• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Seattle Town Hall (The quick-points version)...

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if the Devs get together beforehand to discuss things or just wing it and tell us "we'll look into it", "I'm not sure" or "let us know what you think".

They really haven't answered any questions.

F

Flora Green

- Templates are supposed to be cramped skillpointwise

- New resources: Granite will stack and be used

-
Cramped is an understatement. Hopefully they'll send some more ss frags our way.

Great on the stacking. They need to continue that for the other resources/items. I assume by "new resources" it means new colors of granite or at least new items to craft.?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but I've had no indication that this was happening "soon"[/COLOR]
Next year. ouchie. (but alas, expected from the "early stages" comments). I guess that's going to be a fail on some folk's expectations.

(given that it was never actually confirmed to us that the original SA plan was canceled, I wouldn't fault anyone for being cynical on this piont)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think if they work hard and release it next year with no bugs Im happy! Dont want them to release it this year half complete

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pet armor - wow I think I actually heard the artists wince at that question/request :)

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder, since it seems we are going to have to make weps and armor from stone, if they will FINALLY give us tools that mine ONLY Granite....

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Next year. ouchie. (but alas, expected from the "early stages" comments). I guess that's going to be a fail on some folk's expectations.

(given that it was never actually confirmed to us that the original SA plan was canceled, I wouldn't fault anyone for being cynical on this piont)
not so much cynical as sadly disappointed... and wouldn't it be refreshing to just get an honest "this didn't work as well as we thought it would, so we're working on something else but it will not be ready for testing until at least March..... and while the people that really build worlds well work on that part of it, the group that knows how to confuse you (events) will relate tales and provide lively content"

D

Deb

I seriously hope they do a box...it would so help to make UO present
to the public. Doing a download I think would do more harm than
good. JMHO.

W

Wynne

New housing types is fine, but new housing areas on already underpopulated shards makes NO sense

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there are lots of solutions to the "exhaustion" of systems
- make sure there is a planned "sink" for every item
- year-labled or hued items
- types of artifacts which have their properties vary according to the time of the (real) year they drop (eg: +10 poison resist on the first day of spring, +10 fire resist on the first day of summer, +5/+5 at the midpoint between spring and summer)
- chains of uncommons that have no known max (eg: large fish system which still has mysteries)

( more ideas available on request :) )

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
- When will peerlesses become non-soloable: long time talks about PvE rebalance pass
Why...? Part of the reason I and several of my friends play UO is because we have the option to not have to wait to get a group together for some high-end stuff... That renders 3 of my characters pretty useless...

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please forgive my ignorance, but wasnt there also a town hall meeting two and a half years ago to annouce that EA would be working on an expansion called Stygian Abyss and a new client? Deja Vu?

A

Amathist of PoC

Thank you Dermott I missed some of the meeting so this was awesome to catch up and see what was discussed before I tuned in.

A

Amathist of PoC

Did anyone else find it amusing to hear the guy that left the game six months ago and told them they will have to do a hard sell to get him to come back..........yet he is sitting at a UO town hall meeting????.....too funny.

Galad

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was hoping to hear what new content I can expect in the immediate future, not next year.

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, I didn't, but that's probably because I'm not listening to it. :D

I've got my little one this weekend so I'm just poking my nose in here every once in a while in between flipping the chicken on the grill and stirring the rice on the stove. I'm guessing we'll see it sometime around the end of October or possibly in November. I'm pretty sure it will be this year and not next.
Sorry Connor, they indicated that it will be sometime next year. Still too far out to say when.

Kinda sounds like, what they said about this time last year ;)

Magnus

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since they're ignoring the 'Ask Questions' on their website, I may ask here -

1.) Will the SA client make KR obsolete and no longer functional?
2.) When will the video/website be up for SA?

T

Teeshy

Thanks so much Dermott! Really appreciate it, cos I can't listen in live =)

A

Amathist of PoC

WOOO did you hear they said they are thinking about bring back Em's and Councilors...that would be so awesome.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously!?! What does barding do on swampies?....

Jeremy: It definitely turns them different colors

Do they play this game???

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Magnus: If I understand them correctly, the SA client will be a re-release and upgrade of KR.

K

Kith Kanan

LOL they dont even respond when the owner mails em..... and lol at the buying duped items questions......... they sure sound like they are on top of it..

S

Sebrina

Many Thanks to you Dermott! :thumbup:

I don't have time to listen to the broadcast, and a little overview like this is Fantastic. What is not fully answered can be run through the gring again at other Town Halls. I know many going to the one in Austin, but this first-hand info is great.

:ten:

Magnus

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They've been going over the live stuff since the turn of the hour, JC!

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's with people wanting new housing in the gargoyle lands? People are spread out too much as it is.... Hopefully they don't allow castles or keeps there.

A

Amathist of PoC

People like to explore new land and they like choices - I remember when Tokuno was opened it was the days of the gold rush people camped out for hours just to place a house. And come on lets face it our Gargoyles are not going to want to live with the unwinged creatures known as humans.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And come on lets face it our Gargoyles are not going to want to live with the unwinged creatures known as humans.
So my gargoyle character can't live with the rest of my human/elf characters? If I chose to move to the new lands, my non-gargoyles couldn't come?

A

Amathist of PoC

So my gargoyle character can't live with the rest of my human/elf characters? If I chose to move to the new lands, my non-gargoyles couldn't come?
*sigh* your gargoyle can choose to live where they like and associate with whom they like. My comment was more to outline the new housing in new lands gives them an option.