[Magery] PvP Mage - SW or necro

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
G

Goodoljoe

Hello,

Im trying to build a template for pvp.My template should look something like this:

120 mage
120 med
120 eval
120 wrestle
120 resist
120 ???

I know necro is efective but with this build i cannot afford to raise SS and necro very high so may as well not use it all.I was thinking spellweave for pixies and allure a orc brute or something to help,also WoD can come in handy at spawns/peerless,but this char is primarily aimed at PvP.How viable do you think this is? Should I dump the idea and just drop wrestle per say and fit 105 necro and 120 SS or so,and then use a mage wep(like staff of pyros or magi,but cant chug...).What do you think?Any advice?

Thanks

R

Rouss

i'd drop resist and use apples/boxes and go for necro+ss

to be able to deal decent amount of damage with SW, you need to have 4+ arcanists and recharge your circle time to time.

Hex_Europa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 10, 2004
I agree with Rouss, Spellweaving is a pain because to maximise your gains your going to want your +6 arcane circle (4 other Arcanists)

I do enjoy the Necro Mage .

I play one on a regular basis, 120 Mage. Eval, Resist, Med, Necro, SS, rest in focus. I use Crystaline ring and 1 handed -20 mage weapon allowing me to chug.

If you can't get that type of weapon then try the suggestion above and drop Resist and use boxes.
Chugging pots is so important these days in PVP you can't really afford to have both hands free if using a mage weapon for defense because you'll be disarming all the time to chug setting you up for alot of hits.

G

Goodoljoe

I took necro SS and i am using a 1 hander for defense but its hard to find good one,mine has -1 fc which is a problem.

Oh hex im also in minax in europa :p

R

Rouss

I agree with Rouss, Spellweaving is a pain because to maximise your gains your going to want your +6 arcane circle (4 other Arcanists)

I do enjoy the Necro Mage .

I play one on a regular basis, 120 Mage. Eval, Resist, Med, Necro, SS, rest in focus. I use Crystaline ring and 1 handed -20 mage weapon allowing me to chug.

If you can't get that type of weapon then try the suggestion above and drop Resist and use boxes.
Chugging pots is so important these days in PVP you can't really afford to have both hands free if using a mage weapon for defense because you'll be disarming all the time to chug setting you up for alot of hits.
nah

you cant have 0 resist cos of poison, curses etc

ye, you can eat apples and chug pots but that requires 0 sec reaction or scripting which is just dishonest

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
Newcastle, NSW
Necro for sure.

I play 2 necros, 1 in factions and 1 not in factions.

My faction Template:

120 Eval
120 Resist
120 Mage
100 Necro
110 Spirit Speak
100 Scribe
50 Med

I use Orni, Crystalinne Ring, RBC, Fey Leggings, Folded Steel Reading Glasses, Bloodwood Spirit(Necro Totem).

Plus some awesome Arms, gloves and gorget.

I have 56 DCI. 15 MR. 40 LMC. Max HPI. This template is definately fun to play, the extra damage on a necro is so deadly.

My Non-Faction Temp:

120 Eval
120 Resist
120 Mage
105 Necro
120 Spirit Speak
120 Med

But Im thinking of going:

120 Eval
120 Resist
120 Mage
100 Necro
110 Spirit Speak
100 Anatomy(for defensive Wrestle. Disarm Sucks Balls)
50 Med

But finding the suit for this is difficult.

Z

Zyron

personally, i woudlnt use the wrestle.
I would get a mage wep, maybe the crystalline ring and inquis(im saying that as if thats easy lol)

Then i would have my temp set up like this, which is what im working to right now

120 Mage
120 eval
120 resist
120 ss
115-110 necro
105-110 med

I think that would work.

ive tested it on test and it worked great

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
THE GREAT STATE OF WISCONSIN
Clog has the right idea w/ Anatomy.. disarm/moving shot spam is way too common. I don't even use my mage weapon anymore. You get 3 of these speedhacking disarm/archers on you and you're toast with a mage weapon.

I'd use the faction crystalline ring and go:

100 Magery (120 w/ Crystalline)
120 Eval
120 Resist
100 Anatomy
105 Necro
120 Spirit Speak
55 Meditation

Drop to 115 what you need to for scroll purposes, but if you drop Eval to 115 make sure you go 105 anatomy to keep 120 defensive ability.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
Newcastle, NSW
Clog has the right idea w/ Anatomy.. disarm/moving shot spam is way too common. I don't even use my mage weapon anymore. You get 3 of these speedhacking disarm/archers on you and you're toast with a mage weapon.

I'd use the faction crystalline ring and go:

100 Magery (120 w/ Crystalline)
120 Eval
120 Resist
100 Anatomy
105 Necro
120 Spirit Speak
55 Meditation

Drop to 115 what you need to for scroll purposes, but if you drop Eval to 115 make sure you go 105 anatomy to keep 120 defensive ability.
That way is probably the best way for factioners. but yeah im sick and tired of all the disarm dexxers around. I spend more time healing and chasing my tail trying to get the weap back on to give me more defense but as soon as it gets back on its disarmed.

Hex_Europa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 10, 2004
On the chars i use without resist, a single hotkey to chug a pot doesn't take long, same to eat an apple.

nah

you cant have 0 resist cos of poison, curses etc

ye, you can eat apples and chug pots but that requires 0 sec reaction or scripting which is just dishonest