• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reptalon

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
Once upon a time, Int affected spell damage for Pets. It was deemed too powerful, so they removed it. Right now Int only gives some passive mana regen unfortunately. It is still useful, just not as a preference over Str even for caster pets, since they will still be using melee attacks. So most likely you will want the standard 700str/150dex/370int stat spread.
Seriously? Christ. We need pet respect scrolls. I have a 120s mare where i maxxed int for the casting..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Seriously? Christ. We need pet respect scrolls. I have a 120s mare where i maxxed int for the casting..
Like some famous/infamous personality always says : ABSOLUTELY! We need respec items, scrolls or otherwise, and willing to pay the store for that.

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have a newbie question. I own a 2 slot Rep that I am training now but stuck at 50 %. I was hoping someone could advise me on what creature I should train him with for the max gains.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Once upon a time, Int affected spell damage for Pets. It was deemed too powerful, so they removed it. Right now Int only gives some passive mana regen unfortunately. It is still useful, just not as a preference over Str even for caster pets, since they will still be using melee attacks. So most likely you will want the standard 700str/150dex/370int stat spread.
INT does affect spell damage, but only by a minor amount. I had tested a WW and Serpentine Dragon with the same Magery/Eval, but different INT against a 0 Resists Drone with tens of thousands of Health (thanks to Kyronix spawning it in). The Serpentine Dragon had like 300 more INT, but was only doing like 20 more damage with FS to a 0 Resist target than the WW did. Once you take Resists into account, it's much lower. The only time INT makes a big difference in spell damage, is with Mind Blast, which the pet needs Magery Mastery to cast.
INT does make a decent difference in mana regeneration however. I tested a WW with 700 INT/1,500 Mana/120 Med/120 Focus/30 MR against a Serpentine Dragon with 1,040 INT/1,500 Mana/120 Med/120 Focus/30 MR. I let both completely mana dump, then told them to follow me and watched their Mana % with Eval Int. By the time the Serpentine Dragon reached 100% Mana, the WW was only at about 70%.
I cringe whenever i see pets that have had their max Mana pumped up a lot, but are still at only 125 INT instead of 370. Max Mana only matters for a short time, before your pet mana dumps. As soon as the pet Mana dumps, the only thing that matters is how fast it can regen the mana back. INT > Max Mana, especially in long lasting fights like bosses.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
INT does affect spell damage, but only by a minor amount. I had tested a WW and Serpentine Dragon with the same Magery/Eval, but different INT against a 0 Resists Drone with tens of thousands of Health (thanks to Kyronix spawning it in). The Serpentine Dragon had like 300 more INT, but was only doing like 20 more damage with FS to a 0 Resist target than the WW did. Once you take Resists into account, it's much lower. The only time INT makes a big difference in spell damage, is with Mind Blast, which the pet needs Magery Mastery to cast.
INT does make a decent difference in mana regeneration however. I tested a WW with 700 INT/1,500 Mana/120 Med/120 Focus against a Serpentine Dragon with 1,040 INT/1,500 Mana/120 Med/120 Focus. I let both completely mana dump, then told them to follow me and watched their Mana % with Eval Int. By the time the Serpentine Dragon reached 100% Mana, the WW was only at about 70%.
I cringe whenever i see pets that have had their max Mana pumped up a lot, but are still at only 125 INT instead of 370. Max Mana only matters for a short time, before your pet mana dumps. As soon as the pet Mana dumps, the only thing that matters is how fast it can regen the mana back. INT > Max Mana, especially in long lasting fights like bosses.
You sure the Serpintines are not one of the natural fast man regen pets? They changed mana regens back to the original way it was.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You sure the Serpintines are not one of the natural fast man regen pets? They changed mana regens back to the original way it was.
It'd be fairly impossible to determine that, due to Serpentine Dragons spawning with vastly overcapped INT.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That should be the difference between the two. You didn't specify if they had 30 mr though.
Yeah, i forgot to include their 30 MR in the post. I've since corrected it. Still, the +340 INT the Serpentine Dragon had accounts for around a +20% difference in mana regeneration according to that calculator.

Last edited:

RunningMan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yes but the heck do you get one? Its sooo hard in there..and Rend is there soo also these guys are not easy to train and hit hard. I can count on the oooooo Robes every time I get there to tame them. But..thats besides the point..
Most important thing is : How do you even find one? Do you need to "spawn" them? Is there a technique or trick of finding one then taming them? I have seen threads where people claim they have seen "20" of the 2-slot ones..Are they super rare to spawn? I never have seen one..Must be doing something wrong other than creating death robes there lol..
Any suggestions/help appreciated..Also how do you deal with their poor mana regen? Has it been fixed?
I ran around Labyrinth to verify that there was a 2 slot available and used my CU to kill 3 slots while keeping hidden. Then when I found one I put pet in stable and honored myself to get close to the animal and hid. Then honored myself and tamed it. Took a few tries but was not bad. My only question is if it is worth the scrolls having one when I already have a maxed CU? Don't know yet and not sure if I will fully train the Raptalon or go for a Disco / AI CU next.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They have more points than a Cu. But they defy the math and take more damage than the same Cu setup.

But, They have different damage so I recommend building the best one that you can. The magics all work on them but they blow through mama with the breath.

They also prove that Int does not regen mana enough to waste points above 280 - 300. They can get max Intel and 700 Str and they dont regen faster than a cu with 280. just have 2 at low mana and stop them and see the rate at which they both regen.

RunningMan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
They have more points than a Cu. But they defy the math and take more damage than the same Cu setup.

But, They have different damage so I recommend building the best one that you can. The magics all work on them but they blow through mama with the breath.

They also prove that Int does not regen mana enough to waste points above 280 - 300. They can get max Intel and 700 Str and they dont regen faster than a cu with 280. just have 2 at low mana and stop them and see the rate at which they both regen.
Agree. Originally I was thinking that the LH and Raptalon would be better with more points available but I was disappointed. I am still new but thinking the only reason to switch top tier pets is the damage type, but since Champ spawns are somewhat random I end up bringing the CU as an all purpose pet. Plus when the boss spawns, those with more damage boss get the best scrolls so there is not much point in bringing AOE pets especially when you can AOE yourself with SS Necro. Just my 2 cents.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
regarding the rept, so Chiv AI is the way to go or is the SW AI also ok? gimme some hints (also on which round to add that stuff)

thzanks

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
regarding the rept, so Chiv AI is the way to go or is the SW AI also ok? gimme some hints (also on which round to add that stuff)

thanks
Any magic that only costs 501 points works great on them.

But, They are slow natural mana re-generators and they have Dragon breath that uses a lot of Mana.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Recently got my reptalon to 5 slots. I had to kill quite a few 3 slots to get a 2 slot to spawn, I estimate 2 slots only spawn about 3% of the time, or maybe I just had bad luck. I hate labyrinth, that place is a death trap. I probably died 10 times in there.

I absolutely LOVE this pet. They look awesome in EC. Not bad in CC either. Gave mine AI/Chiv. Even with 370 int and 30 mana regen he blows through mana fast. Would be awesome if they add the ability to remove dragon breath at some point. First pet I've had with paralyze and I kind of like it. Saved points for scrolls; just wish I had the scrolls because with full 120's this guy would be a monster.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Recently got my reptalon to 5 slots. I had to kill quite a few 3 slots to get a 2 slot to spawn, I estimate 2 slots only spawn about 3% of the time, or maybe I just had bad luck. I hate labyrinth, that place is a death trap. I probably died 10 times in there.

I absolutely LOVE this pet. They look awesome in EC. Not bad in CC either. Gave mine AI/Chiv. Even with 370 int and 30 mana regen he blows through mana fast. Would be awesome if they add the ability to remove dragon breath at some point. First pet I've had with paralyze and I kind of like it. Saved points for scrolls; just wish I had the scrolls because with full 120's this guy would be a monster.
Your comments to the Devs to allow the 120's to be more available would be appreciated. Also request not to drop 6-7 PS each spawn, but like 20-25 would make more sense.

**Ducks under desk to avoid all foul smelling vegies tossed this way**