• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Recruiting

D

Dreamspinner

I thought a fence was the person selling stolen property not the one buying it.:confused:

And, Am I reading this correctly that someone filed a RL police report on VIRTUAL stolen property??
How do you think the fence aquires the property?
I realized that part after I posted it but in the case of the keep he still wouldnt be a fence. He would have bought it from a fence.

H

hydro

lol too funny. i never posted about you before. i just started posting here. seems your memrory isnt too sharp anymore. you know i didnt sit there and talk to someone for 2 mins. everyone who knows me knows my patience is very short. i would have not stood there for more that 5 seconds if your char was not responding to me. you talked smack about me getting on my red mage only because you thought i would get ganked and you would steal the kill. you made the fight last longer by off screening and skipping all around me. we all belive you, your chars are very easy to kill. well lets see what else you can dream up now.....

Well there you go. If none of that happened to you then it must have been someone else who killed me at the gate.

it was me that destroyed your worthless archer, but it wasnt as you described. like i said your memeroy seems to be gone these days.. i guess your ex took that too when she left???!!

M

Malador

I realized that part after I posted it but in the case of the keep he still wouldnt be a fence. He would have bought it from a fence.

I am not naming names but this is how I see this scenario playing out.

1. The first person who is naive and possibly stupid person shares account information with a second person.
2. The second person steals the first persons keep.
3. A third person, possibly from a zerg guild, offers to buy the stolen keep.

You can reverse 2 and 3.

So, no, he bought it from a thief.

A thief steals and sells/trades.
A fence buys and sells/trades.

If you simply receive stolen goods your at the same time a moron and a creap. A moron because at any moment the stolen goods could be confiscated and you could be implicated in the crime and a creap because you knew the goods belonged to someone else and you bought them anyhow.

D

Dreamspinner

If you simply receive stolen goods your at the same time a moron and a creap. A moron because at any moment the stolen goods could be confiscated and you could be implicated in the crime and a creap because you knew the goods belonged to someone else and you bought them anyhow.
Yes. There is no arguement that if you knowingly buy stolen property then you are a total moron and more. However there really is know way to know if a house has been stolen if I gate to it from a bank. If you buy a house, not knowing its stolen, and you lose it, you are just as much a victom as the person who lost the house.

M

Malador

Yes. There is no arguement that if you knowingly buy stolen property then you are a total moron and more. However there really is know way to know if a house has been stolen if I gate to it from a bank. If you buy a house, not knowing its stolen, and you lose it, you are just as much a victom as the person who lost the house.
Possibly, but we are not really discussing that scenario or at least I was not. In the situation refered to in this thread the buyer was fully aware of who the house really belonged to. He simply did not care.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Possibly, but we are not really discussing that scenario or at least I was not. In the situation refered to in this thread the buyer was fully aware of who the house really belonged to. He simply did not care.
Of course he knew, & didnt care we all know that, but the owner should of been more careful by moving the keep to another account before he let someone use the account it was on to begin with. I take that chance everyday by letting my uo hubby have access to my account with my castle on it, but I don't worry about it because he would have to find someone else to use their CC so he can play, and take a chance that they could do what he might do to me. Also he takes a chance by letting me have access to his 2 accounts that his 2 keeps are on. Only thing I would have to do is change the passwords to the accounts, nothing he could do cuz all the info leads back to me that I own those accounts. I gave him the keeps, and almost all the stuff thats in them, so if I did that in away Id be robbing myself, and then having to end up paying for 2 extra accounts on top of it. but we both know what others went thru by losing stuff, being married on the game to others, and it not working out. we agreed we would never do that if things didnt work out we would keep the accounts like they are now, and never let no one else have access except him, and I. So yes after 6 years we both take a chance.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow I made my guild look like trash for buying a keep? Damn i have alot of notoriety eh? For the real life statement your a MORON. I bought a keep in a video game which you are referring to as something wrong irl. Maybe you should get out more and live a little more in the real life.

Think of this UO has a profession that is a THIEF. This means people steal things and sell them all the time. Does this mean all those people should run calling the police? How about back in the day when all you had to do to steal someones house was steal there key, which this might be amazing for you werent insurable. Should all of those people again call the police because they lost something in game and now should bother the r/l police with there whinining?

As for BC needing numbers we constantly take your pathetic attempts of defending spawns and roll over you. Also your castle is like a ****ing open atm for all of GL. I go there daily destroy all members of your guild. Not quite the 10-1 odds that you have suggested but im flattered that to you i count for 10 people. By the way what happened to your guild from catskills werent they supposed to come save you from the big bad BC.

One last point noone in BC has ever went after your pathetic elders for anything. We have a recruit email and everyone has sent one in we do not recruit. People send a email in thats as far as we go for recruiting. So maybe you should try to figure out why the elders of your beloved guild are so distressed with the almighty xv that they would send in recruit letters to the hated enemy BC. Ill be glad to pm you copies or your pathetic elders recruit letters. Yes this does mean ones that are still members of your guild that we turned down.

The Castle is called "The XV Spawn". Get it right. Jesus. How many times do we have to hear, "There are people at XV spawn!" and you still call it a castle. Shame on you!