• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SA Loot Drops, Their Sources and Uses

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*looks at "slith's eye" off a regular slith that wandered into the crossfire while hunting boura*

They do exist! Hmm ... it would appear that perhaps all the new Tel Mur critters have some sort of artifact-rarity drop on them?

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any use for Stygian Dragon Head? I just realized the two peerless bosses (dragon and Medusa) has very little reward to offer. The Medusa's blood is little desired.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any use for Stygian Dragon Head? I just realized the two peerless bosses (dragon and Medusa) has very little reward to offer. The Medusa's blood is little desired.
Medusa's blood is used by alchemist's to craft Elixer of Rebirth, used for rezzing dead pets. If you have no need of the Elixer, you could probably sell it to someone who PvPs. You can also gather scales from Medusa, dead or alive, using a bladed weapon to use to make Gorgon lenses for the next time you fight her.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've updated the list in the first post to include what's known so far about Publish 61 changes for crafting some of the imbuing ingredients or collecting from other sources.

D

Drawde2

Haven't verified it, but someone reported getting a delicate scale while fishing.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like Draconi's promise has come true. Nice work!

(And just got my second set of crystal shards while lumberjacking. Skill is only at 93.2 and not using corroded axe.)

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

After spending several hours in the Clan Scratch (basic ratman) spawn Friday Oct 9, I can confirm (at least on LS) that the drop rate is for the whole cavern and NOT split up between the clans as I got several of each of the imbuing/unknown items that spawn in the area.

Also seems that the drop rate for the items have been increased quite a bit and that the second ratman wave (the stronger of the two before the renowned) seemed to drop more often, but that may be due to the fact that the spawn bumps VERY QUICKLY between the lesser and greater ratmen (and less quickly from the greater ratmen to the renoened) so that may skew the results.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After spending several hours in the Clan Scratch (basic ratman) spawn Friday Oct 9, I can confirm (at least on LS) that the drop rate is for the whole cavern and NOT split up between the clans as I got several of each of the imbuing/unknown items that spawn in the area.
Yes, that's the feeling I had before Publish 61 as well, but had never consciously kept track.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spent a few hours in there and just did the easiest ratmen (scroungers) by the wolves, cycled three or four times and got abyssal cloth, crystalline blackrock, that ground glass stuff, delicate scales, something else. Pretty much everything you can get there I think.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found another quest giver in the Royal City who gives imbuing ingredients as a reward. I found him way up in the NW corner of the city. His name is Sliem the Fence. He promises to reward you with a valuable imbuing ingredient if you give him one crystalline blackrock and two perfect emeralds.

I did the quest three times and each time got a nice little black box labeled, "Essence Box" (it looks like the boxes some of the blackrock infected monsters dropped) with one Essence in it and nothing else. Two times the essence was Essence of Direction and the other time it was Essence of Diligence. Each time, my character also earned 75 loyalty points.

Blackweb

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did manage to mine up one single piece of crystalline blackrock today, in Tel Mur, outside of the guard zone. It is still going to take forever to make those mining gloves with mage armor!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone knows for what the Claw of Slasher of Veils is used for?
I have no idea what it's for. I would like to add it to the list, however. Can you confirm this was loot on the corpse of the Slasher? Did you have to use a bladed weapon on the corpse to get it?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The claw of the slasher was an artifact style drop (direct to pack) from one of the top damagers against the Slasher.

As for uses, I don't think it has one.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to point out that the general theme of the SA loot is a huge improvement over the ML loot, which is basically stuff like lady mel's used feminine hygiene products or used snotrag of the grizzle. Totally gross stuff. I don't mind bloodless body parts, but seriously, sweat of paroxymous? Maggots? TAINT??? :talktothehand:

Thimblepixie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Picked up 3 Delicate Scales from a little fishing in Trammel today (deep water just outside Bucs Den, tho I don't suppose it matters), so they're not just spawning in Ter Mur. Haven't checked on Trammel Mining/Lumberjacking drops yet.

B

Busters

anyone know what medusa blood does?? you get it from her, but did not know if it has any kind of affect or is just for looks

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
anyone know what medusa blood does?? you get it from her, but did not know if it has any kind of affect or is just for looks
alchemy reagent (mortar and pestle->heal->elixer of rebirth : resurrects a pet without need of a veterinarian)

R

Radix

is there any list of uses (imbuing mods wich need it) for each essence? and for anything, something like DCI << needs reliq f. + ruby (b.e) + ...?
And, even better, with overall prices in the market for all these imbuing regs?

Thks.

G

guum

Found another quest giver in the Royal City who gives imbuing ingredients as a reward. I found him way up in the NW corner of the city. His name is Sliem the Fence. He promises to reward you with a valuable imbuing ingredient if you give him one crystalline blackrock and two perfect emeralds.

I did the quest three times and each time got a nice little black box labeled, "Essence Box" (it looks like the boxes some of the blackrock infected monsters dropped) with one Essence in it and nothing else. Two times the essence was Essence of Direction and the other time it was Essence of Diligence. Each time, my character also earned 75 loyalty points.
Hard not to lol at that a little. I'm guessing that the devs don't realize that the turn-in mats are worth more than the reward ones.

Not to beat a dead horse, but can the level 1 spawn in Cavern of the Discard *please* start dropping the imbuing ingredients appropriate to that spawn, just like the level 1 spawn does in every other mini-champ?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suspect it's a case that the devs are creating the puzzle pieces to allow people to transform reagents of one type into items of another type so if one reagent proves more popular than another, there will be a way to convert the stockpiles rather than just having them collect dust.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I can confirm daemon claws from the "a worthy proposition quest" did it 3 times got 3 daemon claws

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did Sliem the Fence quest 4 times in a row. The reward was 4 times a Essence Box with each time a different essence in it as reward.

T

Traveller

Tina, about crystal shards, my lumber-in-training dropped his first one at 57.5 lumberjacking (withotu corroded hatchet).

R

Radix

With 57 you can not get anything but wood, i gmed a hardcore lumberjack and until 95-100 never got a miserable bark. Since SA came out, i had chopped several hours getting much of the typical fungi, bark, switches and plants, ¿¿¿but crystal?? never. I need wood so i continue chopping, i will look for crystals xD

devs changed the lumberjack yesterday, or you have hallucinations ;)

T

Traveller

Since SA came out, i had chopped several hours getting much of the typical fungi, bark, switches and plants, ¿¿¿but crystal?? never. I need wood so i continue chopping, i will look for crystals xD

devs changed the lumberjack yesterday, or you have hallucinations ;)
I could say the same to you... :) I raised lumberjacking from 25 to 75 yesterday and starting from 57 I got a consistent drops of crystal shards (about 5 raising lumberjacking from 57 to 75), but no other drop.

The next question is obvious: have you been lumberjacking in Ter Mur?

If the answer is "yes" this opens up another scaring question. Maybe the chance to get a drop of other stuff _reduces_ your chances to get crystal shards? Actually I noticed that my chances to get crystal shards with a 75 lumber are much higher than the chances of my 105 miner to get crystalline blackrock. Maybe the chances to get a special drop stay the same, changing only the type of drop? A bit worrying...

R

Radix

Nothing! I have been chopping at several locations near Termur capitol city, and got wood, oak, barks, fungi... like always.
Where did you go to lumberjack? Are you gargoyle? Have you 'something' out of common on your char?
Did you go party and drink a lot that night?? xDD

btw, my 105 hardcore miner, i think, got the wonderfull huge quantity of 1 crystaline blackrock, but 250 ecrus lol ^^

T

Traveller

Nothing! I have been chopping at several locations near Termur capitol city, and got wood, oak, barks, fungi... like always.
Where did you go to lumberjack? Are you gargoyle? Have you 'something' out of common on your char?
1)Ter mur, trees south of the moongate.
2) No, human.
3) I don't think so. It's actually a "deposit" char that i use to store skills that do not fit on my other chars, or to train new skills. Currently it had tactics, anatomy, archery, fencing. The only important difference from yours seems that I don't drop any barks or fungi.

Did you go party and drink a lot that night?? xDD
Nope, I have gotten consistent drops in several days. About 1 or 2 crystal shards per hour of chopping woods.

btw, my 105 hardcore miner, i think, got the wonderfull huge quantity of 1 crystaline blackrock, but 250 ecrus lol ^^
There is something seriously amiss here... In a mining session of about two hours my human miner gets about 10 perfect gems, but about two crystalline blackrock. While the drop rate of crystalline blackrock is painfully slow, I drop at least one crystalline blackrock per session.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I did manage to mine up one single piece of crystalline blackrock today, in Tel Mur, outside of the guard zone. It is still going to take forever to make those mining gloves with mage armor!
I went mining in Ter Mur with 1 Prospectors tool, 6 gargoyle pickaxes and 1 sturdy shovel (200 use). Human character.

By the time the tools ran out, I had gotten 5 crystalline blackrock (none of which were from the elementals I dug up, strangely enough, since they are also supposed to be loot on them now as well).That's 5 in approximately 900 digs, with 100 skill (no gloves). I mined from the Moongate area, counter-clockwise (in relation to the gate), going down to the river cliffs after leaving the rocks by the steps, and working my way up to those two raised plots that have their own stair access.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • Delicate Scales - Cavern of the Discarded creatures (Abyss) - Use Best Weapon Skill property. Can also drop in backpack while fishing in Ter Mur. (Need confirmation of minimum skill requirement to fish up this item.)
Not sure if this helps or not, but I just fished up a set at 88.7 fishing west of moonglow in tram.

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2 things i have no clue about...
So can anyone tell me anything about..
Wood Pulp

Acid Popper.

Thanks
Lord Sir Scott

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the wood pulp comes from a cook turning bark fragments(junk you get from lumberjacking) into pulp and then you use a scribes pen to turn pulp into blank scrolls.1 pulp equals 10 blank scrolls

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I don't know if you are still collecting info or not, but I thought this was interesting due to the location. Last night I got a Crystalline Blackrock with my sampire in the Yomatsu Mines in Tokuno. It was on the corpse of a normally spawning Dull Copper elemental I killed. My sampire is just that... not a bit of mining on him and this was not in any part of the new SA lands. I wasn't looting all of the corpses until I happened upon this. I'm going to keep looking now and see if I find anything else.

-OBSIDIAN-

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know if you are still collecting info or not, but I thought this was interesting due to the location. Last night I got a Crystalline Blackrock with my sampire in the Yomatsu Mines in Tokuno. It was on the corpse of a normally spawning Dull Copper elemental I killed. My sampire is just that... not a bit of mining on him and this was not in any part of the new SA lands. I wasn't looting all of the corpses until I happened upon this. I'm going to keep looking now and see if I find anything else.

-OBSIDIAN-
Oh that is interesting...maybe someone can do some more research on different locations? There's that shadow ele farther down in yomotsu and then there are some DC elementals in Shame level 2...not sure where else they spawn. Veeeeery iiiinteresting!

J

Jermosh

Oh that is interesting...maybe someone can do some more research on different locations? There's that shadow ele farther down in yomotsu and then there are some DC elementals in Shame level 2...not sure where else they spawn. Veeeeery iiiinteresting!
I get 5-6 an hour farming the Shadow Ele with my Ele Hunter, plus a ton of shadow iggies.

P

Principessa

I just did the Sliem quest where I needed two perfect emeralds and one crystaline blackrock. My reward was an Essence Box with an Essence of Order in it.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Treefellow Logs

Killed a "Treefellow Guardian" - lost karma, and they have lots of HP! Found 24 normal log stack and a stack labeled "2 Treefeloow Logs" in bright Orange?

Future hi-tier quest items?

I killed total of 3 - only found the 24 liogs on other two...

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Treefellow wood is for a 3rd tier Zosilem quest. They just added the actual treefellow guardians to the game before xmas.

S

Stupid Miner

Re: Treefellow Logs

Killed a "Treefellow Guardian" - lost karma, and they have lots of HP! Found 24 normal log stack and a stack labeled "2 Treefeloow Logs" in bright Orange?

Future hi-tier quest items?

I killed total of 3 - only found the 24 liogs on other two...
Edit: Found the answer: "They spawn in the north east part of ter-mur just before the desert area" -Storm

Treefellow Guardian:
Locations: Northern Forest areas (Ter Mur), Especially the Kepetch/Silver Serpent area to the Right of the Volcano.
-Dismount
-Mystic: Including Bombard, Hailstorm, and Nether Cyclone, Wildfire, Purge Magic
-Positive Karma
Loot: 20-35 Logs, High Level Mystic Scroll, Treefellow Wood(11/34)
Uncarveable
Animate: Wailing Banshee

Wolfman1604

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[*]Crystal Shards - Cavern of the Discarded creatures (Abyss) - Damage Increase and Spell Damage Increase properties. Can also drop in backpack while lumberjacking in Ter Mur. (Confirmed at 83.2 lumberjacking skill with no use of corroded axe.)
I am an elf and play on siege...I had a drop at 80.6 skill

J

jfkeach

Okay, what is the deal with undamaged undead gargoyle horns? I tried killing undead gargoyles in the Tomb of Kings and they didn't drop them. I tried killing the undead gargoyles in the Medusa's lair and they didn't drop them. I even killed the lava versions in the mini-champ area and they didn't drop them. So does anyone know where they drop from?

The reason I ask is because they are needed for Zosilem's 'The Brainy Alchemist' quest. She wants 10 of them. But I can't even find 1! :wall:
I got a couple from Undead Gargoyles in Medusa's lair. Got the horn and medallion there.

Lightning 1

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
undead guardian at entry level of the tomb is where I got one untranslated tome, I think. But only one time in hundreds of slain guardians.

B

bjornef

only stuff i want to find is a supremly acc undestructable vanq thats a katana

Lightning 1

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok. Dull Copper Elementals.
25 Crystalline Blackrock in 2 hours.
If only those darned earth elems and warriors would stop interfering.

Lightning 1

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uh oh. Maybe I should have kept it to myself. I think some DEV read the note and changed it. The rate is now a lot less. Still up to 5 or 6 an hour. That's a lot easier than the gargoyle underworld or Rat men or whatever.

Perhaps the reason I managed to gather so much is that the Dull Copper Elementals never stop coming. The moment you eliminate the last one, a new one spawns in the tunnel. If you don't die, it's a comparatively fast way to gather crystal blackrock.
:gun:

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Orange? It figures! Nasty little dudes. And they probably only give up their fur if the conditions are just perfect.

Guess it's time to perfect the art of being kepetch bait.
There are five color of fur. Highland, Lowland and Ruddy each have their color. The Kepetch that spawn East or West side of the map are different colors for 5.

Might also want to point out if not mentioned the pottery fragments can be used to make the gorgon lense dust.

There is also the ability for crafting to make some ingredients. Both the Alky Ichor and the Vitroil are broken still. Bottle of Darkglow Poison is not the Darkglow Potion that is asked for.

I have gotten a tomb off a servant that spawn with the wyvern.

Seems any rare ore eli has chance for the CBR (yet to check Ilsh Dulls). Ones mined up have CBR as loot and the Val Eli like 90%+ chance. I only run Combat miner in garg lands. I do a nice loop mining East of the Abyss enterance.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Orange? It figures! Nasty little dudes. And they probably only give up their fur if the conditions are just perfect.

Guess it's time to perfect the art of being kepetch bait.
There are five color of fur. Highland, Lowland and Ruddy each have their color. The Kepetch that spawn East or West side of the map are different colors for 5.

Might also want to point out if not mentioned the pottery fragments can be used to make the gorgon lense dust.

There is also the ability for crafting to make some ingredients. Both the Alky Ichor and the Vitroil are broken still. Bottle of Darkglow Poison is not the Darkglow Potion that is asked for.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
" Might also want to point out if not mentioned the pottery fragments can be used to make the gorgon lense dust. "

WOW! I will def try that out! The Peerless dust is far too hard/expensive to use...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great tip regarding the additional use for Anciety Pottery Fragments!

Also, I've updated the master list. Not sure I caught everything though, so please post if you see anything that's inaccurate or missing. Thanks.