• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Removing the trap.

mikni

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm working on a treasure hunter on Siege perilous. Therefore I would need to have remove trap if I want to remove the trap safely. I would be hunting with a tamer in the party and my template would be this.

Cartography 100
Lockpicking 100
Remove trap 100
Detect hidden 50
Music 120
Discordance 120
Provocation 120

But I don't really like the fact I need to have 150 skillpoints just so I can remove the traps. Would it work, if I always hunt in a party, to just take the hit from the trap and then get resurrected? Are there any drawbacks to that idea other than the loss of fame?

If that works I could drop remove trap and detect and get maybe peacemaking instead. And soulstone of carto for magery when I have decoded the maps I need.

F

Fried Gherkin

You could drop Detect Hidden and Remove Trap and get Magery and Meditation instead, with the telekinises spell you can remove traps from chests if you stand at least 4 tiles away so you don't blow up :p

G

I've heard that telekinesis doesn't work on Seige though. So remove trap is kind of necessary over there.

mikni

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes that is correct, telekinesis doesn't work here. Thats why I consider blowing myself up instead.

mikni

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great! Then that's what I'm going to do. No pain, no gain, right?

B

Birdmon

<blockquote><hr>

You could drop Detect Hidden and Remove Trap and get Magery and Meditation instead, with the telekinises spell you can remove traps from chests if you stand at least 4 tiles away so you don't blow up :p

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm...I still die from an arrow. A tinker made me a box with an arrow trap, I can't disarm it nor open it using mage spells. Please explain how telekinsis works on that?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm...I still die from an arrow. A tinker made me a box with an arrow trap, I can't disarm it nor open it using mage spells. Please explain how telekinsis works on that?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're a treasure hunter, no treasure chest you pick will have an arrow trap. They're all explosion trapped.