• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege Development Wish List:

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you say that but yet your part of the problem you belong to one of the largest guild in seige

we need groups like the ones you mentioned smaller groups and more of them TIB ive did my part now its your turn
I am a member ofa guild that maybe fields 5-6 rarely the last time i was logging in. You missed my point. The numbers TNT, 420, and GiL field would qualify them as small guilds back in the day. Sure we could all bust up into 2-3 man guilds but that would not really change much. The shard needs more people. I do not even have the desire to play atm; if we were operating under pub 16 rules and had a larger population I would be more interested. That is my opinion as a siege vet who returned last year and was around to see the bign of the decline when AOS hit this shard.

This shard needs alot of small sqauds like yours plus 8-10 large guilds imo. I have some contacts with my old crews but noway nohow do I feel I could sell any of the old guilds on coming back to siege as it is now.

"the pvp is kinda thin but there sure are alot of kewl new things the munsta bashers and crafters can do nowadays"; They would laugh in my face. Give me a pub 16 revert and I'd be on the phone to a couple of people, posting on some old websites, and stirring the pot for people to come play this shard. I would be on other shards boards telling them " come play classic UO as it was ment to be played, invest 3 months to builda pvp capable char and be on an even playing field with minimal monsterbashing."

I honestly feel sorry for those of you who never got to play siege minus all the AOS crap; you all missed the boat.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am a member ofa guild that maybe fields 5-6 rarely the last time i was logging in. You missed my point. The numbers TNT, 420, and GiL field would qualify them as small guilds back in the day. Sure we could all bust up into 2-3 man guilds but that would not really change much. The shard needs more people. I do not even have the desire to play atm; if we were operating under pub 16 rules and had a larger population I would be more interested. That is my opinion as a siege vet who returned last year and was around to see the bign of the decline when AOS hit this shard.

This shard needs alot of small sqauds like yours plus 8-10 large guilds imo. I have some contacts with my old crews but noway nohow do I feel I could sell any of the old guilds on coming back to siege as it is now.

"the pvp is kinda thin but there sure are alot of kewl new things the munsta bashers and crafters can do nowadays"; They would laugh in my face. Give me a pub 16 revert and I'd be on the phone to a couple of people, posting on some old websites, and stirring the pot for people to come play this shard. I would be on other shards boards telling them " come play classic UO as it was ment to be played, invest 3 months to builda pvp capable char and be on an even playing field with minimal monsterbashing."

I honestly feel sorry for those of you who never got to play siege minus all the AOS crap; you all missed the boat.
Pvp would probably be better if you could talk your guild into running pvpers and not Tamers....

We will not be fighting when all you guys do anymore is hug tamers...
Neo and a cu sidhe have been out a lot lately...

Here is just a few in your guild who pvp as a tamer only

Neo - Dismount Tamer
a cu sidhe - Tamer
Hattori - Tamer
Tom Waits - Tamer

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking in from the outside. This shard is depressing. What the shard lacks is the "playing for fun not work factor."

:bored:

Events over the past couple months bother me. It's always been about win at all costs. Nagging at me is how experience says your going to emerge beat to hell doing that. So where does one draw the line?

Look around. UO needs people. Lots of them. PvM, Crafting, PvP, RP, Good, Evil, Powergamer, Casual, all the player types need to be able to play for fun. People need to wake up and realize that you, I, we need to make sure the game is fun for all play types and you will see the population go up.

To the point.

Darkfall released an expansion (player housing) and a north america server.

I just accepted/started a new position at work.

Life is fun as always. :)

Talking to Truth: I'm still going to be around, but just casually as usually. I'm good enough and rich enough that I can do this casually and not lose my life style in the game. Any one who is coming to this shard, especially someone new? is neither of those things, so how could they be what I am?

Everyone should be careful. Take advantages of the opportunities you get.

We all love this game. It's why we're here.

BR

H

HaHa

One comparison I think is fitting here...

Youve got your favorite horse of 10 years, it falls and breaks 3 legs. There are no vets around and you are miles from civilization. You love the horse and you dont want to put it down, but you know its for the best because theres nothing you can do to save it. No one is around to help you save it (developers) no matter how much you cry out no one can hear you (devs.) So you do the best thing for the dieing horse, you finish it off and find you another horse that you hope can fill the void left by your first and favorite horse that you just had to put down.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Youve got your favorite horse of 10 years, it falls and breaks 3 legs. There are no vets around and you are miles from civilization. You love the horse and you dont want to put it down, but you know its for the best because theres nothing you can do to save it. No one is around to help you save it (developers) no matter how much you cry out no one can hear you (devs.) So you do the best thing for the dieing horse, you finish it off and find you another horse that you hope can fill the void left by your first and favorite horse that you just had to put down.
Women tell me im like a horse in a few ways...

H

HaHa

Look up Mr. Hands .... not saying anything more, just look up the name.

O

Ole Cheapy

Really can we get off the faction gear, it really isnt as over powered as say super dragons. Even I, geared to the teeth in faction gear can die to a dragon in 1 second, how fair is that. Let us not forget gear doesnt make the player. And for all those that think obtainin faction arties is easy please go farm silver. Sure at max you can farm about 11k silver per hour, an orni costs 25k silver. Silver was sellin for 30 gold per 1 silver. Do the math if you think that is cheap let me know. Most of the time when a faction character dies, it costs them a mill to get thier gear back. When you die what does it cost you? 10-50k tops. Risk vs Reward.
So in other words you're saying rich people deserve to have blessed gear on siege?

H

Hugibear

where did i say anything about items being blessed. I just reread what i wrote and I certainly didnt say i wanted stuff blessed. I seem to remember the picks you posted most recently, I knew they were old becuase there you were sporting your blessed sami helm and ember legs. As I recall you certainly didnt have a problem wearing those.

All I am sayin is that everyone has access to the same gear, dont cry to me you are too cheap or afraid to wear it. And the gear isnt as overpowered as some people tend to believe. Just because the better pvpers run the gear, doesnt mean it is the gear that makes them that good.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it's not the gear that makes them good, then you shouldn't miss it if it's gone.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it's not the gear that makes them good, then you shouldn't miss it if it's gone.
Gear enhances a characters capabilities. The player playing the character is what determines how good that character is.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well thank you for depressing my morning sir HaHa. :(

But you're right on though. Siege kinda reminding me of our beloved choc. lab that got bone cancer. We tried everything we could to help her out short of cutting off her legs. .which only would have given her a miserable brief 6 months possibly longer to live. In the end SHE quit taking her morphine pills, telling us to be kind and let her go meet her maker. :(

Sometimes this shard seems like that too, we like it or love it, we can not fix it, try as we may, and we keep trying and keep hoping, till I guess one day we face some reality, that there is no replacement for it, ever, so we either hang in there hoping some wonder drug miracle to cure or repair it, or we come to realise it is maybe finally that time to .......let it go. :( There is no real replacement for it, ever.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gear enhances a characters capabilities. The player playing the character is what determines how good that character is.
I am always equipped with TINKER TOOLS ! hehe That *gear* serves me well on Siege ! :)

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everything HaHa and Queen Zen have stated are pretty accurate. Ever wonder what happened to Hoffs?

It really seems like anything we have to say goes in one ear and out the other. The only change we were able to get implemented by the DEVS in the past year was to get rid of the 3x vendor fees.

We all voted on several polls to get the RoT times adjusted a bit after the publish changes and those results were sent to the developers where they have collected dust ever since.

Leaders of the shard in particular Hoffs and Kat and others have grown tired of pulling the Siege train and just don't care anymore. Probably because they feel like this: :wall:

I really don't know what to do at this point in order to turn anything around. It's really going to take a Dev who gives any sort of **** about Siege to make any difference, and frankly I don't think any of them care. I don't think any of them even play on Siege.

I seriously think there should be a Siege/Mugen Test Center available where new publishes can be tested.

This is so future "unintended consequences" for Siege can be found and eliminated before they screw up the shard even more. Likely won't happen, but there it is.

I think in a few days I'll compile a list of the ideas in this and forward them on to the deaf ones at EA. We've done our part to fix things, someone up there has to do their part now.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ever wonder what happened to Hoffs?

Leaders of the shard in particular Hoffs and Kat and others have grown tired of pulling the Siege train and just don't care anymore. Probably because they feel like this: :wall:
I have one question...one being how long did hoffs and kat try to help this shard because i remember when PBD issues was going on i never seen either of there names trying to get pbd's on this server fixed,soooo they must have not tried to help the shard long enough because frankly i dont remember hearing either of there names until wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy later on sp...i would also like to state that there's people with wayyyyyyyyy more years then them trying to get the shard the way it is suppose to be...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*chuckles* We are forever noobs...

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have one question...one being how long did hoffs and kat try to help this shard because i remember when PBD issues was going on i never seen either of there names trying to get pbd's on this server fixed,soooo they must have not tried to help the shard long enough because frankly i dont remember hearing either of there names until wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy later on sp...i would also like to state that there's people with wayyyyyyyyy more years then them trying to get the shard the way it is suppose to be...
Yes we see you doing everything you can for the shard everyday. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*chuckles* We are forever noobs...
No, i just find it funny thats he brought up two people who been on sp since wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy after aos then wants to bring them up like they been here since the beginning and left after 10 years...when in reality they fought for the shard a few years at most then gave up when people been here wayyyyyyyyyy longer than them and are still fighting for sp...get my drift?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
No, i just find it funny thats he brought up two people who been on sp since wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy after aos then wants to bring them up like they been here since the beginning and left after 10 years...when in reality they fought for the shard a few years at most then gave up when people been here wayyyyyyyyyy longer than them and are still fighting for sp...get my drift?
I understand. I just disagree.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

we run 2-3 man for numbers when we fight the other guilds you mentioned we never ill repeat that WE NEVER get a 2v2 we are always outnumbered and yet we still play on the field against all you

and i tell ya what if they ever did revert back to pre-AOS i think i would quit.(you know there are freeeshards that play just like this) The game keeps changing and thats what keeps me interested, if it were the same as back then damn how boring would that be the game needs to keeps changing

the problem is the population we need to figure out how to get more players to this shard. ive played other shards from time to time and the biggest thing people tell me why they dont wanna play this shard is because they dont wanna take the months needed to get a character up when ive brought this in the past siege players object to the ideas of getting rid of the daily skill cap *not ROT just the daily cap* (and the cry is becasue we had to raise skill like that so should the new players) DUMB response

WE NEED PLAYERS

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we run 2-3 man for numbers when we fight the other guilds you mentioned we never ill repeat that WE NEVER get a 2v2 we are always outnumbered and yet we still play on the field against all you

and i tell ya what if they ever did revert back to pre-AOS i think i would quit.(you know there are freeeshards that play just like this) The game keeps changing and thats what keeps me interested, if it were the same as back then damn how boring would that be the game needs to keeps changing

the problem is the population we need to figure out how to get more players to this shard. ive played other shards from time to time and the biggest thing people tell me why they dont wanna play this shard is because they dont wanna take the months needed to get a character up when ive brought this in the past siege players object to the ideas of getting rid of the daily skill cap *not ROT just the daily cap* (and the cry is becasue we had to raise skill like that so should the new players) DUMB response

WE NEED PLAYERS
I would have no problem fighting you guys 2 v 2 as long as your "Rune Bettle" was left in the stables... Don't cry about not getting an even fight when you play a tamer to gimp corruption and precast flame strikes...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Let's stay on target here.

H

Hugibear

I had no problem killing you people before the items were ever on this shard. So why does it matter if they are here now? Listen I would love to see the items dissappear becuase they day they do my orni and inquis will be worth something again. That right there would be 30+ mill for me.

There are bigger problems on this shard, TAMERS, why cant we just delete all the super dragons, hell pet bonding for that matter. I died to a tamer/gank this week. Lost all my faction gear, never got the sell back no biggie I am just using faction arties. What alot of you dont realize if you take away faction arties it will just go back to being Tamer wars again.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not in disagreement with you over the tamer issues. Greater Dragons are incredibly overpowered. I'd be all for some sort of reduced damage in PvP or something. . .

H

Hugibear

why not just delete them that seems to be your answer for the arties or make so everyone can run with a weapon that can hit you and kill you in one shot.

You have just as much access to the faction arties as myself. You complain about something that you can use but are too scared of dieing to use. again how is this not risk vs reward?

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
-Pet Specials should not work against players... Bleed, Armor Ignore, Corruption, Rage, Dismount, Fire breath should be capped at 35.

-Remove pet bonding

-Remove Faction items

-Remove Cursed Arties

-Make runics easier to get.

-Bring in a slots system for all runics where you can sit @ a slot machine and pay money to play and have a chance at winning Runics, Once 10 mill has been spent on a machine players can have a chance at winning 1-10 mill jackpots

-Remove HLD

-Remove DCI

-Remove HCI

-Put magery and necro casting cap at 2/4

-All Trapped boxes do 50-100 points of damage. Bring back a reason for running resist...

-Evil Omen make this spell not work with para so you can no longer evil omen para a target and have them frozen for some ridiculous amount of time.

-Make Animal form count as a follower spot if it can move at mount speed.

-Remove the timer on detect hidden

-Revert Stealth back to the way it used to be. So players actually have to be careful and count there steps

-Make thiefs more profitable to play. Give them guys something...

-Add a timer to smoke bombs after attacking someone so that you cant just dismount someone then instantly smoke bomb...

-Bring back the option to toggle specials while casting spells. Wrestling is almost useless since if you are healing and trying to stay alive you cant disarm your enemy because it comes untoggled from healing...

S

shipwrek

You have just as much access to the faction arties as myself. You complain about something that you can use but are too scared of dieing to use. again how is this not risk vs reward?
I don't know about other folks but it's the inconvenience of factions I don't like. Even with this server war guild, the beneficial acts, area spell affects, healing, and guild chat are a major PITA. It kind of sucks when you're doing guild hunts or just want to chat while farming. If an entire guild went factions, it might be fun, like you guys have done.

Sure, I can join factions for the uber armor that only I can use but it's more of a matter of benefit over isolation, than risk vs reward.

Is anyone even playing in factions right now except for SP?

O

Ole Cheapy

When you wake up in the moring and go outside the world is the same without change, but you can change the world by the people in it and the activities you're envolved in, that's what keeps you from dieing from bordem. The same thing goes with UO, you dont have to make horses talk to keep from getting bored, just ride an different horse every now and then.

O

Ole Cheapy

Because people farm more gold than they would ever be able to spend, so when you lose your faction arties the only thing you're losing in reality is gold cuz all you have to do is buy it back. Ya get it now? Rich people do not deserve item insurance on siege...what cant you understand about that??

Mr.StinkyPants

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know about other folks but it's the inconvenience of factions I don't like. Even with this server war guild, the beneficial acts, area spell affects, healing, and guild chat are a major PITA. It kind of sucks when you're doing guild hunts or just want to chat while farming. If an entire guild went factions, it might be fun, like you guys have done.

Sure, I can join factions for the uber armor that only I can use but it's more of a matter of benefit over isolation, than risk vs reward.

Is anyone even playing in factions right now except for SP?
our guild is :p

H

Hugibear

Because people farm more gold than they would ever be able to spend, so when you lose your faction arties the only thing you're losing in reality is gold cuz all you have to do is buy it back. Ya get it now? Rich people do not deserve item insurance on siege...what cant you understand about that??
Big assumption on your part there buddy. I dont always get my gear sold back to me. But whats the different between running high end runic gear, and just making more of it when you die. It is the same as what you are saying. My suggestion for faction arties has always been a turn in for half the silver they cost.

O

Ole Cheapy

Big assumption on your part there buddy. I dont always get my gear sold back to me. But whats the different between running high end runic gear, and just making more of it when you die. It is the same as what you are saying. My suggestion for faction arties has always been a turn in for half the silver they cost.
If you actually believe the bs you're saying then swear from this moment forward you will never again use faction gear and will only run what you call "high end runic gear". I mean afterall there is no difference, right?

Yeah save ur bs for somebody else.