• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reset your houses!

• Thread starter imported_Gracie Nito
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
N

NightFlyer

*applauds*

I remember those days. And miss them. In beta we were curious as to why anyone would want to just skill afk and not play.

I still believe the lot should be re-set.

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

Having played and observed the social dynamics of this game since the beginning, I have seen a rather annoying drift to ass-kissing for 'visitor hours', that should have stopped now that they no longer count, but hasn't. No one was this conflicted during beta and the first year.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good observation. I'd say the reason is that most of the goal oriented players have pretty much left, leaving behind the people who play TSO because it provides a venue to be popular and well known. The trend toward more players being sickeningly sweet is because the goal oriented players are mostly gone.

<blockquote><hr>

I don't think it is just a coincidence, that most long time players think the first year of this game, was the best year.

[/ QUOTE ]
Without a doubt.

N

NightFlyer

" Do I think it's fair that sims can't land anywhere else when this happens? No, absolutely not, but if they read these boards then they know not to abort those landings like that and bear partial responsibility for getting themselves stuck in the first place. If they don't read Stratics and therefore don't know this issue or how to avoid it, then again that's their responsibility for being ill-informed......"

You have to be kidding?

I get stuck not on "abort" but just trying to land. When the screen jumps to "cancel" after waiting a long time to land what do you suppose any thinking person is going to do? Sit there and time out waiting? Oh, and not everyone reads these boards, you know this.

I disagree with your thinking this is our (sims) own fault. This is a serious bug which EA needs to address.

Perhaps if they got to the bug fixing, making bugs a priority, we could get on with our games. This bug should be easily reproduceable (is that a word??).

What's the hold up? I think it is thier skewed idea of priorities.

G

TTL

No matter what, if 1 sim is stuck and you know about it and you refuse to reset the house, then you are just as much responsible for that person not being able to play as EA is for not fixing the problem. It is a known problem. It was being worked on and fixed at one point I believe.

This is a community. We should treat each other as we would in real life. So if someone was stuck under a house and you had the ability to dig them out safely, you wouldn't do it soley because you had a house full of guests?

This shouldn't be an issue. If I get stuck on a lot and inform the owner or roomies and they don't reset the house(further restricting me from playing) then I hold them as the ones responsible for me not being able to play.

G

<blockquote><hr>

So if someone was stuck under a house and you had the ability to dig them out safely, you wouldn't do it soley because you had a house full of guests?

This shouldn't be an issue. If I get stuck on a lot and inform the owner or roomies and they don't reset the house(further restricting me from playing) then I hold them as the ones responsible for me not being able to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do see your point,but lets take it one step back,, IF the Manufacturer of that house KNOWINGLY set it ontop of you,{as MAXIS/EA/Green Giant,,whoever is in charge of this game now} then it is not my{being the home owner} fault for you being under there,it is a bug in the game,the people that need to know are aware,,from what i understand,,so it is their fault you are getting stuck,they need to fix it not me resetting my house each time a sim gets stuck,,,as for TC3 you can make up to 6 sims {I believe} so it doesnt matter if you only have 1 account,log in with a different sim on that same account,,,just playing devils advocate here,,

G

yes, it is a known bug, a bug that you now know about. So why not be polite, reset the house and continue doing so until the problem is fixed. Its already been show that some problems can't be fixed in one given day. We need to patient with that. Regardless of who set the house on the person, everyone knows it needs to be fixed. So why not help one another out till it is??

man, so many mean people out there.

I

imported_Qute Pi

I personally don't care if the house is reset or not. I don't believe any player should be blamed for their type of game play. We all pay to play and can do as we please.

(I understand the concept of helping others, I don't lack that) BUT...
If you get stuck, and your a paying subscriber why aren't you complaining to the one taking your money?? I find it funny that while everyone is arguing back and forth placing blame, none has been put the game developers, where the problem would actually get fixed.

If people put this much effort into complaining to those who matter maybe they wouldn't have to waste so much time here blaming other players.

G

because at one point they thought that they(devs) had it fixed. Now, they are aware, and i'm sure its something that one of them is working on among the hundreds of other things they are doing. So you refuse to help people out until the problem is fixed?? The devs know about the problem and all you can say to someone is tough?? Go without playing?? I'm done with this thread. All I can say is that there are a lot of mean people out there playing the game.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I personally don't care if the house is reset or not. I don't believe any player should be blamed for their type of game play. We all pay to play and can do as we please.

(I understand the concept of helping others, I don't lack that) BUT...
If you get stuck, and your a paying subscriber why aren't you complaining to the one taking your money?? I find it funny that while everyone is arguing back and forth placing blame, none has been put the game developers, where the problem would actually get fixed.

If people put this much effort into complaining to those who matter maybe they wouldn't have to waste so much time here blaming other players.

[/ QUOTE ]

With this kind of theory that would mean if you and I were standing on line in an establishment with you behind me, and the line was overcrowded b/c the service was slow, and you rudely pushed me I should punch the establishment owner in the face instead of you.

I don't go with that... I believe that people should be decent to each other and work together when situations are difficult. Every body is accountable for their own actions.

I honestly can understand the idea of "why should I have to reset just for one person"

My answer is, if any one of those people were the victim of some sort of bug, they'd be here crying with the rest of the people here. They wouldn't shrug it off and say "Oh, well at least everyone else can play their game. I'm only one person"

hypocrites

I

imported_Qute Pi

wait, since when is it the property owner / roommates fault the player got stuck?

G

<blockquote><hr>

wait, since when its it the property owner / roommates fault the player got stuck?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not say it was the property owners/roomies fault that the player got stuck. I stated that the property owner/roomies fault that they are selfish hypocrites.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

With this kind of theory that would mean if you and I were standing on line in an establishment with you behind me, and the line was overcrowded b/c the service was slow, and you rudely pushed me I should punch the establishment owner in the face instead of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok so with your example it sounds like...
the person who rudely pushed you is the property owner and the establishment is the developers right? But in our topic, the problem isn't directly caused by the property owner, the solution can be created by the property owner. So your example makes no sense to me.

Mind you I never said I wouldn't reset. I'm just saying everyone is blaming the wrong people. Then again who am I kidding, thats all we do here....

G

Its not if they get stuck, its your fault if they let you know and you don't reset the house like a polite person. Like Gilly said:

<blockquote><hr>

5. Isn't taking care of the needs of *all* your visitors (because the one in limbo, is just as much your *visitor* as the one afk) part of the challenge of running a busy lot?

I have seen a rather annoying drift to ass-kissing for 'visitor hours', that should have stopped now that they no longer count, but hasn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sums it up.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok so with your example it sounds like...
the person who rudely pushed you is the property owner and the establishment is the developers right? But in our topic, the problem isn't directly caused by the property owner, the solution can be created by the property owner. So your example makes no sense to me.

Mind you I never said I wouldn't reset. I'm just saying everyone is blaming the wrong people. Then again who am I kidding, thats all we do here....

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said you wouldn't reset either, I stated that people who wouldn't were selfish hypocrites.

EA would be the establishment owner whose service caused the problem.
We can all stand and line and push around at each other, thats not going to make the line move any faster nor will it make the time on that line any more enjoyable.

I played the original TC and any time there was a bug, no matter what the differences people had within that city, they still worked together to make sure that the bugs were reported, and solutions were found. (even going through great lengths to allow other properties to know what the work arounds for these bugs were)

To say "Well EA should just fix it" is a stupid cop out. Do not play an unstable city if you can not meet the needs of that city.

I

imported_sedusa

I get stuck at 50% quite often waiting to land on a lot, and I dont expect or demand that anyone reset a lot so that I can land. Mostly, because, I cant do anything else when Im stuck in the first place except for restarting the game. I then, because Ive gotten quite use to this happening, go to any lot but the one I was headed to if its not my lot then I always say a few polite words, leave, then head to the lot I had been stuck landing on and I get in, and all is well and good. That is what I do, and I know, Im not new to the game.

I dont think its right to expect anyone to do something for you because you think its right, they may think differently than you do, and that is their right. It is also a persons right to refuse to go to a lot who doesnt do something you think they should, and your right to leave a lot if you dont like something that is done while you are there. I, myself have exercised both of those rights. We dont all have to agree to get along with each other.

For my own knowledge and clarification I need to know:

1. A grayed out sim avatar is a sim stuck trying to land or not?

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

To say "Well EA should just fix it" is a stupid cop out. Do not play an unstable city if you can not meet the needs of that city.

[/ QUOTE ]

well...As a paying subscriber, EA should fix it lol. Regardless that we are all helping each other and working around the problem, EA should still fix it! That is their responsibility, has nothing to do with coping out.

G

and EA had it fixed at one point. took them almost two weeks and now its back. What makes you think they can have it fixed in a day or two?? They have a lot on their plate. EA was always the blame in this, but why not help people out till it is fixed again?? That is my whole point in this, nothing more

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

well...As a paying subscriber, EA should fix it lol. Regardless that we are all helping each other and working around the problem, EA should still fix it! That is their responsibility, has nothing to do with coping out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bug fixes take time. Thats the way it works. I am not saying that the bug should be left that way forever... but this situation came up over a weekend. I saw at least two EA employees working all weekend. If people who are paid to help us, are helping us even when they are not being paid to do so.... the least players who CHOOSE
to play in a test city could do is work with each other to make the situation as easy as possible.

I don't know maybe I'm just being irrational to expect people to act decent.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Bug fixes take time. Thats the way it works. I am not saying that the bug should be left that way forever... but this situation came up over a weekend. I saw at least two EA employees working all weekend. If people who are paid to help us, are helping us even when they are not being paid to do so.... the least players who CHOOSE
to play in a test city could do is work with each other to make the situation as easy as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

This situation didn't come up over the weekend. I got stuck going to the pub that day when they locked it up. I told the dev's, they took 2 minutes to "shake me" out of it. So thats when they knew about the problem from what I can tell because they helped me directly that very moment. How long ago was that when the pub was locked??

G

<blockquote><hr>

and EA had it fixed at one point. took them almost two weeks and now its back. What makes you think they can have it fixed in a day or two?? They have a lot on their plate. EA was always the blame in this, but why not help people out till it is fixed again??

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm done

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

This situation didn't come up over the weekend. I got stuck going to the pub that day when they locked it up. I told the dev's, they took 2 minutes to "shake me" out of it. So thats when they knew about the problem from what I can tell because they helped me directly that very moment. How long ago was that when the pub was locked??

[/ QUOTE ]
The 1st time or the 2nd time?

Idk... so what should I say "oooh ok, in the case everyone should just be mean to each other and look out for themselves"

I stand by what I said, people can be decent and reset the lot every now and again so someone else can try to play too.

If those people opt not to... well, I hope a bug eats their founder sim or something.

I

imported_Qute Pi

I only know of 1 time, when the president was there. I cant tell you if that was the 1st or 2nd, but it was awhile ago.

And sure asking another player for help is fine, but all this "blaming" energy on this post could be used for something more productive.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If those people opt not to... well, I hope a bug eats their founder sim or something

[/ QUOTE ]

me too.

I am going to end the discussion right here. RESET THE HOUSE.
see? simple. The people in the house are not going to complain, they aren't going to strike against your lot. Maybe they'll return, maybe they won't. If they don't, other people will show up.

Pit has spoken.

/Discussion.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I hope a bug eats their founder sim or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The only houses that will be reset are the unimportant ones with hardly anyone in them. Busy skill houses won't reset until it's convenient for them to do so.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The only houses that will be reset are the unimportant ones with hardly anyone in them. Busy skill houses won't reset until it's convenient for them to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

your comment right there is rude. All houses are important. Maybe some people don't want a house for 30 people.

G

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

No matter what, if 1 sim is stuck and you know about it and you refuse to reset the house, then you are just as much responsible for that person not being able to play as EA is for not fixing the problem. It is a known problem. It was being worked on and fixed at one point I believe.

This is a community. We should treat each other as we would in real life. So if someone was stuck under a house and you had the ability to dig them out safely, you wouldn't do it soley because you had a house full of guests?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a game in which the individual players participate in whatever manner is fun for them. They bear absolutely NO <u>responsibility</u> whatsoever for other player's sims.
If they want help out someone, <u>or not</u>, in any kind of a situation, it is that player's decision. There are no rules governing this kind of decision making, nor is there anything in the ToS.
Who the hell are we to foist our personal morality on someone else?
This is just another way of trying to coerce people into playing "the right way".

There are players that I would be happy to help (such as a reset).
There are others that I *might* help.
Still others that I probably wouldn't.
And a few....... that I would loooove to see twisting in the wind.

....as far as being held responsible for someone's inability to play because I refused to re-set.....
Sue me.

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

All houses are important.

[/ QUOTE ]

Laughs

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

All houses are important.

[/ QUOTE ]

Laughs

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a joke? I should get new material cause that wasn't very funny.

G

thats just rude, you personally attack me in one thread, then tell me how to play the game. All i was saying is that it is polite to reset and if you know and don't reset in a timely manner, then at that moment, you are somewhat responsible for that 1 stuck person not being able to play. And busy skill house? who cares, most of them are probably afk anyway so what's it matter. we don't get visitor hours anymore.

G

No rules Donovan, just a little common decency.

I never believe in a right way of playing... but I believe in a right way of treating people if you are gearing yourself as a "service" within the game.

Which is why I would no longer run a lot geared towards being nice to ppl.

At least you are straight up about it

People claim to want progress in this game, but go on these stubborn streaks based on past actions or lack of actions on EA's part... so really we are all just walking against the wind.

this part made me lol
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

I never believe in a right way of playing... but I believe in a right way of treating people if you are gearing yourself as a "service" within the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

And how is that a decent way to treat the 20+ other people you want to see booted on behalf of the one person? Who should the owners be rude to, the one person or the 20?

G

<blockquote><hr>

thats just rude, you personally attack me in one thread, then tell me how to play the game. All i was saying is that it is polite to reset and if you know and don't reset in a timely manner, then at that moment, you are somewhat responsible for that 1 stuck person not being able to play. And busy skill house? who cares, most of them are probably afk anyway so what's it matter. we don't get visitor hours anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]
You said a whole lotta more than that, my friend.
You attack, berate, belittle, insult, etc. then try to look all innocent with a hand full of "community" and a mouth full of "just telling it like it is" - with any poster with an opinion that does not agree with yours.

As far as 'someone' telling 'someone else' how to play the game - I suggest you go back and read ALL your posts in ALL the threads.
If General Lee had attacked like you do, we would all be speaking 'Dixie'.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

And how is that a decent way to treat the 20+ other people you want to see booted on behalf of the one person? Who should the owners be rude to, the one person or the 20?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure people would understand. All the host has to say is, "im resetting the house. just take a sec."

i think the 20 people can handle waiting for a house to reopen.

G

roger, its not rude to say:

"hey, resetting the house so a stuck person can play"

that's not rude, and there is nothing rude or mean about booting an afk player. It's there own fault for being afk.

G

i have not attacked anyone that doesn't agree with my opinion.

I have however had to correct quite a few that were misinformed.

and if my corrections were taken as attacks, well, nevermind.

i'm done with this thread. Gracie was doing a nice thing by starting it. I whole heartedly agree with it. Until someone can give me a legitimate reason to change my mind, it won't change.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Which is why I would no longer run a lot geared towards being nice to ppl.

At least you are straight up about it

People claim to want progress in this game, but go on these stubborn streaks based on past actions or lack of actions on EA's part... so really we are all just walking against the wind.

this part made me lol
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no problem with common decency - my argument is against the notion that we are "required" to do such-and-so.
Common decency goes hand-in-hand with respect. If a stuck sim asks respectfully (or even neutrally) for help - and it is not a big inconvenience for me or my guests - then fine.
On the other hand - if said "stuckee" has a history of rude behavior, or is rude in 'demanding' help, then as far as *I* am concerned, he/she has just forfeited any expectation of 'common decency'.

And of course - much depends on my mood and how much coffee/beer I have had.

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

Gracie was doing a nice thing by starting it.

[/ QUOTE ]

She (and many others on these boards) is one of the people playing "high school hallway popularity contest TSO". By making threads and posts out-nicing the rest of you, she gains status and brownie points among those playing that game.

Goal oriented players running a full, highly ranked skill house wouldn't consider for a second booting everybody out to do a reset. Only people playing the "look how nice I am" TSO would do something so hairbrained.

G

rank doesn't matter anymore, you don't get a bonus for it.

end of story.

just lame not to be nice to someone providing like donavan said, they were nice when they informed you of it.

Roger, i think you are jealous of gracie.

G

<blockquote><hr>

In the beginning, being AFK for more than a potty break would get your butt booted from the property without hesitation or apology!
In fact they used to do head checks....calling everyone's name...no answer = immediate boot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blame boredom for that. In the beginning HOUSE OWNERS AND ROOMIES were more initiative too, they did interactive things with their guests that were entertaining, whether it was just talking to them, or fun games that they played, or trivia contests or whatever. When TC3 first opened up and things were still *new* I saw several houses trying to bring that back, but it wasn't long before it stopped and the AFK skilling trend returned
. It's purely logical. Who would want to sit in a silent house and watch their sim read a book, when they could go off-screen in windowed mode and read the boards, or work on badges in Club Pogo, or even play TS2 or another game if their puter system had enough RAM to do both at once? To that end, if the house was active and talking, then I'd be OK with knowing I'd get booted for afk'ing for more than a potty break. If the house was dead though, and I'm not overriding timeout, I have and do get really pissed if I am booted for no reason....have even posted about it on the boards. I do not override timeout and being booted like that would be and indication that the roomie/owner is assuming I am like the multitude that do. I resent being lumped in with cheaters, tyvm.

<blockquote><hr>

Heck...just blocking the dishwasher because you were distracted with IM's, would get you booted from a busy lot!

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THAT, or blocking someone on the toilet, or whatever, would be something that I would *still* boot for if my house was busy and stayed busy. There's no excuse for not paying attention while you're greening and keeping your sim moving from one greening task to the other. That process only takes 5 minutes, there's no reason your conversation, or other game, or post or whatever cannot be put on hold for that length of time, IMO. I would not boot a dying sim though, as I know many other people would. The reason I would boot in the first example and not for that is because in the first example your neglect of your own sim is affecting someone else's gameplay, particularly if you are blocking their exit from a toilet, or parked in front of the only dishwasher in the house or whatever. If your sim is dying then the only person you're hurting is yourself cuz you are the one that is gonna have to hunt a shaman when you return. The possible exception to this would be if someone saw the sim dying and they spoke up and said that they are one of the many people who get stuck in the 'death music loop' bug that some people have that once the death music plays it keeps playing on and on until they totally reboot their computers and their games. I've had that in the past and it is a real pain in the ass, so I sympathize.

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

rank doesn't matter anymore, you don't get a bonus for it.

end of story.

[/ QUOTE ]
Rankings still matter very much to goal type of players.

<blockquote><hr>

Roger, i think you are jealous of gracie.

[/ QUOTE ]
How old are you?

G

<blockquote><hr>

" Do I think it's fair that sims can't land anywhere else when this happens? No, absolutely not, but if they read these boards then they know not to abort those landings like that and bear partial responsibility for getting themselves stuck in the first place. If they don't read Stratics and therefore don't know this issue or how to avoid it, then again that's their responsibility for being ill-informed......"

You have to be kidding?

I get stuck not on "abort" but just trying to land. When the screen jumps to "cancel" after waiting a long time to land what do you suppose any thinking person is going to do? Sit there and time out waiting? Oh, and not everyone reads these boards, you know this.

I disagree with your thinking this is our (sims) own fault. This is a serious bug which EA needs to address.

Perhaps if they got to the bug fixing, making bugs a priority, we could get on with our games. This bug should be easily reproduceable (is that a word??).

What's the hold up? I think it is thier skewed idea of priorities.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. If people don't read these boards, that's their own fault. Links to this site are everywhere, and we as posters should have the URL in our sim profiles to spread the word if we are truly interested in educating our fellow sims rather than just busting each others balls over semantics. Especially if they are going to choose to be testers. Being a tester and then not reading the boards where the testers congregate to report their findings and kick around ideas on how to fix them is just the epitome of stupidity IMO. If you don't want to take the time to read, or don't have the stomach to put up with the [censored], or whatever the excuse is, then you have no business being a tester. That's my opinion.

2. Yes, it is EA's problem to fix this bug, and it's not *always* the sim's fault when they get caught by the bug, but sometimes it is. Sometimes just exercising a little bit of patience avoids problems like this, and yeah it's a pain in the ass, but which would be the bigger pain in the ass, waiting until you time out or potentially being stuck not being able to play for a whole day because the house owner has the option of whether to set or not reset? Personally, I would not put the fate of whether or not I can play my game in someone else's hands if there was any way to avoid it, but I understand that placing blame on someone else is a popular trend. Cest la vie. *shrugs*

We as players need to be more responsible for our own games, making ourselves informed of these potential problems, ESPECIALLY if we're going to choose to play in a TEST environment, and be educated on how to avoid them if at all possible. Absolutely there are going to be things that are going to happen that are totally beyond our control, because, as they say, [censored] happens. So if there are days that you can't play because of this bug or that bug, then I think you just need to suck it up and accept that that is par and parcel for playing in a test environment.....it isn't as though you can't play any of your other sims.

I understand Mandi's point about having a specific goal in mind for a specific day, and it would suck if I was in that position, but Murphy's Law prevails.....anything that can go wrong will, and also the best laid plans of mice and men will often go astray. I had plans with my Club Pogo to reach X number of badges by New Year's Eve. My computer malfunction a couple weeks ago that knocked me offline totally for 6 solid days blew that straight out of the water.....it's more than likely not gonna happen. My reaction? "Well, [censored]!".....yeah, I got upset about it, for a few minutes. But then I made the best of it and decided I was gonna use the time to home make some Christmas presents. Put it in perspective people, it's only a game. So yeah, that'd be a bite in the ass and a disappointment, but not something I'd blow my stack or lose any sleep over.

M

MandiK

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Gracie was doing a nice thing by starting it.

[/ QUOTE ]

She (and many others on these boards) is one of the people playing "high school hallway popularity contest TSO". By making threads and posts out-nicing the rest of you, she gains status and brownie points among those playing that game.

Goal oriented players running a full, highly ranked skill house wouldn't consider for a second booting everybody out to do a reset. Only people playing the "look how nice I am" TSO would do something so hairbrained.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do some people hate the ones that are actually liked? The people that go out of their way to help out someone? If anyone is 'goal oriented' it is Gracie. She has new goals, new ideas constantly. ALWAYS helping someone out or giving information when asked. Had she not started the thread, it would have been started eventually anyway, it needed to be. We need to see which houses we can go to and which ones we probably shouldnt, lol. 30+ sims = able to play, afk (not anyones responsibility but their own) but can come right back whenever they come back to the game. 1 sim= cannot log in for the entire day if they are stuck and the owner wont reset. Its just a kind act. Decency. We should all practice a little of it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For clarification, my position differs slightly. If I was a top house, with a house full of guests, I would take stock of how many people were afk and how many people were not. If the majority of the people in the house answered indicating that they were not afk, I'd go ahead and reset, or if there was another skill house open that supported my skill so that the afk people could get in there if they could not get in my house, I'd reset. My opinion has jack [censored] to do with hogging visitor hours, that's not my point. My issue would come in if I had a high number of afk players and I was in a top skill house, and I was the only skill house open where players could skill that skill, which happens frequently in TC3. In that instance, I would have a hard time justifying resetting to free that one stuck sim and jeopardize the afk players' abilities to get back in if someone else filled up the house and took the spots that would have rightfully been theirs.

I just thought of a potential solution though to keep that from happening, and this is something that I might use to reset the house anyway if the situation warranted it come to think of. If the house owner wanted to, they could place the house on admit-only, and add every person currently in the house right before the reset onto the admit list. That way, nobody who wasn't there before you reset could get in, and those who were in the house could get in whenever they returned. Whenever enough time had passed that you could establish that everybody who had intentions of coming back could, you could put your house back on ban list or admit all or whatever. There! There's a solution that those who care to take the time to do it can do to appease their house full of guests AND the person who is stuck if that is their goal. I'd venture to guess most won't want to go through that much hassle, but it's clear that many do care about their image and don't want to be seen as rude and inconsiderate, so that is a way to work around it until EA fixes the bug.

I want a cookie for typing all that out, dammit!

G

TTL

This matter isn't a "how you play the game" thing. It's a "how you treat people" thing. Regardless of who is at fault. EA is top of the list as it is a bug and they ARE aware of it. Secondly, if that person is nice in notifying the house owner they are stuck, then a nice act would be to reset the house.

Goal oriented or not, 2 minutes to reset a house isn't going to kill your rank.

Roger, just because Gracie can stay upbeat about EVERYTHING doesn't mean that you have to knock her. It's not a popularity contest. Gracie has been this way since I started playing TSO and since I began reading and posting on these boards. Just because your ideas do not match hers doesn't mean that there is any reason to make snide accusations.

G

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

This matter isn't a "how you play the game" thing. It's a "how you treat people" thing. Regardless of who is at fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're joking right? Trust me, knowing some of the people's attitudes on other situations that are involved in this thread, people should *not* take which side of the fence they are on on this issue as an indication of whether or not they know how to treat people in general. The word that comes to mind first is the one that Jackiee used in another post: hypocrisy.

<blockquote><hr>

Roger, just because Gracie can stay upbeat about EVERYTHING doesn't mean that you have to knock her. It's not a popularity contest. Gracie has been this way since I started playing TSO and since I began reading and posting on these boards. Just because your ideas do not match hers doesn't mean that there is any reason to make snide accusations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that's absolutely true. Gracie is one of the few people in game that I can say honestly does feel the way she says she feels and isn't just paying lip service to gain popularity points with the 'in' crowd. The joke is "Blame Gracie" but in truth all I can blame Gracie for is being one of the ones primarily responsible, along with Niki King, for turning this negative nelly into at least an optimist if not a 'cheerleader'.

Surprisingly, I understand the message that Ronin and a few others are trying to carry, and it is a good one.....we SHOULD all treat each other respectfully and use the Golden Rule of treating people how we wanna be treated. There's 2 problems though

1) That message is getting lost because they are showing an utter lack of that same respect for those that they are preaching their message to, not by disagreeing with their points, but by resorting to attacking the PERSON not the IDEA (ie meanie, inconsiderate, stupid, hypocrite)

2) I am using the Golden Rule when I say I would not boot 25+ people from my busy lot if they did not have the option of coming right back in, because, my right hand placed on the Bible here, I honest to God would not expect another house owner to do that for me if it was somehow inconvenient to do so. I'm aware that the world, be it the real world or the sim world, does not revolve around *me* and there's gonna be times that I can't play when others can just like there have been many times that people have posted not being able to log in at all while I'm sitting here reading the boards partially afk while my sim is skilling happily in a skill house. That's just life.

G

Thank you KIR

Been waiting for you to chime in with that.

That means I'm done for good with this thread.

I will read it, but will not post in it again.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thank you KIR

Been waiting for you to chime in with that.

That means I'm done for good with this thread.

I will read it, but will not post in it again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldn't "I'm done" mean "I'M DONE"? How done with something are you if you go back 3 more times to say you are done, when nobody else has said anything new for you to respond to and you're just reiterating the same dribble you've been saying for pages and pages? *shakes head [laughs]*

I'm in agreement with KIR here though actually, flies will start gathering at any point. It's obvious we're at one of the many empasses on the board.....nobody will ever be swayed by the other person's viewpoint here. A few people have managed to do so, and for that at least I'm grateful, and a few people have managed to disagree and still remain respectful, and I appreciate that to. Somehow, I think that's about the best we can hope for here.

Having said that though, I am not ignorant of the ways of the board, and the best predictor of past behavior is future behavior, so I have little doubt that this thread will have another page or two of pontifications before it finally dies out and goes to page 2 of the boards....cuz beating dead horses is a pass-time hobby around here