• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Snazzy New Ultima Auctions Update Thread

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Re: New Auction Website & Chance to win a prize!

The T&Cs has been updated this is now how it reads

• Auctions may be auto relisted a maximum of 50 times. Auction length must not exceed 14 days (two weeks)

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
We have reached 100 registered users!!
This time last week My goal was 60 so to get another 40 in that time is awesome thank you everyone for the support!

We also currently have 85 active auctions.. Go take a look and put down some bids :)

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats Rupert, great to see Ultima Auctions growing so fast. Good job!

C

CheesePlant

118 auctions and 104 registered users, as more people register to bid and place auctions it encourages more to join.. its a lovely snowballing effect.

As always your feedback is greatly appreciated (even finding any bugs!).

Making something so useful to use and allowing people to get bargains and sell to a bigger market is amazing.

Thanks to everyone.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just signed up :)

Good luck with the website. Great idea.

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hey folks Yesterday (10th December) we had out Highest ever visits!
Your continued support makes it all worth it!! :D

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Terms & Conditions update!

The following information was added to the Terms & Conditions of Ultima Auctions

• Gold may not be sold as an auctionable item unless permission is given from Ultima Auctions Admin.

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Keep checking Ultima Auctions

Why?

for several reasons!

1: It is continually growing with nearly 130 fully registered users.

2: It will be constantly updated and worked on, next to come will be easier access to forums and more profile options for communicating.

3:Random competitions including special give away auctions (category for that will be added soon)

4: You can find some real bargains and at the same time earn a lot of gold!

The feedback from everyone has been fantastic and I want to thank everyone who has helped!

If there is anything you want to suggest, tell me about or you have any problems let me know and We will do what we can to get it sorted ASAP!

Thank you

Rupert Avery, CheesePlant & Salivern Diago

Spiritless

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Re: Poll for an option on Ultima Auctions

Pointless poll.

If people just wanna sell something they'll set the auction start price to something like 4,999 with a 5k buy-out or something. If you want to make things buy-out only go for it, but if you don't implement it people will essentially just emulate exactly that anyway.

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Re: Poll for an option on Ultima Auctions

thank you for your input... you do make a valid point.. The poll is almost over so no point on ending it early :)

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Keep checking Ultima Auctions

How many trade & advertising threads/polls in UHall are you running concurrently?

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran

There is the one thread for website updates.
There is this one...
and there is the poll one which was to highlight the nearly ending poll.

There has been two others to tell people about winners of the two competitions.
Why do you ask?

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Look, I really appreciate you running the site, but stop spamming this place all the time. Just keep it in one thread and bump that every once in a while with your updates.

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran

I am not spamming, How ever for the interest of peace I will request that all threads relating to Ultima Auctions be merged :)

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Look, I really appreciate you running the site, but stop spamming this place all the time. Just keep it in one thread and bump that every once in a while with your updates.
Your "spamming" is my "new information"... I, for one, see no problem with more than a single thread on "related" information/questions/opinions - but I can understand your comment.

Having watched UO "digress" from the once vibrant and busy place that it was a decade ago - ANYTHING or anyone that is actively doing something to make UO more fun or more "public" is doing us ALL a great service.

Be grateful that Ultima Auctions is doing its part to make UO those things.

:D

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Your "spamming" is my "new information"... I, for one, see no problem with more than a single thread on "related" information/questions/opinions - but I can understand your comment.

Having watched UO "digress" from the once vibrant and busy place that it was a decade ago - ANYTHING or anyone that is actively doing something to make UO more fun or more "public" is doing us ALL a great service.

Be grateful that Ultima Auctions is doing its part to make UO those things.

:D
Thank you Startle.

I requested all threads that related to Ultima Auctions Updates with the exception of Info for winners of competitions.

Thank you Tazar for doing that for me :D

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
  • Enabled Auto extension - Auctions Auto extension gives you the ability to automatically extend by 300 seconds the auctions end time, if someone bids in the last 120 seconds of the auction lifetime.

AND

If you create and Auction and select 'Buy it now only' option you can select how many of that item you have... It is known as a Dutch auction.

For example

If you have say 10 Race Change Tokens you can set it as the price you want and people can buy them until you have no more... I have started such an Auction to show as an example Example Dutch Auction

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
That is right we have reached 150 users!!

So to celebrate I will Auction off 1.5mill on any shard (Siege gold 300k) to say thank you!

it will be a 2 day auction, bids of 1gp no proxy bidding please!

Winner can pick where to pick up their gold :D

you can find the auction here Special Prize Auction 1.5 mill!

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Quick note to everyone someone [cough] Swanson/soulweaver [/cough] proxy bidded on the special Auction so. When it Ends the person with the second highest will win the auction! Assuming no one else makes the mistake :D
Thank you everyone!

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Sorry I fixed the issue after having a light bulb moment!

so keep bidding as normmal and remember NO PROXY BIDDING PLEASE!

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Okay folks in the interest of fairness and the little error that cropped up I will restart the auction for 24 hours it will start with the the highest bid that was there before the mistake was made and I will let you all know when I have it sorted

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Okay after a few Hick ups and a small recess we finally have a winner!!

our Winning User is...

Trinx01 had a bid of 137gp and received her 1.5m today on Baja!​

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hey everyone,

With the upcoming IDOC day Ultima-Auctions.com is a great place to buy and sell all the items gathered from the great collapse.

Many of you will end up with lots of random items some old, some new and some worth quite a bit of gold! Ultima Auctions gives you the perfect place to sell your items to the highest bidder.

For this momentous occasion Ultima Auctions will be running a competition.

The competition has two winners, one for selling items and the other for buying items.

Sell items:
Sell the most amount of items and win 10% of the total sales you make. Only auctions that have been won and completed will be included.

Buy items:
Win the most amount of auctions and leave feedback and you will win 10% of what you’ve spent from Ultima Auction.

The competition start from auctions starting on Sunday 22 of January at 9.00am GMT and will end 6th February at 9.00am GMT .

To help you sell your items you can insert a link to any forum signature/IM message etc to your active auctions example: Rupert's Active Auctions this is a link to Rupert Avery's Active Auctions.

You can get this link by:

1) Look at one of your auctions
2) Click on your name
3) View the section titled "vew active auctions" then copy and paste that link.

Reply to this email if you need any help setting this up.

So what are you waiting for? Head over to Ultima Online Auctions and get buying and selling your wares to try win this competition!

Thank you,

Ultima Auction Team

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The Competition HAS started!
buying and selling now will start to Tally up! When the IDOCS start falling and the loot is gathered start getting onto Ultima Auctions!! the more you buy and sell the bigger your prize!

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Don't forget the competition for selling and buying all your IDOC Loot!

Tell all your friends about your active auctions or auctions you are bidding on!
you can gain 10% of your sales or purchases! just by completing transactions!

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Ultima Auctions has posted 500 tweets!
To celebrate the next 10 people to follow @UltimaAuction Will get 1 million gold on any Major shard of their choice!

Also stay tuned for some Ultima Auction Updates!

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran

When you go into your control panel while logged in there is now a section as it shows above to edit your Avatar.

It accepts PNG, JPEG and Gif.

Any offensive images will be removed.

it will show under 'Meet the Seller' section like below:

it also shows on your main profile for your user name :)

Hope everyone likes it!

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
here is an update on the updates
So to the updates!

Menu Update:The Menus on the main nav bar have been changed slightly the changes are:
  • Forums is now a direct link to the Ultima Auctions forum on UOforums.
  • Useful Links now takes you to the table with lots of useful links to UO related places.
  • Gold Exchange is now where you find the gold swapping rate, which I intend to tidy up and make it simpler in the very near future.
Avatar Picture: The ability of adding an avatar is fully functional you can add and avatar by going to your control panel and clicking on the "Avatar Upload" tab

Sell from this Category: This useful button previously only appeared in categories that had no auctions. It now appears in all categories so you can very easily sell an item in the category you are looking at. There is one minor thing to change with this mod but it does not affect its function. You will find the button right in the centre of any category you look at.

Most Viewed: I have added a section section on the right side of the main page that shows the Items that have been viewed the most right now it is set to the top 5 auctions. there is a minor style issue that will get worked out asap but the actual function is good.

Newest Members: I put in a request for this little mod and it got made.. But i was stupid and messed a part of the Data Base up. you may notice you cant see when you were registered (sorry about that) I will look into fixing it but for not instead you see when you were last logged in.
As it stand you can see the last 5 people to of registered with Ultima Auctions.
Once i get the registration dates thing sorted I will change it all to reflect that :)
At the moment you can see their Name only, I have enquired about linking it to the user's profiles.

well folks that is a few updates for you and I will keep you up to date with any of the changes that still need done :)

Thank you