• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) Skyrim!!!

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know if anyone else is excited but I'm getting serious nerd chills waiting for this game. Just... two... more... days!!!

Must breathe.

Anyone else plan on playing one day?

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know if anyone else is excited but I'm getting serious nerd chills waiting for this game. Just... two... more... days!!!

Must breathe.

Anyone else plan on playing one day?

I played all the other ones and I am planning to play this one!

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dry docked my boats today. I don't want them to decay while I play Skyrim. I'm sure I would forget to refresh them.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
SKYYYYYYYYYYRRIIIIIIIIM!!!!!!!!

*collects pennies from around the house to finish my pre-pay*

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Pennies? There are pennies scattered about the house? *looks*

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nerd chills ?
That some sort of nerdy disease ? :lol:

What is this Skyrim, ye speak of ?

Meh I bet it don't top
my getting my 2 Shelties to SING,
or to catch frisbees, in the back yard !!
:mf_prop:

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
mwhahaha!

QZ, normally I would agree. There are very few games I get excited about anymore, and usually they are MMOs. But lately I don't really enjoy MMO's unless I have friends playing too. This game I have been waiting for ever since I played Oblivion years ago. Bethesda HAD to make Fallout 3 and New Vegas first, which I did enjoy. But Oblivion.....rocked. Open world game....so much to do and without ever touching the storyline....so many paths you can take your character....who remembers Shimmering Isles???(omg!)????.....and now the character customization is revamped, maps are revamped...animations....omg!!!! And I have to work Friday!!!

The Animation of Skyrim - YouTube

P

puzzleagent

I think I'll give Skyrim a try, I hope its not another dumbed down RPG:)

[I didnt like Oblivion much :O]

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

If you payed for Skyrim in just pennies, you would need over 33 lbs of pennies (simple assumptions of $60 game and mass of 1982+ penny).

Stayin Alive,

BG
definately the fun fact of the day!

fortunately I only owe 25 on it at this point

Czarina

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Midnight release party at walmart in bentonville and my paycheck goes onto my card at 11pm tonight! And i get off work at 11pm tonight and its a hour drive home!!! The gods are smiling on me telling me to go buy skyrim!!!

MatlocK

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Midnight release party at walmart in bentonville and my paycheck goes onto my card at 11pm tonight! And i get off work at 11pm tonight and its a hour drive home!!! The gods are smiling on me telling me to go buy skyrim!!!
Woot! How bout them hawgs?!?! In Conway myself!

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I liked daggerfall and morrowind but TBH I thought Oblivion was terrible....the best part of the entire game was the first 10 minutes following captain Picard through the sewers. (someone needs to make a mod where he gets beamed out of danger at the last second...)

Unsure about this new one, haven't really played a western RPG i've REALLY liked since the baldur's gate/icewind dale series, with an exception of online campaigns released for neverwinter nights. They all devolve into the same boring level grind with an extremely weak generic fantasy story tacked on. I've been meaning to try "The Witcher" series though, I've heard that if you enjoy the old black isle/bioware games that you'll love it....same engine as NWN too.

Czarina

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So i go to wal mart to get skyrim. Im there at 10:30pm. At this point there is over 100 people in line and 99 of them are guys drooling and staring at me, with a few brave ones actually trying to strike up a conversation. after a hour of this the guy comes out and says "we cannot find our skyrim games, they must of got lost in transit...."

I hate you walmart!

A

anna anomalous

cant wait to pick this up and completely ignore my family all winter break!

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So i go to wal mart to get skyrim. Im there at 10:30pm. At this point there is over 100 people in line and 99 of them are guys drooling and staring at me, with a few brave ones actually trying to strike up a conversation. after a hour of this the guy comes out and says "we cannot find our skyrim games, they must of got lost in transit...."

I hate you walmart!
*laughs*

Having worked at Walmart here in Southaven, Ms. I would venture to guess...

someone over there is using the same line of bs, that we all used
when WE bought all the stuff out, soon as we unpacked it all off the semis'
as employees yet customers, with our employee discounts,
soon as it whatever it is or was, [that was cool], first hit the stock rooms as we unpacked it all, to 'in theory' put it all out, on the store shelves ! LOL

*edits* course espeically with some electronics, the first shipments may only be 6-12 ie a dozen boxed sets of say movies, cds or new games per stores.
Next shipments will come in,
probably be more of said item new, in grand totals,
but yeh ya never know when those next ones will come in,
nor how many, per store.

Just venturing a guess, the new boxed sets, of Harry Potter final sequel/s that come to Walmarts & other stores too, will be bought out first, by those whom work there, for themselves or Christmas gifts, for folks they know.

Normally we got 10% off year round on whatevers, we bought at Walmart ourselves, and depending on store managers, and usually from Thanksgiving to Christmas we were often given a 20% discount. *guess they wanted us to BUY too* esp in the fall & pre Christmas times, even though we were there to SELL.

'Musta got lost in transit folks, um soo sorry' ...
as we tucked whatevers of say first shipment, into our lockers,
after the security guys checked our packages
to make sure that [we DID pay for em],
to take home, ourselves, after WE bought it all out !

Lost in transit...um sure ! lol:mf_prop:

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Ok, I am anxious, but not anxious enough to fight the crowds. I will go pick it up here shortly and get download going while I am at work.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Installation is runnning now. Had to spend a good amount of time to get it to install from dvd and not to download 5+GB via steam.

Czarina

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im going to go buy it on my way to work today so i can drool over it all day long while at work!! Stupid work your ruining my gameplay *pages a gm*

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been playing the Xbox version today. Love the atmosphere and the music is amazing.

One criticism is the textures on the Xbox. A few issues that shouldn't be there. Nothing game breaking tho.

Wish I had the PC to run it hehe

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im sorta bummed about it actually. Ill have to play it on my ps3 instead of a computer since I don't think my compo can handle it well, and I cant afford an upgrade.

Which means I'll have to deal with whatever the vanilla game is. I really did not like unmodded oblivion very much at all (adored it with Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul mod) so I just hope they improved the base game with skyrim.

It looks neato, but ill probably wait a while to play it.

Falon of Eldor

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is Skyrim a single or multi player game, or both? From what I read on the net, I thought it was a multi, but my nephew, who got it last night for his xbox said no...So to confirm...single or multi?

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is Skyrim a single or multi player game, or both? From what I read on the net, I thought it was a multi, but my nephew, who got it last night for his xbox said no...So to confirm...single or multi?
All Elder Scrolls have been single player as far as I'm aware.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
single player

looks like PC version HAS to go thru Steam

now download faster!!

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Imperial or Stormcloak? And what race are you playing?

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm Nord. Not sure why but just thought I might need a coat as its chilly out there (increased cold resist)...

I followed the Imperial guy at the beginning. You?

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
khajiit and i went the other way

that means that you and I already are on a different path, even if we're both still on the storyline

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hubby is having nerd-gasms over it. He came home early from work so he could download the PC version! I have to admit that the graphics are beautiful. He is really enjoying it.

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
khajiit and i went the other way

that means that you and I already are on a different path, even if we're both still on the storyline
hehe, i didn't really think much of it at the time.

I've battled one random dragon so far, he came out of nowhere late at night while i was walking down a narrow path.

Also got my first house, which is a realllllllllly needed as I tend to loot anything decent lol

And Dragon Bones get soooo heavy.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ooo are there dragon skulls? I had a house full of like 1000 human skulls in oblivion heh.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I used to play kick ball in my house with watermelons in Oblivion.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my son has on xbox 360 and a guy at 14 level.
looking at the menu if i create a "new" will it erase his char?
it doesnt show me saved slots so i dont want to accidently erase

lorddog

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
On my PC version, there are multiple saves showing so I can go back to a previous save of my own game. I am thinking perhaps it is possible if you don't mix up each other's saves. I cannot tell you definately if a New Game will erase all previous saves.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
sorry i have a pc version

After 24 hours in game i am still level 1 - sometime i need to level!

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
seems backwards trying to level up in an elder scrolls game after having played oblivion, lol, i might have to try skyrim. I remember in oblivion trying desperately to NOT level up, purposefully taking primary skills i'll never use because on a rogue if you leveled up the monsters leveled up in relation to you much faster...basicly making the game impossible (My first playthrough once I hit level 6 or so i was getting oneshotted by a mud crab)

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I was thinking to focus on maybe three perks only, but wasn't making the cap requirement before being able to add a point. So I am saving that perk, not feeling forced to use it on something else.

Dog....was only level three so I made a new character to see if I can access both games and I can. If you mouse over each save you can see a small screen cap and description to see which game it is. My only question now is how many save files will it keep before dumping the early ones. If that happens, you could play past one game causing the other game to get dumped. But at least on the PC version, you can play two games at the same time.

Incidently....flames rock. I may have to stick with this one for a bit. High elf so I regen magicka faster, and I snagged the dead mage's robes in the locked cage for faster regen. I am switching between flames on both hands to healing on the left.

John Connelly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hubby is having nerd-gasms over it. He came home early from work so he could download the PC version! I have to admit that the graphics are beautiful. He is really enjoying it.
I couldn't find a link to where it could be downloaded (bad Google skills maybe). Can you please post the download link.
Thanks.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
seems backwards trying to level up in an elder scrolls game after having played oblivion, lol, i might have to try skyrim. I remember in oblivion trying desperately to NOT level up, purposefully taking primary skills i'll never use because on a rogue if you leveled up the monsters leveled up in relation to you much faster...basicly making the game impossible (My first playthrough once I hit level 6 or so i was getting oneshotted by a mud crab)
I hated this aspect of oblivion, and it was a big reason why I only played with total game systems overhaul mods.

The whole levels with you concept was directly opposed to all of the previous elder scrolls, and seemed very wrong. I remember in morrowind there was like... one set of heavy daedric armor in the whole world, and finding it was a challenge, yet in oblivion brigands were wearing it en masse when you were leveled high enough.

I also missed the whole stumbling onto a cave or dungeon that was WAY beyond your level, but if you were able to sneak through you could get some cool stuff.

I hope skyrim has altered the monster leveling and loot table systems.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
caves do not seem to be at your current level. And random giants one hit kill ya

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Oblivion system didn't bother me, wasn't long before I was pwning everything. Had no problems with it. Weird :/

I've had no problems with Skyrim either, but then I'm not particularly fussy lol. Do die occasionally, NPCs can do special finishing moves, but its all good.

Currently level 20 at the moment. Working my Smithing up as well lol, about 76 in that. Good old Ultima Online grinding works with that lol.

Really enjoying this game. And exploring is a joy. I'd recommend anyone who is unsure to just rent it before buying. It does keep some mannerisms from Oblivion.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
yeah usually folks who did not like Oblivion were ones that thought it was too slow. But I love getting on tangents. Catchin salmon is a hoot.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i was told to have a 2nd char the best way is to make a 2nd account (which is free)
the issue with 2nd char is the autosave - you would need to make sure you do a hard save when finished or consistantly. so the best workaround is the 2nd account.

lorddog