• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

scam o no?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No again that is your opinion based on your perception......
What did you expect the GM to do? You do understand that even if this was done intently it is still legal to do so in UO, please read this.
I don't get it. What did the OP think the GM was going to do. Everyone knows that they don't replace things, so getting the gold back was never an option. Furthermore this "scam" is perfectly legal. It does not exploit any bug or game mechanic, only player stupidity. Any and all blame should be placed on the buyer not the seller. The game is full of people who are there to either make the world a better place or destroy it. Neither play style is wrong. Deal with it.

I'm sure that somewhere out there there is an ultra Trammel free shard that would be much more to the OP's liking. I can imagine it now, payments are made in hugs instead of gold and to even emote any form of discontent with another player is met with a permanent ban. Someone please find this and send a link to the OP so they can finally be happy.
Maybe you need to learn the rules of the game you play. Little miss @MaryForUo has been here long enough to know this and if you look at a lot of her previous RANTs she does every thing to try and put UO down. What happened to her was ALL her fault and all she is trying to stir **** and you jumped right in the band wagon with her. :grouphug: Everybody give little hugs and call social services so they can get a little pat when they do something wrong. The vendor owner mistake or not did nothing against the rules.
FACT it is the rules of the game and she knew the GM could do nothing for her so yes she wasted the GMs time.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
If most people think something is not important, then guess what, it's NOT important.
This is the absolute best quote of the year.

*Writes it down in his book of random thoughts for future reference and gives you a wink while sipping on a glass of his Good Old Moonglow Red*

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I never said how i felt about the page but again my opinion doesn't matter either her post was never about was i right in paging once again internet judged and juried ... my opinion is the majority that makes it right mentality really makes me laugh

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Both sides of the same coin anymore we seem to have lost all ability to reason and compromise it's you're on my side or you're wrong mixed with internet false bravado and angry villagers mentality..

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has anyone a list of what problems are "real" and which aren't? @Lord Frodo
LOL What exactly did he handle??? It sounds like he held her hand, patted her on the head, gave her a cookie, and told her "shame on that bad vendor!". While he COULD have been, oh, I don't know, handling a REAL problem.
That is exactly "handling the case". Some cases are easy and just need some communication. I have seen people page on GMs because they had bad luck the RNG farming paroxy keys. The GM patted them on the back and moved on. Same story. Friendly GM, happy customer.

The GM still handled the case well. You don't make happy customers by telling them they are stupid af. I don't expect players to understand that. But GMs do sometime ;)

Last edited:

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That is exactly "handling the case". Some cases are easy and just need some communication. I have seen people page on GMs because they had bad luck the RNG farming paroxy keys. The GM patted them on the back and moved on. Same story. Friendly GM, happy customer.

The GM still handled the case well. You don't make happy customers by telling them they are stupid af. I don't expect players to understand that. But GMs do sometime ;)
For the record, I totally agree with this and normally I would say that there is no "wasting the GMs time." This particular poster however, has a habit of paging GMs and then posting about how they didn't do exactly what she wanted. It's one thing to call on them for emotional support or whatever but it's another to call on them and then come here and complain about it right afterwards.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's fun :) to read how a simple post can cause so much troll-confusion!
- 1st post - i write and ask what happen
- 2nd post - I wrote other details and ask again
- 3th post - I understood that everything was ok and thx the GM

no emotional support or complain Stinky, even a 2 year old would understand that I simply asked for something... and then as always trolls pop up! ITS MAGIC :stir:
I pay for the game and if I need help (any kind of help), I call a GM. Is it so hard to understand?
What did you expect the GM to do?
Give me an answer and an explanation if possible, even if the question bothers you so much.

2 pages here on the forum for that? ROFL
If a psychologist finds out about this forum he would make a mountain of dollars!!

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What did you expect the GM to do? You do understand that even if this was done intently it is still legal to do so in UO, please read this.

Maybe you need to learn the rules of the game you play. Little miss @MaryForUo has been here long enough to know this and if you look at a lot of her previous RANTs she does every thing to try and put UO down. What happened to her was ALL her fault and all she is trying to stir **** and you jumped right in the band wagon with her. :grouphug: Everybody give little hugs and call social services so they can get a little pat when they do something wrong. The vendor owner mistake or not did nothing against the rules.
FACT it is the rules of the game and she knew the GM could do nothing for her so yes she wasted the GMs time.
I thought you were an adult, but I was wrong. You attracted attention like a child who has blown his balloon. I do every thing to try and put UO down? lol
Fact: it is a situation that had never happened to me and I asked even if I knew that I could not get my money back. Just to find out if it was a scam or not. Has all this bothered you so much? I'm sorry I caused you so much pain. Are you trying to be right and believing that you are a wise person, throwing mud on me?? lol You can write whatever you want, any person here with a minimum of intelligence has understood who you are. I send you a kiss anyway ;)

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
here what other peoples think about you on other social... cant write more...
but the pic say all .... thats exactly what i got in mind LMAO
1627369303727.png
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attachments

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
it's fun :) to read how a simple post can cause so much troll-confusion!
- 1st post - i write and ask what happen
- 2nd post - I wrote other details and ask again
- 3th post - I understood that everything was ok and thx the GM

no emotional support or complain Stinky, even a 2 year old would understand that I simply asked for something... and then as always trolls pop up! ITS MAGIC :stir:
I pay for the game and if I need help (any kind of help), I call a GM. Is it so hard to understand?
What did you expect the GM to do?
Give me an answer and an explanation if possible, even if the question bothers you so much.

2 pages here on the forum for that? ROFL
If a psychologist finds out about this forum he would make a mountain of dollars!!
After rereading your first 3 posts, I understand what happened here. I like to admit when I am wrong about things, which in this instance, I was wrong and there is no complaint. That has not always been the case so I made an assumption without rereading. I find it strange that someone would page a GM over this, but I accept that some would not. I'm glad the GM could be there for you when you needed them and they provided you the support you needed at the time.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought you were an adult, but I was wrong. You attracted attention like a child who has blown his balloon. I do every thing to try and put UO down? lol
Fact: it is a situation that had never happened to me and I asked even if I knew that I could not get my money back. Just to find out if it was a scam or not. Has all this bothered you so much? I'm sorry I caused you so much pain. Are you trying to be right and believing that you are a wise person, throwing mud on me?? lol You can write whatever you want, any person here with a minimum of intelligence has understood who you are. I send you a kiss anyway ;)
And being your normal self you come on here to get your much need attention. Did you come here saying this is what happened to me so as a warning to all others slow down and look at everything before you buy, no you have to put you little I need sympathy **** into it. I am calling you out as an adult telling a drama queen to grow up and stop being such a needy little child that whines about everything when she doesn't get her way. The GM didn't do what you wanted and what did you do Miss Drama Queen, you posted it here just like you always do. Grow the **** up.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
here what other peoples think about you on other social... cant write more...
but the pic say all .... thats exactly what i got in mind LMAO
View attachment 121043
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And you think that really bothers me, I just consider the mentality of the source. Hate to burst your little bubble but I have no other social profile other than 2 UO related forums.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Had two items from a IDOC that where on safes. Items where stuck in my bag with Auction item on them could not loot or died only way was to die and leave them on body.

About 3 days for one GM to show up to fix the items. they even asked if I wanted the item or have it deleted. I wanted the two rare items lol.

was I wasting his time as well. I know @Stinky Pete would just have me leave the rare items on my body.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Had two items from a IDOC that where on safes. Items where stuck in my bag with Auction item on them could not loot or died only way was to die and leave them on body.

About 3 days for one GM to show up to fix the items. they even asked if I wanted the item or have it deleted. I wanted the two rare items lol.

was I wasting his time as well. I know @Stinky Pete would just have me leave the rare items on my body.
Items that are irretrievable are in the EMs domain. Someone paying more than they wanted for an item after clicking a confirmation gump that they had to verify the price is not.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Years ago scamming became legal in OU as long as no exploits were done scamming is ok to do. Players using exploits and getting away with it because players were crying they got scammed when they should of paged tom did an exploit and I lost some of my stuff because of it. doesn't really matter scam or exploit your not getting your stuff back. exploiter might get a mark on his account

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Years ago scamming became legal in OU as long as no exploits were done scamming is ok to do. Players using exploits and getting away with it because players were crying they got scammed when they should of paged tom did an exploit and I lost some of my stuff because of it. doesn't really matter scam or exploit your not getting your stuff back. exploiter might get a mark on his account
Should we call a GM for all the single items priced at 175M? The single essence, the piece of wood, the single gold, etc?

How are those not scams?

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
How are those not scams?
Those are organizers. You put all your stuff on vendors and when you need it you do a vendor search for it and it opens up the container where it is so you can get it. It's like the house organizer that everyone asks for from time to time.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Should we call a GM for all the single items priced at 175M?
That's your decision. I couldn't care less. Just keep in mind the GM will decide whether and when to handle your case, not any poster from this thread ;)

Last edited:

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Should we call a GM for all the single items priced at 175M? The single essence, the piece of wood, the single gold, etc?

How are those not scams?
scamming is legal when you page and say you were scammed nothing is done. when you page and say an exploit was done the gm will look into it because if a game mechanics was illegally used the person depending on the exploit could get a mark or perma banned.
this is why they get away with this because people are crying scam when they should be sayin a exploit was done and what happened.
unless there is a set limit on how much items on a vendor is priced a player may price their items how the feel fit. now they have the new vendors for high priced items.
either way you don't get your items or gold back you don't even get to find out if anything was done.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
either way you don't get your items or gold back you don't even get to find out if anything was done.
What was done? A player put items on a vendor at various prices. A player bought items on a vendor which has a confirmation gump for each sale. There is no bug. There is no exploit.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What was done? A player put items on a vendor at various prices. A player bought items on a vendor which has a confirmation gump for each sale. There is no bug. There is no exploit.
A player as the right to price their items how they want on the vendors scamming is legal. now with unleashed we are able to tell who these players are now the shard location of the vendor name of it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A player as the right to price their items how they want on the vendors scamming is legal. now with unleashed we are able to tell who these players are now the shard location of the vendor name of it.
So, it is a scam to place items on a vendor?

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, it is a scam to place items on a vendor?
To place items on a vendor is not a scam.
A scammer can scam you all they want its legal in the game long as no gaming mechanics is being used. if gaming mechanics is being used then its a exploit making it illegal.
Did the vendor owner scam you by putting different prices down yes they did scam you since its legal nothing will be done about it.
but there is no rule saying you can't put different prices on the same item your selling on your vendor, if scamming was illegal my arguement would be show me in the tos where it says I can't put different price on the same item I'm selling on a vendor.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
To place items on a vendor is not a scam.
A scammer can scam you all they want its legal in the game long as no gaming mechanics is being used. if gaming mechanics is being used then its a exploit making it illegal.
Did the vendor owner scam you by putting different prices down yes they did scam you since its legal nothing will be done about it.
but there is no rule saying you can't put different prices on the same item your selling on your vendor, if scamming was illegal my arguement would be show me in the tos where it says I can't put different price on the same item I'm selling on a vendor.
@Pawain was being facetious! Take the time to read the thread.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I knew right away he was joking by his question not to be rude I answered it. plus I wanted to see what his reply was going to be.
I can not tell what your stance is since you call putting anything on a vendor a scam.

The OP clicked a box that shows the price of each item. They did not have to click it.

Actually it probably is smart to put the same item on at an increasing price. The demand is increasing if they are being bought, so the price should also.