• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reptalon

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Reptalon - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums

This is the 2 slot version.

They are mountable. You find them in the Labarynth.

They have these abilities to start with:

upload_2017-9-3_23-5-25.png

Their Damage is:

upload_2017-9-3_23-6-16.png

You can get 4 resists to 80.

upload_2017-9-3_23-7-1.png

The training menu has these choices:

upload_2017-9-3_23-9-48.png

The Area Effect abilities are:

upload_2017-9-3_23-11-0.png

They do not have Natural poisoning but the poison choices are there.

The Special Moves are:

upload_2017-9-3_23-12-32.png

The magic Abilities are:

upload_2017-9-3_23-19-49.png

This one has 1400 Points left:

upload_2017-9-3_23-25-39.png

I could choose the abilities and have room for a Magic and scrolls.

It should make a nice pet.

I just took it to kill a Paragon Balron. I ran Consume damage the whole time. It needed a couple of cures at the beginning. When the Balron was at half life I had to heal it a few times. It finished it off at the end slowly.
Its wrestling is at 98. Tactics only 80. It will kill one faster when it has higher skills.

Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Sadly it is in the low passive mana regen family but since the buff to them its sustained damage its fairly impressive.. and the stun lock give it tanky nature a nice boost. I used the 700 150 370 stas build on a spell weaving one.. really enjoyed its up time.. =^-^=

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's a nice pet. How is it's native mana regen?

It has a lot of points left. I was going to use poison breath and AI. With no magics.

But poison breath does not do lethal poison like it says yet.

Ill keep it in the stable till that's worked out. Or Ill make another and pick AI only and see how that works.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It has a lot of points left. I was going to use poison breath and AI. With no magics.

But poison breath does not do lethal poison like it says yet.

Ill keep it in the stable till that's worked out. Or Ill make another and pick AI only and see how that works.
Just coming back looking at it, I think it would have made a nice pet for this invasion with it's damage profile. I assume poison breath uses less mana than goo?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just coming back looking at it, I think it would have made a nice pet for this invasion with it's damage profile. I assume poison breath uses less mana than goo?
I tried it today. Tactics still in the 80s. Worked ok on Generals. But I switched back to my Chiv Lesser for the Titan.

The best pet I have seen on the Generals is Wolf Spiders. One guy has 5 and you can see the life tick off a general. Another has 2 and a Fire beetle with RC. You can also see them doing damage to the generals.

They have really low resists and HP but they generals already have a target so they dont take damage.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tried it today. Tactics still in the 80s. Worked ok on Generals. But I switched back to my Chiv Lesser for the Titan.

The best pet I have seen on the Generals is Wolf Spiders. One guy has 5 and you can see the life tick off a general. Another has 2 and a Fire beetle with RC. You can also see them doing damage to the generals.

They have really low resists and HP but they generals already have a target so they dont take damage.
Yeah, I had a good success with a fire beetle with RC and AI.

I had a pack of 5 hand picked and fully trained hounds (from when they were still 1 slot) that I had to let go to make room for new pets. Still regret it.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I had a pack of 5 hand picked and fully trained hounds (from when they were still 1 slot) that I had to let go to make room for new pets. Still regret it.
My heart aches reading that~

What did you end up doing to them? Release?

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My heart aches reading that~

What did you end up doing to them? Release?
I actually tried to give them away. Nobody wanted them. This was right after the taming revamp dropped and everybody was hurting for stable slots. So, yeah, I released them.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I actually tried to give them away. Nobody wanted them. This was right after the taming revamp dropped and everybody was hurting for stable slots. So, yeah, I released them.
I actually managed to pick up 6 hellhounds off stable merchants across a couple servers after the revamp. Was going to keep the pack and train one. (went around and picked up every legacy animal i could find)

Kept all my rare colored pred hellcats, but first day screwed up my pride leader by having them slot jump from clicking the training button, luckily i had a spare one same color, but not as good. Still have about 7 additional hellcats on a backup tamer.

I do a job of constantly juggling pets/stables/stable merchants among myself, guildmates and additional tamers I create to keep all my pets~

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We use a Reptalon in the invasions, pretty nasty little guy.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wonder if these still spawn at 2 slots. I spent some quality time taming them tonight. The worst one I've seen is rated 1.5 and it was still 3 slots.

Edit: NVM, had to find a REALLY crappy one to make it a 2 slotter.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wonder if these still spawn at 2 slots. I spent some quality time taming them tonight. The worst one I've seen is rated 1.5 and it was still 3 slots.

Edit: NVM, had to find a REALLY crappy one to make it a 2 slotter.
Make sure you plan for the last upgrade. They have plenty of points.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My personal second favorite pet behind Hiryus. I still like my Spellweaving reptalon the best :)

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My personal second favorite pet behind Hiryus. I still like my Spellweaving reptalon the best [bcolor=rgb(239, 239, 239)]:)[/bcolor]
I was thinking of making my a Chiv one. What is it you like about SW?

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, Reptalons do not have access to special abilities like Conductive blast? That is a bit of a bummer.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was thinking of making my a Chiv one. What is it you like about SW?
When you get to the tail end of a fight and you are dual clienting with a chiv Reptalon or have a friend with one, as Donavon said you para lock most critters and with a little luck the 120 sw WODs start hitting and end the fight fast. Even without specs the chiv gets off nice 200+ hits with EoO. Get 3-4 people with reptalons and it is a guaranteed Para lock fight :)

Gorokar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So, the trick with Reptalon is to tame a 2 slot one even if the reptalon is poor rated, because you would have more points to spend with the extra slot right?
I'm confused

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, the trick with Reptalon is to tame a 2 slot one even if the reptalon is poor rated, because you would have more points to spend with the extra slot right?
I'm confused
Yes 1500 points would yield 500 points in HP or STR. The 3 slots are not that much higher. You get a better finished product.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The real trick is finding a reptalon even crappier than a 3 slot :p TBH they all should be 2 slot to start with.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When you get to the tail end of a fight and you are dual clienting with a chiv Reptalon or have a friend with one, as Donavon said you para lock most critters and with a little luck the 120 sw WODs start hitting and end the fight fast. Even without specs the chiv gets off nice 200+ hits with EoO. Get 3-4 people with reptalons and it is a guaranteed Para lock fight :)
What kind of damage does it do with those WoDs?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What kind of damage does it do with those WoDs?
That I will have to dig through my notes for since the arc started I have been running my chiv hiryus, frost mites and firesteeds and beetles. At 120 they cast as a lvl 6 focus and off the top of my head I want to to in the 450ish-500 range. I did tank on one in brit yesterday but it was on one with a whopping 57SW. I am out of town today and tmrw and I am old school and still keep P&P notes in my desk LOL and pinned to the wall around my desk and scattered all over my desk, and possibly under my desk. I believe @Donavon messed around with SW critters and probably has a better and faster answer than I :)

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The damage from them is pretty nice especially if empower lines up with their word of death aftrer the 36% HP mark.. you easily see hits over 600 .. Sadly my main spell weaving pet was hit by a bug and effectly ruined... =* [

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does anyone have an impression that Reptalons have a really horrible native mana regen (much worse than average)? I made mine with 30MR, max Int and 1000+ mana, and sumbjectively it seems to do much worse mana wise than either my Cu, or a Bane Dragon either of which have much smaller mana pools.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dragon Breath plus slow natural Regen,

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
True, but Cus have bleed and heal, and they seem to be better off.
They are bigger mana hogs than CUs by a long shot. Dragon Breath, Para, and magic school. I have built a couple more since we started this conversation and am finding I like a High HP, low mana pool Chiv version the best. Their big selling point for me is the 75Energy 25 poison damage and Para +rideable. Can't get around the dragon breath so may as well go high HP and get the most out of it. EoO, Close Wounds and Cleanse By Fire make the Chiv worthwhile. Yep there are better all around pets and it is debatable which is top. IMO the best is a Chiv Lesser Hiryu, running empowerment when tanking and Berserk when not. Others think the CU is, I just don't see it but to each their own :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The damage from them is pretty nice especially if empower lines up with their word of death aftrer the 36% HP mark.. you easily see hits over 600 .. Sadly my main spell weaving pet was hit by a bug and effectly ruined... =* [
Yeah I remember you showing me that one. Totally wrecked it :(

Gorokar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Finally got my reptalon bonded and trained to 5 slots. This is the result, looks very good. Still need to raise the skills but he begins to shine.

2.png 1.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png

Need suggestions for my 385 avaiable points:

max hp:
p1.png

int (maxed) and some mana
p2.png

120 resist and some hp
p3.png

I am open to any suggestions
Thank you!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stamina regen at 5, just in case they change something.

Rest in mana.

Should be a great pet.

Take it to the Balron in Chaos. Watch it chomp on a paragon. Great fun.

Gorokar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Stamina regen at 5, just in case they change something.

Rest in mana.

Should be a great pet.

Take it to the Balron in Chaos. Watch it chomp on a paragon. Great fun.
Thank you :)

Yeah, when I put some 120 scrolls on my reptalon I feel bad because I thought is a ''Worse Cu Sidhe'' he doesn't deserve it and I would waste a lot of money, but after I tested him he is really good. With consume damage He soloed Navrey, Paragon Balron and a Paragon Greater dragon without any bandages or healing and his health always at 90%-100% range. His stun is super-useful and helped me to survive when a paragon monster(super fast) targeted me.
I'm very happy with him

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah, when I put some 120 scrolls on my reptalon I feel bad because I thought is a ''Worse Cu Sidhe'' he doesn't deserve it and I would waste a lot of money, but after I tested him he is really good.
Some people tend to get stuck on a few animal types and just think anything else sucks. There are alot of fun and useful animals and skill combinations.

DDesire

Adventurer
So the critieria for them to spawn as two slot is bad stats? (is this true for all pets that can spawn with one slot less?)
I've seen like 20 two slots now and none have had over 900hp..

now I regret not taming the 1024 str that was two slot :sad2:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes. You get an extra 1501 points if you find a two slot one.

There is no tamed one with 1024 str. They either cut in half when tamed or you mis read.

With 2 slots you get 3 upgrades.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is my finished one:

upload_2018-3-24_14-7-47.png

They get plenty of points. They just seem to take more damage then Cus or lessers with the same build.

They do have 75% Energy 25% poison damage. Everyone should have one built and ready to go.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Here is my finished one:

View attachment 78876

They get plenty of points. They just seem to take more damage then Cus or lessers with the same build.

They do have 75% Energy 25% poison damage. Everyone should have one built and ready to go.
Yes but the heck do you get one? Its sooo hard in there..and Rend is there soo also these guys are not easy to train and hit hard. I can count on the oooooo Robes every time I get there to tame them. But..thats besides the point..
Most important thing is : How do you even find one? Do you need to "spawn" them? Is there a technique or trick of finding one then taming them? I have seen threads where people claim they have seen "20" of the 2-slot ones..Are they super rare to spawn? I never have seen one..Must be doing something wrong other than creating death robes there lol..
Any suggestions/help appreciated..Also how do you deal with their poor mana regen? Has it been fixed?

DDesire

Adventurer
Yes. You get an extra 1501 points if you find a two slot one.

There is no tamed one with 1024 str. They either cut in half when tamed or you mis read.

With 2 slots you get 3 upgrades.

Thanks for your answer and advice as always Pawain.
But you missunderstood me :) "now I regret not taming the 1024 str that was two slot" which means I saw a wild two slot with 1024str but I killed it since the HP was low.
But now I know that they are indeed "crappy" if they are two slot.. I just thought it was bad luck that they all spawned with low hp / bad resist if they were two slot.

DDesire

Adventurer
Most important thing is : How do you even find one? Do you need to "spawn" them? Is there a technique or trick of finding one then taming them? I have seen threads where people claim they have seen "20" of the 2-slot ones..Are they super rare to spawn? I never have seen one..Must be doing something wrong other than creating death robes there lol..
Any suggestions/help appreciated..Also how do you deal with their poor mana regen? Has it been fixed?
Being a returning player I found it quite easy, I get Rend to aggro on my Hiryu and I just walk it to entrance at full speed (rend moves much quicker than the rest of reptalons)
then I just go back in and slaughter everything, my hiryu is absolutely nothing special but it handles 2-3 reptalons at the same time(I dont even use animal mastery skills, only vet heal)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for your answer and advice as always Pawain.
But you missunderstood me :) "now I regret not taming the 1024 str that was two slot" which means I saw a wild two slot with 1024str but I killed it since the HP was low.
But now I know that they are indeed "crappy" if they are two slot.. I just thought it was bad luck that they all spawned with low hp / bad resist if they were two slot.
The wild ones have double HP and str. Hunters guide says max str is 1025. The 2 slot ones have lower HP so it did look bad compared to the 3 slot ones.

@Khaelor is shedding a tear for that 1024 str 2 slot reptalon.

But, all of them have plenty of points. Any 2 slot will make a nice pet.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The wild ones have double HP and str. Hunters guide says max str is 1025. The 2 slot ones have lower HP so it did look bad compared to the 3 slot ones.

@Khaelor is shedding a tear for that 1024 str 2 slot reptalon.

But, all of them have plenty of points. Any 2 slot will make a nice pet.
While Reptalons are decent pets, I save my tears for legacy dragons, ww, and nightmares.

..and I guess poorly trained animals.

DDesire

Adventurer
I found a 1023 str later and tamed it.. str only varies between 1000-1025 for wilds so not that big deal it seems.
HP is a lot different.. havnt seen a two slot over 853 HP.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Being a returning player I found it quite easy, I get Rend to aggro on my Hiryu and I just walk it to entrance at full speed (rend moves much quicker than the rest of reptalons)
then I just go back in and slaughter everything, my hiryu is absolutely nothing special but it handles 2-3 reptalons at the same time(I dont even use animal mastery skills, only vet heal)
A Cusidhe may be better also..Both Rend and Reptalons are sens. to cold. Good approach..will try it some time. Thanks for the info..

DDesire

Adventurer
hmm not a stupid question I hope..:oops:
I want to try a Mysticism Reptalon.. my question is: should I add any points to INT?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
hmm not a stupid question I hope..:oops:
I want to try a Mysticism Reptalon.. my question is: should I add any points to INT?
Once upon a time, Int affected spell damage for Pets. It was deemed too powerful, so they removed it. Right now Int only gives some passive mana regen unfortunately. It is still useful, just not as a preference over Str even for caster pets, since they will still be using melee attacks. So most likely you will want the standard 700str/150dex/370int stat spread.

DDesire

Adventurer
Once upon a time, Int affected spell damage for Pets. It was deemed too powerful, so they removed it. Right now Int only gives some passive mana regen unfortunately. It is still useful, just not as a preference over Str even for caster pets, since they will still be using melee attacks. So most likely you will want the standard 700str/150dex/370int stat spread.
that would explain why serpentine dragons suck nuts as well then.. thanks Khyro!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
that would explain why serpentine dragons suck nuts as well then.. thanks Khyro!
Yes when people went thru the Int is important phase, I looked at a serpentine dragon and saw how they do no damage so if Int mattered that would be the pet.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yes when people went thru the Int is important phase, I looked at a serpentine dragon and saw how they do no damage so if Int mattered that would be the pet.
Would it some day be a bummer though when Dev team decides to make pet spell damage depend on int? then oops here we go again re-training new pets..