• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Should We Increase The Number Of Siege Blessings

Should We Increase The Number Of Siege Blessings

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Me too I would rather seen no new blessings and items easier to get. But then I think what are the devs more likely to do? Make a bunch of tweaks to things like monster loot, turn ins and crafting or change one number? If they are going to be willing to do anything at all its probably going to have to be a simple solution. I mean the chances of them doing anything are small to begin with as it is.

-Kaisa
Welcome back Kaisa, so good to see you :)

Yes that's why I voted yes, it is better than nothing but sure not the besst solution

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I voted yes on more blesses
Have to agree with this guy. Why aren't all the "Yes" voters playing Fel on Trammel servers?

I don't get it.

Siege - Where you can bless 3 less items than the other shards... :(, that will really make us stand out.

And these guys have only played the shard, what, a few weeks? The whole haves vs have nots argument is a bit goofy considering.
People are only asking for maybe about 2-5 items total to bless. This would still leave really the majority of items on the suit not to mention all the contents in their backpacks still lootable. Personally though I like the idea of making items easier to get and no new blessings more. But like I said before if the devs are going to do anything at all its probably going to have to be quick and easy. Changing one number is probably a lot easier then making several changes.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm where do they fit the defination of Griefer?
Urban Dictionary: griefer

PK'king, looting, attacking events and hunts is all allowed on Siege. It may be an evil thing to do but not really against the rules for the shard.
Yeah I mean it was pretty crappy of them to do such a thing but it is allowed. This used to happen in the "good old days" a bunch as well but back people also tried to fight back if they could. Though back then there were also guilds dedicated to protecting people from these sorts of people and there isn't anymore.

Last edited:

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
chise2 just hit the nail on the head. Sounds like GIL is going to have to make friends with some new people.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Think really really hard because you may get what you wish for, because the DEVs have been great about trying to keep Siege the way people want it, you just might get it and then down the road not want it. Wasn't there an uproar about all the blessed items on Siege and Siege got the DEVs to remove the bless part and now you want more bless deeds. Think long and hard before you get your wish and then regret it later on.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
6 items covers the basics and leaves the bulk open to looting.

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just don't think people are evaluating the extra blessings from all sides, no matter the number. Now instead of naked tamers, they will be not-so naked and have more blessed items to help that become a PvP norm. Thieves will be able to be decked out in decent armor and resurrect and be right back even stronger.

I think people can make this shard whatever they want it to be. Activity has been up from player run events, you just need not give up so easily because one group came here. I don't mind that they are here, personally, and would help PvP against them if I had a guild doing that sort of thing.

Why should we settle for only things we feel are a one line of code change? I think there are many things everyone would agree upon but they feel it is just too difficult so we are trying to settle for some hack of a fix.

And I have my doubts about even one line of code. I've been trying to get them to fix mining carts so they properly spawn sapphires for ages. That has got to be just adding an item code to an array lol. Thanks for my 10-year broken gift(s) :(. Ahh, I digress.

Last edited:

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[
I just don't think people are evaluating the extra blessings from all sides, no matter the number. Now instead of naked tamers, they will be not-so naked and have more blessed items to help that become a PvP norm. Thieves will be able to be decked out in decent armor and resurrect and be right back even stronger.

I think people can make this shard whatever they want it to be. Activity has been up from player run events, you just need not give up so easily because one group came here. I don't mind that they are here, personally, and would help PvP against them if I had a guild doing that sort of thing.

Why should we settle for only things we feel are a one line of code change? I think there are many things everyone would agree upon but they feel it is just too difficult so we are trying to settle for some hack of a fix.

And I have my doubts about even one line of code. I've been trying to get them to fix mining carts so they properly spawn sapphires for ages. That has got to be just adding an item code to an array lol. Thanks for my 10-year broken gift(s) :(. Ahh, I digress.
I think that is why it was suggested that stealth templates get one less and tamers have to use one bless on their pet. Though I think if they do increase the number of blessings it is unlikely they are going to make any sort of special exceptions so I agree its definitely a concern. I agree about people giving up too easily and I think that attitude is really hurting the shard as well. I would like to not settle for the quick easy fix either as I do not think simply adding more blessings is the absolute best solution. I just think that it could help and it has a better chance of being implemented then making a bunch of other tweaks. Of course if the devs came and said something like ok we are going to take a look at monster loot on siege and turn ins and crafting I would be thrilled! But pretty sure that ain;t gonna happen.

-Kaisa

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not being a Smart Ass but we expect that because that is about all Siege gets are simple bless, unbless, take a few items, out put a few items in one line code changes. I think more people are speaking up now because the vocal minority in the past has created a real mess here. Either heavily in favor of PvM or Heavily in Favor of PvP. And always someone gets the stinky end of the stick. Then we have a 1-3 year period of complaining and the pendulum swings back the other way. All I want to see is something that benefits everyone across the board and keeps the feel of Siege. The VVV Arties don't do it as most do not VVV it is the same as faction arties only a lot cheaper. If they were limited to PvP I could care less, but on Siege they are not and will have a direct impact on everyone who does not PvP. I don't think the idea of 6 blessed items is a overall fix everything, I do believe it would be a big first step to attracting and retaining both PvP and Non pvps to Siege though.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To the people that are voting no. Why would it hurt to bless a few more things that people wouldnt otherwise carry unless it was blessed? Typically now if you kill someone 99% chance they wont be wearing those insane tinker legs, so what would it matter? Im trying to view this from both sides, but im not seeing the down side of this, and im not saying I want my paper doll blessed. The current game and the difficulty of obtaining items does not fit well with Siege.

Do you really want to farm up that slither just to lock it down in your house as deco? That item is useless here because almost every tenplate would have to bless something else, like my mage wep for example.
Yep there is a lot of that sort of stuff that is practically useless here because it is just not worth the risk of losing them. I mean I found several items recently that I would love to use but its just too much of a risk to do so and replacing them would be quite difficult and I am not going to risk my bow either to bless them. So they just sit in chests and its like what is the point? why bother even trying to obtain such items?

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep there is a lot of that sort of stuff that is practically useless here because it is just not worth the risk of losing them. I mean I found several items recently that I would love to use but its just too much of a risk to do so and replacing them would be quite difficult and I am not going to risk my bow either to bless them. So they just sit in chests and its like what is the point? why bother even trying to obtain such items?
Why not just enjoy using the item while you own it? If you lose it, at most it sits in someone else's chest so what did they really gain, or they make use of it and it gets put into action to win back again. And look at all the items you do use that you wouldn't even think twice about keeping on other shards.

This is the only shard without mega blessings. People looking for that will have no where left to play. Would be a big disappointment but maybe there are so few of us left that it won't matter.

Last edited:

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why not just enjoy using the item while you own it? And look at all the items you do use that you wouldn't even think twice about keeping on other shards.

This is the only shard without mega blessings. People looking for that will have no where left to play. Would be a big disappointment but maybe there are so few of us left that it won't matter.
Well it would still be the only shard where you can';t bless/insure basically everything you own. I think the fact that there is so few left and because it is so hard to convince people to come play here and stay here is why some of us are looking at a "solution" such as adding more blessings. True I guess it would be better to just wear the stuff rather then have it sit in a chest. But since it is so hard to come by some of this stuff losing it would be a pretty hard blow. Not to mention I don't want to supply my enemies with that sort of stuff hehe. They can have my imbued armor and other stuff though since that is much easier to replace.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I have to changes my vote to no as I fear it will not be a good solution