• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Seattle Town Hall (The quick-points version)...

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I will predict right now... Embueing will effectively remove the problems of race-specific armor/weapons.

Why?

Because you'll be able to build the armor sets and weapons you want in whatever style you want better than you can now.

The ONLY place it will really affect is Artifacts (assuming they are not Embue compatable.

G

galefan2004

I predicted this event would culminate in the release of SA. I'm very glad I was right on this one. If we didn't get an expansion this year it would have been a hard hit below the belt to UO.
Only thing is you were wrong. This event culminated with yet another mention of SA. SA still isn't coming until next August. So, in the end it will have been a 3 year (or is it 4 year) wait for a new expansion. That is assuming that this SA doesn't somehow get delayed like the old SA did (or canned because we all know EA hasn't canned anything in the past right?).

G

galefan2004

Next year. ouchie. (but alas, expected from the "early stages" comments). I guess that's going to be a fail on some folk's expectations.
Only because they had 3 years for it to be "in the early stages". The fact that they aren't going to release it for another year is kind of proof they haven't even been working on it for the last 3 years when they said they were. Also, KR was susposed to be completely finished a year after they announced it. Do we all remember how well that went?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
300 Million one time is feasible for a casual player (i.e. I consider myself a casual player, I only have a couple million in gold, but if I ABSOLUTELY needed to, I could probably get up to 3 or 4 hundred mill by selling some of the true rares I've accumulated over the years (my boulder, ranger armor set, singing ball, coal armor pieces, etc). But I could only do it once.
You honestly believe you are a casual player?! Yikes!

*feels sort of dumbfounded at the thought*

You have "true rares".
You know what true rares are.
You have a triple-digit stratics post count.
*points at your sig*

I respect you a lot Dermott, but if you think you're a casual player that the culture gap between us and the uninitiated-to-UO world is even deeper than I dared imagine.

edit: just out of curiosity ... what would you require someone to do to lose "casual player" status?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

COmpared to the people who do Peerless, run the Guantlet and hardcore PvP sure, I consider myself more of a casual player... I've just been around a looooong freaking time.

G

galefan2004

Did anyone else find it amusing to hear the guy that left the game six months ago and told them they will have to do a hard sell to get him to come back..........yet he is sitting at a UO town hall meeting????.....too funny.
Just because people leave the game doesn't mean they abandon the game. Many of us hang on hoping they will suddenly end their WoW clone ways and return UO to what it should actually be. UO was the only soloable game in the MMORPG world that encouraged but did not require group work to succeed in the game. They scratched that idea to turn it into a WoW clone and they keep going that direction without any respect to the people that made it successful in the early days.

So, that doesn't mean they didn't make a trial account to go to WRR only to learn that they are doing nothing else to this game other than following the WoW clone stupidity.

G

galefan2004

They said the humey crafters could make the garg stone armor and weps (elves, too).

Sounds like EA/Mythic came to their senses. Giving up on UO would be like Parker Bros. giving up on Monopoly.

OZ
Last time I checked Monopoly actually sells off of store shelves without first making it to the bargain bin, so I fail to see the comparison.

G

galefan2004

Not even WoW, with all of it's popularity, can overcome the reaction that forced grouping causes, which is people quitting for being forced to do something. UO can't handle people quitting like WoW can.
Please stop speaking on topics you know very little about. People don't quit WoW because of forced grouping. Forced grouping in WoW is a non-issue because it doesn't take a long time to find a group and you can still get pretty decent end game gear by soloing in PvP. People quit playing WoW because of forced raiding (10-25 man groups) because they simply don't feel like they can invest the time into raiding that it requires. Blizzard is doing A LOT to address that problem in its next expansion btw.

C

Connor_Graham

Please stop speaking on topics you know very little about.
I played WoW for almost a year thanks. I know plenty about the game. Next time don't jump to conclusions about things you know little about.

People don't quit WoW because of forced grouping. Forced grouping in WoW is a non-issue.
If it was such a non-issue, it wouldn't be the #1 complaint and reason for people quitting now would it?

People quit playing WoW because of forced raiding (10-25 man groups) because they simply don't feel like they can invest the time into raiding that it requires.
*sigh*

Forced "raiding" is exactly the same thing as forced grouping. You're just using the technical game term whereas I used the generic description. Maybe you should read what you're posting before you hit that submit button.

Blizzard is doing A LOT to address that problem in its next expansion btw.
So, even they agree it's a problem. It's a good thing they do since they're the ones that said grouping, aka raids, is their #1 problem and reason for people quitting the game.

I'm sorry, did you say something? :loser:

C

Connor_Graham

Only thing is you were wrong. This event culminated with yet another mention of SA.
This event isn't over yet, so no, I wasn't wrong. The only thing I was wrong about was the time frame, which was announced AFTER I made my post.

Why don't you just go back to WoW since that's all you can seem to talk about? You don't bring anything but negativity to every post you jump into, and do so with more posts in a row than any single poster makes in an entire thread. If WoW is just so awesome and UO is so terrible, just go away and leave those of us that want to play UO and not WoW alone.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please stop speaking on topics you know very little about. People don't quit WoW because of forced grouping. Forced grouping in WoW is a non-issue because it doesn't take a long time to find a group and you can still get pretty decent end game gear by soloing in PvP. People quit playing WoW because of forced raiding (10-25 man groups) because they simply don't feel like they can invest the time into raiding that it requires. Blizzard is doing A LOT to address that problem in its next expansion btw.
Holy bloated ego Batman! Think much of yourself? Come away from that mirror a minute.

People quit because of forced grouping. NOt the only reason by far. Kara raids are long piles of garbage that you have to do with kids who have no life that are so peticular about how to go about you have to practically walk on eggshells around them. It's definately a reason to despise the high end game.

...and quit saying WoW clone...geeze...find a new word or something..get one of those vocabulary calendars...:loser:

K

King Frankie

YAY more items to look at! or was that something I wanted?!! not really GET THE CHEATS OUT OF UO INSTEAD. *sigh*