

I've been blue for 10 years of UO. I've never let a friend down and I've never been red long enough for it to matter.

In the rare instance where I really have to take a count to help a friend. I have 4 of them and that has always been plenty, plenty enough.