• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So how many out there have met their significant other in Ultima Online?

jeriicco

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I met my wife playing UO in Sept/Oct of 2012. We played day and night together for a couple months before we decided to meet in RL in January of the following year. After another couple months I decided to pack up and move in with her, some 800 miles away. It was a huge risk WELL WORTH IT. We bought a house(RL) together in August of 2015 and set up a nice CPU gaming station. We married in Oct of 2015 and are expecting our first child in April of this year. UO has been a blessing for me and it will always hold a special place in my life!

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I still laugh when I think about my sister and her hubby had a bet going to see who would be the first to crack... They were to call eachother only by their REAL names.... No hun, hunny, sweety or anything just real names to see who would be the first to crack...

It took only one full day before he messed up and called her Hunny... LOL You know you never realize how often you do it until you make such a bet. My Ex and I also called eachother by pet names but it was usually more like "Hey Dipsh** get your *** in here and help me!" OR "Idiot! Good for nothing Loser."..... hum...... perhaps that's part of why I'm still single now...

Nah.
reminds me of a joke my daughter told me...

a teacher gave her class honey flavored candy and asked them to guess the flavor. after no one successfully guessed, the teacher gave them a hint: "it might be the same as a name your parents call each other". one little girl spit out her candy in horror and screamed "oh my God! they're a$$holes"!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NEVER AGAIN would I date a woman from UO. or any game. Tried that twice and both times all they wanted to do was get naked, take over my computer and get a ring on my finger. Naked part is cool, the other two are total deal breakers. Since then I married a total non gamer and made no bones about I do my things when I want and if you don't like it, don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was just wondering how many of you out there have met your significant other of whom they are still together with through Ultima Online? Seeing as how our 15th anniversary is coming up I thought it'd be interesting to find out how many people out there have spent several years together with someone they've met through Ultima Online.
Insert masturbation joke here... I'll see myself out.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I corrupted my kids with UO for reliable back up. The wife would have just sat and chatted all day. Internet was an expensive hobby back when UO came out. A crappy computer was like 2 grand and then you needed a separate phone line for each computer to be online at the same time. Then one needed like 3 AOL accounts. If I was gonna spend like 6 or 7 grand plus monthly fees I was gonna make sure my back up knew how to roxxor ;)

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My SO and I met in UO and were good friends for several years. I flew to Seattle to hang out and meet my friend (and other players). One thing led to another and he moved down to California a month later. We became a couple and eventually got married ever since... and that will be 8 years this November. I'm happier now than I have ever been. He no longer plays UO as he doesn't like the direction it has gone.
Still happily married to this one! Be 12 years this November. :heart: :heart:

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I started chatting with my hubby to be in game sometime late 2002. July 2003 we met IRL for the first time when he flew out to see me. 2005 I moved 900+ miles so we could live together. 11 yrs later we are engaged and still wonderfully happy. :) Nothing like still yelling from 2 different rooms to each other about: "Babe, can you kill that Dragon attacking me?" or "Hun, there's a fight in Despise!".

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah but it's newsworthy (okay gossipworthy) to see what's changed or stayed the same. Grats to all the successful couples in here!!! I have some UO stories too but I can't seem to be able to produce the willpower to dredge them up and write about them.

Kirah Blackstaff

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Met my wife on UO almost 11 years ago. Still very happy and consider each other best friends. Happy with 5 kids and cats and a dog and a minivan. Loving life to the fullest! Still playing games together to! Just not as much do to all our kids! :D

Mina_Lino

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I met Lino/Miss Picka at brit west bank (europa) 14 years ago.

We're still together and we now have a 6 years old son named "Lino" ^_^

We had two cats...still want a true black nightmare irl..
We also have a minivan...Vw Transporter T6 :)

That one dude deserves legendary thread-necro reward for sure.