• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Should All Shards Get The AoS Color Event?

Should All Shards Get The AoS Color Event?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should all shards get the AoS color event the asian shards have already gotten?

Feel free to post your opinion.

N

NewThunder

I voted no, anyone could have gone over an Asian shard and participated there. I enjoyed the event on Mizuho, had a fun time, very nice group of players there, rez'd me many times.

S

SilentFoxXy

yes, of course we should,

But NO, for current events... cos I went over, spent 25m in x shard, (Which anyone can do).... So as it stands atm, NO obvioulsy for rareness sake, and to enable those intrepid explorers to recoup their costs for their Schooner, crew, Pack animals, exploring the uncharted seas, etc etc.

(Humor guys, yes of course it should be), it stinks that the Japanese get so many fun things, and we dont , and why. " Because of Cheaters", or "Because we cant pay Seer/ GMs."

But for sure, for the future, YES YES YES

Hell, I play 3/5ths of the day every day, Ill do it for free EA, Freeee I tells ya.....

Slimes
Jap Dye Tokens
Seer event 1,2 3+++

Stinks....

Maybe if we paid in yen we would get the chance on Europa?? ;)

Seinken

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, the reason being we can't have counsellors or whoever did the event. Not to mention EA would probably have to hire a translator (or hope one of the current event mods on the Asian shards knows english.) to get the previous lore to not make the event look dumb as hell. There are small intricacies that make an event fun and i'm sure the people on Asian shards had much more fun getting special to go along with the event.

Note this is just an assumption the event has some meat on it's story...

N

NewThunder

No, the reason being we can't have counsellors or whoever did the event. Not to mention EA would probably have to hire a translator (or hope one of the current event mods on the Asian shards knows english.) to get the previous lore to not make the event look dumb as hell. There are small intricacies that make an event fun and i'm sure the people on Asian shards had much more fun getting special to go along with the event.

I do not believe there were any staff needed/involved in the Slime event. It seemed to have been done via code, the slime appeared in one of the 24 locations and had a timer, players then had to click the slime to dye, thats the extent of the event.

S

SilentFoxXy

As mentioned, I went to the event, I actually X Sharded a semi decent template , bit of magery for recall, bit of melee, etc etc, and a few boxes of coin of the realm.

The event lasted thru several days, with 2 different locations each day having a single, undamageable SLIME. This SLIME was colours in one of the 24 (I think??) AOS colours, and when clicked gave a target option to your cursor, and you simply clicked a bolt of cloth to color it the color of the slime.

1 in 4 clicks to the slime resulted in you being teleported somewhere away from the slime location, sometimes into great danger, other times simply a run back to the location.

1/2 of the chosen locations were accessible to the lowest of characters, simply walk up and click. The other 50% were in areas of some danger, where death was a likely outcome.

The sense of camaraderie was huge, everyone helped any one who died etc. The Japanese, contrary to some reports, treated their foreign visitors very cordially.

Over all, I was able to obtain 14 of the colors thru @ 9 days of my holiday. It was great fun, and a great 'Adventure'.

The event was well thought out, gave every template, even the newest newbie, a chance of getting at least 2 or 3 of these rare colours. No greed, the slime was there for 24 hrs....

And, a simple coded event.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
100% YES!
Put the event also on our shards, the code is there, just turn it on!

T

TramMoonWalker

for this choice, no. let me give a few good and bad points.
good
1. nerfed orange quest colth, dog duped AOS clothing, and AOS colored cloth made by bug(fixed).
2. open for ALL who came there for 24h 12 days.

bad
1. you saw vendors selling these cloth saying its true rare.
2. nerfed AOS reward clothing.

personally i dont think my AOS reward clothings are nerfed by this event, because i like its inscription, not color only.
i applauds EA Japan team for letting this event open for all players. for example, events led by Event Mods are closed for local players, and moreover Japanese shards never have EMs; plus the last EAJ particular event item was food creator shirt or like that about 3 years ago.

hmm unfair?

note: if US shards would have similar event, id like to particepate in that!

L

Lord Drakelord

I voted yes because those that did go over are planning on shipping a boat load of the cloth back to their home shards. They then will sell this cloth for untold millions to players all over. Those that have a somewhat checker past will also make items from the cloth and swear on a stack of bibles that the item is a one in a life time rare from some past event.

Then there is those that will dupe the cloth selling the dupe bolts for again "untold millions". By bringing the event to all shards we will give all players a chance to own this cloth and not run afoul duped goods.

A little chat over on Sonoma about the cloth

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=6726

K

Kith Kanan

yes, of course we should,

But NO, for current events... cos I went over, spent 25m in x shard, (Which anyone can do).... So as it stands atm, NO obvioulsy for rareness sake, and to enable those intrepid explorers to recoup their costs for their Schooner, crew, Pack animals, exploring the uncharted seas, etc etc.

(Humor guys, yes of course it should be), it stinks that the Japanese get so many fun things, and we dont , and why. " Because of Cheaters", or "Because we cant pay Seer/ GMs."

But for sure, for the future, YES YES YES

Hell, I play 3/5ths of the day every day, Ill do it for free EA, Freeee I tells ya.....

Slimes
Jap Dye Tokens
Seer event 1,2 3+++

Stinks....

Maybe if we paid in yen we would get the chance on Europa?? ;)

Sooo because you where a nut and xfered to get some coloured bolts , we should not get the event .... eat my shorts

L

Lady D

I'd Vote yes!!! maybe it would stop the dupers from making these colors

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not believe there were any staff needed/involved in the Slime event. It seemed to have been done via code, the slime appeared in one of the 24 locations and had a timer, players then had to click the slime to dye, thats the extent of the event.
Looked to me like it was set up by the seers there.. not like it was anything they couldn't do without their usual help. All that was done was placing a new slime, making it work like a dyetub, and setting up the transportation mechanic.. all of that stuff is in the client anyway, they just made use of it to the full extent. If there was any coding or reprogramming necessary, the US devs would have had to have done it, and we would have heard about it from them by now just like everything else they've done for the Asian shards.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looked to me like it was set up by the seers there.. not like it was anything they couldn't do without their usual help. All that was done was placing a new slime, making it work like a dyetub, and setting up the transportation mechanic.. all of that stuff is in the client anyway, they just made use of it to the full extent. If there was any coding or reprogramming necessary, the US devs would have had to have done it, and we would have heard about it from them by now just like everything else they've done for the Asian shards.
do you think its a hard work of coding or reprogramming?
i'm a programmer and its not so hard!

S

Sneaky

NO and not because of the colours...

Shards should still have their own unique EM events, and I think its great that EA Japan has continued this.

K

Kula

It's nice that shards have unique content / events, but it seems like the Asian shards are getting all the love :/

Toku dyes, now these colours, what's next?! Rare hair dyes growing out of trees?!

L

Lord Drakelord

Another area of the poll could have been, Should they allow this colored cloth to be xsharded to shards that do not have it by transfer token. [yes] [no]

I vote no.

C

Cysphruo

be lucky the asian shards got it and complain more so its taken away altogether so nobody gets it...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I vote No.

And even tho it may be an unpopular opinion, I think each shard, or area, should be able to have events/rewards/quests unique to them and not worry about having to take each little thing worldwide.

A

Aurianna

I voted No. Cause the AOS Colors are toooo ugly. If it had been nice, decent normal colors, then yes. But we have already enough Neon Colors for Hairs, Cloth, Armors, Arties, Jewelry, House Decos, Plants, Shoes and even some Pets are Neon Colored.

G

galefan2004

Although I don't necesarily believe we need the colors on all shards, I believe that anything that happens on one shard should happen on all shards. If EA isn't willing to have all events be shard wide then they shouldn't have them on one shard to begin with.

Sure, they could tell us all to go play on Japanese shards as a work around, but that is kind of like telling US players to suck it. Thats not a very good way to keep players (especially when there are more US players than Japanese players).

G

galefan2004

I voted no, anyone could have gone over an Asian shard and participated there. I enjoyed the event on Mizuho, had a fun time, very nice group of players there, rez'd me many times.
<Translation!>

Not until I sell all the cloth I brought back from the Japanese shards for an insanely inflated ammount.

G

galefan2004

I vote No.

And even tho it may be an unpopular opinion, I think each shard, or area, should be able to have events/rewards/quests unique to them and not worry about having to take each little thing worldwide.
If I were to follow your arguement then I would demand unique content on my own shard where it doesn't exist.

F

Flora Green

It's nice that shards have unique content / events, but it seems like the Asian shards are getting all the love :/

Toku dyes, now these colours, what's next?! Rare hair dyes growing out of trees?!
Probably cocoa trees which our shards will never see. :mad:

N

NewThunder

Although I don't necesarily believe we need the colors on all shards, I believe that anything that happens on one shard should happen on all shards. If EA isn't willing to have all events be shard wide then they shouldn't have them on one shard to begin with.

Sure, they could tell us all to go play on Japanese shards as a work around, but that is kind of like telling US players to suck it. Thats not a very good way to keep players (especially when there are more US players than Japanese players).
Could you please source your comment that there are more US players then Japanese players.

G

galefan2004

Could you please source your comment that there are more US players then Japanese players.
Its a given fact that Atlantic is the most pouplated server. Look at all the other server populations from the US shards. Now, look at all the server populations for the Japanese shards. If all it takes is simple math to figure it out then you don't need a source.

I believe that if you combined the populations of Atlantic and GL you would have more than the population of the Japanese shards.

However, if I said players then I worded it wrong. That doesn't take into account players that are playing on US shards or Japanese shards although they are not from the US or Japan. It also makes sense because the US has a much larger population than Japan so if 1% of the population of the US played UO and 1% of the population of Japan played UO it would be a lot more from the US.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like something like that event even if it is just something for my long neglected tailor to do..:thumbup1:

R

Rainbow Stu

Just because Billy got some does not mean that your mommy needs to buy you some also.rolleyes:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you ask me And I did vote YES........

I'm personally quite irritated with the preferential treatment some shards get..... Heck yeah I "could" have gone and made a character on an asian shard and YES I could have transfered all I wanted over to my AMERICAN shard... but.... I don't want to play on an asian shard..... I don't want to spend money and gold I don't have on a Transfer token when really events like this SHOULD be on ALL shards.... There is NO reason what so ever that ALL shards shouldn't have such events and things.... NONE what so ever.. In my opinion it's WRONG to allow such things..... All asian shards should be subject to the same RULES as EVERYONE else..... and just cause they CAN have such things over there doesn't mean they SHOULD...... It's wrong...... SO my feeling is either they have the same stuff as the rest of us....... OR they DO NOT allow transfers to or from those shards... PERIOD.

S

Sunrise

I'm personally quite irritated with the preferential treatment some shards get..... Heck yeah I "could" have gone and made a character on an asian shard and YES I could have transfered all I wanted over to my AMERICAN shard... but.... I don't want to play on an asian shard..... I don't want to spend money and gold I don't have on a Transfer token when really events like this SHOULD be on ALL shards.... There is NO reason what so ever that ALL shards shouldn't have such events and things.... NONE what so ever.. In my opinion it's WRONG to allow such things..... All asian shards should be subject to the same RULES as EVERYONE else..... and just cause they CAN have such things over there doesn't mean they SHOULD...... It's wrong...... SO my feeling is either they have the same stuff as the rest of us....... OR they DO NOT allow transfers to or from those shards... PERIOD.

I second this. Pretty much sums it up.

E

Elbryan Uthador

I voted no. Asian shards have seers that commit their time to events. We had our chance and see where it landed us (EM's). Suck it up and just learn to live with the fact that the Asian shards will have events while all of us "Westerners" will have to transfer over or have an alt there to enjoy them.

Another note, Most of us need to go over there and see how to respect each other as we play this game. It was the nicest enviroment I have seen in this game.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes yes yes... coming to a shard near u sooooooooooooooon......

And to dispel a silly silly rumour.. asian shards are a lot less populated than the fuller western shards... END!!

L

love2winalot

Hail: Well what if those who say each shard should have it's own stuff, i think you are saying USA vs Asia vs Europe, are you not? This then makes events dictated by region.

What if Great lakes had dyes of Tokuno brought back, but Atlantic did not? and Catskills had an event that allowed you to get Mystic Weapons and Sonoma did not? and so on???????

And, if it did happen, what would the players on the Asian servers think about it? I wonder how many people paid the $25 for the charater transfer? Maybe EA thinks this is a good marketing/income tool?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shards should be able to have their own events if they like. Players who want to join can. If you hear about an event, you can make a newbie there and join in. If a few players got together to pay for one to go xshard the cloth etc "home" they could bring that stuff back easily. I don't see the need for crying.

Personally i wish we still had no xsharding at all, because shards have lost event items to other shards and it creates situations where players bring in "foreign" items and sell them for inflated prices to players who think it's a real rare. This being a case in point. I know xsharding has advantages but it's caused problems too. It's just a pity that players take it for granted and don't realise that they have options which weren't always available.

Wenchy

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wasn't sure how the poll would go actually which is kind of why I posted it because I wanted to see what other people thought about this.

Seems pretty close though with the results almost down the middle on it.

Vesta

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poll Should have been just yes or no without the biased comments after.

J

Jhym

Are you all really that petty, to begrudge the asian shards having their own events?

petty petty people tsk tsk

S

SilentFoxXy

Sooo because you where a nut and xfered to get some coloured bolts , we should not get the event .... eat my shorts
Yum Yum,

Hey, why not read the next line of the post...

Or did you just want to vent.....;)

Irony, and no lovee, thats not the thing you flatten your ' Pants' with...

G

galefan2004

Just because Billy got some does not mean that your mommy needs to buy you some also.rolleyes:
My mom ain't buyin' me crap. However, when I helped buy Billy's then he better share. He better find a better way to share then let a few people with 30 mil to blow transfer to him and away.

What upsets me is that you guys think we are wanting something for nothing. That is far from the fact. We paid a monthly fee so that we could get everything this game has to offer just like Japan did, so when aren't getting everything they are, we have room to complain.

G

galefan2004

I voted no. Asian shards have seers that commit their time to events. We had our chance and see where it landed us (EM's). Suck it up and just learn to live with the fact that the Asian shards will have events while all of us "Westerners" will have to transfer over or have an alt there to enjoy them.
Stop making excuses for EA. EA has the money to keep EM's going. If they are willing to allow Japanese shards to have them then they better provide them on US shards. I'm paying the same money they are, and that means I better get the same product, or I better get a discounted price. The simple solution would be to just shut the Japanese shards off completely from the US shards. Charge the Japanese more (they have live content) and charge the US shards less.

Another note, Most of us need to go over there and see how to respect each other as we play this game. It was the nicest enviroment I have seen in this game.
Its completely a cultural difference. They are much more collectively orientated while the US is much more personally orientated. So, while they think about others the US, for the most part, only thinks about themselves. Neither style of thinking is wrong because it is influenced by the cultures in which we live.

G

galefan2004

Are you all really that petty, to begrudge the asian shards having their own events?

petty petty people tsk tsk
I'm perfectly happy with them having live events IF I GET THEM TOO. Short of that, I want to play less than they do for UO. I pay to play this game. I demand the same value for my money that anyone anywhere else gets. If they want live events while I can not get them then they should pay more and I should pay less.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm perfectly happy with them having live events IF I GET THEM TOO. Short of that, I want to play less than they do for UO. I pay to play this game. I demand the same value for my money that anyone anywhere else gets. If they want live events while I can not get them then they should pay more and I should pay less.
That or we should also get an event of equal quality. As far as that type of thing goes.

Like I said though it doesn't matter to me but I knew there would be plenty of mixed feelings on it so I wanted to see just what people thought about it.

Pretty much any time there is something on one shard that is not on another you will see a lot of mixed reactions to it.