• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reforging 100% Elemental + 100% Mana Leech

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have seen a few 100% Elemental + 100% Mana Leech weapons on players. So I gave it a shot. I used Powerful, Grand/Inspired/Exalted/Inspired Artifice with Vampiric - of the vampire + Exquisite - of Quality. 6 charges a shot. About 25 attempts - all trash. I called it a loss at this point.

Anyone been able to achieve this? If so, what hammer and how many charges did it take?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why would you want to put only 100% mana leech? I never have any problem with the mana leech from imbuing. If you imbue the weapon the mana leech will drop to max imbue %.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I could be wrong but I think he's talking about something like a double axe (can have 100 ML from reforging overcap); if you don't add SSI then it remains at 100%.

@Val-Tur - When you saw these weapons did they say reforged at the very bottom or did they say something like "Major Artifact"? If it was the latter, those are looted and cannot be made. If it said "Reforged" (minor) or something like that then it's possible. If it is possible to reforge it could possibly from selecting 1 property (like of quality) and letting the other be random. If you could post a pic it might be easier to determine.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will have to try to see if I can find those players again. But, yes it is obviously a 2h weapon. Example is a 100% fire damage bladed staff with 100% mana leech. I thinik the odds of getting this on reforging are so low that I would spend way too much money to achieve even one of these, let alone a set with slayers.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
its possible to reforge it but the success rate is probably something like 1 in 10k+.
its the same chance as trying to get a bokuto 100% poison and 70% lightning.
There used to have a bug tho when reforging first came out that allowed some ppl to reforge twice the same weapon, so they were able to re-reforge a 100% elemental weapon and hope to get overcapped mana leech, but these weapon have some bugged names so they are easy to spot

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I think you're talking about something like this. It's one of the best weapons I've ever found. It's 70% cold, not 100% - but with triple leech. I've never found another like it.
1605979298358.png

With reforging, I came awfully close with this one. I've since imbued it to the state you see now, but after reforging it was 100% fire with 97% mana leech. You can tell because you can't imbue above 81% mana leech. This came in awfully handy during the Despise event

1605979256639.png

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I was chasing 100% elemental at the time, and I don't recall what runic I was using. I've reforged many double axes (several hundred probably) and that's the only one I've gotten with elemental + anything close to 100% leech. I don't think that's probably typical; I think I got extremely lucky. I think I would reforge for 100% elemental and then imbue 81% leech. You might get lucky but I wouldn't aim for it. 19% more leech isn't that huge a deal.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see a lot of people now without SSI on their double axes. I really do not think half these people are swinging at 1.25. That or they have had to make serious compromises to other stats. To maintain 180 sta, 150 str/hp, 15dci/hci, 100 DCI, to have fire / poison resist overcapped enough to compensate for VE & for when you get corpse skinned (extra 40 FR / 15 PR), & to swing at 1.25 - seems impossible. Which is what I am playing around with trying to do. I can have all the above but I am stuck with SSI on my axe. HP gear is a big issue holding me back. Legendary gear does not seem to come with HP & STA on the same piece. I have searched tons of gear for it on VS. So I am stuck with imbuing 3 pieces of gear with HP. If I had one more legendary that had hp & sta, I could use tinker legs (the resists are terrible). Long story short, either I have 100% mana leech & swing slower or live with lower mana leech.

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Yeah, I think it's impossible to max out all those stats (I assume you meant 45 HCI/DCI instead of 15) with gear that drops today, plus have any casting buffs (FC/FCR) that are handy for a dragoon like me. My DCI is not maxxed, nor are my HP. I do swing at 1.25, but have to make compromises in other areas. I don't need overcapped resists because I'm not a sampire - but I cast more than a sampire so some FC/FCR is really important. Tradeoffs everywhere. The new despise SSI epaullettes were a God-send.

I am in the process of removing DI on my weapons, as I can get to 100 on my suit. I farmed up some whetstones for my next batch of weapons; I'm excited to use that 5th imbuing slot for something other than DI.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I see a lot of people now without SSI on their double axes. I really do not think half these people are swinging at 1.25. That or they have had to make serious compromises to other stats. To maintain 180 sta, 150 str/hp, 15dci/hci, 100 DCI, to have fire / poison resist overcapped enough to compensate for VE & for when you get corpse skinned (extra 40 FR / 15 PR), & to swing at 1.25 - seems impossible. Which is what I am playing around with trying to do. I can have all the above but I am stuck with SSI on my axe. HP gear is a big issue holding me back. Legendary gear does not seem to come with HP & STA on the same piece. I have searched tons of gear for it on VS. So I am stuck with imbuing 3 pieces of gear with HP. If I had one more legendary that had hp & sta, I could use tinker legs (the resists are terrible). Long story short, either I have 100% mana leech & swing slower or live with lower mana leech.
Swords has it easy. The 2 hand mace weapon for WW is 3.75. Easy to get 180 stamina. I have 229 on my guys.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
What is your budget for optimizing your gear?

It is hard to max out every last aspect, so Prioritizing for your budget is important.

Not having SSI or DI on weapons is an achievable goal if you aren’t aiming to remain at max resists after corpse skin.
That is an extremely expensive goal and corpse skin is situational.

3 crafted pieces with a mix of legendary and artifacts sounds like the right mix that most people use. Then they will mix it in with SSI on ring and bracket with town bonus.

If you are looking for advice on how to tweak, post your gear. If not, that’s cool too. To each his own, the game is fun when you like what your are doing. It’s also really cool when someone gives you a tip that really works, which I’ve gotten lots of from this forum.

One question. Why do you want 100 mana leech? 81 seems to work perfectly fine and I can do any content I need to.

If I remember the way mana leech works, it would mean you have a chance at leeching more mana on a hit where it proc s.

You can google the exact formula, but it is something like you have a chance to leech between 0 and X * mana leech%. So a 100 leech weapon doesn’t mean you leech every hit. Just slightly more sometimes. Doesn’t seem like a valuable thing to over cap.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
100% Elemental and 100% Mana Leach is damn near impossible to get with reforging without some other non-sense mods. I've never gotten one after thousands of tries and have only ever seen one or two. 81% HML is relatively easy to get, such as the example in Elessar's post.

100% Elemental aside, it's not too difficult with Physical damage to get 100% Hit Mana Leach for something like this:
1605989523910.png

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Mine was 97%, not 81%. 100% fire damage with 97% mana leech. I imbued the 81% life leech after the reforge.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The reason I waned 100% mana leech is that if I add 30% SSI it drops to 87% vs the much lower amount (60ish) if iimbued. I have a 100% physical axe (all purpose) with 100% mana leech reduced to 87% from having 30% SSI - I am ok with this generic axe but I want to push it for a more extreme version. I am trying to max as much as possible, because apparently I like to drive myself crazy =).

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
I see, I think the better route is to get SSI on jewels and not add it to your weapon. Interested to hear other opinions on this, but my take would be not to aim for SSI on weapon if you are thinking a long term build.

The set up I use is not expensive and I can fit 100 DI and 20SSI without a weapon. It isn't super overcap on resists, but it does the job for any content I need and I am free to use 5 mods on any weapon.

1605993982291.png

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You must have some legendary & very lucky jewelry to have everything maxed (well 149 dex).

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you can actually reforge more than 100% manaleech, I beleive the overcap intensity on any mod is 140%, which means if you can imbue up to 87% mana leech, you are able to reforge up to 120%ish it will still show 100% , but when you imbue 30 ssi on the double axe, it wont drop below 100% , will still stays at 100%+...
here's the link to the hit mana leech page archived from uoguide

Last edited:

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see, I think the better route is to get SSI on jewels and not add it to your weapon. Interested to hear other opinions on this, but my take would be not to aim for SSI on weapon if you are thinking a long term build.

The set up I use is not expensive and I can fit 100 DI and 20SSI without a weapon. It isn't super overcap on resists, but it does the job for any content I need and I am free to use 5 mods on any weapon.

View attachment 113963
Do you have a link to your suit somewhere? I am interested to see how you managed to max everything on your suit.

wingnut

Adventurer
Its not impossible. The SSI epaulettes are what made it able to do. You need 35% SSI to swing a Double Axe at 1.25 seconds with 150 dex. Being able to get the 10 from ring, 10 from brace, 10 from epaulettes, and 5 from trade deal does it. So now no need to have SSI on the wep as 150 + stamina is easily doable.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Do you have a link to your suit somewhere? I am interested to see how you managed to max everything on your suit.
I have a few suits I did on the cheap. And reached over 180 stam with 20ssi. (15 with jewels and 5 from town bonus).

I’ll post some stuff later. One key is that I got it done cheaper by not using mace and shield glasses. I have one suit that uses them and 2 cheaper that don’t.

You can cut corners and still land at a pretty high level. I don’t struggle to do much content with a not super expensive suit.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Swords are really easy. My samp is like this:
Weapon had 29% parry chance on it so I don't think I'm at any disadvantage with the 35DCI.
Can drop to 180 Stam and still be at max SSI. He uses mace and shield glasses, obi, and Britches of warding. Rest is either reforged or something I found. Wears a Blackthorns robe.

1606008279198.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My Paladin macer needs more speed for his war axe that does WW.

Also the weapon shows 29% parry. I could put 15 DCI on a weapon if I found something I needed it for. Used him to kill everything in Deceit. I do not miss the casting speed. I use petals and apples when needed. Only casted when nothing was around me.

Also slow weapons hit hard and have high leech. Thats why I asked why you need 100.

1606009190575.png

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
I was messing around to try to get 70% mana drain and got one with overcap Stam leech and 70% fire damage. I enhanced with bronze to get 100% fire

I think it is possible but rare to get an overcap mod and 100 elemental. this came from copper+powerful+vampire:

I did about 100 axes and 2 came out that randomly had elemental damage as an extra mod. first one was garbgae so i didnt keep it
1606010574626.png

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless you have a ridiculous amount of plat and an insane desire to simply prove it can be done, I do not see it worth trying to chase 100% elemental / mana. If you accidentally get close to it while making something else, I call that a win. I just remember at least 2 bladed staffs with those stats. I am wracking my brain trying to remember the players names I saw with them. It got me wondering if this was a new trend.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Agreed. I wasn’t trying for elemental actually, just wanted 70 mana drain and elemental came out randomly.

I saw a video on YouTube of a crazy guy that wanted a 70 hit lightning 100poison boku. Video was on 20x speed and it took him like 4 strait days to finally get one. I’m guessing it was thousands and thousands of attempts

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is the best I could reforge:
1606012870923.png
Its pretty much the same as I could have imbued.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I will have to try to see if I can find those players again. But, yes it is obviously a 2h weapon. Example is a 100% fire damage bladed staff with 100% mana leech. I thinik the odds of getting this on reforging are so low that I would spend way too much money to achieve even one of these, let alone a set with slayers.
Funny thing is, the 100% Fire Damage is pretty much a waste on that Bladed Staff, since it just spams AI anyways, so the Element doesn't matter.

This here's my favorite Bladed Staff. My Wammy/Sampire uses it for Khal Ankur, and any high Resists foe with no Slayer. The 1 FC on it along with the +1 FC Town Bonus lets me cast Curse Weapon real fast.
Caddellite Bladed Staff.PNG

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Ang7 - If you use a valiant commendation (assuming you don't have that rather than being too new) you would get +5 stat points which would put your dex at 150 and bump your int/mana by 4.

I'd be curious myself to see your suit if it's not a trade secret as I've typically had to sacrifice Str/HP on my builds because I can't seem to get the right pieces. Wondering if you have some no name legendaries in there that make your suit possible.

Side note to others though, you don't always need to max out DCI (depending on your template) if you are going to use refinements because it lowers your DCI cap. I do at least -15 DCI which essentially removes the need to have DCI on a jewelry piece.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
I’ll post all my gear tomorrow morning. Can’t really log in this weekend.

I do have valiant and 25 stat scroll. This samp is on a newer account so I don’t have 260 stats. I wanted to share this guy because I cut corners and still got to a good place.

Main sacrifice are not using mace and shield and I rely on 5 SSi town bonus. Also have some medable pieces with good stats. I don’t get the full LMc and stam protection. But it works fine and my stats are maxed

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I’ll post all my gear tomorrow morning. Can’t really log in this weekend.

I do have valiant and 25 stat scroll. This samp is on a newer account so I don’t have 260 stats. I wanted to share this guy because I cut corners and still got to a good place.

Main sacrifice are not using mace and shield and I rely on 5 SSi town bonus. Also have some medable pieces with good stats. I don’t get the full LMc and stam protection. But it works fine and my stats are maxed
That's good to know. I'm assuming you are running as an elf as well for the +20 mana?

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Yes. Running elf.

I also realized why this one is so high on dex. This one is an unusual build, I use one item that everyone hates. And I have + 17 dex between my ring and bracelet.

That said, is there any benefit for having dex instead of stam? I was under the impression that dex and stam are pretty much the same. They count the same toward swing speed.

150 STR is important for Base damage. 150 dex seems meaningless as long as your stam is high enough from added stam items. Right?

Seraphina_152

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Dex determines the amount of time it takes to heal with a bandage but that doesn't matter to most people because most everyone runs sampires with no healing lol

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bronze hammer. But you can only pick one name.

You'll get 100% Mana leech + 70% Elemental and can enhance up to 100% Cold and 100% Fire.

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I'm trying to create a 100% elemental longsword. I've reforged over 200 longswords and gotten 2 100% weapons. Both were fire. I've probably gotten 7 or 8 70% energy weapons but can't hit a 100%. So frustrating.

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
And I realize the longsword special of Armor Ignore doesn't benefit from an elemental damage type; I just think they look cool.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm trying to create a 100% elemental longsword. I've reforged over 200 longswords and gotten 2 100% weapons. Both were fire. I've probably gotten 7 or 8 70% energy weapons but can't hit a 100%. So frustrating.
Use shadow runics. I have 50 100% elemental longswords, bladed staffs, double axes, & radiant scimitars from reforging. It was not that difficult. It takes quite a few hammers, but nothing like what you are experiencing.

Also, everytime you swing with a long sword will not be an AI. Hopefully you will be swinging at 1.25s. Probably 20-30% of your swings will be regular attacks. So every bit counts.

Last edited:

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Of course, this morning I've hit 100% elemental 5 times in 30 or so tries. Still no energy, but I've gotten 3 cold already. RNG streaks can be so frustrating.

One thing I had forgotten: 1-handed weapons have 100 fewer imbuing points. That stings. I can't do Slayer, 87% HML, 87% HLL, 50% HLA, 50% HLD on a 1-hander like a longsword. I want to use a "Sign of Order" shield with this build - the stats are perfect for my dragoon (no necro). I use M&S glasses, so maybe the 30% HLD on those is enough. I may just drop in 20% HSL instead of HLD.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I stopped bothering with HLD on weapons & use Mace & Shield. Since the trend now with this development team is to have so many event mobs as paragons (whether they are tagged as paragon or not), HLA is more useful overall as you will have a dozen of them all over you.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
As promised. This is a budget friendly build that I use on my samp that isn't my main one.

Handles pretty close to the top tier stuff, I honestly don't notice the difference most times. Cutting corners by using medable gear and skipping mace and shield save you lots of money. The bronze valkarie armor is practically free; i think 10k on vendor search gets you one. No skills on jewels, but i can still manage fine without the boost to anat or parry (which is where I skimp)

It is an ugly suit for certain, but it gets the job done. I would say this is a very good intermediate suit and you can fine tune and upgrade pieces when you feel like spending much more money.

i think i forgot to screen shot the Jumu that i use. I get to 100 damage without weapon with:
20 jumu, 20 soldier medal, 25 ring, 25 bracelet, 10 on woodland arms.

15SSI on gear with 5 from town =20 SSI
198 stam is enough to stay above 180 for max swings for the vast majority of what i do

Attachments

Last edited:

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I appreciate your posting the gear. Sadly the bronze valkrarie makes this not an option for me. Is your mace & shield setup also with the valkrarie? What is your chivalry at? I am guessing 60 since no skill on jewels?

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Very nice Ang7. Where I'm really suffering is HP. I'm only at 135 right now. It seems like there's always something you give up; bump up HCI here, drop 8 strength there. That's the beauty of suit-building, I suppose. If it was all easily obtainable, it wouldn't be engaging.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As promised. This is a budget friendly build that I use on my samp that isn't my main one.

Handles pretty close to the top tier stuff, I honestly don't notice the difference most times. Cutting corners by using medable gear and skipping mace and shield save you lots of money. The bronze valkarie armor is practically free; i think 10k on vendor search gets you one. No skills on jewels, but i can still manage fine without the boost to anat or parry (which is where I skimp)

It is an ugly suit for certain, but it gets the job done. I would say this is a very good intermediate suit and you can fine tune and upgrade pieces when you feel like spending much more money.

i think i forgot to screen shot the Jumu that i use. I get to 100 damage without weapon with:
20 jumu, 20 soldier medal, 25 ring, 25 bracelet, 10 on woodland arms.

15SSI on gear with 5 from town =20 SSI
198 stam is enough to stay above 180 for max swings for the vast majority of what i do
Thanks so much for this! If you don't mind one more question; what are your stats before the suit? Maybe I'm missing something but I only see 21 str and 25hp from the gear so that would put you around 146str and 148hp... are you buffed there with a petal or something?

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Thanks so much for this! If you don't mind one more question; what are your stats before the suit? Maybe I'm missing something but I only see 21 str and 25hp from the gear so that would put you around 146str and 148hp... are you buffed there with a petal or something?
my stats are 125 STR, 120 Dex, 10 Int
I also have swords mastery 3 going so that gives you 5 extra STR on top.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
I appreciate your posting the gear. Sadly the bronze valkrarie makes this not an option for me. Is your mace & shield setup also with the valkrarie? What is your chivalry at? I am guessing 60 since no skill on jewels?
I sacrificed resist so I could have 120 chiv. I run roof with this guy so 120 chiv is a must and lack of resist only makes a difference for Juonar. For my samp that does spawns, I have zero chiv and 100 resist. (and all metal armor for stam protection)

This one was my oddball set up. I'll post a different set up tomorrow that might work better for you.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cool. I like getting ideas for different options from other peoples higher end suits.

If I could get one certain item, I could revamp my suit and have it all. But it is a hard one to get without xsharding to and from Atlantic. I really do not understand why some of the most desired gear is obtained through events that no one is interested in doing because it either sucks or is boring - I.E. Doom (boring) or Despise (sucks).

Last edited: