Really need advice as I'm trying to build this char

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
I found this template for PVM online...how does it sound to all you NOX folks? Its the 3rd time I've posted it (so sorry about that) but I really would like to finish her off. :confused: Do I need to get SW in there somehow? And if so, how much? Or is this just a dumb template and I should shoot her and call it good? lol Thanks for any help ya'll can offer!

120 Mage (+20 mage on crystalline, -20 on mage wep) = 120
120 Resist
120 Eval Int
100 Focus (+20 focus on crystalline) = 120
120 Mystic
80 Poison
60 Necro

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Oh yeah, I also don't understand the 60 necro. What is the point in that? Thanks again!

hamburger

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 23, 2009
The template you posted feels like more of a PVP template than a PVM template (due to lack of Spirit Speak).

My guess is that someone was using that template for evil omen (20 skill min cast) to increase dump dmg and/or for straight wraith form to walk through players in choke fights.

For PVP, that template is not my cup of tea, but to each their own.

For PVM, I prefer to not run NOX (as I question its relative value vs other spells such as spellweaving) so I will defer to someone else who is more familiar with it.

If you could describe what you intend to specifically do in PVM with this character, I could give a bit more advice based on my personal experience.

Thanks

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
I had just never used poisoning before and thought it would be cool to try the one thing I've never done. Its looking like a mistake at this point lol I don't pvp at all. I like Exodus and Medusa...things like that. I had read somewhere that a char with poisoning was dropping some poison fields that were kicking a$$ in PVM. It does aggro everything in the room, but he/she said it didn't matter because of the necro/small amount of SW. I may just forget the whole thing because even if I made this char, I wouldn't have a clue as to how to play her. Thanks guys!