• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sarah Palin

• Thread starter monnie101
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

monnie101

What's the deal on this woman? I admit I don't know enough about her but she is being made a laughing stock everytime they get her talking. She sounds like she has a combination of ADD and nervousness. The worst thing for her is when some of this mosgynists tv anchors attack her the most. She seems nice but she is often evasive in answering questions. She also seems to get lost in what she's saying and people look at her with a boogled look. I think she is even worse then Bush when it's comes to speaking. She has this bad habbit of speaking and suddenly stopping like shes putting on the breaks in a car every 3 seconds.

Is she just a bad speaker or is she really not knowledgeable? Sincere question, I'm trying to be opened minded here. McCain obviously was trying to scoop up the women votes.

Here are some video examples of how unintelligible she can be:

CNN Laughs It Up Over Sarah Palin Interview[/]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeMypXCUWMw

Sarah Palin Holds Forth on Bush Doctrine, Pakistan[/]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z75QSExE0jU&feature=related

Jack Cafferty Tells Us How He Really Feels About Sarah Palin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8__aXxXPVc&feature=related

She should really take a tip from some of the most powerful speakers in history, and train in public speaking and communication. I can relate, I have ADD and chronic fatigue and always been made fun of for how I talk but I've been listening to some self help audio and reading. It helps a lot. They tell you not to umm and ahh, and say that a silence stop is better and it seems like she tries to do that but in a weird way. Like she's stopping too late. As if she is in a car applying the break badly every few seconds.

One comment I read and agreedy with,
"she never admits shes wrong, she just talks around in circles its painful to even listen to."
She's like the female version of Bush, in terms of speaking skills.

I did read about the Bridge and the "Road to Nowhere" which really makes her look bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoXbg8bZvEw

With all the lies and slanderous commercials being thrown around by popular candidates, it seems like a bunch of immature kids in highschool running a Miss Popularity contest. With candidates associating with celebrities just for popular votes. McCain, Obama, instead of sticking to important issues, these people as well as the mainstream news, are just throwing virtual mud at each other. I remember Ron Paul being like the more mature older man standing in the middle trying to talk about the serious issues but no one listening, all you could hear is the kids screaming which were Obama, Hilary, and McCaine at the time.

It seems like people are just voting for who is the least worst now. Most people don't even know that their are more candidates then just Obama and McCain

A

Atlantian

All she is is a former beauty queen and has no Idea what she's talking about! And it is so obvious she has no business being in any type of political office.

L

Lord Urza

She is what you see of her, She is evasive because answering the questions truthfully would be damaging to her campaign, She is not knowledgeable when it comes to relevant matters in this elections, she is dishonest either out and out lying or distorting the truth to suit her. And she has absolutely been a double edged sword for MCcain, she helped out the ticket so much for the first couple weeks, but the past couple she has been damaging them greatly.

On a positive note I would like to get together with her and lay some pipeline.

A

Atlantian

lol They need to put her and Elizabeth Hasselbeck in the same room together and let them hash it out.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my opinion she's nothing than somebody's bad idea for a publicity stunt. The VP debate made it obvious she had no idea what she was doing, she basically just kept spitting out the same talking points she was given to fall back on. Half the time she just flat out ignored the questions and went on blathering about something completely off topic.

I think it was her looks and inexperience that got her picked by McCain. He wanted someone who'd create a buzz for him (this is where her looks come into play), yet someone who didn't know enough about what they were supposed to be doing so they could be easily controlled.

But I agree 100% with Monnie101, she's the female version of Bush, in terms of speaking skills.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hum, one would read this thread and think they can VOTE for the VICE PRESIDENT, independently of the President.

What a truly weird belief. :)

One would think that Joe Biden was convincing people to VOTE FOR HIM AS VICE PRESIDENT regardless of who they voted for for President.

But hey, it is easy and fun to mock, denigrate, demean, treat as a sexual object some one that can not realistically defend them selves from the peanut gallery court room. The Arm Chair Couch Potatoes that WILL NEVER TAKE THE RISK TO DO ANYTHING EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE TO THOSE THEY RIDICULE. No they will sit in their nice, snug, secure Couches and Ridicule those that DO. They can do this because those that DO have paid the PRICE FOR THEM TO BE ARM CHAIR PUNDITS, eating their Pablum feed to them by the Media seeking to elect the next President.

How much fun it must be to ridicule some one for doing their job, in the context of a Vice President Candidate, to GET THEIR PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE ELECTED.

How many of you are going to go to Vote for a Obama and Palin OR McCain and Biden? MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA reall such a weird belief of how things are done. :)

Now one can hear the little sexually activated kiddes here, regurgitate the democratic pablum of Oh she is hurting the Republicans.

In another thread I said this about those that are terrified with fear, "They whistle in the dark as they pass by the Grave Yard".

The Democrats have every reason to very very very afraid of McCain-Palin as they are Hades bent on making it a slam dunk for the Republicans for the 3rd presidential election in a row.

The Democratic strategy, Ok Listen up troops the American Voters are Morons, All we need to do is Skin President Bush and stick it a Sekeleton and name it McCain, the American Voters are such morons they will believe every thing we tell them.

We do this because we can NOT FIND ANYTHING WRONG WITH McCAIN, so we MUST PAINT HIM AS PRESIDENT BUSH RUNNING FOR A 3RD TERM.

We are TERRIFIED OF Sarah Palin, so we will YELL AT THE TOP OF OUR LUNGS WHAT A SEX OBJECT SHE IS, WHAT A MORON SHE IS, HOW TOTALY INEPT SHE IS.

We will YELL at the top of our lungs how SHE built a ROAD TO NO WERE, even though when the facts are on the table SHE DID NOT, it was funded, contracted and being administrated BEFORE SHE WAS ELECTED. We can bank on the American VOTERS BEING MORONS AND NEVER FIGURING OUT THAT THE ROAD NEEDED TO BE BUILT BEFORE THE BRIDGE COULD BEGIN. We WILL NEVER tell them that the local's are GLAD THE ROAD IS THERE AND USE IT ALL THE TIME.

Yes WE THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY WILL SAY WE ARE FOR CHANGE BUT EVERY THING WE DO IS BASED IN THE PAST.

We will say the opponent is NOT AN INSTRUMENT OF CHANGE, we can bank on the fact that the American VOTERS ARE MORONS and belief the lies we tell about our opponent, sighting the EXAGERATIONS of the Current Administrations Policies.

WE know the American Voters are such MORONS that they will believe us when we say that the current economic problems are 100% the doing of the Evil Republicans, that they are such MORONS that they will never understand that We, the Democratic Party DECLARED WAR ON THE REPUBLICANS, that we TOLD THE REPUBLICANS THAT ANY LEGISLATION THEY INITIATE IS DEAD ON ARRIVAL BEFORE IT IS EVEN STARTED. They are such MORONS that they will NEVER FIGURE OUT, THAT WE, THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY, HAS BEEN RUNNING THE CONGRESS FOR THE LAST 6 YEARS, BLOCKING EVERY SINGLE THING THE REPUBLICANS DO.

Rest assured Democratic Droogies, Bots, what ever, the American VOTERS are MORONS. Tell them anything you want.

--------------

Yes indeed the Democrats have every reason to be TERRIFIED, they have NOT learned how to win the White House.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How much fun it must be to ridicule some one for doing their job, in the context of a Vice President Candidate, to GET THEIR PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE ELECTED.
If Palin's job is to get McCain elected, she's not doing a very good job of it in my opinion. I am a democrat, and have been for as long as I have understood how government worked. It doesn't matter who McCain has running with him, I don't agree with the man's policies and beliefs, and therefore I won't vote for him. Peroid. It's not because I'm afraid of him or Palin. It's because I don't think their views and goals are what would be in the best interests of the country.

A

Atlantian

If Palin's job is to get McCain elected, she's not doing a very good job of it in my opinion. I am a democrat, and have been for as long as I have understood how government worked. It doesn't matter who McCain has running with him, I don't agree with the man's policies and beliefs, and therefore I won't vote for him. Peroid. It's not because I'm afraid of him or Palin. It's because I don't think their views and goals are what would be in the best interests of the country.
Well said! I too am a life long democrat.

I am a Democrat, proud and true to my party. And to show I have no ill will towards Republicans, I'll hug your elephant and you can kiss my ass.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If Palin's job is to get McCain elected, she's not doing a very good job of it in my opinion.
Yes, that is an opinion, your opinion as you say. It isn't like it is unbiased or anything now is it :) I mean you made it clear that no Republican can say anything you will ever agree with. :)

Kind of Like Nancy "I declare war on Republicans" Palosi and Cronies Murta and Senator Reid.

The fact that you choose to ignore the real evidence suggest you are both very afraid of them and / or have your head firmly in the ground and handing the White House to the Republicans once again.

Interesting to see you, by your silence, agree with your fellow Democrats that Sarah Palin is only qualified to be some sex toy.

Convenient how you dismiss, that she had to work to undo the moron work of Obama, lineing the pockets of the Oil Companies and in the Democratic way of a Circle Jerk, gets his own pockets lined, to get the Oil resources back in the hands of the people and have them get a share of the profits.

Convenient how you dismiss, that she has shepherded the Natural Gas Pipe Line to the Lower 48, gosh enough NG to run our cars on, if we convert them over as the Gas Companies have.

You know, the moron that is only qualified to be a sex toy, that you agree with by the fact you do not disagree with your fellow democrats. :)

Funny how this moron that is only qualified to be a sex toy, has turned the fortune of 5 states that had been Obamas, 2 now are in the McCain camp, above the margin of error, 1 is a tie and 2 are within the margin of error, still in the Obama Camp. And gosh that is only after 2 weeks of her being turned lose to campaign.

You have every reason to be very very very afraid.

On the other hand, you could learn from why you lost the last 2 presidential elections. You could get your head out of the hole you have buried it in and accept you are pitted against an aggressive, highly intelligent, highly motivated opponent. An opponent that clearly knows what Strategy is, unlike Obama.

*Shrug*

Or you can keep your head in the hole you have buried it in and keep on repeating the Democrats Mantra, "Mine Enemies are morons and I all I need to do is keep believing the American Voters are morons", and hand the Republicans the win. Make sure you stop in at that bought and paid for by the Democrats, FactChecking.org or what ever their web address is, for your daily fix of lies and deceit.

L

Lord Urza

[/QUOTE] Or you can keep your head in the hole you have buried it in and keep on repeating the Democrats Mantra, "Mine Enemies are morons and I all I need to do is keep believing the American Voters are morons", and hand the Republicans the win. Make sure you stop in at that bought and paid for by the Democrats, FactChecking.org or what ever their web address is, for your daily fix of lies and deceit.[/QUOTE]

Your absolutly rediculous.

But to get straight to the point. DEMS are winning and your doing the same thing mccain is, scrambleing for the win, and sounding erratic while doing it.

The last leg you all have to stand on has been kicked out from underneight you and you about to hit the ground very hard.....I hope it hurts

A

Angus MacGregor

Hum, one would read this thread and think they can VOTE for the VICE PRESIDENT, independently of the President.

One would think that Joe Biden was convincing people to VOTE FOR HIM AS VICE PRESIDENT regardless of who they voted for for President.

Actually, it's more along the lines of looking at the person who has the very real possibility of moving up from VP to the big chair. You don't think it's worth taking a very close look at the VP candidate?

McCain is a very old guy with a history of health issues. If he wins and keels over, Palin steps up. It's worth considering. If Obama wins, he'll be America's first black President. It's a very real concern that some sicko white supremacist group will try and take him out. And if that happens, Biden steps up.

I think that this election, almost more than any other, we need to take a much closer look at who the VP is going to be. A Dan Quayle is not going to fly this time around.

A

Atlantian

"quote" Kind of Like Nancy "I declare war on Republicans" Palosi and Cronies Murta and Senator Reid.

You seem to be hung up on Palosi. You should watch another news channel besides fox. Maybe you can see what is really going on in the world. And why does it always seem that republicans are like bible thumpers? If you don't believe their way then you are going to hell! Face it, the repubs screw up the economy every time they are in office and the dems have to come in and fix it! The repubs were the reason we had the depression and they did it again now.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, it's more along the lines of looking at the person who has the very real possibility of moving up from VP to the big chair. You don't think it's worth taking a very close look at the VP candidate?

McCain is a very old guy with a history of health issues. If he wins and keels over, Palin steps up. It's worth considering. If Obama wins, he'll be America's first black President. It's a very real concern that some sicko white supremacist group will try and take him out. And if that happens, Biden steps up.

I think that this election, almost more than any other, we need to take a much closer look at who the VP is going to be. A Dan Quayle is not going to fly this time around.
Or is short, we can not find anything wrong with McCain and he is clearly the best Presidential Candidate, so we will instead focus the rhetoric on the Vice President, because *Wink* you know McCain will die the day after he is inaugurated.

I refrain from pointing to the obvious Flip Side of that absurd rational as it would be just as absurd to say Well we need to make the presidential vote exclusively about Biden vs Palin, I mean we all *Wink* know that the elected president will die the day after he is inaugurated.

How far will the Democrats go to try to find something they can actually defeat, while burying their keeping their head in firmly planted in the hole they have placed it in.

BUT lets have some humor, lets show the sexist poster(s) for exactly what they are.

The big stick I will beat the crap out of you with.

Its Name is "Theodore Roosevelt"

You want to pursue the *caugh* sexist position that Sarah Palin is NOT qualified to be Vice President? Fine I am going to beat you senseless with the above stick.

You want to pursue the *caugh* sexist position that Sarah Palin is NOT qualified to be Vice President based on the regurgitated Democrat Lies, Deceit and Pablum? Fine I will deal with that as well.

YOU have a serious problem, IF THE REPUBLICANS are as STUPID, INCOMPETENT AND HATED as you say, then WHY ARE THE DEMOCRATS LOSING/IN A TIE?

Get a clue, you keep sending the message "Americans your morons and YOU WILL BELIEVE WHAT WE SAY", you keep making the issues about anything and everything you can fabricate as LONG AS IT IS NOT JOHN McCAIN, then yeah you will lose the White House Hands Down for the 3rd Time.

A

Angus MacGregor

Or is short, we can not find anything wrong with McCain and he is clearly the best Presidential Candidate, so we will instead focus the rhetoric on the Vice President, because *Wink* you know McCain will die the day after he is inaugurated.

I refrain from pointing to the obvious Flip Side of that absurd rational as it would be just as absurd to say Well we need to make the presidential vote exclusively about Biden vs Palin, I mean we all *Wink* know that the elected president will die the day after he is inaugurated.

How far will the Democrats go to try to find something they can actually defeat, while burying their keeping their head in firmly planted in the hole they have placed it in.

BUT lets have some humor, lets show the sexist poster(s) for exactly what they are.

The big stick I will beat the crap out of you with.

Its Name is "Theodore Roosevelt"

You want to pursue the *caugh* sexist position that Sarah Palin is NOT qualified to be Vice President? Fine I am going to beat you senseless with the above stick.

You want to pursue the *caugh* sexist position that Sarah Palin is NOT qualified to be Vice President based on the regurgitated Democrat Lies, Deceit and Pablum? Fine I will deal with that as well.

YOU have a serious problem, IF THE REPUBLICANS are as STUPID, INCOMPETENT AND HATED as you say, then WHY ARE THE DEMOCRATS LOSING/IN A TIE?

Get a clue, you keep sending the message "Americans your morons and YOU WILL BELIEVE WHAT WE SAY", you keep making the issues about anything and everything you can fabricate as LONG AS IT IS NOT JOHN McCAIN, then yeah you will lose the White House Hands Down for the 3rd Time.
Hmm.. you post that as if I had actually said anything negative about John McCain or Sarah Palin. Heck, I don't think I've even gone so far as to say anything negative or positive about any of the candidates.

You like to assume a lot, don't you?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The fact that you choose to ignore the real evidence suggest you are both very afraid of them and / or have your head firmly in the ground and handing the White House to the Republicans once again.
I'm not ignoring anything. I have stated that I don't agree with their policies and beliefs.

Interesting to see you, by your silence, agree with your fellow Democrats that Sarah Palin is only qualified to be some sex toy.
You assume too much, and don't put words in my mouth.

Convenient how you dismiss, that she had to work to undo the moron work of Obama, lineing the pockets of the Oil Companies and in the Democratic way of a Circle Jerk, gets his own pockets lined, to get the Oil resources back in the hands of the people and have them get a share of the profits.

Convenient how you dismiss, that she has shepherded the Natural Gas Pipe Line to the Lower 48, gosh enough NG to run our cars on, if we convert them over as the Gas Companies have.
There's more issues involved in this election than energy and oil companies. In my mind the war is a bigger issue at this point, and so far as I have seen, McCain and his camp aren't even thinking about withdrawing. Also, in regards to what Obama has said and done, I don't recall saying that I agree 100% with everything. That is certainly not the case. Everyone has their faults.

On the other hand, you could learn from why you lost the last 2 presidential elections. You could get your head out of the hole you have buried it in and accept you are pitted against an aggressive, highly intelligent, highly motivated opponent. An opponent that clearly knows what Strategy is, unlike Obama.

*Shrug*

Or you can keep your head in the hole you have buried it in and keep on repeating the Democrats Mantra, "Mine Enemies are morons and I all I need to do is keep believing the American Voters are morons", and hand the Republicans the win. Make sure you stop in at that bought and paid for by the Democrats, FactChecking.org or what ever their web address is, for your daily fix of lies and deceit.
Maybe it's just me, but I read a lot of anger and condescension in your post. I'm sorry if you don't agree with me and my beliefs, but after the last 8 years I am very skeptical that another republican in office could actually make things better. Even if I wasn't a Democrat, I hear more direct answers about what's going to change from Obama and his camp. But all I hear from McCain is a lot of finger pointing and vague half answers.

That being said, I'm heading off to other threads and not wasting any more time here. Good luck, and may the best canidate win.

A

Atlantian

sarah palin is a joke! She is a smartass that has no facts. "when I was mayor" get real! the town had what? 1500 people? lol
She is a gov of a state that has less then 700,000 people. The city I live in has more people than that in it's suburbs! Get real! That woman is nothing more than a beauty queen! And what's up with the fake canadian accent? She's insulting Canadians!

A

Az of DSR

EnigmaMaitreya watches alot of bill oreilley i bet...

The republician voters arent morons, they are crazy. 30-40% of them think the invisible man wants them to vote republician to save the world from queers and to make sure incest and **** babies get born.... Some dems call that a moron, but im nice I know they are just insane crazy. ( =

Palin is crazy, McCain is not.... He doesnt talk to invisible people. BUT... he picked a crazyass who does and is kinda ignorant about the world outside of alaska. But it doesnt matter, in a month she will go home and hunt moose, mccain will be a senator like he should be, and Obama will be the new Jesus for you crazy people and take us to the motherucking promise land !!!!

Welcome to the jungle biatches

U

UltimaSword

The republician voters arent morons, they are crazy. 30-40% of them think the invisible man wants them to vote republician to save the world from queers and to make sure incest and **** babies get born.... Some dems call that a moron, but im nice I know they are just insane crazy. ( =

Palin is crazy, McCain is not.... He doesnt talk to invisible people. BUT... he picked a crazyass who does and is kinda ignorant about the world outside of alaska. But it doesnt matter, in a month she will go home and hunt moose, mccain will be a senator like he should be, and Obama will be the new Jesus for you crazy people and take us to the motherucking promise land !!!!

best post ever.

L

Locker

Engima seems to think that if it spouts enough Fox n00z talking points that it will end up in a sandwich with Palin and Ann Coulter... which... to be honest... isn't that far fetched seeing as that's what turns them both on.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, in all fairness, you were replying to me, and threw out the word "you" a lot.

Seems kinda easy to assume it was directed at me.
And yes it would be, but that is not really how one debates, now is it.

Aside from the very rare occasion, I do not, as in never, reply to the person that makes the post, that tends to be pointless (as in it does NOT help meet the agenda) and can easily be construed as a personal attack.

The word "you" can be defined as describing a group, a gestalt. When I use the word "you", 99% of the time it is a "Group/Gestalt" that is being referred to.

Because you is both singular and plural, various English dialects have attempted to revive the distinction between a singular and plural you to avoid confusion between the two uses. This is typically done by adding a new plural form; examples of new plurals sometimes seen and heard are y'all, or you-all (primarily in the southern United States and African American Vernacular English), you guys (in the U.S., particularly in Midwest, Northeast, and West Coast, and in Australia), you lot (in the UK), youse guys (New York City region, Philadelphia, Michigan's Upper Peninsula; also spelt without the E), and you-uns/yinz (Western Pennsylvania, The Appalachians). English spoken in Ireland, known as Hiberno-English, sometimes uses the word ye as the plural form, or yous (also used in Australia, however not the form ye). Although these plurals are useful in daily speech, they are generally not found in Standard English. Among them, you guys is considered most neutral in the U.S.[1] It is the most common plural form of you in the U.S. except in the dialects with y'all, and has been used even in the White House.[2]

You is also unusual in that, being both singular and plural, it has two reflexive forms, yourself and yourselves. However, in recent years singular them self is sometimes seen: see singular they.
There is the side benefit of communicating this, If YOU think the shoe fits, then YOU are part of the YOU I speak of, but not singled out as an individual. Conversely, if YOU do NOT think the shoe fits, then YOU are NOT a part of the YOU I speak of.

It does of course drive the kiddies nuts as they really do think they are of value/relevant and the things they say and the questions they ask are of course the absolute most relevant things ever thought of by mankind.

Giving them the belief that a question/statement on their part constitutes an emergency on my part to answer them.

Which of course is only true in their arrogant minds and tells me they have NO clue about how to debate, what a debates goal is and who is important in a debate (hint they do NOT exist).

A

Angus MacGregor

And yes it would be, but that is not really how one debates, now is it.

Aside from the very rare occasion, I do not, as in never, reply to the person that makes the post, that tends to be pointless (as in it does NOT help meet the agenda) and can easily be construed as a personal attack.

The word "you" can be defined as describing a group, a gestalt. When I use the word "you", 99% of the time it is a "Group/Gestalt" that is being referred to.

There is the side benefit of communicating this, If YOU think the shoe fits, then YOU are part of the YOU I speak of, but not singled out as an individual. Conversely, if YOU do NOT think the shoe fits, then YOU are NOT a part of the YOU I speak of.

It does of course drive the kiddies nuts as they really do think they are of value/relevant and the things they say and the questions they ask are of course the absolute most relevant things ever thought of by mankind.

Giving them the belief that a question/statement on their part constitutes an emergency on my part to answer them.

Which of course is only true in their arrogant minds and tells me they have NO clue about how to debate, what a debates goal is and who is important in a debate (hint they do NOT exist).
You certainly have a... unique view of the world.

I'll bow out of the thread at this point. Arguing politics or religion on an internet forum is an exercise in futility, anway. Everyone is always right, and anyone who disagrees with them is always wrong. There is rarely anything remotely resembling common ground.

Toodles.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You certainly have a... unique view of the world.

I'll bow out of the thread at this point. Arguing politics or religion on an internet forum is an exercise in futility, anway. Everyone is always right, and anyone who disagrees with them is always wrong. There is rarely anything remotely resembling common ground.

Toodles.
*Shrug*

On the other hand an anonymous dialogue can be had on any subject, if the participants are informed about why they have their views and can actually articulate the why.

Or in short, saying ones view is .... well childishly easy, backing them up ... well now then that may require one to not be a bot.

But of course if they believe they are going to personally change the other persons view, well .... what a waste.

A Parting thought

Qui tacet consentit is a Roman maxim, meaning silence implies consent. If someone does not speak up against something, this implies that one agrees.

They are of your ilk, not mine, your silence on their representation of your party, most certainly implies your consent.

This gives the reason that this is true, "For Evil to succeed, only requires that good people do nothing".

U

UltimaSword

See when I post my views and what side I am on I am not really trying to transform anyone. So I could care less about posting information to back me up. if anyone finds my views interesting they could use google. Not my issue.

:gun:
:drama:

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
See when I post my views and what side I am on I am not really trying to transform anyone. So I could care less about posting information to back me up. if anyone finds my views interesting they could use google. Not my issue.

:gun:
:drama:
QFTW

L

Locker

If any of you are curious as to why Enigma seems to follow the same loop of screaming off-subject, right wing propaganda at folks while ignoring any information contrary to his ranting the following quote from him in this thread might shed some light:

One should always remember this is the Internet, it is an anonymous environment, were one is free to say / claim anything they want and can never prove or disprove anything they say or claim to have done.

One can readily identify a "Cult" follower, no matter what incarnation that "Cult" takes.
Obviously the UO forums are the place for him to exercise these believes as a dyed in the wool member of the "Cult of O'Limbaugh".

*DISCLAIMER: This information was posted for entertainment purposes only and is not an acknowledgment that the cult of O'Limbaugh actually exists.

A

Az of DSR

best post ever.
lol

L

Lord Urza

I can say one thing for EnigmaMaitreya he makes alot more sense then sarah palin.
which all be it isnt saying much ...I think everyone has to at least give dude that.

Sarah Palin = Dumm

P

Pennywise

What I find suprising is the amount of cruelty expressed toward her by people who really know nothing of her. I suppose that is the measure of the threat she poses to those who always thought the first woman to break the last glass ceiling would be of own their personal biases and advocations.

I thought cruelty was my genre.

As for now, how about Penny fer Prez! I promise to beat all of you regular as you deserve....local video news coverage of my blossoming online started campaign is at the link below.

http://www.tsgnet.com/pres.php?id=370617&altf=Qfooz&altl=eb1Dmpxo

L

Lord Urza

I haven't seen where anyone have been cruel towards her, she is the one who was just found in violation of her states ethics act.

She is the one inciting people are her rally's to the point of screaming things about Obama such as "Terrorist" and "Killem".

In a county with a history of assassination...I think it is cruel of her and Mccain to guide the election threw this cruel back alley of politics, and potentially raise the risk to Senator Obama's Life.

P

Pennywise

It never ceases to amaze me how both sides in the two major parties cast a blind eye to what they say and do.

From the very moment of her nomination, the attack dogs came out. There is no need to list them all here. It is boring.

The simple fact is, neither of the two main clowns running, the majority in Washington, or those who posts in forums galore could stand in her shoes.

As for the ethics violation. For god sakes, she removed the commissioner because he was "old boy" who wouldn't fire a trooper who was drinking beer on duty and reading porn in his patrol car on more than one occassion, and who knows what else he wasn't caught for...jackin' off maybe while watchin' school crossing zones? After all, she's got to knows her bruders in laws better den most, but I surely couldn'ts says.

Courage meez cowardlys lions! Courage.

L

Lord Urza

If you call stateing facts attacks perhaps....i personally dont,

She makes claims like how she said "thanks but no thanks" when that isnt true, while never mentioning the road to nowhere that was to be connected to this bridge that WAS BUILT, and now sits up there with rarely a single car ever on this very very large very expensive road....an utter waste of tax money.
She didnt mention facts like that tho the bridge never got built the money didnt get returned, it got redirected into another project of hers.

I just never seen many times where she was attacked that i thought was out of line.
fact checking = attack ? No not at all thats a public service.

Besides look at the not malicious attacks coming from her and her supporters.....for god's sake a man was heard yelling the "N Word" at a black news worker.
Mccains campaign took a very stark turn for about a week there....but if your watching the news today you heard Mccain trying to flip the scrip saying "You dont have to fear Obama becoming president" "This is a good man, this is a family man"

Remember that word that got thrown around alot last election .....FLIP FLOPPER

Which is it....Obama is buddy buddy with terrorists......or he is a good man, a family man?

The mccain camp doesnt seem to have there message together very well. There over here, over there, back over here...and i dun even know where.

P

Pennywise

I invite you to look at your own post, and what you are saying.

Within its context, is the anger. And yet, I am the angry clown, but only in play.

I like her, because others, so many others, do not. I like fighting for the underdog, guess I always did that.

We must think beyond ourselves at this most important time.

The world is changing.

It can be filled with those who love liberty, and love itself. Or, it can be filled with oppression and division.

It is unfortunate that Sarah Palin was chosen to run with a man where she can not be herself.

She is governor of a state where she is more popular than any other in our country.

Her state, if an independent nation, would rank economically in the top 20 in the world, despite its population.

If the resources her state has were sold at OPEC prices, within the top 14.

Her state, like no other, is half owned and controlled by the lower 48. No other state would accept or tolerate this. In effect, they are slaves, feeding the rest of the nation.

Sarah will go back to Alaska. Obama may be president...over a nation that will struggle.

Meanwhile, Sarah will lead a state not in recession.

As a successful business man, and one who will not suffer through these times, but in fact prosper even more, unfortunately, I would drink beer and eat moose stew with her any day of the week over all the other clowns in the running, or those that support them.

Perhaps it is time to visit again, the constitutionality of whether the federal government can keep states within the union. Perhaps a dissolution would best keep the future peace. With those who would vote themselves into others pockets going one way, and those who believe in doing for ourselves, going the other.

Pro Matria!

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Taken from the findings

Although Walt Monegan's refusal to fire Trooper Michael Wooten was not the sole reason he was fired by Governor Sarah Palin, it was likely a contributing factor to his termination as Commissioner of Public Safety. In spite of that, Governor Palin's firing of Commissioner Monegan was a proper and lawful exercise of her constitutional and statutory authority to hire and fire executive branch department heads.
"was not the sole reason he was fired"

Unsubstantiated by any evidence. 100% pure political attack.

"it was likely a contributing factor to his termination as Commissioner of Public Safety"

Clear admission there was NO EVIDENCE and this was 100% politically motivated.

L

Lord Urza

"I like her, because others, so many others, do not. I like fighting for the underdog, guess I always did that."

THOSE SEEM LIKE AWSOME REASONS TO SUPPORT A POLITICIAN.

"We must think beyond ourselves at this most important time."

Absolutly, and do what is best for the nation as a whole.

"It can be filled with those who love liberty, and love itself. Or, it can be filled with oppression and division."

LIKE MCCAIN AND PALIN,

"She is governor of a state where she is more popular than any other in our country.

Her state, if an independent nation, would rank economically in the top 20 in the world, despite its population."

HER STATE ALLSO HAS ONE OF THE SMALLEST POPULATIONS OF ANY IN THE USA, AND WOW SHE LUCKED INTO GETTING ELECTED IN A STATE THAT HAS A WEALTH OF NATURAL RECORCESS, AND MORE IMPORTANTLY A BREATHTAKING ENVIROMENT THAT WOULD BE PUT AT RISK IN REAPING THOSE RECORCESS

Sarah will go back to Alaska. Obama may be president...over a nation that will struggle.

Meanwhile, Sarah will lead a state not in recession.

Penny I respect you within out shards community, and i have no doubts your a very capable buisness man, but alot of better buisness men are saying Obama's plans are best for the economy as a whole.

P

Pennywise

Again our choice is between one man man who wants more of the same, and the other who wants more and more of the same.

And again, the time has come, for us to part ways. The United States of America has seen its time.

Let those that wish to vote themselves into others pockets go one way, and those who wish to do for themselves go the other.

That is the choice. The time has come, by your own words, advocating the platform of those who would oppress the others who do not believe as you do.

Liberty first. After all, the United States of America declared independence from Great Britain for much less.

I suppose, for a retired soldier such as myself, and business man, the sadness is liken to Aetius, the last Roman centurion and general, as he defeated Attila at Cholons, in France. Though he fought all his life for Rome, he knew, even in victory, that the empire was at an end.

So here be the feelings of the same.

The next few years will be an interesting time to live. Who fights for liberty?

I choose liberty. I will surrender all that I have for that, and take up arms if necessary once again for that idea.

L

Lord Urza

Iv been forecasting that our rule as the world great superpower is drawing to a close for many years, for more years then someone my age is usually knowledgeable of such things.

If for the last 8 years this country had reinforced its ( what was ) a strong economy.
and focused inward on growth and development, I believe these days right now would have been some of the best in America's history as far as wealth and prosperity go.

Its one of those things, you come to a crossroad, and have to choose a path....and once you have started down the path of your choice.....you never know what awaited at the end of the path not chosen,

America's best chance for hope is NOT to choose to continue down this same path, and at least switch paths for just 4 years.

I was a Clinton supporter in the primaries, and didn't really care for Obama.....much because of my bias towards the Clinton's.
and in part because....I didn't know enough about Obama...he was as new to me as anyone...a lot of people embraced that newness as being something good. since then however Obama has grown on my more then i could have ever imagined, and though i cant say he inspires awe in me......the awe he inspires in others inspires and excites me..........I am personally so very taken by how much people belive in him and want to make a change with him....I belive in those people and want to make a change with them. sounds like a ripple effect? I surely to God hope so!!!

P

Pennywise

And there it is left.

As a retired army officer, a prominent member of the Republican Party, and a successful businessman, or some say, I confess the end.

We are left with two countries, unreconciled. Neither will give way.

Let those of us who wish liberty and freedom go our way. Let those who would vote to take from the pockets of others go their way. Without arms, I bid them well.

Yet, I know, as you do, that those who would live to vote into the pockets of others, the force of arms will be employed to harm those of us who only wish for liberty and freedom.

Again, the next few years will be interesting.

It is my hope, that liberty will prevail.

And, to topic, in Alaska, Sarah Palin encompasses that.

Pro Matria!

A

Az of DSR

Pennywise call it what you want. But if you make more money you should pay more taxes, you are a greedy clown.

Part of the reason we left england and declared indepence is the romantic idea of liberty and freedom for everyone.... but I think it was funded in part by greedy buisness owners like you who cant make enough money and dont want to do there civic duty and pay there share of taxes. Obama will make it more fair, McCain will allow you to stay greedy.

If you make more then 250,000 dollars a year be afraid, karma and the power of the executive branch is gonna come down on you and the fat days are over. Prepare to diet like the rest of the 95% of Americans.

GREED IS UGLY, SHARING MEANS CARING.... lol

( =

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Iv been forecasting that our rule as the world great superpower is drawing to a close for many years, for more years then someone my age is usually knowledgeable of such things.
...complete misguided reguretated democratic pablum.
"Iv been forecasting that our rule as the world great superpower is drawing to a close"

Get a clue, you make it perfectly clear you have NO IDEA what was said.

How could you when

"for more years then someone my age is usually knowledgeable of such things"

You are so full of your own perception of being a Legend in your own mind.

You don't even realize he recognized you for what you are and has dismissed you.

You have NO CLUE what was meant when it was said that those that choose to live on the works of others is one group and those that chose to live by their own work is another. You have NO CLUE that these two groups extend to Canada as well.

But what could be expected, your head is so far in the hole you have placed it, chanting how your a Legend in your own Mind, that it would be impossible to hear, let alone think, anything but your own chant.

The Democrats declared Political War on the Republicans (Hello Nancey Pelosi, Murta, Reid) and you do NOT have a clue that what they/YOU are doing is POLARIZING the Super group and MANDATING a change beyond YOUR COMPREHENSION.

M

monnie101

Part of the reason we left england and declared Independence is the romantic idea of liberty and freedom for everyone.... but I think it was funded in part by greedy business owners like you who cant make enough money and don't want to do there civic duty and pay there share of taxes. Obama will make it more fair, McCain will allow you to stay greedy.

If you make more then 250,000 dollars a year be afraid, karma and the power of the executive branch is gonna come down on you and the fat days are over. Prepare to diet like the rest of the 95% of Americans.

( =
I don't like Obama much, though I am a Democrat before I'll ever be a Republican, I like his proposal on taxes. People under $250k etc. I personally think they should tax the hell out of millionaires and billionaires.

Look at those rappers and other artists who spend thousands in one night at the club drinking ridiculously expensive alcohol and such. That's just very sad. If I had that much money to throw around, I'd rather go into a store and buy $5,000 of toys and videos, (donate it to the gamers charity) so they could buy toys for the kids in Hospitals who need them to make their stay less painful. Especially the Children's hospitals with dying kids. Spending thousands on Alcohol in a nightclub like that almost seems like a slap in the face to struggling people.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those of you who seem to think that the wealthy aren't paying their "share" of the tax burden, chew on this. It's from "The American" and was published in Dec. 2007. If I see one more word about how the 'evil rich people' don't pay their share, I'm gonna vomit!

What income group pays the most federal income taxes today?

The latest data show that a big portion of the federal income tax burden is shouldered by a small group of the very richest Americans. The wealthiest 1 percent of the population earn 19 percent of the income but pay 37 percent of the income tax. The top 10 percent pay 68 percent of the tab. Meanwhile, the bottom 50 percent—those below the median income level—now earn 13 percent of the income but pay just 3 percent of the taxes. These are proportions of the income tax alone and don’t include payroll taxes for Social Security and Medicare.

But didn’t the Bush tax cuts favor the rich?

The New York Times reported recently that the average family in America with an income of $10 million or more received a half-million-dollar tax cut, while the middle class got crumbs (less than $100 shaved off their tax bill). If we examine the taxes paid in a static world—that is, if we assume that there was no change in behavior and economic performance as a result of the tax code—then these numbers are meaningful. Most of the tax cuts went to the super wealthy.

But Americans did respond to the tax cuts. There was more investment, more hiring by businesses, and a stronger stock market. When we compare the taxes paid under the old system with those paid after the Bush tax cuts, the rich are now actually paying a higher proportion of income taxes. The latest IRS data show an increase of more than $100 billion in tax payments from the wealthy by 2005 alone. The number of tax filers who claimed taxable income of more than $1 million increased from approximately 180,000 in 2003 to over 300,000 in 2005. The total taxes paid by these millionaire households rose by about 80 percent in two years, from $132 billion to $236 billion.
__________________________________________​

On an end note... I spent only 15 mins. googling "What states have the best economies". Guess which ones are doing better? If you said "the ones with lower tax burdens"? Ding ding. Good answer. I will NEVER vote for someone who plans to raise social security taxes, capital gains tax, corporate tax and death taxes. Noone has a right to more of anyone's income. Your only right is to get your butts up in the morning, go to work and make a decent wage. If you choose not to do this, don't complain. My husband and I are middle income people and we're happy with that. We chose not to put in 60-80 hour weeks just so we could have a higher income. If someone does choose this, you give me ONE good reason why they should be punished. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that any of you in favor of higher taxes would be screaming like a stuck hog if you won the lottery and had to pay those higher taxes.

P

Pennywise

( =
Yes. Greed is ugly. Since time immemorial, a few humans have dominated others, even enslaved them, stating it was for their own good, often convincing enough of the mob that it was all common well-being.

The creation of the American state changed all of that, where the right to own property and to be secure in one's person is fundamental.

Sharing does mean caring. You are at liberty to share with who you please. I am at liberty to help who I desire.

Voting ones way into others pockets however, is not sharing. It is stealing. There is no difference between taking from others by use of government guns and holding up a liquer store with a revolver. Each is the same act.

As for paying taxes, only 55 percent of us do. For the rest either pay none, or get it all back in one way or another, and even more by way of services, roads, protection, welfare, social security entitlements, or student loans and grants.

Your greed is what is obvious. Even more telling in your own words is the seething hatred. To think, that free people would ever think of giving a government more of what they worked harder, smarter, and longer for when that government is simply managed by someone like you.

That would not be caring to do so. That would be stupid.

You possess the attitude of the very person that robs the local bag lady for spare bottles, or even your own mother's purse, believing she should share as well, simply because you are the stronger in that situation. Or, maybe because you are pissed at her for not breast feeding you longer into your toddler years, thus the pain of abandonment that is now playing itself out in this adolescent agnst you are displaying with mixed glee.

I take it you don't have a job, or don't like the one you have?

Please tell me if you are a young adult, you still don't live with mom.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. Greed is ugly. Since time immemorial, others humans have dominated others, even enslaved them, stating it was for their own good.

The creation of the American state changed all of that, where the right to own property and to be sucure in one's person is fundamental.

Sharing does mean caring. You are at liberty to share with who you please. I am at liberty to help who I please.

Voting ones way into others pockets however, is not sharing. It is stealing. There is no difference between taking from others by use of government guns and holding up a liquer store with a revolver. Each is the same act.

As for paying taxes, only 55 percent of us do. For the rest either pay none, or get it all back in one way or another, and even more by way of services.

Your greed is what is obvious. Even more telling in your own words is the seething hatred of anyone that might work harder, smarter, and longer than you do to prosper.

The attitude of the very person that robs the local bag lady for spare bottles, believing she should share as well, simply because you are the stronger in that situation.
This. A thousand times this.

I make about $20k a year (and go to school but that's not really germaine to the topic) and I would never think that someone who's doing better than me should give me anything, unless he damned well wants to. (And when someone does pass along a little bit of niceness, I don't see myself as vindicated, or as getting what I deserve, I'm absolutely grateful and do my best to pay them back in whatever way I can manage.)

P

Pennywise

The Democrats declared Political War on the Republicans (Hello Nancey Pelosi, Murta, Reid) and you do NOT have a clue that what they/YOU are doing is POLARIZING the Super group and MANDATING a change beyond YOUR COMPREHENSION.
Very discerning reader, you are...

Yes, we are at war. Yet, unfortunately, many do not realize it. But, they will.

L

Lord Urza

EnigmaMaitreya if i really cared what you have to say or what you think, Id just turn on fox news and get your opinions at the same time you gain them.