Rare hues gift boxes, is there somewhere a comprehensive list of them with images ?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
As title says, I am looking for a comprehensive list of the hues and shapes of the rare Gift Holiday boxes received as Holiday gifts over the years.

Is there one somewhere with images ?
Thank you very much !

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2004
Awards
if I'm not here I'm there
I thought we had a list here on stratics. I am terrible at searching and not feeling great tonight but I am almost sure we do...

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
It's not complete and also pixelated. I'm in the process of making a new one for stratics to use. I'm just missing gift box #3 ice green.

Reactions: Flutter

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Yea unfortunately it's proving to be quite difficult. None of the big names with neon gift box collections have #3

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
It's not complete and also pixelated. I'm in the process of making a new one for stratics to use. I'm just missing gift box #3 ice green.
I am looking particularly at the Hues # like as Pinco's UI can tell precisely what they are so as to be able to tell whether one has that particular hue gift box or not.

Also, thanks Flutter for your link, Post #8 does have pics of the 2008 Gift Boxes but it does not say which are the rarest and which are not so, it is hard to say which is which !
I am trying to find the hues # for the gift Boxes, and not only for 2008 but also for the other Years, with the information about which hueas are rarer and which not.

Anyone, perhaps among the most experiences rares' collectors, know it ?
Thanks !!

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2008
I was going blind squinting at the one on stratics so I made one using what looks like the higher res original images from a japanese site (they had them numbered differently and not in 1 image). It's almost as if at some point the jpg of the stratics one got saved as another graphic type and got blurry.

Attachments

Orich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 26, 2013
I was going blind squinting at the one on stratics so I made one using what looks like the higher res original images from a japanese site (they had them numbered differently and not in 1 image). It's almost as if at some point the jpg of the stratics one got saved as another graphic type and got blurry.
I need 31 please!!! :(

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2008
Look at the site it was posted from. RMT site. I believe that is the issue...
I don't see a single price listed in USD anywhere on there so I don't see the issue. If that's it then it's just plain stupid considering half of the rares community does RMTs and list their icq numbers here.

Reactions: Decadence

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
Going back to the original topic of the thread, does anyone among the most expert UO rares traders know "which is which" ?

That is, of the various Holiday gift boxes be them 2008 or other years, which are the rarest, which the average rares and which the more common ones ?

Looking at a series of images may tell what the collection of boxes is composed of, but does not say which are the really hard to find, the so so hard to find, and the ones that are all over.....

Thank you very much.

tehfloof

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 21, 2010
Going back to the original topic of the thread, does anyone among the most expert UO rares traders know "which is which" ?

That is, of the various Holiday gift boxes be them 2008 or other years, which are the rarest, which the average rares and which the more common ones ?

Looking at a series of images may tell what the collection of boxes is composed of, but does not say which are the really hard to find, the so so hard to find, and the ones that are all over.....

Thank you very much.

Most of the neon boxes go for about 40-50m with the exception of the first few (ice colored, gold, black/blue and black/red) can go for 100m+. The angel boxes arent as rare, usually 20-30m and maybe a little more for the pink/purple one. Last year's boxes are probably unknown, though I know one of the abyssal ones sold for 40m. Hope this helps :)

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Oct 2, 2013
Ontario
The only abyssal I found for sale on any shard, I paid 90. The blue/white ones ~25. The other rare ones, ~5m.

Reactions: Avery Chessy

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Oct 18, 2008
ultimarares.com
Boxes 1-12 are the rarest boxes are the hardest to find. The prettier and colorful boxes in those range costs from 100m-350m. #53-55 on my list are also fairly rare. The Blaze #55 ranging in the 75m-120m price range depending on how many are out at the time for sale, patience of buyer etc. I hope that helps/

Yes I am STILL looking for box # 3 Ice green. Please allow me to purchase said box if you have it or at least allow me to garner a picture for my chart.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
The only abyssal I found for sale on any shard, I paid 90. The blue/white ones ~25. The other rare ones, ~5m.

Does anyone have a link for the picture of these 2013 gift boxes ?
Any image of the Abyssal, Blue/White and which would be the other rare ones ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
Boxes 1-12 are the rarest boxes are the hardest to find.
You are talking of the 2008 Gift boxes is that right ?

The prettier and colorful boxes in those range costs from 100m-350m. #53-55 on my list are also fairly rare.
There's quite a wide distance between 100 millions and 350 millions....Which would be the boxes from the list closer to 100, which around mid way, and which closer to the 350 millions value ?

The Blaze #55 ranging in the 75m-120m price range depending on how many are out at the time for sale, patience of buyer etc. I hope that helps/
So I reckon that Blaze #55 is more common as compared to the batch that ranges 100m --> 350m is that so ?

Yes I am STILL looking for box # 3 Ice green. Please allow me to purchase said box if you have it or at least allow me to garner a picture for my chart.
Do you happen to know exactly the hue for this #3 Ice Green so that with the Enhanced Client and with Pinco's UI hue picker one can exactly pin point it ?

By the way, talking about the 2008 Holiday Gifts, back then they did NOT come like nowadays when logging, but the character would get a TICKET that only that character could use, with several options for gifts :
  • A Pot of Eggnog
  • An Icy Patch
  • Decorative Snow Piles
  • A Holiday Garland
  • A Deed For A Holiday Tree
Now, would picking ANY of these 5 options generate the same chances to the same boxes acros the board OR does each of the 5 options which can be possibly picked have its separate set of boxes which the game engine would generate separatedly upon selecting the related option of gift among the 5 possible ?

I am trying to figure out, for example, assuming that one is looking for a given Box with a specific shape and hue, whether they can just pick any of the above 5 options OR whether they should need to stick with a particular one of them 5 in order to get better chances with the game engine to have it to generate THAT particular Gift Box that is wanted.... Anyone knows ?

Thanks

Last edited:

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Oct 18, 2008
ultimarares.com
The boxes I was discussing are only the 2008 Christmas boxes.
Keep in mind that prices fluctuate immensely. For example boxes jumped from 10m gold a pop to 100m in a matter of months, out of the blue a couple years back.
Boxes closer to 100m that I have seen in the past several months would be the pure white Box #1, Luna white Box # 52 I have seen Box #5 amber around the 100m mark. Box # 51 I have seen sell anywhere from 55m- 115m, #s 4, 6 and 7 I have seen anywhere from 125m - 175m, Boxes # 8, 9 , 10 , 11 I have seen a broader range of sales from 150m all the way to 350m--Yes huge range, but that is the way things sell. If there are multiple out if there is someone trying to get the item to complete their collection etc.

As far as the blaze #55 goes, there is no telling if that is not as rare etc, as we don't have numbers for these. Only frequency of sightings -it could be that the hue itself not being as pretty as some others might drive the price down and the urge to sell more often.

As for the ticket picks, I personally have not heard of any of the picks making a difference in the chances.

I do not know the hue of the ice green box, as I can't access one to find out. More than likely people have trashed this box, not realizing it had any value or that it was different than the other colorful boxes. It should however actually be called Ice green as a name when seen by pinco's UI. I can't verify that, but the other boxes that are special actually say a name as well.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Oct 2, 2013
Ontario
Does anyone have a link for the picture of these 2013 gift boxes ?
Any image of the Abyssal, Blue/White and which would be the other rare ones ?
Gareth and Paradox had a list of them. The small image is the rare ones, the big one is every other 2013 box. Note that the rectangle-shaped boxes can be rotated, so there's only 4, not 5, types.

Brian

Reactions: BluNtMaN[ATL]