Remove the "reuse skill" timer on Detect Hidden

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Remove the "reuse skill" timer for the Detect Hidden skill?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Uhm LOL? Maybe I'm just blind, but from what I saw on the Detect Hidden video, you used the skill at :07 and got the message "Where would you like to search" again at :01. Sure seems like a 6 second timer to me!

Nice fail?
Hrmm. No. I hit my macro to start the detect hidden skill and had the mouse off the UO screen to start the timer... that's why there was no crosshair until the 7ish second mark. but if you notice (like I said when I edited my post) that the message (where do you wish to detect) comes up right after the 11 second mark.

Good try though.

V

Vaelix

I am corrected, Detect was Targeted at..

(Activated at 10.998 Mil seconds)

8.280 Mil Seconds

to

2.500 Mil Seconds Roughly.

This is 6 Seconds.

Where I was wrong, i'll admit it, now tell me this.

With an Even Shorter Wait timer between Detects than we thought and Stealth still being as Powerful as it is, how can you Stand behind your justification of the Skills Balance?

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Stonehaven
siegeperilous.net
Hrmm. No. I hit my macro to start the detect hidden skill and had the mouse off the UO screen to start the timer... that's why there was no crosshair until the 7ish second mark. but if you notice (like I said when I edited my post) that the message (where do you wish to detect) comes up right after the 11 second mark.

Good try though.
Like I said... The timer does not start until you actually SEARCH and the crosshair disappears. Sorry, but it IS a 6 second timer. You just proved it.

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 18, 2008
Alberta, Canada
well I cant get it to go any faster than 10s.

Unless I use the skill, wait 5s, target, and re-use

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008

8.280 Mil Seconds

to

This is 6 Seconds.

With an Even Shorter Wait timer between Detects than we thought and Stealth still being as Powerful as it is, how can you Stand behind your justification of the Skills Balance?

NO, it was NOT. Re watch the video you guys. make it full screen and look for the words to appear on SCREEN. I had the cursor off the UO window to start the countdown. Then pulled it back over to UO windo waround the 8 second mark.

Watch it and you'll realize that its a 10 second skill....

its not that hard.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Like I said... The timer does not start until you actually SEARCH and the crosshair disappears. Sorry, but it IS a 6 second timer. You just proved it.
No it doesn't. Just did it again. You're wrong lady.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Stonehaven
siegeperilous.net

8.280 Mil Seconds

to

This is 6 Seconds.

If you guys would actually run detect to counter it, its not overpowered at all. You have said it yourself... When you used to run detect, we scattered like rabbits and that is 100% true. We scattered... You all scattered when I used it against you. Its a great counter if you are willing to run it on your template.

The only time detect becomes more difficult is when your opponent has 120 stealth and rightfully so.

V

Vaelix

NO, it was NOT. Re watch the video you guys. make it full screen and look for the words to appear on SCREEN. I had the cursor off the UO window to start the countdown. Then pulled it back over to UO windo waround the 8 second mark.

Watch it and you'll realize that its a 10 second skill....

its not that hard.
You Activated at 10.998

Targeted at 8.280

And Reused at Roughly 2.500

This is all i can say with 100% Certainty

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Standby. Just made another one and didn't target anything. Same time frame went by... Just constant (you must wait to redo this blah blah) for 10 seconds until the retry.

Post it in a few minutes.

V

Vaelix

If you guys would actually run detect to counter it, its not overpowered at all. You have said it yourself... When you used to run detect, we scattered like rabbits and that is 100% true. We scattered... You all scattered when I used it against you. Its a great counter if you are willing to run it on your template.

The only time detect becomes more difficult is when your opponent has 120 stealth and rightfully so.
Yes when i Ran Detect against you All it would do is make you Run into a house because you have a trammy mindset and cannot survive without Stealth, this is the bottom line on the matter.

This doesnt change the fact that 175 Skill Offers WAY more Viability to a template (Stealth/Hide) Where as the Counter 200 Skill (Track/Detect) Only offers viability against that specific template.

A PERFECT example of this is Disco in PvP, it was an amazing counter to Tamer, but made your overall template so tight, that you Sucked at everything Except Making that Tamer less useful so your *Guildies/Team Mates* Could kill it.

Basically Taming Was a Effective Tactics against ALL Templates, where as Disco was an Effective Tactic against ONE Template... This has hence, been changed.

Stealth is Effective against ALL Templates for 175 Skill, Tracking/Detect is Effective against 1 Template for 200 Skill.. And this is balance?

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 18, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Its a 10 second skill. Make a new video, use dagger target a tile next to you, then use skill, last target, then spam the detect skill, you will see it takes 10s to use.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Its a 10 second skill. Make a new video, use dagger target a tile next to you, then use skill, last target, then spam the detect skill, you will see it takes 10s to use.
I already did. I just didn't click in the game window this time as to target an area. I clicked the top of the UO client and let it spam out till it gave me the new target.

My question to you all is this. Why haven't you just logged in and try it yet? lol. Its simple.. click, spam and watch the timer...

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Its Saturday at 6:30... Im at work of course.
Ahh yeah. forgot about that. That sucks! Tek is back btw... He's playing Atlantic right now. You should go back to atlantic!

Anyways. New vid is processing through youtube again. last two took about 5 minutes each. Post it as soon as it comes available.

V

Vaelix

All this Detect Timer stuff outa the way, Id love to know the justification argument against that i posted a few posts up.

"Stealth is Effective against ALL Templates for 175 Skill, Tracking/Detect is Effective against 1 Template for 200 Skill.. And this is balance?"

That whole post.

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 18, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Now, you can preload detect, and get 2 detects off in a few seconds (havent tested if you overshoot the 10s timer, if it doesnt work, as I dont have a hidden person next to me outside my house).

But if its like animal lore, and you mis-target, or wait to long, it jams you up from like 12s, instead of what, a 1 or 2s delay between uses?

And if you run preloaded, it may you screw up other skill uses. Not sure its affects on using pots, etc, or casting spells, if it jams you up

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 18, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Please make a video, showing your detect skill use time, target time, and reuse time. Also include one using last target right after you use the skill, and hammer the skill button to show contant spams of must wait to use another skill.

If you cant show this Kat, im gonna go with a 10s timer since thats all im able to get to work.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Just did it a few different ways. My video shows the crosshairs the whole time and that I didn't target anything. It takes 10 seconds

YouTube - Detect Again

HOWEVER, If you actively target the ground and spam it, it does in fact only take 6 seconds until you can re-use it. If you just spam the macro with the crosshairs up it takes 10 seconds...6 seconds the other way.

Soooooo.... we all win!

V

Vaelix

Just did it a few different ways. My video shows the crosshairs the whole time and that I didn't target anything. It takes 10 seconds

YouTube - Detect Again

HOWEVER, If you actively target the ground and spam it, it does in fact only take 6 seconds until you can re-use it. If you just spam the macro with the crosshairs up it takes 10 seconds...6 seconds the other way.

Soooooo.... we all win!

Yes when i Ran Detect against you All it would do is make you Run into a house because you have a trammy mindset and cannot survive without Stealth, this is the bottom line on the matter.

This doesnt change the fact that 175 Skill Offers WAY more Viability to a template (Stealth/Hide) Where as the Counter 200 Skill (Track/Detect) Only offers viability against that specific template.

A PERFECT example of this is Disco in PvP, it was an amazing counter to Tamer, but made your overall template so tight, that you Sucked at everything Except Making that Tamer less useful so your *Guildies/Team Mates* Could kill it.

Basically Taming Was a Effective Tactics against ALL Templates, where as Disco was an Effective Tactic against ONE Template... This has hence, been changed.

Stealth is Effective against ALL Templates for 175 Skill, Tracking/Detect is Effective against 1 Template for 200 Skill.. And this is balance?
With The timers out in the Open, i wanna know about what I posted.. Seems like a good direction to switch the "Discussion" in.

Monolith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 1, 2008
Why doesn't no timer seem fair when there is no timer between hiding and stealth?
BR...there is a timer for stealth, unless this changed. Once you get a stealth skill check, you have a timer. Meaning.....if you get revealed immediately after you got a stealth check (stealthing) you can't immediately hide until the timer.

Again.....unless this changed. Easy way to test it out. Someone hide, stealth and reveal yourself immediately and see if you can immediately hide again. If it hasn't changed, then you can't immediately hide or smoke bomb until the timer. It effects smoke bomb too. This was big reason I was dying until I figured out there was a timer after stealth skill check.

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 30, 2006
BR...there is a timer for stealth, unless this changed. Once you get a stealth skill check, you have a timer. Meaning.....if you get revealed immediately after you got a stealth check (stealthing) you can't immediately hide until the timer.

Again.....unless this changed. Easy way to test it out. Someone hide, stealth and reveal yourself immediately and see if you can immediately hide again. If it hasn't changed, then you can't immediately hide or smoke bomb until the timer. It effects smoke bomb too. This was big reason I was dying until I figured out there was a timer after stealth skill check.
pretty sure thats a hide check

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
hmm.....its been long time since I've played. I'm sure there is a timer after a stealth check too. Try it!!!!!!
not sure if this is what you all are talking about. but here is what I just tested.

I hid myself. Waited for the timer to reset. Started walking, two steps in i revealed myself by talking and could instantly re-hide. Probably 2 seconds after I started stealthing.

Not sure if that is the debate. But if you are already hidden, and the original timer is up and are revealed. You can instantly re-hide, regardless of your stealthing checks.

V

Vaelix

I was under the Impression that the "Global Skill Timer" (The Timer for All Skills) doesnt apply to Stealth when you passively activate it by walking, when hidden by some form of Hide. (Invis/Hide/potion).

Which is the "No Skill Timer, Overpowered" Thing that everyones talking about.

Basically By hiding then moving afterward, stealth bypasses the Universal Skill Cooldown Timer by activating passively. (Instead of having to wait, like *Every* other Skill in the Game)

And before someone says.. "well hide and Stealth only go together, so of course its gonna be easier, "Excuse", ect"

Well.. My tracking doesnt passively start tracking you after i've revealed you with a detect (Even though, since i've revealed you, I know exactly what you look like and where you are, and should have no Problems instantly tracking you) And Last time I Checked... Tracking ties into Detect just like Stealth Ties into Hide.

V

Vaelix

Hell go ahead and leave Stealth as it is, and allow it to bypass the Skill Timer by Walking and activating after hide.

BUT!!

Allow my Tracking to passively track you if I Detect you (Because i know exactly where to look and what to look for), and by pass the Skill timer..

Lol

Btw, before everyone says "No"

So its fair if stealth can abuse it, but anything else and Omg! Right?

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2008
Hell go ahead and leave Stealth as it is, and allow it to bypass the Skill Timer by Walking and activating after hide.

BUT!!

Allow my Tracking to passively track you if I Detect you (Because i know exactly where to look and what to look for), and by pass the Skill timer..

Lol

Btw, before everyone says "No"

So its fair if stealth can abuse it, but anything else and Omg! Right?
What happens if you reveal multiple stealthers?

Maybe people wouldn't abuse stealth so much if some people would use track/detect, force the stealthers out of their comfort zone.

Track and detect counter stealth. It does not guarantee that the stealther is going to die, but it forces them to retreat/regroup, greatly reducing the stealther's effectiveness. Seems like some people here expect the stealther to just drop dead when revealed, they then come here and cry when it doesn't happen the way they want. These skills are balanced as they are, if you're having trouble countering hide/stealth, it's not the skills at fault. Learn to use the skills, I'm sure its not much more complicated than playing a mage effectively...

I've seen plenty of other decent revealers besides myself, Kat, Loki, Gerb, and Roy to name a few. Why come here hoping to change things that give you a little trouble? I mean seriously, most of you guys seem to have very high opinions of your skills, yet you prefer to come here crying instead of learning how to play??? :confused:

V

Vaelix

Ru lets be honest here, my Argument against that will be what it has always been.

Heres how I break it down..

The people who are running stealth, are running (Generally) it because it allows Incompetent Pvpers a lot of leeway, when used properly, as a replacement for Skill, Effectively "Making the Gap Smaller" Between "Elitists" and "Newbies".

Now, Detect, Honestly is a Nice Counter to Stealth (I am aware of this), HOWEVER!!

When you consider why these people are running stealth in the first place (So they dont die) You realize the problem.

People run stealth as a substitute for skill, when taken away, Everything stops..

The problem, as i have said before, lies in the Mindset of the player, However, This is NEVER going to change, Incompetent players will always be afraid to run good gear because they run the risk of losing it.

Basically, let me put this way.. It doesnt matter at all if Detect is a Good counter to stealth..

As long as stealth functions as it does currently (Giving Bad players amazing survivability) With only 1 Real Counter in the Game (Unlike almost All Other Skills) players on siege will abuse it.

The problem lies in the Mindset of the player, that it is "Okay" To abuse an Ability that is Overpowered on Siege.

V

Vaelix

I've seen plenty of other decent revealers besides myself, Kat, Loki, Gerb, and Roy to name a few. Why come here hoping to change things that give you a little trouble? I mean seriously, most of you guys seem to have very high opinions of your skills, yet you prefer to come here crying instead of learning how to play??? :confused:
I like you Ru, your one of the Few that I've always been good with No matter what Guild im with, but Ive gotta call you on this one Ru..

I've generally always run with "Elitist" players.. Do you people honestly think we don't know how to play the game.

I can tell you Multiple Multiple ways to reveal stealthers.. This doesnt however mean they are effective and can be used as an example of balance.

Here ya go (BFF Doesnt know how to play the game)

Meteor Swarm, Chain Lightning, Earth Quake, Poison Field, Poison spell, Poison skill, Conflag Pot, Explosion Pot, Super Nova Pot, Bard Disco, Bleed, Strangle, Poison Strike, Reveal Spell, Detect Hidden, Delayed Spell Damage, Wildfire, Thunderstorm, Essence of Wind, and Random Monsters.

All have a chance to reveal stealthers, However, None of these, are truely effective, against a Smart Stealther. (And I have Experience with Every Single Ability on that list, except random monsters i suppose)

I have played nearly Every single Pvp template on UO. (Now that I've been playing Prodo) Hell this is true for almost All of BFF.

We understand these abilities, we understand game mechanics, we understand how UO Functions..

The problem is, Combined with the Mindset of siege, there is no Actual counter stealth.

Revealer or not, if i *Really* Dont want to die as a stealther, I wont.

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2008
Ru lets be honest here, my Argument against that will be what it has always been.

Heres how I break it down..

The people who are running stealth, are running (Generally) it because it allows Incompetent Pvpers a lot of leeway, when used properly, as a replacement for Skill, Effectively "Making the Gap Smaller" Between "Elitists" and "Newbies".

Now, Detect, Honestly is a Nice Counter to Stealth (I am aware of this), HOWEVER!!

When you consider why these people are running stealth in the first place (So they dont die) You realize the problem.

People run stealth as a substitute for skill, when taken away, Everything stops..

The problem, as i have said before, lies in the Mindset of the player, However, This is NEVER going to change, Incompetent players will always be afraid to run good gear because they run the risk of losing it.

Basically, let me put this way.. It doesnt matter at all if Detect is a Good counter to stealth..

As long as stealth functions as it does currently (Giving Bad players amazing survivability) With only 1 Real Counter in the Game (Unlike almost All Other Skills) players on siege will abuse it.

The problem lies in the Mindset of the player, that it is "Okay" To abuse an Ability that is Overpowered on Siege.

So the idea of changing detect is to force the players that only pvp because they have stealth to help them from pvping at all...

V

Vaelix

So the idea of changing detect is to force the players that only pvp because they have stealth to help them from pvping at all...
Stealth offers a complete newbie unbelievable survivability, Throw it on someone who knows how to use it, and its unfair.

And no, Im not saying that, what Im saying is, "You are a Newb and you need to rely on Stealth, Yeah fine.." But the problem is..

They have better Survivability than a Damn 120x Mage who's been playing this game for 4 Years because of an imbalance of Skill.

V

Vaelix

Stealth is fine that it offers Newbies and Beginers a better chance, but, That "Little Better Chance" Shouldnt be the Almost "God Mode" that the current stealth offers.

As i said, Throw A Real PvPer on a stealther and tell him not to die, and he wont.

V

Vaelix

Hell heres something i just thought of, Your template (And the One I ran) Both had No way of healing except Pots, because Stealth Offered that kind of amazing survivability, No other Template besides a stealther can effectively run no Healing Skills except a Speedhacker.

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2008
I like you Ru, your one of the Few that I've always been good with No matter what Guild im with, but Ive gotta call you on this one Ru..

I've generally always run with "Elitist" players.. Do you people honestly think we don't know how to play the game.

I can tell you Multiple Multiple ways to reveal stealthers.. This doesnt however mean they are effective and can be used as an example of balance.

Here ya go (BFF Doesnt know how to play the game)

Meteor Swarm, Chain Lightning, Earth Quake, Poison Field, Poison spell, Poison skill, Conflag Pot, Explosion Pot, Super Nova Pot, Bard Disco, Bleed, Strangle, Poison Strike, Reveal Spell, Detect Hidden, Delayed Spell Damage, Wildfire, Thunderstorm, Essence of Wind, and Random Monsters.

All have a chance to reveal stealthers, However, None of these, are truely effective, against a Smart Stealther. (And I have Experience with Every Single Ability on that list, except random monsters i suppose)

I have played nearly Every single Pvp template on UO. (Now that I've been playing Prodo) Hell this is true for almost All of BFF.

We understand these abilities, we understand game mechanics, we understand how UO Functions..

The problem is, Combined with the Mindset of siege, there is no Actual counter stealth.

Revealer or not, if i *Really* Dont want to die as a stealther, I wont.
I'm well aware that you guys know how to play, my post was mostly directed at BR.

As i said in my previous post, changing the game is goin to reduce the amount of pvpers. If the problem is their mindset, and not the game, why bother changing the game?

V

Vaelix

I'm well aware that you guys know how to play, my post was mostly directed at BR.

As i said in my previous post, changing the game is goin to reduce the amount of pvpers. If the problem is their mindset, and not the game, why bother changing the game?
Because realistically 175 Skill isnt enough of an Investment for the Survivability and Support/Offensive Abilities Gained from Stealth/Hide.

I cant think of any other skill that function as powerful as stealth with as low investment as Stealth/Hide, with the exception of Chiv perhaps (However Chiv very Mana/Gear/Player Skill Dependent)

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2008
Because realistically 175 Skill isnt enough of an Investment for the Survivability and Support/Offensive Abilities Gained from Stealth/Hide.

I cant think of any other skill that function as powerful as stealth with as low investment as Stealth/Hide, with the exception of Chiv perhaps (However Chiv very Mana/Gear/Player Skill Dependent)
*cough* mage weapons *cough*

I agree with you there, I'm running at 190, and there are/were quite a few that did go to 120.

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2008
Stealth offers a complete newbie unbelievable survivability, Throw it on someone who knows how to use it, and its unfair.

And no, Im not saying that, what Im saying is, "You are a Newb and you need to rely on Stealth, Yeah fine.." But the problem is..

They have better Survivability than a Damn 120x Mage who's been playing this game for 4 Years because of an imbalance of Skill.
90% of the mages I run into, I'm lucky to hit more than 1 out of 5 swings.

Who needs survivability when your damn near untouchable? Sure, I can disarm that free 120 skill points out of their hands, but that only helps for so long and then I'm back to missing again.

V

Vaelix

*cough* mage weapons *cough*

I agree with you there, I'm running at 190, and there are/were quite a few that did go to 120.
I would agree with Mage weapons falling the same catagory, but Pure Mages have Long since been powerful.. (Meaing Magery Alone)

Its these combo mages that the Mage weapons are overpowered on.. Aka Myst Scribe Mage with -Mage for Scribe instead of Weapon Skill.

V

Vaelix

90% of the mages I run into, I'm lucky to hit more than 1 out of 5 swings.

Who needs survivability when your damn near untouchable? Sure, I can disarm that free 120 skill points out of their hands, but that only helps for so long and then I'm back to missing again.
Honestly, Ive been playing Dexxers.. They are still more powerful than mages.. And people say.. "Well Myst makes mages powerful again" Lol..

I was the 1st to make a Myst NSer with Resist on my prodo server.. Now i See em on Every server. Like 5 Days after i started PvPing on my Myst Dexxer, the Two Best (Hackiest) PvPers on LS Copied my Template to the T.

Its Siege... Siege makes things stronger or weaker..

On prodo Mages are strong, but Great Dexxers (Archers Especially) Are Tops.

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2008
Hell heres something i just thought of, Your template (And the One I ran) Both had No way of healing except Pots, because Stealth Offered that kind of amazing survivability, No other Template besides a stealther can effectively run no Healing Skills except a Speedhacker.

Considering our lack of a built in battle-friendly healing, increased survivability at the cost of no healing seems fair.

Magery/myst/sw/chiv/necro/bushi all have forms of healing that can be used in the heat of battle. We get cat/dog, which has some uses, but is not usually helpful in a fight...

V

Vaelix

Considering our lack of a built in battle-friendly healing, increased survivability at the cost of no healing seems fair.

Magery/myst/sw/chiv/necro/bushi all have forms of healing that can be used in the heat of battle. We get cat/dog, which has some uses, but is not usually helpful in a fight...
Nothing that those skills offer can compare to Smoke Bombs, and being able to move around the game invisible.

While at the same time, All of those skills require a Much better understanding of PvP to be used Effectively, where as stealth does not.

V

Vaelix

I have played various templates with every one of those skills Ru..

If someone sat down and asked me what Skills I think offer the best survivability on siege, I'd say Hide/Stealth, and thats with PvP Experience with nearly Every Skill in the game.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com

Nope. The only timer is hide. Feel free to test it yourself.

Track and detect counter stealth. It does not guarantee that the stealther is going to die, but it forces them to retreat/regroup, greatly reducing the stealther's effectiveness. Seems like some people here expect the stealther to just drop dead when revealed, they then come here and cry when it doesn't happen the way they want. These skills are balanced as they are, if you're having trouble countering hide/stealth, it's not the skills at fault. Learn to use the skills, I'm sure its not much more complicated than playing a mage effectively...
People expect to reveal stealthers for dedicating skill points in order to you know... reveal stealthers.

Thanks for naming a buncha stealthers.

You're a good counter to stealthers, but you're a stealther. Please stop pretending like you aren't here defending your favorite template ever. Your not only scared you won't be as effective. You're scared that of the few people left, less would run stealth after the changes.

You know stealth is over powered. You rely on it in order to counter those who stealth. A stealther, built to counter stealthers. You wouldn't be as effective as you are if you didn't have it.

We might need to take boosting monster loot off the table. I and others on my level enjoy having an item advantage over everyone else on this server whether its in factions or non-factions. We earned the right to run that kind of gear and I figure since we're all about whats best for me, me, me here instead of what's fair for all... it might be time to reconsider.

:lol:

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com

You have the ability to break aggro and bene act rules with smoke bombs. You have the ability to run at mount speeds without a mount. You can produce mirror images. So yes, you do have increased survivability. That doesn't mean stealthers should have the level of survivability they currently do, espectially against a detector.

Considering detect hidden is ineffective at revealing (the whole point of the skill.) Adjusting the skill so it is actually effective at revealing only seems fair.

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 11, 2010
Chesapeake/Atlantic
*adds her 2 cents worth* I don't see what the fuss is all about. 99% of the people I have seen (not seen) that are stealthers are crafters so I don't understand why Pvpers are so intent on killing those that can't defend themselves. Now if it was pvp stealthers there are tons of ways to find them. Conflag pots, earthquake, some myst spells, meteor swarms, elves passing by, poison fields, etc. So tell me who exactly is at a disadvantage here? Stealthers are usually on foot and hardly any have resisting spells on their template once reveal they are basically sitting ducks, with mages para spamming and such. In anycase I would probably vote to leave things as they are.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
*adds her 2 cents worth* I don't see what the fuss is all about. 99% of the people I have seen (not seen) that are stealthers are crafters so I don't understand why Pvpers are so intent on killing those that can't defend themselves. Now if it was pvp stealthers there are tons of ways to find them. Conflag pots, earthquake, some myst spells, meteor swarms, elves passing by, poison fields, etc. So tell me who exactly is at a disadvantage here? Stealthers are usually on foot and hardly any have resisting spells on their template once reveal they are basically sitting ducks, with mages para spamming and such. In anycase I would probably vote to leave things as they are.
This is about balance. It has nothing to do with killing crafters.

PvPers don't kill crafters. The players like Cheapsuit and Krystal who prey on newbs and crafters will still be the ones who do that.

If a player doesn't want to risk getting PK'd, they should check out Trammel.

Status
Not open for further replies.