[Magery] questions bout magery

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
M

mcrowe1082

Hello all....

I am making a mage and was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on a few things.

First of all it seems that i cast spells really slow and that when i watch another mage cast they seem to throw spells off very quick and i'm not sure why. the other day i got hit with a flamestrike and energy bolt almost simultaneously from same caster and when i cast one spell and try to immediately cast another it tells me that i haven't recovered from last spell yet which is very damaging to me in combat. any ideas on how to fix this?

Second i was wondering if anyone would be willing to share their methods of setting hotkeys for their spells i just haven't found a good method of setting them for easy casting.

Third and lastly which spells are most important to cast when doing pvp?

thank you and i would appreciate all the advice i could get

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
THE GREAT STATE OF WISCONSIN
Spell Speed: Faster casting and faster cast recovery jewelry (and other items). Get 2/6 casting.

Set spells to keys next to each other that are likely to be used together. Heal/Cure close
Exp/eb/fs, etc close.

PvP uses a lot of spells. I don't feel like writing it all again, but it's on a thread within this particular forum.

G

GFY

The 2 spells that went off together could have been eplosion and energy bolt. Explosion spell hasa delay before it goes off and can be timed with another spell to go off at the same instant. Explosion/e-bolt and exp/flame strike are 2 popular combos.

You also want to make sure you have protection off if you want to cast faster. Protection will slow your casting speed to 0, negating the faster casting on your items.