• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reminder!!!!!!!

S

Steveo

Just a reminder if anyone is free tonight and need some good sos cards then meet in the Pit in Sellbot HQ at 9PM EST time. Also this is a good way to get your smaller toons out of the CC suits and avoid the shuffle. Wed night we were able to do one run and got a franz sos which is 4 star drop. So hopefully tonight we can do 2 or 3 maybe even 4 vps and get a few good 5 star cards. Also another note, when we get off the elevator and another toon identifies the shopkeeper as a low card they will say RUN. When they say that you will see toons dissapear. To RUN you have to do this before your suits disapear or you will go sad and lose your gags. They are two ways to do this. First if you are playing in windows mode then just X out the screen. Second, if you are playing in FUll screen mode then you have to hit ALT F4 and then Just log back on and you should be back in the pit, you just may have to change districts. So tonight at 9pm est kooky grove sellbot HQ pit SOS shopping spree. Hope to see a few there

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excellent!

I was just about to ask for detailed instructions to get out without losing my level 7's.

Thanks a lot.

S

Stubby

:popcorn: It looks like I will be there.

Question- Will we be doing factory runs to refill suits? I am only at two-face right now.

F

Fangs McWolf

:popcorn: It looks like I will be there.

Question- Will we be doing factory runs to refill suits? I am only at two-face right now.
SOS shopping is usually a series of VP runs, one after the other, until too many people drop out for it to be worth the effort. Generally if you're not maxed, you'd only be able to go for 1 run, then if you get merits in time, you could go again before it's over with.

Being a Two-Face, the most merits you'd need would be 2100 (4 short runs, about 45 to 50 mins if you don't have to run back to sell HQ each time after getting gags). However that's if you're a level 10. If you're levels 6-9, then 1 factory run (about 10 mins) and you're ready to go again.

Depending on how things go, it could take 10 mins before there's another good card again, or everyone might want to take a couple of mins break before starting over, or might want to wait for the other group(s) to finish before flooding in again, etc. So all that could work out in your favor. If nothing else, I'd say you should be able to VP at least 2 times before the shopping is over for the night.

S

Stubby

Thanks for that, I think I am level 8. Hope to see you there!

F

Fangs McWolf

Thanks for that, I think I am level 8. Hope to see you there!
Level 6, 260 merits
Level 7, 340 merits
Level 8, 420 merits
Level 9, 500 merits

then for level 10, 2100.

If you need the info for doing short factory runs, I can give it to you.

S

Stubby

If you need the info for doing short factory runs, I can give it to you.
I printed up the lists from the toontown players guide, is it different from that one? How many merits do you get per run anyway? Thanks again!!:popcorn:

B

Beachmom321

Please notify us of what district. I can bring a few 100 + toons to play along at 9 pm EST.

Toon: Roxy McGoober (108 laff) MAX Sound, Throw & Squirt (homegrown).

F

Fangs McWolf

I printed up the lists from the toontown players guide, is it different from that one? How many merits do you get per run anyway? Thanks again!!:popcorn:
[post=55890]Here ya go (click here!)[/post]

Please notify us of what district. I can bring a few 100 + toons to play along at 9 pm EST.
Meet in the pit like we do on Sundays then we can load and go.
This will be a SOS shopping event.

Event: VP runs
When: Friday Nights 900pm est til eveyone leaves
Districts: Kooky Groove

SOS Shopping

B

Bumbledogswirls

Stubbs, you get 789 merits per run. (full w/ invasions) The rest of you, another FOOLPROOF way to get out of the VP safely is to clickon the computer (Wireless internet connection) icon on the bottom left hand side of your taskbar, and click disable. You'll have to go back to your control panel from your start menu. You'll find your wireless connection section and you'll have to right click it and choose enable. You'll have to sign back in and everything, but you won't end up sad in the SBHQ.

F

Fangs McWolf

Stubbs, you get 789 merits per run. (full w/ invasions) The rest of you, another FOOLPROOF way to get out of the VP safely is to clickon the computer (Wireless internet connection) icon on the bottom left hand side of your taskbar, and click disable. You'll have to go back to your control panel from your start menu. You'll find your wireless connection section and you'll have to right click it and choose enable. You'll have to sign back in and everything, but you won't end up sad in the SBHQ.
#1 no, 776 merits with invasion. 388 without invasion. Thats if you do defeat ALL sets of cogs and skelecogs.

#2 disconnecting your network leaves you open to finding your toon sad and gagless. The only guaranteed safe way to disconnect is to exit the TT program. ALT-F4 (or click the "X" if its windowed).

A

andy1796

Julius Wheezer.. Didn't need that anyway. Sorry I died, I didn't have time to restock my laff points.. Well i'll do GREAT next time so count me in if you are doing this again

B

Beachmom321

I must say that was pretty crappy of you guys. Thought this vp run thing would be cool. I didn't receive any notice of you guys jumping out for not getting toon (SOS) you wanted. Whether this was done behind my back as a type of hazzing or due to messaging issues, either way I find it kind of childish really. Thanks again Susan!

F

Fangs McWolf

Something happened and it took me out.. it's hard to explain
Were you losing laff even before the battle started and even when you weren't being attacked? If so, it's a common bug.

I must say that was pretty crappy of you guys. Thought this vp run thing would be cool. I didn't receive any notice of you guys jumping out for not getting toon (SOS) you wanted. Whether this was done behind my back as a type of hazzing or due to messaging issues, either way I find it kind of childish really. Thanks again *****!
I can vouch for her character. She very likely said run and then X'd out but the message didn't appear for you for some reason. On the first try, she said "Run!" and I bailed out FAST. If you read my little warning in a past post, you'll see that I mention that despite the best of efforts, sometimes things go bad.

S

Steveo

I agree with Fangs Susan is a great player and would not do this on purpose. Sry you went sad but sometimes things do not go well.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't receive any notice of you guys jumping out for not getting toon (SOS) you wanted.
Are you saying you didn't realize that an SOS shopping run meant you bail when it's a bad card, or are you saying what Fangs and Steve think you're saying?

A

andy1796

Kinda silly of me 2 ask but how did my buddy Sir Clarence Fuzzymuffin do? He's a good character.. You know when I went sad?

OH and Fangs, yes that's what happened.. it took like 3 laff after Mr. Hollywood did those things.. and uh.. then he shined his teeth at me then I died..

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it went okay for the most part. I did get Franz but couldn't repeat cause I needed thousands of merits before I could go back in.

Thanks to Steve for organizing this and for helping me get a code from Stubby.

Thanks to the factory group for waiting for me at the foreman battle even risking the invasion ending. One moment we were all running against the doors. Then Susan disappeared and both Stinky and Stubby were frozen; after a few seconds, they disappeared as well. Then I realized you were all inside already. For some reason the inner door (vertical split) of the center silo wouldn't open. That is why it took me so long to get in.

Thanks to Susan for helping me get into NR. I didn't get to go with Fangs during SOS shopping, but your post of how to do and maximize solo factory runs was very helpful. Mr. Hollywood, here I come!!! ;

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I was also on that run and did not see the RUN message. We went in with 5 toons. 2 bailed, 3 didnt see any warning. I stayed because I didnt see it. This was NOT done on purpose. It was a fluke. The first run when someone (I think Susan) said run I saw it and ran without problem. What I found interesting was that once we were stuck in the battle with 3 toons all over 100 laff all on the same side, the 2 on my side left me without warning (I am assuming they went sad because they bailed not died). If they had stayed and fought that first round of cogs, which I might add we were 1/2 way through, I would not have gone sad and lost all my level 7 gags!!! 3 lures and 2 level 7s missed after those toons left and I was left to fight by myself. We could have safely bailed after that first cog round. Oh well, easy come easy go. Yeah, I'm upset too, but NOT by a fluke and a missed "run" warning or by the toon who said it or the toon who saw it!!

G

Granjell

I think that those of us who had no real experience with SOS shopping are the ones who had trouble last night. It seems to me to be very tricky timing it to get out before that first round of cog battle, and perhaps we should all agree to at least stay through that round. Gags are cheap at this level. Even with 112 laff, I felt I could not have survived battling the whole round on my own, and ended up sad anyway for my trouble. We did go again, seven of us, after the fiasco, and we got Sid Sonata, a 4star sound. Perhaps not top-of-the-line, but not too shabby.

Yep - If I go again for SOS shopping, I intend to stay at least through the first round of cogs.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps y'all should do the alternative method of shopping until you get to learn the cards better. You can EASILY see the toon's name right before you're fighting the round 1 cogs. You can just blast through the first round of cogs with high gags then bail between rounds safely. Like Granny said, gags are cheap enough to replace.. and this way no one risks sadness. It really doesn't take that much longer.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

Even with 112 laff, I felt I could not have survived battling the whole round on my own, and ended up sad anyway for my trouble. (Quote from Granjell)

I really think it was a fluke that it didnt come acrossed for some reason. I have seen it happen before where you can't see what someone says. For some reason it just doesnt show up on the screen. The 3 who apparently didnt get the warning were all on the opposite side. Maybe for some reason it was blocked by the VP talk. Not a big deal at all.....stuff like this happens. It just didnt have to turn out the way it did! Normally I would have expected to make it by myself, esp with 120 laff and the easy cog round!! The problem was that when the toons bailed, I was already down to 80 laff and then my lures missed. I finally lured, used a wedding cake and IT missed!!! Then the geyser didnt take out one level 10 cog that was orange and he finished me off!! I don't know if it just didnt hit that cog or what happened there. There also seemed to be an inordinate number of 12s that came out.....maybe because no one was on the other side. There was no way I could take those out without getting hit. Oh well.

I agree that maybe we should just plan on doing the first cog round regardless and then bail if it isnt a good card. That way there is no chance of someone not getting the message. It doesnt take that much time. I know it is quicker to just do it at the start though. I would just hate to see this happen again.:)

S

Stubby

I was in the very first vp group and was lucky enuf to see Susan yell RUN. When we regrouped in the pit, we realized that some were left behind. We were all upset and felt very bad about it and just hoped that the ones inside could hang on. I don't know why you didn't see the RUN message, but I am sorry you didn't. I have also been the victim of weird glitches, it happens to everyone eventually.

As far as Susan goes, she is a very thoughtful and generous player. SHe really stepped up for me when I first started with Stratics events and made me feel like I was part of the group. :popcorn:

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I too want to make it VERY clear that this was NOT anyone's fault and I have to say that I was very upset by the implication that it was or that it was done intentionally!!! Susan, you are absolutely awesome and you are in NO WAY responsible for what happened!! And don't let anyone try to tell you otherwise!!!! You are always helping everyone else and burning countless TU unites to keep everyone else safe!!!! I love going on runs with you!!! I guess I'm still a little upset by what was said!!

S

Steveo

Sally is right it was nobody's fault. Its one of those bad cases in which nothing goes right. I am sorry sally What I should have done was stated that everyone just get through the first round and then if it is not a good card then RUN. It does not take that much more time either. So Next Friday we will do that. THis was the first one and it is over and we learn from our mistakes so next week everyone stays till the end of the 1st cog round and then determine if you are staying or leaving. I was pretty mad after I read what was said about susan. She is a great person and willing to help anyone no matter of laugh or age. Thanks for all your Help Susan.

B

Beachmom321

Please don't get me wrong I am not mad at Susan at all. I was only upset that I lost all level 7's because I wasn't able to see anyone say RUN ... I know that these things can happen but it happened twice in a row to my friend and then to myself and that's what made me hot. Could you post names of toons you run from I think that could be helpful. TTFN!

Connie ~~ Roxcy McGoober

B

Beachmom321

Trish I knew of the possiblity I just didn't not recieve the word, just noticed all toons on other side of VP were gone. To late to retain myself that way. I would like to learn this stuff and I wouldn't if I didn't post good and bad experiences! I hope all have a great weekend. TTFN!

Connie ~~ Roxy McGoober

B

Beachmom321

Please read that in my message where I was upset in no part of it did I say anything bad or derrogatory toward Susan ... I think she is awesome as well. I vented and simply thanked Susan at the end of my message.

Roxy McGoober

S

Steveo

Connie I aplogize for you losing all of your level 7s and your friend getting it twice. Next Friday will be something new. We are going to stay til after the first round and then decide whether to stay or run. This happens to the best of us and its unfortunate. I believe there is a place on TT Stratics that has a list of the SOS Toons. I am also sorry I just read your post like you were telling her thanks for leaving. Sorry about that.

Does the Shopkeepers have different clothes on or do they wear the same outfit?

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I think it is really important to know, no matter how we do this or who you are with, that if you fight it out until the end of the first round, you can safely bail. If you do it at any time when you are fighting the cogs, you will go sad. I have done numerous random runs when I was little where a bunch of HWs were SOS shopping and left me high and dry. I had absolutely no idea of what was going on. I learned the hard way when to bail. That is why it took me so long to max sell. I wanted nothing to do with the VP or the shuffling. It took Stratics and this wonderful group of people to show me that the VP isnt a cursed evil place!!!! :grouphug:

At least with the Stratics SOS shopping runs, it sounds like this is no longer an issue. But it is good info to know just in case!!

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Connie I aplogize for you losing all of your level 7s and your friend getting it twice. Next Friday will be something new. We are going to stay til after the first round and then decide whether to stay or run. This happens to the best of us and its unfortunate. I believe there is a place on TT Stratics that has a list of the SOS Toons. I am also sorry I just read your post like you were telling her thanks for leaving. Sorry about that.

Does the Shopkeepers have different clothes on or do they wear the same outfit?
http://toontown.stratics.com/content/gameplay/SOs/SOS.html

I printed it out before and checked the 5 stars, franz and daffy don. This helped me decide if I needed to use a 3 or 4 star during either cog or skele round.

Skin/Hide color is obvious and you can usually figure out the animal type.

Prof. Pete is the only blue cat.
Franz is the only yellow mouse.
LOM is the only purple bunny.
Moe Zart is the only green dog.
Clerk Clara is the only red bunny.

I haven't yet learned to distinguish Bessie from Sofie and Penny or Flippy from Flim Flam.

S

Steveo

We should have ran but it was too late for me to say anything bc my computer froze on me. Fangs kept asking stay or go and i was stuck. Next time we will not be staying for as flippers put it Smelly Cat!!!!!

G

Granjell

Even a smelly cat is better than no cat if you have no cats at all!! hee hee

S

Steveo

Another good point that Sally B. Brought to my attention is that she was with a low laugh toon going in that was not healed and bascially after 1 hit they either went sad or was very close, like 3 laugh away. So please if you come Friday night make sure that your toon is full of laugh and gags. Also another note is that when you are with a group of small laugh toons Please dont hit a cog unless you know that you can take it out. Communication is key while in the VP. I have been trying to help cyndy determine what she can and cannot kill alone and the hit points it takes to kill a cog. Is there anywhere that you can get that information from. I got susan to tell me while i was playing so i wrote them down. SO if anyone has a link please post

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been trying to help cyndy determine what she can and cannot kill alone and the hit points it takes to kill a cog. Is there anywhere that you can get that information from. I got susan to tell me while i was playing so i wrote them down. SO if anyone has a link please post
http://toontown.stratics.com/content/gameplay/cogs/ Down the article, it shows the max amount of hit points to take out a cog:

There's also Gag-A-Matic, made by bluedog. It's a program, not so good for on-the-fly, but you add gags and it tells you when the cog will die. http://toontown.stratics.com/downloads/Gag-A-Matic.exe

S

Sally Bumblefoot

One huge problem I am having is going back and forth between Sally and Precious. A cake from Sally can take out a lured level 11 cog if he jumps back. A cake from Precious wont take a 9!!! It used to not take an 8!! It is the same with the whole cream pie. I notice they are getting stronger but when you are used to maxed gags and play a toon that doesnt have maxed gags it is a lot different! Are these charts and the gag meter geared for maxed gags?

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been trying to help cyndy determine what she can and cannot kill alone and the hit points it takes to kill a cog. Is there anywhere that you can get that information from. I got susan to tell me while i was playing so i wrote them down. SO if anyone has a link please post
Not sure if this is what you mean or even if it still applies. Someone mentioned to me that the HQ cogs now require higher points than on the streets. Haven't come across anything like this in the forums yet though.

http://www.toontowncentral.com/forums/cold-callers-guild/79495-ccg-training-info-guide.html

Thanks to Trish for the earlier correction. I had copied it from my printout instead of cut and paste.

S

Steveo

The cogs in the factories does not have different hit points than the buidlings or streets. Thanks for that guide i will give that too her so incase I am not home she knows what to do.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone mentioned to me that the HQ cogs now require higher points than on the streets. Haven't come across anything like this in the forums yet though.
That person probably just doesn't understand the different knockback bonuses from lure.

F

Flippers

Not sure if this is what you mean or even if it still applies. Someone mentioned to me that the HQ cogs now require higher points than on the streets. Haven't come across anything like this in the forums yet though.
Advanced Luring article? Otherwise I haven't seen a difference.

F

Fangs McWolf

Could you post names of toons you run from I think that could be helpful. TTFN!
It's way easier to know which toons to STAY for. If it's not one to stay for, then you run. There are only 6 level 5 cards to stay for out of 29 possibilities. Add in a Franz Neckvein and it's still easier to remember 7/29 instead of 22/29.

Here are the cards to stay for. The grey one is a level 4 that you might stay for, depending on the group, but the others are ones you stay for period.

I have been trying to help cyndy determine what she can and cannot kill alone and the hit points it takes to kill a cog. Is there anywhere that you can get that information from.
Cog hit points = (Cog level + 1) * (Cog level + 2). Obvious exception is level 12, which is always 200 points.

Level 9 cog = (9+1=10) * (9+2=11) = 10 * 11 = 110.

Yes, it's hard to calculate each cog level as they come out but after a few times, they're easy to remember.

1=6, 2=12, 3=20, 4=30, 5=42, 6=56 <--- 6 & 11 both end
7=72, 8=90, 9=110, 10=132, 11=156 <--- with "56" for hit points.
12=200 always

The 6 and 11 cogs are easy to remember. A level 6 is 56 points. Add the 5 and 6 together and you get 11. Keep in mind the 11 is 156 and not just 56 and you're good to go. :)

Someone mentioned to me that the HQ cogs now require higher points than on the streets.
In the Boss HQ, when you go on a CGC or CEO run, there are "ver 2.0" cogs, which are basically a cog and a skelecog combined. You kill the cog and then you have to kill the skelecog. There are ways to kill it with only 1 attack (such as a level 12, lured, with 3 cakes will kill the cog and skelecog at the same time), but you can kill both during one round, killing first the cog and then the later gags kill the skelecog.

B

Beachmom321

Thanks guys for understanding, teaching and allowing me to learn trust that I will take all the advice I can so that I can bring my group up right. Have a great weekend all ... Happy Father's Day to those men out there & keep smilin.:grouphug:
Connie ~ Roxy McGoober

H

Holocog

#2 disconnecting your network leaves you open to finding your toon sad and gagless. The only guaranteed safe way to disconnect is to exit the TT program. ALT-F4 (or click the "X" if its windowed).
No it doesnt always work like that. If you are in a batlle and you alt f4 you have a chance of going sad. A FOOOLPROOF way IS to dissconnect your internet. Toontown will think your internet had a problem. If your wireless then you have to do aaalll that, disabling then reabling internet, but it takes like 30 seconds and is gauranteed to make you not loose your lv 7s.:thumbup1::thumbup1: