• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

See you in Virginia for the 20th Anniversary party!!!!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
directions from canada: go to ottawa, turn south, travel about 400 miles (730 kms)
i google mapped it.
over 4500km (aprox 3000 miles) from here to there.

that is a bit of a drive.......

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
it costed me 10 times more to fly down to the main cities in the southern Canada then it costed me to fly down from there to Disney Land.
so drive down to to civilization then fly to the other side of the continent, then a short hop down to Virginia.

i dont even go through that much hassle for a good holiday!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
and on a related note, have you ever been on a bush plane!
not for the faint of heart!
Don't worry til it stops leaking hydraulic fluid.... it means it's out.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wish I could go but that's really not gonna happen. Even if I could get the time off work... and I'd have to switch my sleep schedule around... would be neat to meet everyone and stuff but yeah... can't.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are several Viginia's around US. Which one is the right one?

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
...And why, hasn't someone brought up a beverage appropriate for the Game Setting? Come on folks, I can't be the only person here with a taste for Mead.
There's an idea. I made honey mead once (many years ago). Pretty strong stuff, too. :)

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
There's an idea. I made honey mead once (many years ago). Pretty strong stuff, too. :)
Well to be fair, all mead uses Honey as it's primary source of sugar for the fermentation process, I'm considering taking up making it at home as a hobby and experimenting with a variety recipes in small batches over time.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I doubt I will be able to make it, to expensive for me and USA is so big, I fear I will get lost.
I hope some of you will take some great pics and share them together with some great stories from the party.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Well to be fair, all mead uses Honey as it's primary source of sugar for the fermentation process, I'm considering taking up making it at home as a hobby and experimenting with a variety recipes in small batches over time.
Yes, it would be interesting to try different fruit juices with it. I just did the basic and never got around to doing more.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yes, it would be interesting to try different fruit juices with it. I just did the basic and never got around to doing more.
Yea that's the down side, unless you have a way to buy the Honey fairly cheaply it can get expensive. Even a 1 gallon recipes generally recommend around 3 lbs of Honey.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I doubt I will be able to make it, to expensive for me and USA is so big, I fear I will get lost.
I hope some of you will take some great pics and share them together with some great stories from the party.
Well there are major airports not too far away, and plenty of hotels.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hate to hear that. But, it's probably a good thing though. I mean they will probably have a small area roped off for Siege folks and have a few crumbs of cake and a single can of soda for y'all to split. They know y'all are all used to making your way through with limited resources ;)

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hate to hear that. But, it's probably a good thing though. I mean they will probably have a small area roped off for Siege folks and have a few crumbs of cake and a single can of soda for y'all to split. They know y'all are all used to making your way through with limited resources ;)
That's okay, we'll have someone stealth in with the drinks and doobies....

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mean they will probably have a small area roped off for Siege folks and have a few crumbs of cake and a single can of soda for y'all to split. They know y'all are all used to making your way through with limited resources ;)
And the Siege folk will still have more fun than everyone else.

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hell, I just have to drive a little while to get there.... Still, there is the getting home....

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Hey! I was just planning the strategy for storming the place. I was think a couple of ATL style gank diversion attacks on the front and the Siege folk (both of us) stealthing from the trees in the back... I noticed there is a Dairy Queen in the area!

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, on second thought I'm not going. I had this tiny little shred of respect for the people of Broadsword, but they lost it.

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would LOVE to join that anniversary party!

Please, can you do a party overseas in Europe sometime? :)

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks like about 800$ for a first class ticket from DFW to Richmond airport on AA ...or approximately 6 platinum....just sayin'

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like about 800$ for a first class ticket from DFW to Richmond airport on AA ...or approximately 6 platinum....just sayin'
Is it going to be held in Richmond? I figured it would be in Herndon/DC area. If that was the case you'd need to fly to Dulles airport which is $475 first class on AA.

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, I think it's generally more expensive to fly to and from Richmond. A lot of times people will come and go from Dulles because it's cheaper. And Dulles should be closer to the party I imagine.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

CrazyDave

Old & Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Only a four hour drive for me. I believe I'm going to go. Can't wait to hear the details.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Lucky you...
It will be 3,600$ to fly business from where I am to Dulles.
And it will be 20+ hours transit time, with at least two connections. But alas, I will make that sacrifice. :p

At 6'1'', I did the mistake of flying couch to another country once. NEVER again.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe the devs will serve punch and pie. I wouldnt drink the punch though. They may pee in it because how they are treated on Stratics. :p

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord