Saying good bye...

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
Europe
I hereby want to announce that I am officially saying good bye to the pursuit of new items and artifacts.

I fought many days during the Moonglow invasion, killed dozens of Skeletal Liches in graveyards, slew many Generals and other creatures during the Shadow Invasion, and finished the Magincia quest. I've been to Doom several times and killed a few peerless monsters. During that time I gathered a Cloak of Corruption, numerous Planeshields and -swords, a set of Conjurer Talisman and Spellbook, a handful of General weapons, some rubble and one Doom artifact. During that time I neglected the community and cared more about items instead of people.

Now I am sitting on all these items and hardly have a use for them. They only cost me storage space and insurance. When I am looking back, I consider most of those activities a waste of time. I rather go on adventures, communicate with people or roleplay my arse off, instead of spending most of my time hacking on an overpowered monster which was solely made for overpowered gamers. I equipped myself with GM-made barbed leather armor and a good weapon, and that's what I will continue to wear. I won't allow the game to force me into an item-based playing style. To me, items are a load, they are work. And I don't want to work, I want to have fun.

I will continue to haunt Britannia's seas and coastlines as long as I am having fun doing that with standard equipment.

Hawkeye Pike

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Cats/Europa
I figure that I have the items now, I may as well use them.

But lately... the drag of collecting new items has also worn on my enjoyment of the game. So I'll likely be joining you with the uninsured leather suits and a good weapon. I just have to find myself a good source of suits. It's so hard finding a tailor who is willing to supply the masses (aka me) with quality-but-cheap gear these days!

On that note, I've taken to playing more on Europa, since the community there currently enables one to have a good horned leather suit (better resist distribution), a kryss and a desire for a good time. I've even used that character (currently high-90's fencing) to help kill a Crimson Dragon in defense of Minoc!

Still...
I miss the Catskills community when I'm on Europa.

Would the pirates happen to be recruiting more archers? Aneirin needs a purpose to his life. More/better bows and armors isn't doing it for him.

M

Mirage

Items? Whats that?

I'm just going to continue to adventure at Brit bank!

Mir

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
Europe
Farsight, if you need simple GM-made armor, me brother Andrej Pike, who is Elder tailor, will be happy to help you out. He usually uses barbed leather for better results (more resists to distribute). Takes a few rounds of tailoring to get good results (i.e. the resists you need), but barbed leather isn't very hard to get.

Archers are very welcome to the pirate crew. Send Aneirin over anytime ye like!

P.S.: I tend not to use the artifacts, as I hate to pressure myself into earning money to be able to afford insurance. I prefer not having to worry too much about item loss.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 19, 2004
I would interested in joining you on this. I have a elder tailor that would be more than happy to supply you all the armor you want. Your cost would be to supply me the type of leather you want the suit made of.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 26, 2005
Lebanon, Ohio
****Looks over most recent notes on Meraktus, shaking head decides to head to Skara Brae, studies and reads the latest events on the public bulletin board. "Lets see here, Hawkeye Pike has something interesting to say". Rubbing beard wonders if he will be able to defeat minotaurs with average gear.****

Well, I can tell you this...There is no chance of getting an artie while killing Minotaurs. So, I hope you don't forget about my request to venture into the depths of the Labyrinth to defeat Meraktus and his tormented minotaurs. :D

****Suddenly realizing that Hagrid was lost in thought notices several burly generals quickly heading his way...Caught without a large dragon by his side and no-one around to lend backup Hagrid chants "Kal Ort Por" and beats a hasty retreat.****