• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Roleplaying] Good citizens of Sosaria

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"I have heard rumor that the vile Shadowlords have created an obsidian dagger that can kill our beloved Paladins with a single blow. The magic works such evil power that the forces of good are unable to recruit replacements for the honorable deceased paladins. We cannot sit idly by while our great cities are placed under siege and our good men and women slaughtered. While the evil ones may reap some paltry silver from such despicable deeds, the true danger lies with the depletion of our protective forces. Without our loyal paladins, who will protect our cities? What are we going to do about this ye good citizens of Sosaria?"

Xanthril - Guildleader of Legions Against Wicked Sosarians

Out of character: I do not know whether the paladins are the only guards for the cities or whether the fact that a replacement will not respawn also means that they won't be replaced at server up. The post presumes <most likely erroneously> that the paladins are the sole protectors and server up does not replace them. In any event, the post is merely intended to get some insightful views -- in character preferably.

D

Dor of Sonoma

"I have heard rumor that the vile Shadowlords have created an obsidian dagger that can kill our beloved Paladins with a single blow. The magic works such evil power that the forces of good are unable to recruit replacements for the honorable deceased paladins. We cannot sit idly by while our great cities are placed under siege and our good men and women slaughtered. While the evil ones may reap some paltry silver from such despicable deeds, the true danger lies with the depletion of our protective forces. Without our loyal paladins, who will protect our cities? What are we going to do about this ye good citizens of Sosaria?"

Xanthril - Guildleader of Legions Against Wicked
Well said, good sir!

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Xanthril - Guildleader of Legions Against Wicked Sosarians
Hail Xanthril!

Why is it that you think the Shadowlords are killing the paladins?

It has become obvious to me, by evidence of recent events, that the Shadowlords seek entrance into our lands, and that they are using their puppet, Casca, to secure their entrance. You may not know me, some do...some do not, but I can tell you this much...I have a very keen interest in these unfolding events. My family has served the throne for many generations, and now I find myself at odds with it. This is partly because my sister, Abigail LeFay was the intended heir of Lord British, but it is also because I am a citizen of Britannia.

It sounds like you and I have much in common, perhaps we should find the time to discuss this matter in more detail.

Lady Morgana LeFay - Guildmistress of the Protectors of Virtue

*OOC here - if you are interested, you can read my stories on the Atlantic section here:

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=114418 - not mine, but a good place to start
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=115141
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=121237
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=129744

I also rant a lot about Casca over there :green:

I hope you won't think me crazy, but you seem to enjoy immersion and roleplay*

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My clan's most senior warrior has decided to take up chivilry to ensure that no matter what happens, the ideals and honor of the paladins will endure.

*Lord Sergonar heads off to the garden of soulstones to clear his mind of baser tactics*

C

Connor_Graham

This is partly because my sister, Abigail LeFay was the intended heir of Lord British,
I'd have to see this in writing, in triplicate, with the official seal, and the document signed in blood by both Lord British, and the individual council members, or it's just another lie. :lick:

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I'd have to see this in writing, in triplicate, with the official seal, and the document signed in blood by both Lord British, and the individual council members, or it's just another lie. :lick:
Good luck getting anything in writing these days, much less with an official seal. Casca has seen to that personally. I am not telling you what to do Connor, but I strongly suggest that you do not take our new "King" at face value.

What gain would there be for me to lie to you? Those who knew our father, Greyson LeFay - the Worden of Skara, before he died, knew that our family was of noble lineage. This is why Lord British took my sister as his Ward. It was out of respect for my father, who died defending Lord British's kingdom. It was an honorable thing that he did, and honor is something we find little of in these dark days.

C

Connor_Graham

Good luck getting anything in writing these days, much less with an official seal. Casca has seen to that personally.
If this claim to the throne had been made by Lord British himself, then Casca wouldn't have been around, and Lord British himself would have had the declaration written up and signed. Since it's obvious you don't have the declaration, then you and/or your sister are not heirs to anything.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

If this claim to the throne had been made by Lord British himself, then Casca wouldn't have been around, and Lord British himself would have had the declaration written up and signed. Since it's obvious you don't have the declaration, then you and/or your sister are not heirs to anything.
There never was a declaration. Lord British was well aware that Abigail was too young. In fact, he went to great lengths to hide her away at the Conservatory, in order to protect her from usurpers, like Casca.

Why would he proclaim her to be his heir, officially, before she was ready? This would only have made her a target.

I did not understand his motives at the time, but Lord British loved my sister like she was his own, and me too, for that matter. He knew that I could never be confined, and taught to be a lady of the court. I was too old, too wild. But not Abigail, she was still young enough to learn to be proper, and to deal with matters of state. It broke his heart to send her away to the Conservatory, but he did what he had to do to protect her.

And now, we see Casca doing exactly what Lord British feared. He has done away with the council, he has proclaimed himself king, and he has forged an alliance with the dark forces that seek to enter our world.

In these dark times, Sosaria needs a ray of light...a ray of hope. And there has never been a brighter light in our world, than Abigail LeFay.

P

pallas

In these dark times, Sosaria needs a ray of light...a ray of hope. And there has never been a brighter light in our world, than Abigail LeFay.
Where are these 'bright lights' you speak of? So we are to trust the Kingdom to an alleged heir whose right are dubious and perhaps even more murky than Casca himself? I say thee nay.

If Casca has proved anything it is that ANYONE can lay claim to the throne. I would not follow someone merely by the WORDS they say... in these war torn days, ACTION ius a far suitable way to prove ones worth.

C

Connor_Graham

Oh I don't know about that.

My Lantern Acquired by Begging puts off a pretty darn good light.

Also, forgive me if I fail to trust anyone from the LeFay brood. They've proven themselves to be on the wrong side of things in the past, many times over.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Also, forgive me if I fail to trust anyone from the LeFay brood. They've proven themselves to be on the wrong side of things in the past, many times over.
You speak of distant ancestors. My father, for example, was a very honorable man. I know that in the past, my family has done things that we are not proud of, but that was long ago. I do not take offense, because I understand the perception...but you have to look at now, not what was generations ago.

P

pallas

You speak of distant ancestors. My father, for example, was a very honorable man. I know that in the past, my family has done things that we are not proud of, but that was long ago. I do not take offense, because I understand the perception...but you have to look at now, not what was generations ago.
... and who is to say that the pendulum will not once again sway towards the darkness?

Again, actions are what will endear you to people. Anything less will be dismissed.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Xanthril!

Why is it that you think the Shadowlords are killing the paladins?
Hail, m'lady. I have investigated reports and found them to be true. Witnesses described the paladins being struck down in one mighty blow. Mighty magic indeed.

It has become obvious to me, by evidence of recent events, that the Shadowlords seek entrance into our lands, and that they are using their puppet, Casca, to secure their entrance. You may not know me, some do...some do not, but I can tell you this much...I have a very keen interest in these unfolding events. My family has served the throne for many generations, and now I find myself at odds with it. This is partly because my sister, Abigail LeFay was the intended heir of Lord British, but it is also because I am a citizen of Britannia.

It sounds like you and I have much in common, perhaps we should find the time to discuss this matter in more detail.
The Shadowlords not only seek entrance into our lands but domination of them as well. I have not heard these tales of your sister, but I regretably must admit that I share your doubts about Casca. I have no proof regarding him but I will keep a wary eye on his actions. For the moment, however, the Shadowlords are taking a more significant share of my watchful eyes, ears, and every sense that I possess. Sources have informed me that the Shadowlords have scheduled a meeting . . . I'm sure that no good will come of it, and that the good people of Sosaria must be ready to step up, and fight as one against the dark forces.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My clan's most senior warrior has decided to take up chivilry to ensure that no matter what happens, the ideals and honor of the paladins will endure.

*Lord Sergonar heads off to the garden of soulstones to clear his mind of baser tactics*

You are a good man Lord Sergonar. I will be honored to fight by your side.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... and who is to say that the pendulum will not once again sway towards the darkness?

Again, actions are what will endear you to people. Anything less will be dismissed.
The young elven paladin Xanthril listens intently to the conversation between Morganna and Connor -- seeing valid points from each. "Pallas is correct. Actions speak much louder than words. We cannot forget history, but must be able to accept that prior bad acts from generations ago do not make someone from our age bad. Let our actions speak the truth in our hearts. Let us take up arms against those who would usurp our ways and bring evil to our lands. Let us do this before it is too late to act. I fear that as we speak, precious time ticks away, giving the Shadowlords precious seconds to put their evil plan into play.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Hail, m'lady. I have investigated reports and found them to be true. Witnesses described the paladins being struck down in one mighty blow. Mighty magic indeed.
I did not mean to imply that perhaps they were not attacking paladins. I suppose I could have chosen my words more wisely. What I meant to ask is, what motivation do you suppose they have for doing so?

The Shadowlords not only seek entrance into our lands but domination of them as well. I have not heard these tales of your sister, but I regretably must admit that I share your doubts about Casca. I have no proof regarding him but I will keep a wary eye on his actions. For the moment, however, the Shadowlords are taking a more significant share of my watchful eyes, ears, and every sense that I possess. Sources have informed me that the Shadowlords have scheduled a meeting . . . I'm sure that no good will come of it, and that the good people of Sosaria must be ready to step up, and fight as one against the dark forces.
Indeed, the Shadowlords need to be watched, and carefully, but I submit to you that you cannot watch the Shadowlords and their agents, unless you also watch Casca.

Indeed, the time is nigh for the people of Sosaria to band together against this evil. The Protectors of Virture will be there, fighting to ensure that our world is safe from this threat. And perhaps the gentleman above said it correctly...it is actions, rather than words that matter. Soon, we will discover where every citizen stands.

S

siyeng0

Oh, come now, what did that poor elf ever do to you? Can anybody prove that he's done any of the things that people keep throwing wild accusations at him about? No. Just let him enjoy his reign of terror and our taxes in peace. Don't make me start making in-character posts or by the god you'll regret it.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did not mean to imply that perhaps they were not attacking paladins. I suppose I could have chosen my words more wisely. What I meant to ask is, what motivation do you suppose they have for doing so?
"Motivation? At its core, it is a thirst for power that motivates their actions. Taking out our protectors, is but just one step to weaken our defenses. The more our defenses weaken, the easier it becomes for our adversaries to defeat us."

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then it would seem that you need to discover for yourself where you stand.
The elvish paladin chokes back a laugh at the retort. "Ah, we all need to decide where we stand on these important issues. As you well know noble Connor, it is not necessarily your physical location that is important in this regard. At this juncture of history, it is your idealogical location that is most important. Do you stand against evil or with it, that is the question.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, come now, what did that poor elf ever do to you? Can anybody prove that he's done any of the things that people keep throwing wild accusations at him about? No. Just let him enjoy his reign of terror and our taxes in peace. Don't make me start making in-character posts or by the god you'll regret it.

A valid point good sir, but it is nevertheless wise to keep a watchful eye on one who has taken power under the circumstances that we have seen. I make no wild accusations.

<out of character> The spirit of this thread is roleplaying, so in character posts would naturally be the appropriate manner of response. Of course, no one is compelling anyone to post or to make in-character posts.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"Motivation? At its core, it is a thirst for power that motivates their actions. Taking out our protectors, is but just one step to weaken our defenses. The more our defenses weaken, the easier it becomes for our adversaries to defeat us."
I agree...but why the Paladins? Specifically? Why not the guilds? Why not the Royal Guards?

There is more to this than the elimination of protection.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
*forms from the mist and shadow where he's been lurking * As for me... I stand in the shadows... watching... *desolves back into the shadows*

Malag-aste Hla-ate

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree...but why the Paladins? Specifically? Why not the guilds? Why not the Royal Guards?

There is more to this than the elimination of protection.
"I view the Paladins as upholding the virtues. Destroy them, you may destroy hope. Destroying hope brings victory ever closer. Guilds are more diverse in general than my view of our Paladins. As for the Royal Guard, perhaps there is tie to your suspicions of Casca. I know not all the answers, but action by us is needed, and soon!"

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"I view the Paladins as upholding the virtues. Destroy them, you may destroy hope. Destroying hope brings victory ever closer. Guilds are more diverse in general than my view of our Paladins. As for the Royal Guard, perhaps there is tie to your suspicions of Casca. I know not all the answers, but action by us is needed, and soon!"
The wheels are already in motion. The Protectors of Virtue stand ready. Would it interest you to know that my sister is a Paladin? I do not believe this is why Casca sends his drow assassins after Abigail...that is more politically motivated. But it does bring up the question: What is the role of the Shadowlords in all of this? Are they merely hunting all Paladins? Or is this a broad approach because they cannot put hands on Abigail? Is this at Casca's request? Or is this part of a grander plan?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Connor is leagues away from me...... unfortunatly he's not on the same shard... Sad as that is... as I'm sure we'd get along fine...
Well maybe not..... Connor might be a bit put off by my race..... most tend to be... Not too many Drow on the side of Virtue... unless that virtue is Chaos...

Though I remain in the shadows..... watching the every move of the shadowlords..... and Casca... *returns to lurking*

J

Jhym

*a gentle lute plays under the speaker's voice*

So we are to accept that the guard of the realm won't defend the Paladins that live within their cities, as they would you and I?

Sounds to me as though the "True Britannians" are also against the Paladins. Unless they put their flamestrikes where their mouths are and defend all Paladins from the Shadow Lords. One could say the same of the Council and even those that sit in Trammel talking of talks they should have.

*raises an eyebrow*

As for the Lady Lafay; there are many in the realm that proclaim their sovereignity or ownership of everything except the kitchen sink in Wisp dungeon. Sadly, without clear, royal writ in your hands, there are few you will be able to sway to your side regardless of your past.

Perhaps, instead of relying upon the past that may have been, you should build a future that you and others CAN rely upon?

Just a gentle thought.

*wends a subtle tune through the strings of his lute*

S

siyeng0

The wheels are already in motion. The Protectors of Virtue stand ready. Would it interest you to know that my sister is a Paladin? I do not believe this is why Casca sends his drow assassins after Abigail...that is more politically motivated. But it does bring up the question: What is the role of the Shadowlords in all of this? Are they merely hunting all Paladins? Or is this a broad approach because they cannot put hands on Abigail? Is this at Casca's request? Or is this part of a grander plan?
My dear Lady Morgana, I fear that your overzealous renunciation of our king, as tenuous as his claim upon the throne admittedly is, may well be the death of you - and if I may be so presumptuous as to suggest this of a lady, I fear that perhaps you are too narrow-minded in your view of the current conflict. Across the shards of Sosaria, my kin and I have witnessed untold carnage and destruction - cities ransacked, villages laid to waste, thousands of lives lost and priceless histories resigned to crumbling ashes by the flames - a ceaseless tide beyond mortal comprehension, sweeping the civilised realms from my particular fragment of Sosaria to your own, and blighting all that lie between.

I confess not to know of your sister, for our history has taken a somewhat different path. A tangled mess of a path, I might say, with every individual fighting for himself; there is none of this talk of family and affiliation, and certainly there are none amidst us arrogant enough to proclaim ourselves the true long-lost heir of our dearly departed Lord British. Now, I would not like to make an enemy of you by dismissing your sister's claim to the throne, although to be frank I find that your hysterical ramblings about subterfuge and assassination attempts - an elf turning to the Drow for assistance? My dear, I think not - sound less like a historian's recount and more like the raving of some paranoiac madwoman desperate to clutch her family's last scrap of dead nobility even if it means sullying what remains of their names with her lies. No. I would not like to make an enemy of you.

But, if I may say so... how reasonable is it, my dear, to attribute this carnage - across all of the shards of Sosaria, mind you, not just the one that you and your purportedly-royal sister inhabit - to a search for a single little girl hiding from imaginary assassins in the mistaken belief that she is royalty? The Shadowlords are wiser and cleverer than that, and far more powerful. If they want your sister, they would simply duck in and snatch her away, and her soul would be lost to the abyss before anybody even had time to notice that she had gone.

No. Think what you will, if it helps you to sleep at night, but I fear that this war has a greater purpose than that - greater and more terrible. I would prefer it very much so if your version of the story were true - a single untrained noblewoman is easy to abduct under cover of darkness and sacrifice for the sake of Sosaria-wide peace and sanctuary - but, alas, it is not.

M

Mairut

*a gentle lute plays under the speaker's voice*

So we are to accept that the guard of the realm won't defend the Paladins that live within their cities, as they would you and I?

Sounds to me as though the "True Britannians" are also against the Paladins. Unless they put their flamestrikes where their mouths are and defend all Paladins from the Shadow Lords. One could say the same of the Council and even those that sit in Trammel talking of talks they should have.

*raises an eyebrow*

As for the Lady Lafay; there are many in the realm that proclaim their sovereignity or ownership of everything except the kitchen sink in Wisp dungeon. Sadly, without clear, royal writ in your hands, there are few you will be able to sway to your side regardless of your past.

Perhaps, instead of relying upon the past that may have been, you should build a future that you and others CAN rely upon?

Just a gentle thought.

*wends a subtle tune through the strings of his lute*
*Eyes open wide*
There's a kitchen sink in wisp dungeon! 0_o And nobody has claimed it!?

S

siyeng0

*Eyes open wide*
There's a kitchen sink in wisp dungeon! 0_o And nobody has claimed it!?
I henceforth declare myself the rightful owner of this kitchen sink and all items of cutlery contained therein.

M

Mairut

I henceforth declare myself the rightful owner of this kitchen sink and all items of cutlery contained therein.
*glares*
You don't have a deed signed by Lord British!....Or *smirks* what's his name...? Oh yes... Casca.

And besides, I already stole all the cutlery!

Thats right! I stole all of it.
You can have the kitchen sink if you can unscrew all 1110485490859043768973498084308599k 10 inch bolts holding it to the stone wall if you want it. Good luck to you on this, as I decided to cut my losses after the first 30...and this was after counting how many there were...

S

siyeng0

*glares*
You don't have a deed signed by Lord British!....Or *smirks* what's his name...? Oh yes... Casca.

And besides, I already stole all the cutlery!

Thats right! I stole all of it.
You can have the kitchen sink if you can unscrew all 1110485490859043768973498084308599k 10 inch bolts holding it to the stone wall if you want it. Good luck to you on this, as I decided to cut my losses after the first 30...and this was after counting how many there were...
My dear boy, I'll have you know that my sister is the rightful heir to that kitchen sink and every bit of cutlery that it contains! She has been in hiding amidst the Meer all these years because we knew in our heart of hearts that there were present, somewhere in the world, eldritch forces that desired possession of our sink and would stop at nothing - nay, not even murder most foul! - in their quest to achieve their fell goals... but now our time has come. We shall rise from our downtrodden status, amass our armies of destiny, march upon the Wisp dungeon and reclaim the sink.

...and then, my dear, it's your turn.

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We sit worlds apart. Fighting independently for Virtue and Britannia. Do you ever wonder "Do they?"

I am Lore Denin, Commander of the Order Guard, Commanding Lord of the True Britannians and Paladin of the Virtues.

Perhaps it is time to reach across worlds. The materials to make such a journey in physical form are costly and the results unpredictable. However, almost since the begining when Lord British founded the Virtue Guard(later rededicated as the Order Guard) and it was first discovered we lived in a world divided, we dedicated ourselves to the study of shardal, facet, and dimensional magic to unravel the mysterious nature of our existence. Some of our discoveries include communication across worlds similiar to the transhardal etheral scribing which we are using to communicate now. We have uncovered other more powerful magics which I dare not scribe here because the nature of this communication will not allow me to speak without revealing highly coveted material to our enemies.

If such a meeting would be of interest, I can arrange to meet you in your land. I would have to set the time and location when a "window" is open and the duration of such a meeting would be brief as the windows do not remain open long.

The Order has long dreamed of creating an Alliance of Shards where guilds and organizations work together for Virtue and Britannia from across the many worlds of the multiverse. Perhaps the time to lay that foundation is now, when darkness threatens to over run us all.

Virtue Keep watch over you and your lands,

Lore Denin, Commander of the Order Guard and True Britannian

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Citizens,

As a True Paladin of Britannia (TPB) I have long served the Creator of all Worlds, known to many as the One, and my Lord British. I was Captain of Dupre's Watch on guard that bitter night when Trinsic was besieged by that foul liche Juo'nar. Dupre suddenly felt an urgent need to seek out Joye at the Britannian Public Library, leaving me to hold Trinsic pending his return. Dupre himself completed my final teaching on the Virtues. Though my path to Paladinhood was long and bloody, since Ascension to Legendary Paladin of Trinsic, my path has remained true.

I remain full of Hope that one day Lord British will indeed be returned to us from the Void. However, until that day, Britannia needs sound governing. Many perils threaten our Realm, from without as well as possibly from within.

Every able-bodied citizen has a responsibility to prepare themselves for what comes. Some, hone their skills with weapons, some with arcane magiks, others commanding great animals and beasts, still others sewing bandages, preparing foods, and the many tasks done routinely by our citizens.

Leaders must step forward. Casca currently holds claim upon the Crown. We must discern his true intentions, and whether he is even in control of his own thoughts and actions. He failed to protect the Council. He has apparently failed to protect Clanin.

It may well be time for Baja's "leaders" to convene their own "council." It is my hope they will add their voices here upon this and other matters.

Elladan of Baja

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

My dear Lady Morgana, I fear that your overzealous renunciation of our king, as tenuous as his claim upon the throne admittedly is, may well be the death of you - and if I may be so presumptuous as to suggest this of a lady, I fear that perhaps you are too narrow-minded in your view of the current conflict. Across the shards of Sosaria, my kin and I have witnessed untold carnage and destruction - cities ransacked, villages laid to waste, thousands of lives lost and priceless histories resigned to crumbling ashes by the flames - a ceaseless tide beyond mortal comprehension, sweeping the civilised realms from my particular fragment of Sosaria to your own, and blighting all that lie between.

I confess not to know of your sister, for our history has taken a somewhat different path. A tangled mess of a path, I might say, with every individual fighting for himself; there is none of this talk of family and affiliation, and certainly there are none amidst us arrogant enough to proclaim ourselves the true long-lost heir of our dearly departed Lord British. Now, I would not like to make an enemy of you by dismissing your sister's claim to the throne, although to be frank I find that your hysterical ramblings about subterfuge and assassination attempts - an elf turning to the Drow for assistance? My dear, I think not - sound less like a historian's recount and more like the raving of some paranoiac madwoman desperate to clutch her family's last scrap of dead nobility even if it means sullying what remains of their names with her lies. No. I would not like to make an enemy of you.

But, if I may say so... how reasonable is it, my dear, to attribute this carnage - across all of the shards of Sosaria, mind you, not just the one that you and your purportedly-royal sister inhabit - to a search for a single little girl hiding from imaginary assassins in the mistaken belief that she is royalty? The Shadowlords are wiser and cleverer than that, and far more powerful. If they want your sister, they would simply duck in and snatch her away, and her soul would be lost to the abyss before anybody even had time to notice that she had gone.

No. Think what you will, if it helps you to sleep at night, but I fear that this war has a greater purpose than that - greater and more terrible. I would prefer it very much so if your version of the story were true - a single untrained noblewoman is easy to abduct under cover of darkness and sacrifice for the sake of Sosaria-wide peace and sanctuary - but, alas, it is not.
You words come as no surprise to me. Imagine telling people 'Lord British has adopted my sister...she is going to be the Queen of Sosaria" when you are but a teen yourself. The scorn, the ridicule, the rolling of eyes. Believe me, if I took offense to every person that exhibited ignorance of the situation, I would have found myself facing a vast army of enemies by now. And...even though I do have plenty of enemies, it is not because of my claim, but rather due to the reality of it.

As for my sister being easy to capture...it has been attempted. In some regards, marginally successful...but in the end, she remains safe. The Abyss holds no power over her, for she is one of unparalleled virtue and honor. Myself, I know the pains and horrors of the Abyss first hand, but those flames will never touch the fair soul of one such as Abigail.

Many find this claim outrageous, for they believe it to be some power grab, but the truth is, it is nothing more than a desire to fulfill the wishes of the one True King of our lands...Lord British.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lore Denin,

I have heard your name whispered on winds.... Read stories of your work... You and I are not so far apart... I would indeed have words with you as one of the few Knights left in the realm of Trammel.... You are welcome to come to the Council meeting this eve at 8pm under the Central stars.... these meetings still take place though less often in Compassion Grove at the Civic Center there.... Otherwise you may reach me or the other Knights of Virtue in Newcastle....

Malag-aste Hla-ate.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Originally Posted by Xanthril of LA
Guildleader of Legions Against Wicked Sosarians

Nice.
My sons and I came up with that during last year's vacation. Seemed very fitting.

As for the various posts, I must applaud most loudly. Well done, well done. I will not undertake to respond to all and have to consider my next post. The exhibited level of creativity and/or knowledge of the realms is amazing. I have to admit that I am a little short on the history of the game and events, but I will struggle through it.

M

Mairut

My dear boy, I'll have you know that my sister is the rightful heir to that kitchen sink and every bit of cutlery that it contains! She has been in hiding amidst the Meer all these years because we knew in our heart of hearts that there were present, somewhere in the world, eldritch forces that desired possession of our sink and would stop at nothing - nay, not even murder most foul! - in their quest to achieve their fell goals... but now our time has come. We shall rise from our downtrodden status, amass our armies of destiny, march upon the Wisp dungeon and reclaim the sink.

...and then, my dear, it's your turn.
Thanks for the heads-up. *winks*
Good luck with that.
Oh, I already sold all the cutlery to some folks in Luna...an elderly couple...if you hurry you might be able to catch them in time to get this "cutlery" back..

*offtopic*
Does mairut and mairu really sound that much like boys' names? 0_o I honestly don't know what to think about that. I am a bit of a tomboy though, so not too much offense taken ;-)

S

siyeng0

Thanks for the heads-up. *winks*
Good luck with that.
Oh, I already sold all the cutlery to some folks in Luna...an elderly couple...if you hurry you might be able to catch them in time to get this "cutlery" back..

*offtopic*
Does mairut and mairu really sound that much like boys' names? 0_o I honestly don't know what to think about that. I am a bit of a tomboy though, so not too much offense taken ;-)
Oh, was that you? I do apologise, my dear, I was expecting someone male. My partner and I were in Luna looking to purchase some manacles, a whip, a bed of nails (it looks simply delightful next to our grand piano!) and some more tea leaves, but when we saw that young lady hawking off her cutlery in the sandstone jungle, he started up with that, "Oh, let's purchase some of that cutlery! Let's put it in the forbidden bottom drawer and keep it for good! Let's bake some spinach quiche specifically so that we can use it! Look at those delightful wisp-made hewn-marble handles!", and I was so dejected about the apparent loss of my other set of cutlery that I simply could not resist.

...so, you see, I have - through sheer blind luck! - inherited my birthright after all. My thanks for doing business with me. Now I need only determine the location of this missing sink and victory. Will. Be. Mine.

OOC: Your characters are female? omg, I'm so sorry. D: I pretty much just assume that any name not ending with a vowel is masculine. I'm really sorry!
(Note: My character's name is Lindae and he is mistaken for female by everyone. He's been addressed non-ironically as "milady" before... while his Lord title was showing!)

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I pretty much just assume that any name not ending with a vowel is masculine.
Oh? Like Susan, Abigail, Megan, Shannon, Morgan, Sharron, etc?

Methinks thou doth protest too much.

S

siyeng0

Oh? Like Susan, Abigail, Megan, Shannon, Morgan, Sharron, etc?

Methinks thou doth protest too much.
OOC: I know. I was criticising myself for my nomenclatural* narrow-mindedness, not Mairut for daring to have a female name with a consanant on the end (and now that I reread, the character's name is actually Mairu, so don't I feel like a flaming fool! D: Also, I'm a girl and my RL name ends with -l, so my assumption was pretty much fail all around. I'm sorry!)

*I don't care if that's not a word, it's incredible!

M

Mairut

Oh, was that you? I do apologise, my dear, I was expecting someone male. My partner and I were in Luna looking to purchase some manacles, a whip, a bed of nails (it looks simply delightful next to our grand piano!) and some more tea leaves, but when we saw that young lady hawking off her cutlery in the sandstone jungle, he started up with that, "Oh, let's purchase some of that cutlery! Let's put it in the forbidden bottom drawer and keep it for good! Let's bake some spinach quiche specifically so that we can use it! Look at those delightful wisp-made hewn-marble handles!", and I was so dejected about the apparent loss of my other set of cutlery that I simply could not resist.

...so, you see, I have - through sheer blind luck! - inherited my birthright after all. My thanks for doing business with me. Now I need only determine the location of this missing sink and victory. Will. Be. Mine.

OOC: Your characters are female? omg, I'm so sorry. D: I pretty much just assume that any name not ending with a vowel is masculine. I'm really sorry!
(Note: My character's name is Lindae and he is mistaken for female by everyone. He's been addressed non-ironically as "milady" before... while his Lord title was showing!)
Dang!
Well, At least I got a few good mill from them. Thank you ever so much :) Now I can go and fund my next adventure to find the hidden City of Wind!

...so, you see, I have - through sheer blind luck! - inherited my birthright after all.
It is good that some of us do...
Hehehehe...

OOC: I know. I was criticising myself for my nomenclatural* narrow-mindedness, not Mairut for daring to have a female name with a consanant on the end (and now that I reread, the character's name is actually Mairu, so don't I feel like a flaming fool! D: Also, I'm a girl and my RL name ends with -l, so my assumption was pretty much fail all around. I'm sorry!)

My rl name ends with a, so following your assumption from before, you would be correct in guessing my sex.

I have 2 other female chars on my account (I need to make male chars lol) One that ends in -a and the other -s.
:)

Does anyone know where I could find tips for RPing in a game like this? Been thinking about looking into doing some (or at least bugging the RPers at this Inn I know of and being able to hold my own), so I think it would help if I had a starter's guide because...as you can tell... I'm not a natural at it.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

nomenclatural

:D

I will add that one to my daily vernacular!

Borric

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Borric sits alone in a corner, sharpening his sword. With no tabard on his chest and no love in his heart. It is not revenge he seeks, but a reckoning. Those who have spread this evil to our beloved land must be made to answer. The deaths of our women and children will be paid for with the blood of our enemies.

Borric holds no hope for himself. He knows he will find the death he yearns for in the void. "THEY WILL PAY!"