• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Rare Collector's Festival Fall 2009 - Updated September 10th, 09

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rare Collector's Festival Fall 2009 - Festival program announced

Since, no one has really come forward and I just happen to have an empty house (finally), I have decided to offer my services to host the Festival for this fall on Atlantic.

The festival would take place at Treasure Trove Island on Atlantic at my and Athelas' house. I know couple of collectors on Atlantic who are looking to sell parts of their collection and would bring nice rares to the festival.

It would be a 3 day event, with the current tentative dates that I propose are 25th, 26th, and 27th of September. There will be 50 vendor spots available and you will have a chance to reserve them. Reservations will be possible only via Stratics forums.

Vendor Reservations:
1) Demonous
2) Slickjack
3) Ender76
4) Neptue1369
5) Suzzy
6) Kimberly of Napa
7) Manticore
8) Irux
9) BlissMarie
10) Gus of Llanowar
11) Ooguk (Cave)
12) Yanaki2
13) Nine Dark Moons
14) Assia
15) Krystal
16) Moby Grapes
17) WootSauce
18) Lineman
19) Of The Ring
20) AtlanticVlad
21) Keyser Soze
22) Mangoon
23) Devine
24) Not It
25) Nyx (Atl)
26) SirButch
27) New Thunder
28) WootSauce
29) Gunga Din

Rules, Regulations, & Notes

1) Please take pride in your vendor and dress him or her appropriately. Naked vendors are absolutely not acceptable. A tip: Bring along any wearable rares you might have and use them to give it an added flair.

2) This is a Rare Collector's Festival. I understand you might want to recuperate some of your transfer costs by selling items that are not rares. But, it is bit silly when most of the items for sale are things you would find on any Luna vendor. As such, I urge you to place such items in a bag inside the vendor and leave the top level for rares. The forum's active definition of rare applies.

3) Vendors are only available for people who register in this thread. I will also require you to PM me the character you will be using to get your vendor so that someone can't simply pretend to be you and take your slot. Please, give a short description of type of rares you are planning to sell. If you want me to advertise any specific items for you beforehand, then let me know in that PM.

4) If you are selling an event item and have the appropriate knowledge, then it would be nice to have a short description about the event to go with it. Collectors generally appreciate this and it can also help you with your sale. I will gladly lock down any books for you.

5) Vendors are also available if you are looking to trade rares and not sell for gold. You are free to use the vendor paper doll for such purposes and/or have books with trading opportunities. Furthermore, limited number of vendors are also available if you simply want to show off your wearable rares with no intention of selling or trading. Please indicate this in the PM and list out what exactly you would be displaying - acceptance will depend on vendor availability and rarity of your collection.

6) I am not going to charge for these vendors but donations/tips will be greatly appreciated. All funds collected in this manner will be recycled in the form of prizes for any activities held during the festival. Some of the activities may require you to be able to recall around, if you are interested in participating. Something to keep in mind when deciding on which character to bring over.

7) If you are interested in hosting any activity during the festival, contact me via PM and/or ICQ. I prefer initial contact via PM.

8) I reserve the right to censor any unscrupulous participant, deemed as such by me.

Prizes/Events/Activities (more things will be added in coming days)

Early Registration Lottery

To make planning things easier, announcing a chance to win a single Character Transfer Token for an early bird registration of a vendor*. The winner will be picked at end of the festival.

You will be automatically picked for the lottery by posting here requesting a vendor before the end of 19th of September. (Midnight PST)

* Must setup a Rare Festival worthy vendor, as indicated in Rules and Regulations, specifically points 2 and 5.

Program for the festival

*Friday 5:45 PM EST: Welcome to the festival
*Friday 6:00 PM EST: Official starting time - will be available for setting up vendors
*Friday 9:00 PM EST: Scavenger Hunt by Kimberly
*Saturday: Manticore will be available at festival for Q&A
*Saturday 6:00 PM EST: Easter Egg Hunt
*Sunday 5:00 PM EST: Winner of the eary registration prize announced

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Rare Collector's Festival Fall 2009

i will be participating, its just annoying how ridiculous the price of xfer tokens is, will cost like 40 mil for a round trip but what can ya do

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Count me in, I'll take a vendor too, Tomas. Thank you.

Ender76

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm in, would like to reserve a vendor too.

neptune1369

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

well crap on atl (grummbles) now ill have to get an x-fer. oh well i guess ill be bringing my event drops an some other crap to sell :p

S

Suzzy

You already know I will be attending and selling, but I might as well publicly announce it as well.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'll need a vendor too

irux

Rares Fest Host | GL Jan 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

faster than me i was working some details out for one on GL ....

Count me in ill be there .... imma need a vendor

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm not sure what I have to sell, but I'll be there. I would like a vendor, too, please.

BlissMarie

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

yes forgot to add i'll need a vendor too

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

please add me on the list for vendors

Thanks!

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Rare Collector's Festival Fall 2009 - Added Rules & Regulations - Taking reservat

I would like to reserve a vendor.
~ Assia Penryn

Thank you, Tomas for doing this.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Re: Rare Collector's Festival Fall 2009 - Added Rules & Regulations - Taking reservat

25th, 26th, and 27th of September.
OT, but nice choice of timing.
Corresponds to our 12th anniversary!
:)

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'd love to be there, but since I'll be in Vegas celebrating my Wife's ??Birthday, guess that won't happen ;) We actually get back the evening of the 26th, but it'll mostly be over by then.

Oh well I hope everyone has a great time. I may give some nice Napa people some things to sell for me tho (and help them with the cost of transfer tokens
in exchange)

Uriah Have a great anniversary! We celebrated our 36th this year ;) :thumbsup:

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I would like to reserve a vendor spot please

M

Moby Grape

Please reserve a vendor for Krystal, and one for Moby Grape. We will be coming over from Pacific with packs of goodies again. Thank you!!!!!

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I will be attending, and would love to have a vendor.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I'd love to be there, but since I'll be in Vegas celebrating my Wife's ??Birthday, guess that won't happen ;) We actually get back the evening of the 26th, but it'll mostly be over by then.

Oh well I hope everyone has a great time. I may give some nice Napa people some things to sell for me tho (and help them with the cost of transfer tokens
in exchange)

Uriah Have a great anniversary! We celebrated our 36th this year ;) :thumbsup:

LOL
Sorry Ken, I wasn't really clear on the post...Not MY anniversary, UO's anniversary. :party::thumbup::thumbsup:
September 25th, 1997 the day it all started :)

SupSoc

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If anyone needs extra storage place, I am able to help out. Just let me know.

Also, if need be, I am able to broker large amount of gold deals since vendors only take a max of 100m per item. No fee, but donations are accepted.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I will be comimg but ''hell'' - atlantic again.....thats 3 out the 5 WEVE HAD!!... Will there be any chance of giving another shard a shot thats never had it yet???

B

Bunkamania

Is anyone coming over from Drachenfels? I have a couple of items there that I'm willing to pay to have transfered.

Thanks, Bunk
ICQ 789584
[email protected]

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

LOL
Sorry Ken, I wasn't really clear on the post...Not MY anniversary, UO's anniversary. :party::thumbup::thumbsup:
September 25th, 1997 the day it all started :)
LOL

I really mis-understood what you were saying ;) Guess I never considered that it could be UO's 12th anniversary, since we're still waiting for the 11th anniversary gifts ;)

Oh well I hope eveyone has a great time ;) :thumbup::thumbup:
:thumbsup:

C

Chaosy

I will be comimg but ''hell'' - atlantic again.....thats 3 out the 5 WEVE HAD!!... Will there be any chance of giving another shard a shot thats never had it yet???
Atlantic probably also has 3 people playing for every 2 on any other shard. While diversity is great, it's still important to keep it realistic. I'm willing to bet a majority of people need to come to Atlantic to pick something up anyway.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Personally as much as I'd hate having to come over to from another shard... I think Atlantic is the right choice for the main festivals. Most of those doing the buying will not be the collectors on this forum, but the general player population. More players there are on a shard... the more chance someone will be interested in buying your rares.

If you want one on your shard, do the work and get the collectors together from that shard and have a mini festival for your shard. Advertise it here and maybe folks will pop over to buy at it too. For the main x-shard festival, it makes the most sense to me to be where the most player population is.

Just my opinion on it.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Should give Great lakes or Lake Superior a chance tbh.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

We have done one in Lake Superior (and Europa) in the past. No one from Great Lakes has expressed any solid interest, as far as I can remember right now, except for Irux's post. Baja is another great choice, but again requires someone to put in the time to organize it. We tried the bid to host the festival on your shard approach in the past, but that did not receive much support.

Either way, people are already starting to transfer to Atlantic, so it is bit late in the day to change it now. If one of you wish to host a festival, then you should use this festival to network and organize something for next time. Time flies fast, we will be doing the next festival before you can say Stygian Abyss! Okay, maybe not.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Early Registration Lottery

To make planning things easier, announcing a chance to win a single Character Transfer Token for an early bird registration for a vendor*. The winner will be picked at end of the festival.

You will be automatically picked for the lottery by posting here requesting for a vendor before the 19th of September. (PST)

* and then follow through with setting up a Rare Festival worthy vendor, as indicated in Rules and Regulations - specifically points 2 and 5.

K

Keyser Soze

Greetings All,
Great to see the Rare's Festival Returning to Atlantic for another fun filled weekend.
As Curator of the Hall of Statues Museum on Atlantic, I'm in need of a few Christmas Statues to complete the Museum's Collection. If anyone plans to bring the following Christmas Statues, please let me know and we could come to agreements on pricing and meet up times.
1. Sage Humbolt
2. Blackthorn Surfer
3.Kyrnia
Any color and facing is acceptable.
Thanks you all and look forward to seeing you all at the Event !

O

of The Ring

I hope this time I can get a vendor spot. Please add me. I will like to get a vendor spot.

N

Nigel Wyrthingtn

Sir, I would like to make a reservation for a vendor. I am looking forward to this event.

Thank you so much for putting in the time and effort, I truly appreciate it.

B

Beauregardchick

Buns of Glory would like a vendor, he asked me to ask for him. thanks =D

S

SirButch

Ill be thier, would also like a vendor spot please and thank you!

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will start setting up vendors for people starting this Tuesday. I request that you do not stock items till around the official opening time, which would be at 5:00 PM EST Friday.

Please, if you have requested a vendor reread the requirements listed in the original post. Most of you have not sent a PM yet.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did not mention it in the rules explicitly, but changeling duped items are not allowed to be sold on Rare Forums. The same is true for the festival.

T

Tinsil

I am interested in getting a vendor for this festival. Will be my first one.

Going to PM you Tomas :party:

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*bump* Setting up vendors now. I do request that you resist stocking till Friday.

C

ClownL33t

Hey Tomas, I sent you a pm about a vendor spot. Very intrested in a vendor, not selling any illegal or changeling dupes. =]

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sent you an ICQ to set up. I went to the location hoping to catch you and paused to look at the vendors.

I'll make a suggestion for what its worth. We had a huge problem last time with people selling false rares or things that were common and I've seen one common SA quest turn-in item already on one vendor for in my opinion for 500k. Yes, on the vendors that weren't supposed to have been stocked yet. My suggestion to Tomas, If folks pull that stuff or don't follow the rules... first, you ask them to correct the issue... if they don't then their information is added to a list so that the next time we have a festival... they don't get a vendor spot. Would it absolutely prevent them from getting around that? Probably not, I'm sure some might find a way around it however, there would at least be consequences.

I would hate to see our festival marred by such behavior and for us to get a horrible reputation with the community as a whole. We should have a reputation of honesty and it reflects on our reputation when people pull that crap. Now I'm not talking about people selling items for whatever they want. Mainly talking about those items that are easy to get and the majority of non-rares community may not realize they are and them being sold for a high amount.

I'd also suggest an addition to the list of 'banned' items... the winch, straw pillow, mushroom, world gem, bottles, etc that are created through a process that allows the item to be renamed. Far as I know, whatever method used to make them still works. Just as the 'doggy dupe' items were made with a method not supported by the majority of the rares community, I'm not sure this group of items should be either.