• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Save the Game: Player Campaigns

G

It won't work, unless we all agree to pay like $40 a month per account, and even then, no one would.

R

Roger Wilco

Anti-sign.

It's been dead for years, burying it is long overdue.

I

imported_Founder

They already have 107 signatures at the time of this post...

G

<blockquote><hr>

They already have 107 signatures at the time of this post...

[/ QUOTE ]

Still won't save the game. The game is in the red which means it doesn't make enough money. So, signatures aren't going to help.

G

cmon guys dont lay down and take this help us save this game! Doesnt mean that we cant try and gives an incentive for someone else to buy it and expand on what our devs were trying to do! ~never give up hope~

S

Stikswifey

if you are that disappointed with the game than why still play??? let us that want to keep playing save the game and keep your signature off the list.... and than let's see who shows up if/when the game is saved.....I am sure you will be one of those sims ready to play once again.

G

Because again, read my posts.

SIGNATURES will NOT save the game.

The game does not make enough money. Period.

G

Not being negative, k thx. Just trying to let you all know that if you think this is going to work you are in for a big disappointment.

I'm looking out for you all cause I don't want you all teary eyed when you find out it doesn't work.

G

at this point we dont care we want to try what is there to loose not a dang thing but there is something to gain if it works so ... again ... type some where else and lets give this a try

H

hollythor

OHHH THEY MAKE MONEY, Luc wanted more money. MY GOD, EA is HUGE so I'm not buying that for crap. They just want to feed into the society we have today...VIOLENCE Those games like WOW and all that. It sick in my book. NOw we try to go elsewhere similar, There/second life where the graphics are weak. Prolly a bunch of "oi" speakers anyway. Depressing. I'm very hurt over this and STILL NO INFO FROM THE DEVS. So they may have been fired, or just took this game to the dumpster, who knows. They AT LEAST owe us an explanation in detail. No respect I tell ya, I gets no respect! LOL

G

Those who think and belive in this game sign it.
I for one, if this works, I will do ANYTHING to help them promote the game, at least in my own country.

I belive this is where they failed, they never promoted it enough, like the other The sims offline games were. We never heard anything of the sims online here in Norway, and theres alot of the sims fans here. It was just pure luck I found it, and I love it!!
They should try and give it one last promotion BOOST before they burry it alive.
New players werent welcomed well enough either. closing them from skill and money lots, and not letting them work, made us paying players mad and not very willing to help, cause they kept nagging on us and we not getting visitor houres for it. What should have been an idea for free players should have been like, limited skill locks f.ex, no weekly bonus, no yearly gifts, limited increasing of lot size ect...

and im sure we all could come with great ideas that could help the game!
COME ON, give it another chance!!

This cant be the end of something great!

G

<blockquote><hr>

They owe no explanation. Please consult your ToS.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why don't you just leave them alone?
What are you afraid of?

You don't want it, so you don't want anybody else to have it?
They know the risks *and* the odds - they don't need your input.

S

Shyanne1

OH yeah, $1300 is going to save the game. Come on people, what are you thinking? Like all a sudden the EA execs are going to say "gee, I didn't know how much these people liked this game" "Let's keep it open just for them!"

You are all living in a fantasy world. But you go right ahead and sign your petition if it makes you feel better.

I re-signed up in February because of a promise of Amnesty if you sign up by March 8th. I reactivated both my accounts. That's $60 down the drain. Because the payouts were so low I also had to buy money from the ATM just to be able to own property and buy the BASIC items for my house. That's another $60 down the drain. They are offering $15 friggin dollars for a pogo.com account which I just signed up for a year subscription or $15 off a game? The only game I would remotely be interested would be sims 3 and I'm not sure if I'm even going to buy that. They suck all your money out with expansion packs so that eventually the game costs you $100 or more to get the full game.

Who cares if they raise the skill level to 247%. Why not just ask for 500% or 1000%. In the end it won't matter anyway. Why ask them to give us a sandbox version when most of us already have that in Sims 1?

Here's an idea....play Sims 1 while you are talking to your friends in Yahoo. It will be like the game never ended.

G

Rather pointless don't you think? They will not sell the game. Pari stated so. Petition won't work as you were told in several responses. Not trying to bust anyone's bubble, EA did a damn fine job of that on their own.

G

<blockquote><hr>

OHHH THEY MAKE MONEY, Luc wanted more money. MY GOD, EA is HUGE so I'm not buying that for crap. They just want to feed into the society we have today...VIOLENCE Those games like WOW and all that. It sick in my book. NOw we try to go elsewhere similar, There/second life where the graphics are weak. Prolly a bunch of "oi" speakers anyway. Depressing. I'm very hurt over this and STILL NO INFO FROM THE DEVS. So they may have been fired, or just took this game to the dumpster, who knows. They AT LEAST owe us an explanation in detail. No respect I tell ya, I gets no respect! LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me the graphics in Second Life are 10x's better. How can one compare a 2d world to a 3d world. And at least in Second Life they have translators that make it much easier to talk to those that don't speak English.

M

Mick Travis

I think it's going to take A LOT to convince EA to keep running TSO. They probably anticipated all the disappointment and took that into account when they made their decision.

Still, no harm in trying, of course. However, a loose idea for a plan B struck me... if EA can't be made to continue themselves, maybe they MIGHT be talked into letting somebody else take it over. If the game makes money but just not enough for EA to be interested, it might be possible for some people with smaller expectations for profits and a love for the game to make it at least feasible.

It would probably have to involve a contract with clauses about company secrets and stuff like that... should be thought through thoroughly. As I said, just a loose idea for now.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think it's going to take A LOT to convince EA to keep running TSO. They probably anticipated all the disappointment and took that into account when they made their decision.

Still, no harm in trying, of course. However, a loose idea for a plan B struck me... if EA can't be made to continue themselves, maybe they MIGHT be talked into letting somebody else take it over. If the game makes money but just not enough for EA to be interested, it might be possible for some people with smaller expectations for profits and a love for the game to make it at least feasible.

It would probably have to involve a contract with clauses about company secrets and stuff like that... should be thought through thoroughly. As I said, just a loose idea for now.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's would be great idea

S

snowboarder

I just signed it, Now at 382. I know this prolly wont save the game But sign it if you LOVE the game

I

imported_Danny Dots

I'm defiantly going to go sign that.

Most likely it will not do anything but who knows what can happed

G

keep signing guys its getting higher like danny said who knows stranger things could happen!

J

jammybob

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
What are you afraid of?

[/ QUOTE ]

completely agree, and some of us would pay $40 a month if they brought the original game back to us.

J

jammybob

<blockquote><hr>

heck im payin 50 now whats the difference?

[/ QUOTE ]

Think he was refering to $40 per account

I

imported_eggchick7

Me too position 451, I hope everyone signs, it will achieve community spirit and make a statement if nothing else..I would do anything to save TSO/EALand...anything!

I

imported_Starrfoxx

I'll sign it, but I think we are whipping a dead horse here. Honestly, I think we should focus our efforts into salvaging the TSO objects/skins/wallpaper/tile/roofs and getting them into our Sims 1 games. It would be a loss to lose all of that.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I'll sign.

It never hurts to try.

(I was #533!!)

G

Just checked it today 615 signed!!! woot!! even if it doesn't work or help that is still pretty amazing!!!

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

I'll sign.

It never hurts to try.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. If nothing else, the petition will serve as a testament to how many players cared about the game.

K

krazykara

#625 woot!

Who knows? It could work. Not ready to give up hope yet.

I

imported_Armonia

I signed it but I still can't play the game. I don't know why but since the announcement I have been so depressed they are going to close it. I can only hope that they see this petition. What are you going to do with the petition? Maybe send it to Will Wright? otherwise if no one sees it, it won't matter.

G

I signed it at #620... maybe if we did send it to Will Wright, and anyone else who loves the sims.
I have been playing this since 2003 and want to have the smallest amount of hope to try to save it.... ***wonders if we start TSO conventions if it would draw attention and revenue for the game****

I

imported_Jessie Taylor

I agree, signing can't hurt it might work and at least we will have tried. Besides, its wonderful to see how many people are signing that say they care about our world. Think how many more there are out there that aren't signing. Its not such a small world after all.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
What are you afraid of?

[/ QUOTE ]

completely agree, and some of us would pay $40 a month if they brought the original game back to us.

[/ QUOTE ]

I already pay $60 a month for my accounts and seriously, if EA had of raised the cost of accounts to $15.00 a month and given out the 2 week trials instead of setting up free accounts it probably would have profited a little bit better. After they brought in those ATM's, cut payouts drastically and then raised the prices in the catalog to the Neman Marcus level, I seen this all coming. The only economy that EA was really wanting to pan out was that of EA's. This whole mess is about financial failure and I really think that the towel has been thrown in permanently. I would sign a dozen petitions if I thought it would bring this game back. I've been here for nearly 6 years and alot of the people here feel like my real family. It's going to be hard to let go of it all. Maybe if we campaigned and negotiated with EA to pay more for accounts it might perk their ears a bit. The petition is a nice gesture but unless it comes with a dollar sign on it, I don't think EA will give it a 1st look.

G

I agree, we should send this petition url to the main EA offices, to the big bosses, the "suits" and to the big man; Will Wright.

We should all write a letter we could send.
and if everyone would agree on paying more each month for this game to keep it alive and see all the new changes that we were suppose to get.

If they just raised the price to 12.99? or 14.99? it wouldent be such a big change to one single person like us, but to the company, it would make a BIG financial difference.

Im just saying all this, cuz I really dont wanna see such a good game, with such a great bunch of devs, and such a great communite fall to the ground

Maybe im not being realistic, but right now, i dont care, i wanna do everything to save it

G

i was in city hall yesterday pari said theyd have to raize it to 50.00 a month in order to keep it going per account ... no one wants to pay that but i would pay 20.00 to 25.00 an account if they would keep updating the game and keep it running