• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Quick Guide: How to reforge this mod with which runics

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reforging is an advanced crafting skill. You will need to understand the basics of crafting in general.

The following list ONLY includes widely desired items that also have feasible crafting chances %.
People might have slightly different preferences but these are the basics:

100% elemental SMITHY weapon: Dull Copper or Shadow runic + Powerful + Quality
(difficulty: easy; you'll get 70% elemental with DC, so you need to material enhance to 100% first before imbuing. Use +60 hammer; success rate approx 80%+)
Using Shadow will easily produce 100% elemental.

100% mana leech SMITHY weapon: Copper + Powerful + Vampire
(difficulty: easy)

HCI+5, or DCI+5 metal armor: SHADOW runic + Powerful + Slaughter
HCI+5, or DCI+5 tailor armor: SPINED kit + Powerful + Slaughter

(difficulty: moderate)

150 Luck leather: Horned kit + NOT powerful + Fortune

150 Luck metal armor: Copper/Bronze runic + Powerful + Fortune
- enhance with gold ingots for +40 Luck

150 Luck wooden shield: ASH runic + Powerful + Fortune
- Bokuto: Enhance with OAK wood for +40 Luck + 5DI
- Wooden shield: Enhance with Bloodwood for +40 Luck + 2HPR

150 Luck metal shield: Copper runic + Powerful + Fortune

100% elemental black staff: Oak saw + Powerful + Quality

100% elemental bow: Oak runic + Powerful + Quality

100% Elemental SMITHY weapon + Hit Fatigue + Hit Drain: Copper/Bronze + Powerful + Quality + Vampire
(difficulty: very hard 5% - do not try unless you have tons of runics)

These are the ultimate and essential sampire weapons if you are into solo high-end bosses.

70% Hit Area SMITHY weapon: Copper + Powerful + Slaughter

----------------------
Added 2020:

100% elemental WHIP
1. Use tinkering + iron ingots to make base weapon
2. Use smithy runic hammers to reforge (as above: Dull Copper/Shadow + Powerful + Quality)

+stat SMITHY Sampire armors
1. Usually you want Stam+Mana: Powerful + Animated + Arcane + Valorite runic

If you want +hp: choose Mighty (Vitality)

For detailed properties. see UOGuide "reforging"

Also, reasons for using reforged armors:
For styles, such as dragon armors made from serpent scales. Valorite gives best intensity, then Verite/Golden.

----------------------
Added 2023:

Luck 150 Garg earring/necklace/amulet
Copper/Bronze runic hammer + Powerful + Fortune
(Difficulty: moderate)

ss_8580.png

These 3 items are not consistent with the crafting rules, therefore I put them in charts for comparison.

note on amulet: you can add Mage Armor before or after imbuing, by using NPC Mage. (be sure to have sufficient imbuing slot)

--------------------------
PS. As a general rule when reforging, do not choose "Structural" or "Fundamental" because they give "Cannot Repair" and "Brittle".

Last edited:

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
wonder about axes on 100 percent fire and katanas 100 poison and other weaps 100 cold and energy 100

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
For all smith weapons, it's pretty much the same method - only the enhance stage is different and the difficulty increases.

Poison can't be enhanced to 100%. You got to get the 100% from the reforge, or it start with 100% from being loot (elemental-only weapons still occasionally spawn, near as I can tell, and can be reforged if elemental damage is all they have).

Energy Weapons pretty much have to be 100% from reforging or loot, because the usual result for reforging that's less than 100% is 70% / 30%, and there's currently no metal that enhances energy first that changes more than 20% to energy. It is possible to get to 90% energy/10% something else, though (energy/poison with Verite, for example).

Cold Weapons that are 70% Cold/30% Physical can be enhanced to 100% cold with Agapite.

Fire Weapons that are 70% Fire/30% Physical can be enhanced to 100% with Bronze.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For 150 luck on metal (armour and weapons) I always used copper with powerful. Last night I was helping a friend and didn't have much luck with this. Is this the correct setting or do I need no powerful?

Also for 5 DCI on leather, spined kit with powerful or no powerful?

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
@Basara what choices do i choose when enhancing to get 100 percent fire or 100 cold?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
now for another question: on bow fletching; when i make an exceptional bow, which runic kit is used to reforge to 100 fire or cold and what choices to i pick to do them and what woods to use. i was reading uoguide, but it is somewhat vague. it said you can only enhance a bow on cold using frostwood.

which brings up another issue: what woods do you enhance with to bring these fletching weapons to 100 percent?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Basara what choices do i choose when enhancing to get 100 percent fire or 100 cold?
for Reforging, I haven't a clue - which is why I keep asking for someone to actually submit something for Reforging in a FAQ-style format.
As for enhancing the end product, I answered that above.
Only can enhance to 100% Fire with metal weapons. Bronze gives 40% Fire Damage, and will make anything 60% or more fire, with all the remainder in Physical, 100% Fire. In some cases you may have to take a tinker-crafted/enhanced item out of your backpack, put it into a secure, shut down UO, then restart it, to see the stats change.
Cold metal weapons can be enhanced with Agapite (30% cold) or Shadow Iron (20% cold). Since most weapons with color end up 70% one element, Agapite is the more obvious choice. Agapite also adds energy damage (up to 20%) if your weapon starts with less than 70% cold, and more than 30% physical, so if you have a 60/40 cold/physical it will enhance to 90 cold/10 energy.
Frostwood adds 40% cold, and adds 12% DI, to wood weaponry, if I remember correctly. Most of my wood enhances recently have been either armor or with bloodwood for the HPR, so my memory's a bit foggy on the cold amount, and I don't feel like opening up a new tab to look.

Lava

Visitor
thanks a lot! i should have just came here last nigh! I've been making and selling 100% elemental slayers for ever. So I decided to up my knowledge and been practicing on test to make armor. needed this thread for that 150 luck! weeeeee! this pic is what started my jurny into the test shard and i want to know how to get the 100% mana leech. pretty embaressing when a custormer asks for it and i say its impossable only to have him come back with 1 :( upload_2017-5-14_13-18-12.png

Attachments

Lava

Visitor
100% mana leech smithy weapon: Copper + Powerful + Vampire
(difficulty: easy)....................... doh! missed it

Ducky Momo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
-15 Mage Weapon:
Ash Runic + Powerful + Quality
Copper Runic + Powerful + Quality

Fire Warrior

Adventurer
How would you get 70% hit lightening on a boku ive been trying for days now cant get it down.
Ash Runic/Powerful/Grand/Inspire/Slaughter is that correct?
Probably should just post a regular question next time, not in this thread - after testing on test center the way you did it was overall correct. But it was difficult to get 70% or to max out any attribute with it. Adding Structural made it easier. I realize its more expensive this way, having to use all that powder of fort for each attempt in advance, but realistically with a bokuto.... not alot of choice unless you want to use a better runic but then have less choices of other attributes. Ash is the right one to do it. i was able to get maxed out attributes several times relatively easily with Structural - I only succeeded a few times with merely 'powerful'. I did get 70% hit magic arrow once that was the closest I got with it - so it can happen, but not as easily. I did get a 70% hit lightening and a 60% hit harm with Structural as well as another 70% hit magic arrow so it was definitely an improvement.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you get 4 or 5 DEX / STR on metal? I know its spined with non-powerful for leather but I can't remember which hammer for metal.

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How do you make a 190 luck medable metal shield?
I haven't successfully made one yet (though I experimented back few years ago with no success). I found it easier to find a 150 luck medable shield as loot (brittle or prized), and enhance it. After all, when used on a character with 0 parry, it will take no damage, so durability is not really an issue on a tamer, bard or spellcaster.

This was the best result from my attempts to make metal or wooden 150 luck shields...

My Tamer/T-Hunter's shield: Reforged Wooden Shield, Enhanced with Bloodwood.
SC-1, Damage Eater 12%, Luck 180, HPR 2, Resists 0/3/0/0/1.

I think I sold the few 150 luck shields I looted, then enhanced.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
So for a wooden shield, Ash runic --> Luck to 150, Then POF, then imbue Spell Channelling/FC-1, then I suspect imbue for FC+1 to negate the FC-1, then if possible DCI or other, then finally with the tool of artifacts, Enhance with Bloodwood. Carp is 90, but I think he can make wooden shields ok. Thrn it hopefully will be a luck 190 shield, with SC, no negative FC, HPR, and maybe DCI?
TY for info. Ash runic saws are not too cheap..Ty for info.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
150 Luck Metal shield: Copper + Powerful + Fortune

There is one technical reason why wooden shields are easier to craft:
Oak runics being the lowest level, therefore it gives only 1 or 2 mods.
(refer to UO wiki page: Runic Bonus)

Copper runic gives 2-3 mods, thus you get more random fails, but it is still somewhat easy to get a clean 150 Luck piece. (chance 1/15)

(Added to the first post)

Luck Armor with "more" MR

(We can achieve Max MR 2 via Imbuing, or 4 via reforging)

The difficulty will probably drive you insane:

SMITH:

I didn't have complete success with Bronze, so probably Gold hammers, but you will get many unwanted mods.
Bronze does give MR 4 at very low chance.

TAILOR:

- Barbed kits, with or without Powerful: while there is 1st option to choose Restoration, there is NO 2nd option to choose Fortune,
meaning you will get more unwanted mods.

- Horned kits, NOT Powerful + Fortune + Restoration: you can achieve MR 4 and Luck 140 ---> near perfect and feasible

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
veteran player, noob crafter. what does "+Fortune", "+Slaughter", "+Vampire", etc. mean?
EDIT: i think i figured it out. it's the name you have to give it?

Last edited:

ronald

Visitor
People might have slightly different preferences but these are the basics:

100% elemental SMITHY weapon: Dull Copper or Shadow runic + Powerful + Quality
(difficulty: easy; you'll get high % elemental, so you should enhance to 100% first before imbuing. Use +60 hammer; success rate approx 70%.)

100% mana leech SMITHY weapon: Copper + Powerful + Vampire

HCI+5, or DCI+5 metal armor: SHADOW runic + Powerful + Slaughter
HCI+5, or DCI+5 tailor armor: SPINED kit + Powerful + Slaughter

150 Luck leather: Horned kit + NOT powerful + Fortune

150 Luck metal armor: Copper/Bronze runic + Powerful + Fortune
- enhance with gold ingots for +40 Luck

150 Luck wooden shield: ASH runic + Powerful + Fortune
- Bokuto: Enhance OAK wood for +40 Luck + 5DI
- Wooden shield: Enhance Bloodwood for +40 Luck + 2HPR

150 Luck metal shield: Copper runic + Powerful + Fortune

100% elemental bow: Oak runic + Powerful + Quality

100% Elemental smithy weapon + Hit Fatigue + Hit Drain: Copper/Bronze + Powerful + Quality + Vampire
(difficulty: very hard; do not try unless you have tons of resource)

These are the ultimate and essential sampire weapons if you are into solo high-end bosses.

70% Hit Area smithy weapon: Copper + Powerful + Slaughter

----------------------
Added 2020:

100% elemental WHIP:
1. Use tinkering + iron ingots to make base weapon
2. Use smithy runic hammers to reforge (as above: Dull Copper/Shadow + Powerful + Quality)

+stat SMITHY sampire armors:

If you want +hp: choose Mighty (Vitality)

For detailed properties. see UOGuide "reforging"

PS. Why do you want to reforge sampire armors when you can already get better legendary armors these days? For styles, such as dragon armors made from serpent scales. Valorite gives best intensity, then Verite or Golden.

--------------------------
PS. As a general rule when reforging, do not choose "Structural" or "Fundamental" because they give "Cannot Repair" and "Brittle".
hello,

wy you need a 60+ hammer? you only need inbuing to reforge ? or is blacksmith also required ?

Seraphina_152

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
the +60 hammer is just for enhancing in the event you get a weapon with like 70%+ of an element. then you can enhance with a material that gives you the other 30% or so

jojo_la

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So having difficulty figuring this out. Trying to do some 100% ele weapons. When I open the gump, all I see is and a list of other options. I can't seem to find quality anywhere. help!

papazorn

Visitor
So having difficulty figuring this out. Trying to do some 100% ele weapons. When I open the gump, all I see is and a list of other options. I can't seem to find quality anywhere. help!
Select Powerful first. Next select Grand artifice. After that select Inspired artifice. From there, go to the bottom and you'll be able to choose Exquisite/ of Quality

gwen

Slightly Crazed
How are they crafted?
Can it be any bow I've only seen composite and heavy crossbow?
This looks more like a question.
They are crfted of pain wood, or purchased from vendor if you don't need exceptional
Then Reforged to Of Fortune (max 170 luck) with Ash tool
Then POF Ed
Then imbued
Then enhanced using an forged metal of artifacts from UO store to add 40 luck.
It can be any bow.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This looks more like a question.
They are crfted of pain wood, or purchased from vendor if you don't need exceptional
Then Reforged to Of Fortune (max 170 luck) with Ash tool
Then POF Ed
Then imbued
Then enhanced using an forged metal of artifacts from UO store to add 40 luck.
It can be any bow.
Yes i was hoping for the exact directions like the other items

TrackStar

Journeyman
What would happen if you added "fortune" to this?

Could you do that?

Then PoF then imbue then enhance for 190 Luck?

Or are you going to lose out on something that makes it not worth while?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
What would happen if you added "fortune" to this?

Could you do that?

Then PoF then imbue then enhance for 190 Luck?

Or are you going to lose out on something that makes it not worth while?
you can log in on Test Server. It will give you unlimited materials , skills and runic hammers.

You can imbue up to 8 Stam Mana and LMC. You need 10? Go burn hundreds of em to get 150 luck and 10 Stam and hope than none of resists will go over cap and waste one mod's place.

Sampires use honor to get lots of luck.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
you can log in on Test Server. It will give you unlimited materials , skills and runic hammers.

You can imbue up to 8 Stam Mana and LMC. You need 10? Go burn hundreds of em to get 150 luck and 10 Stam and hope than none of resists will go over cap and waste one mod's place.

Sampires use honor to get lots of luck.
I have a 190 55 lmc with 8 sta suit each do very possible

Deschet

Journeyman
After making a ton of 70/30 staffs on TC, just want to make sure I understand this... can not enhance the carpentry weapons, just have to get lucky/keep at it and eventually a 100% elemental weapon will pop?

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
After making a ton of 70/30 staffs on TC, just want to make sure I understand this... can not enhance the carpentry weapons, just have to get lucky/keep at it and eventually a 100% elemental weapon will pop?
You can enhance with frostwood for 40% cold damage. Besides that, you have to just keep burning those runics.

ronald

Visitor
hi is it posible something changed?

i build last year a luick suit thx to this page.
now i am trying to build a second one but when i use the copper hammer i only get max 140 luck (i used 12 hammers and not one 150)
when i use the bronze i get 150 fast but always with a resist up or a second propperty on the armor part.
was i just lucky last year ?

i am using chainmail armor.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
No. nothing changed. Getting 150 without one resist or other states increased is hard. For both blacksmiths and masonry

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Added:
Luck 150 garg earring/necklace/amulet to first post (bottom)
Please add that gargish amulet (either blacksmith or stone) will get only color from enhancing, but no property or resist. This will be waste of forged artifact tool.
Tinker made necklace is medable by default(as in the table) Don't need to leave free property to add at mage guild. If need amulet for mage: use tinker one.
Lots of people don't know you can use blacksmith tunics on tinker-made weapon and gear.

Last edited: