• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Save the Game: Player Campaigns

G

685 Total Signatures cmon people we can do better then that i know we got more players in this game then this!!! keep signing the petition

G

711 now. Everyone should be putting the addy on their avatar and house bios

G

replying to message to bump it up on the forums!!!! come on guys show your support for the game we all love!!!

G

Im very sure she was exaggerating about that one, just to shut us up about beliving it can be saved..

All though, dont loose hope. Unless they dont wanna go back working on it.

N

nobuttkisser

<blockquote><hr>

http://www.petitiononline.com/kl5c3854/petition.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen, and I am not flaming you I've played this game, I have see just about EVERYTHING there is to see in this game.

The word has been given. TSO left in October, and you now have been giving ample notice that EA-LAND will soon be over. what you are attempting to do is applaudible but now its like looking down at a loved one in a casket and pleading for them to come back... it can't happen, it won't happen.

Like the voice says in "Reboot" <font color="red"> GAME OVER </font>

Either get your refund (if you paid for it) cancel your account, uninstall the game. and move on to something else..... PLEASE. the decision has been made.

G

I have been playing TSO since release, and that game pretty much mean the world to me.
Maybe im just narrow minded, but I cant see why EA should shut down a whole community and ruin the fun for thousands of players, just because they arent making money on 1 of their many many brilliant games.

So please dear EA, please dont take our beloved EA-Land/TSO from us.

G

eggchick posted another site about starting a player campaign to save the EAL TSO world. The link to her thread is here.

Just thought y'all might want to work together.

G

766 Total Signatures
cmon folks we need more then this keep signing!!!!

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Do they have to be Simmers?

I was thinking about blogging on Myspace for people to help sign our petition.

G

I DONT THINK THEY HAVE TO BE AS MANY SIGS AS POSSIBLE WOULD HELP WE NEED THOUSANDS

G

<blockquote><hr>

I DONT THINK THEY HAVE TO BE AS MANY SIGS AS POSSIBLE WOULD HELP WE NEED THOUSANDS

[/ QUOTE ]

You would be ruining your petition if you have non-players signing the petition.
You wont make it credible if people signing it have never played TSO.
I'd rethink that idea.

G

Stranger things have happened Studly.

I added the petition link to my Facebook page asking everyone to sign.

*Carries Sign* Power to the People!

G

you know the more i think about it the more i think we should all email our local news stations put some heat on ea ... what they have done is wrong and they should know it and long as were quiet well go away... we keep the heat on the devs wotn be alone fighting for us!

G

I think whats been done to is is news worthy im sure someone still has the emails sent out by ea to have old players come back to the game we have proof and the day before deadline they shut us down??? its not right.

Did anyone keep the email that was sent out please tell me someone out there has it we need proof it was sent out????

G

We all should really make an effort to this. Do you want your game to saved or not? :O

We are getting bigger at Player Campaigns and we wont stop, we wanna do this BIG, we wanna be HEARD, we cant do it alone. We have to stick together, show that we TRULY are one big community. We will make it to the news, we will be heard, we will be SAVED. Look at some ideas from the Admin Mark at playercampaigns:

"The Project is simple, we want our game to remain open.
We can make a formal letter to EA with different proposals, even if it calls server wipes and no updates.
We can gather support from millions of other players from hundreds of other games who might face the same fate one day.
We can gather support from milions of people who never even knew there was a Sims Online in the first place because EA stopped advertising and updating years ago!
We can gather support from gaming guilds, fanclubs! What about the game news sites? News sites... National News? I seen less important articles in the headlines many times.
We can, we can, we can, if we scream loud enough and long enough, we will be heard, but we must scream as a community...softly at first."

G

this is what im talkin about ... put the heat on ea make them here us make them know were not layin down for this one... but its gonna take more then just a few people its gonna take loads of people ..... get involved get heard!

B

brendagfrie

<blockquote><hr>

good luck as these petition's never work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh they don't?? Well it worked for Disneys VMK (Virtual Magic Kingdom) Which was shut down by Disney. The players got together and with massive online petitions now have their own version of that game to play!!!

NEVER SAY NEVER

G

AWESOME information Brendagfrie, thank you so much!

we KNOW there is hope out there!
come on sign up HERE
and read all the great news, great ideas, and what YOU can do to help!

P

princessofsh

Am I the only one on here who is very very disappointed with the sudden news? Sure as hell I'll sign. I love this game. Why is everyone giving up all of a sudden??? I can't believe they're doing this...it makes me sick.

G

most people are heartbroken and pissed along with myself and thank you guys so much for signing please keep this going and have people sign the petition and the new players campaign lets just see what davey can do against golliath cant spell but u know what im a saying

G

823 Total Signatures
heck ya were getting there keep getting the word out~

G

TTL

Why do I have the feeling so many have escaped already and given up?? Come on people, sign up at Player Campaigns and help us! We are doing it for all of US! we have great plans, great ideas, great people already, who are willing to help us out, and how we can do this. Come now, dont give up. We have NOT lost yet! Lets give EA fight to remember, lets make HEADLINES on newspaper, over the net, on the radio!
If we stick together, show them we are STRONG, show them what we have in TSO, the great community!

Dont give up!

P

princessofsh

Yay for 830 signs. COME ON People who can't let them beat us down on all the years we worked hard on this game! Come on!!!

I

imported_Spacey

Signed, cause there's nothing to lose by doing so.

C

CandyFox

People..You and I have to fight for what we believe in. I am not new here. I have been reading for along time now. But I have never posted..and now I am. And that is because, I feel strong about this petition. From my experience, this is a landmark for virtual worlds. If I am wrong, please let me know. We need to protest in a mature fashion, and this is it. Not by bad language or slandish behavior, but by letting EA know in a mature fashion that there are alot of people that desire the continuation of EALand. They have a good thing going! Corporate allowances maybe the key factor here, but if enough people protest..things can happen. If enough people can sign this petition, this could actually sway their final decison. No promises, but what can it hurt to sign and help out? I am Candy Fox in Ealand, I am not hiding..because I do feel strong about this. And like Niki said..if more people would be positive about the changes..this would be an encouragment..not a discouragment for the dev or corporate heads. If someone always told you how bad you were doing ..would u like it? In my humble opinion, I think this had alot to do with their decision on closing EAland. Like I was taught...if u don't have something nice to say..don't say it. In this case, if you don't have something construtive to say..then don't say it. In my case, I don't know much about programing, so I can not judge. All I know is, that the Dev were making a wonderful world for alot of people and were working hard at it too. I can't speak for everyone though! If you feel as strong about this as I do..sign the petition! What can it hurt??? You have the statisfaction of at least trying then. NOW is the time to speak out !!! SIGN the petiton..make EAland a Virtual World of today !