• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Snazzy New Ultima Auctions Update Thread

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hey folks been working hard to get this up and running!

Check it out!

Ultima Auctions

also follow us on twitter

Ultima Auctions Twitter

Go have a look register and post some auctions!

Also a small challenge... If we reach 30 registered Users by Friday 6:45pm GMT then there will be a prize draw for 5 Lucky people will win some prizes!!

We also do other service like brokering!

Thanks

Rupert Avery

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Re: New Auction Website & Chance to win a prize!

More details on the competition if we reach 30 registered users by Friday 6:45pm GMT...

It will be a prize draw I will write out all the user names of the users registered with us and draw 5 people out of a hat (note to self find a hat) I will draw them in reverse order of 5th place to 1st place.

The prizes will be:

1st place - 3 Million GP on a shard of your choice ( 600k on siege)

2nd place - 2 million GP on a shard of your choice (400k on siege)

3rd place - 1 million GP on a shard if your choice (200k on siege)

4th place - 2 x Vollem in a crystal on a shard of your choice (both must be on same shard

5th place - 1 x Vollem in a crystal on a shard of your choice

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Registration

• You agree that all informtation at time of registration is true.
  • Your Nickname must not include anything that could mislead other users EG. the words broker, staff, Admin, Ultima Auction or anything else that may give the impression that you are a memeber of the Ultima Auctions Team.
  • You agree you are over the age of 13.

Please Re read the T&Cs :)

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Nice, already been there peeking...

Good luck, hope it works... we need a new site for all :banana:

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Thank you! A lot of sleepless nights went into it for CheesePlant he got carried away trying to make it work!

still some tweaking to do but they are getting sorted and with people viewing it it is helping to find them quicker :)

I just hope people enjoy it!

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

i got a
Invalid confirmation link when i tried to activate my account Bazer'​

iamSnippa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Question/Comment

remember with uo-auction there was a max bid you could put in, is this how your system works?
What I mean is, uo-auction basically worked in increments - or at least had the option to (it's been a long time, I don't really remember). So with that you could place your maximum bid, but it would not set that immediately to the current highest bid.. once the bid was successfully placed their system would do a check for other max bids by other people - and if such bids were placed by others the bid history would show each person bidding like 10k above eachother repeatedly until the person with the lower max bid had been out bid by 10k.

Is this how your system works too? There doesn't appear to be anything hinting at that near the "place bid" area.

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran

i got a
Invalid confirmation link when i tried to activate my account Bazer'​
I have sent you a PM although part of my question there is answered after re-reading your message here
I will update you asap about the issue :)

Question/Comment

remember with uo-auction there was a max bid you could put in, is this how your system works?
What I mean is, uo-auction basically worked in increments - or at least had the option to (it's been a long time, I don't really remember). So with that you could place your maximum bid, but it would not set that immediately to the current highest bid.. once the bid was successfully placed their system would do a check for other max bids by other people - and if such bids were placed by others the bid history would show each person bidding like 10k above eachother repeatedly until the person with the lower max bid had been out bid by 10k.

Is this how your system works too? There doesn't appear to be anything hinting at that near the "place bid" area.
Yes that is how it works :)

iamSnippa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

cool.
Have been talking about this for a while by the way - how I missed uo-auction.
I hope your site can live up to all of our needs. :)

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran

• Added sub-category 'Recipes' to Crafting Category
  • Added 'Treasure Hunting' with sub-categories 'Maps' & 'Loot'
  • Added 3 sub-categories to Gifts. 'Gifts', 'Gift Boxes' & 'Gift Tickets'.

Thank you

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Well Well Well...

The response to Ultima Auctions has been absolutely AWESOME!
Thank you all Very much!

An update for the competition...
Our goal was 30 registered users by Friday 6:45pm GMT

We now sit at at whopping 43!!

In light of this amazing news I have decided to make a second goal!

so there is about 21 hours and 20 mins until the Goal time ends!

if we get to 60 registered users by then the top 3 prizes will increase by 50%!!

so to make it clear Prizes as they stand for the prize draw are

1st place - 3 Million GP on a shard of your choice ( 600k on siege)

2nd place - 2 million GP on a shard of your choice (400k on siege)

3rd place - 1 million GP on a shard if your choice (200k on siege)

4th place - 2 x Vollem in a crystal on a shard of your choice (both must be on same shard)

---------------------------------------------​

And if we get to 60 users the prizes will be....

1st place - 4.5 Million GP on a shard of your choice ( 900k on siege)

2nd place - 3 million GP on a shard of your choice (600k on siege)

3rd place - 1.5 million GP on a shard if your choice (300k on siege)

4th place - 2 x Vollem in a crystal on a shard of your choice (both must be on same shard)

Tell all your friends to register to be in for a chance to win the draw!
and again a big thank you to you all who have registered so far!!

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Added to the UltimaXbar.

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Update!

11 hours 30 mins to go! and we have 54 users!! Will we reach 60 users....

I will start sorting out the draw at 6:45pm GMT and depending how long it takes me to write out the names will let you know the winners soon after that!

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Can I win a BRAND... NEW... CAR!? :thumbup:

Just wondering.

Hearts and kisses,
Evil Pixie Works.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

In Ultima?
Now... how would I drive the 'heck' away from the super cold winter in a car in Ultima? :dunce:

I want a BRAND NEW CAR!!

Lots of fuel!

And a way through the mountains to sunny California!

*chants and pounds fists on desk*

:banana: BRAND NEW CAR! :banana:

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Can I win a BRAND... NEW... CAR!? :thumbup:
In Ultima? :dunce:

And I registered. Not so much for the gold but for the potential of the site.
Thank you Reth I hope it fills its potential and more!

In Ultima?
Now... how would I drive the 'heck' away from the super cold winter in a car in Ultima? :dunce:

I want a BRAND NEW CAR!!

Lots of fuel!

And a way through the mountains to sunny California!

*chants and pounds fists on desk*

Surprisingly no you cannot win a car and lots of fuel :p

unless someone wants to donate it as a prize..... haha

I did how ever want to speak to you....

Do you run a shop or something?

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I've registered, but nowhere in the TOC do you state what you're doing with my registration information. Are you going to sell my e-mail to third parties and spam the hell out of me?... :p

Going to try this out for a while. I loved having the UO Auction website around. Hope this gets a following...

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran

going to double check the T&Cs I defo remember mentioning information the obvious answer is no I wont be selling any info... :) but thank you for mentioning it I will sort that right away!!!

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Update New T&Cs: Information Handeling

Information Handling

• Any information provided by you will not be sold or given to any third parties and used only for Ultima-Auctions this may include news letters if you agreed to recieve them and any important updates.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I did how ever want to speak to you....

Do you run a shop or something?
It depends on who you talk to…

I am the golden apple of chaos.

Powerful emissary from the Department of Mayhem at the Ministry of Magic.

I’m as hard to catch as smoke with your hands.

I am a spirit of Spring.

I live in the shadows of the Watchtowers of the West.

Owner of the Red & Purple Mini Mall and the Red & Purple Pixies of the Yew Wood, Tram, Atlantic… as it says in my signature. ;)

*I left out the dreadful things people say because the list is far too big. hehe
:pie: GOT YA!

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran

It depends on who you talk to…

I am the golden apple of chaos.

Powerful emissary from the Department of Mayhem at the Ministry of Magic.

I’m as hard to catch as smoke with your hands.

I am a spirit of Spring.

I live in the shadows of the Watchtowers of the West.

Owner of the Red & Purple Mini Mall and the Red & Purple Pixies of the Yew Wood, Tram, Atlantic… as it says in my signature. ;)

*I left out the dreadful things people say because the list is far too big. hehe
:pie: GOT YA!
is that a yes.... if so I will pm you later got a question for you :)

dupapa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

its looking good, interested to see how this turns out!!

i wish you all the best, its been ALONG time since we have had a decent aution service provided :)

thanks!! :)

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Update New T&Cs: Information Handeling

Information Handling

• Any information provided by you will not be sold or given to any third parties and used only for Ultima-Auctions this may include news letters if you agreed to recieve them and any important updates.
Thanks for the quick response and adding this to the TOC, Rupert...

Is Looted Items the category for PvM loot like weapons, armor and jewelry? I see there are subcategories under Crafting, but I don't see any subcategories under Looted Items. I would suggest adding four subcategories: "Weapons", "Armor", "Rings" and "Bracelets".

I'd also would like to suggest to split the subcategory "Jewels" in Crafting up into two subcategories "Rings" and "Bracelets".

Especially with the new Shame loot, I think this would be the way to go if people would like to offer their PvM loot up for sale in the future...

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Update New T&Cs: Information Handeling

And another question Rupert...

How does this website handle auction-sniping?

If I bid on the last 00:01 second the auction is up, does that automatically make me the winner of the auction, or will the timer refresh? I know UO Auction used to do this, as people were constantly sniped out of auctions with no time to respond. This lead to a lot of drama and was very frustrating to a lot of people...

They countered this by letting the auction counter jump back to 05:00 time left if a bid was entered in the last 5 minutes of an auction. Then it simply came down to "who wants the item the most" as people kept bidding against eachother on the item. Which is much more fair than allowing the one who managed to click last to win the item...

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Information Handling

Thanks for the quick response and adding this to the TOC, Rupert...

Is Looted Items the category for PvM loot like weapons, armor and jewelry? I see there are subcategories under Crafting, but I don't see any subcategories under Looted Items. I would suggest adding four subcategories: "Weapons", "Armor", "Rings" and "Bracelets".

I'd also would like to suggest to split the subcategory "Jewels" in Crafting up into two subcategories "Rings" and "Bracelets".

Especially with the new Shame loot, I think this would be the way to go if people would like to offer their PvM loot up for sale in the future...
Yes those Categories can be added no problem at all I will do it after i have sorted the name drawing :)

And another question Rupert...

How does this website handle auction-sniping?

If I bid on the last 00:01 second the auction is up, does that automatically make me the winner of the auction, or will the timer refresh? I know UO Auction used to do this, as people were constantly sniped out of auctions with no time to respond. This lead to a lot of drama and was very frustrating to a lot of people...

They countered this by letting the auction counter jump back to 05:00 time left if a bid was entered in the last 5 minutes of an auction. Then it simply came down to "who wants the item the most" as people kept bidding against eachother on the item. Which is much more fair than allowing the one who managed to click last to win the item...

I am not sure how it handles This situation tbh.. not had a chance to test it.. What I will say is no one should take chances if you really want something.. Personally I would try to be online as its ending and refresh or have a large Proxy bid.. I will how ever try to find out in more detail about this.. :)

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Just over 2 hours until the competition Deadline!!

To be in with a chance to win one of the 5 prizes you must of registered and confirmed your registration!!

so get registering!!

Don't worry though! this won't be the last competition! I am already cooking up new ones!

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

A question about the registration.

"Your name" - is that the name that will be visible to other, for example: tjalle?

"Username" - is this the name of my account there and will not be visible to others? Or is it the username that will be seen by others?

Thanks.

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran

A question about the registration.

"Your name" - is that the name that will be visible to other, for example: tjalle?

"Username" - is this the name of my account there and will not be visible to others? Or is it the username that will be seen by others?

Thanks.
"User name" is the one that is used to identify you with other users. it is the one that would show up if you bid on or win or sell something.

Name is not visible to everyone except staff

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran

20 mins until the end of the competition!! get registering!!

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran

OKAY goal time has it
and the number of confirmed registered users is.... 74!!!

Thank you everyone this means that the bonus prizes are active and the top three prizes will be increased as I said before! which mean the prizes now stand at!

1st place - 4.5 Million GP on a shard of your choice ( 900k on siege)

2nd place - 3 million GP on a shard of your choice (600k on siege)

3rd place - 1.5 million GP on a shard if your choice (300k on siege)

I will be drawing 5 people's names out at random in reverse order 5th place - 1st place

I will email all the winners and announce it on the forums

This doesn't mean you shouldn't register! There are plenty more competitions to come for Ultima Auctions. The next one Should start this time next week!
So register and stay tuned for that!

Thank you all again for registering. We know there are some things still to be looked at and added but thanks to all of you we can get it sorted quicker and make Ultima Auctions just what everyone wants! :)

Winners announced soon!

edit: Someone snuck in as I was typing this!

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Meh, I just made #74.

Oh well. Next time Gadget. Next time... :p

Hope this site will do good.

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran

• Looted Items Category: Added Sub-Categories Armour, Weapons, Bracelets & Rings
  • Crafting Category: deleted Jewellery Sub-Category and added Bracelets & Rings Sub-Categories

UOMarissa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I registered, but no activation email :( I have check my spam folder and now not sure what to do

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran

they can take a wee bit to come through... give it a little while.. if there is still nothing let me know :)

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Oooooooooooohhhhhhhh FINALLY a new auction site for UO! Living without the old UO auction has been hard hehe.

And it looks really really good too! (believe me, I'm very picky about visuals) Really like the visual style of it. Here's wishing all the best to make this very successful!

One thing you should probably know however, is how the confirmation email is behaving in gmail. The button does not show up, only when I went to respond to the email, that it came up as shown in the screenshot and then I was able to follow the link.

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ok tried to make an auction but having the following issue. (see the warning at the top of the screenie?) I don't understand what I'm doing wrong because my "buy now" price (10 mill) is not less than the minimum bid (4 mill) and I don't have a reserve price. What am I doing wrong, or have I just gone blind? *wracking her brain*

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

maybe try taking out the commas?

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

maybe try taking out the commas?
Oh I didn't put those there actually. I originally wrote in this format: 4000000 and 10000000. It was only after I tried submitting the auction that it "refreshed" itself with those commas and with the error message.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

:( that's the only suggestion I can come up with. I don't sell on that sort of scale myself. Rupert doesn't appear to be online right now to help.

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

:( that's the only suggestion I can come up with. I don't sell on that sort of scale myself. Rupert doesn't appear to be online right now to help.
Oooohh! I decided to remove the commas, just to make sure that no stone was left unturned and it resolved the issue! Mystifying since the auction was identical otherwise - which makes me wonder why it would have given the error in the first place. Weird. Well in any case good for folks to know if they run into the same problem, and Rupert will probably want to do some testing to see why this happens. Thanks Petra!

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Hey Thanks for letting me know the problems you had :)

I will see what i can do and get some testing done on the auctions things :)

C

CheesePlant

Website Changes/Fixes: 3rd December 2011

• Added ICQ to profiles - If your already registered add it inside your account
  • Site forum has now been changed to Site Feedback.
  • Fixed an issue when the menu would break when viewing on an Android tablet.

C

CheesePlant

Website Changes/Fixes: 4th December 2011

• Fixed various styling issues on Buying and Selling pages within "My Control Panel".

Please let me know if you see any other styling issues or something doesn't look or feel right.

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Don't Forget!

To add your ICQ number to your Ultima auctions Profile!
Will give Buyers & Sellers 3 ways to contact you

Ultima Auctions PMs
Email
&
Soon to be added will be AIM, Skype and MSN

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Category Updates

• Gifts: Added Sub-categories Anniversary Gift, Promotional Gifts & Seasonal Gifts.
  • Crafting: Added Sub-category Gardening.

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Just joined!

Nice place u got there :D
thank you :)

We are at 97 registered users and got 48 active auctions with about 10-15 closed so that's 60 auctions in a week.. lets get this site populated with buying and selling people!!