• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvP dying a painful death from Tamers Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
You guys sure whine a lot. Rename this game to....Ultima PVP Whiners Online! Maybe boosted pets should be outlawed in Felucca...that make ya'all happy? For the past 20 years all you PVPers do is cry, cried when Trammel came out, cried when AOS came out because you had to re-gear, cried when artifacts were put in the game. Hated order vs chaos in 1998, hated factions, hated good vs. evil, hate Vice vs. Virtue. Hated the old noto system, hated murder counts, hated stat loss. Everything the Devs ever did you hated. Good God! Tease and troll each other blame your deaths on lag instead of an opponent's skill. In all you guys are the biggest babies in the entire game. Biggest babies in any MMORPG I have ever seen, even Barrens chat in WOW is more civilized. If I were a Dev I would put zero sum effort into pleasing you or putting in PVP content, no matter what is put in you hate it.

I've seen more maturity from role-players who are obsessed with farts and finger paints than you guys. Any change to this game brings on the tears from you guys, sheesh. Somewhere someone rings a bell for you and calls out "shame"...every time you complain.

Last edited:

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
You guys sure whine a lot. Rename this game to....Ultima PVP Whiners Online! Maybe boosted pets should be outlawed in Felucca...that make ya'all happy?
No it wouldn't. I don't want pets completely gone from pvp. They should be brought to a point of balance

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
No it wouldn't. I don't want pets completely gone from pvp. They should be brought to a point of balance
Yeah but then you will whine and cry about having to kill bosses, harrower, spawns without a tamer...No concern for the rest of the player base who likes PVM as it is, how typical. Didn't they make it so pets do 30% damage to players and didn't you guys go to test and make reports before this got implemented?

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Yeah but then you will whine and cry about having to kill bosses, harrower, spawns without a tamer...No concern for the rest of the player base who likes PVM as it is, how typical. Didn't they make it so pets do 30% damage to players and didn't you guys go to test and make reports before this got implemented?
We already kill those things faster than you. I've tested most of the changes thoroughly and I told the DEV"s this would happen. I'd wager you're yet another NON PvPer weighing in on PVP issues... Good stuff.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The pvpers suggested 50% damage reduction. Due to a pvm player complaining that is too much, it was reduced to 30%. And now it obvious that 30% was not nearly enough.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
This patch alone makes me question staying... 3 more accounts going down I guess... what's the point if all I do is pvm and overpopulate the shard with more stuff that won't sell on vendors... nty!

It's just not fun anymore...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This patch alone makes me question staying... 3 more accounts going down I guess... what's the point if all I do is pvm and overpopulate the shard with more stuff that won't sell on vendors... nty!

It's just not fun anymore...

I feel the same way. Every patch including this one pushes the game into a worse direction and seems to cater to either the gold selling crowd/scripters/multiboxers or the group that doesn't want to actually do anything and just have everything handed to them on a silver platter.

There isn't much point playing a game where half the new content nearly requires you to (illegally) buy gold from other players to afford necessary items if you aren't already rich, and the other half of the content is so mind numbingly easy because it is for the people who didn't want to put any work at all into their characters.

I have always played by the rules for 20 years, never once used any type of illegal program, never once bought or sold gold, never once exploited a broken system etc. yet constantly see that nothing ever happens to those who flaunt all of their rule breaking, sometimes even literally to the devs faces at events, yet are allowed to continue using their account forever and can do whatever they want on it.

So to review:
  • The game indirectly encourages illegally buying gold from other players because the economy is so massively out of control
  • The game does absolutely nothing to prevent cheating, thereby indirectly encourages it
  • Important questions are willfully ignored for months, until one day a random change happens without any communication asking if people would like that change beforehand
  • Every patch is broken somehow
  • Feedback on test shard is often ignored and mistakes players pointed out while testing are not fixed when something is released on the live shards
  • "Win any way you want to win", "there is nothing we can do about multiboxing", "as long as you aren't afk while scripting it's no problem" have become standard meet and greet answers
  • Extreme griefers who spam general chat with hate speech and every offensive word known to man daily in general chat are never punished for it
  • A shard crashes for no apparent reason about once a week and stays down for hours or even days, despite the game having had 20 years to fix that, and no other modern game has a server crash for more than a couple minutes
  • Reverts still happen randomly for no apparent reason, which again, never happens in any other modern game
  • EA Customer service literally tells people Ultima Online shut down already when people call for help with something UO related
  • The account management system is still very confusing despite countless hundreds of complaints about it over the years
  • As was evidenced recently with the firing of a certain someone from the EM team... there is corruption, and if one staff member was corrupt, we are just supposed to take their word for it that there aren't any others?
  • Formerly legal items such as glacial pants which were legal for years can all of a sudden be deleted and become illegal "just because" which is completely illogical
I could add more to the list, but hopefully that gets the point across well enough.

It's not really a mystery why UO has barely any new players and a decreasing current player base, but it just continues to decline anyway instead of steps being taken to improve the situation.

I've heard from many long-time veteran UO players that they have dropped accounts, like you said Scott, for some people it's just 1 or 2... for others it's 10+. I've been considering dropping all my extra accounts and returning to just 1, which I never thought I'd even think about.

These are the most hardcore and dedicated people in the game who have played with multiple accounts for over a decade who are reducing accounts or leaving entirely, not random new players who got bored after a month. That does not look good for the future of UO.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
@Bleak
If you decide to increase the damage taken by pets or remove the 35 damage AI cap (both of which I support), it should only affect Advance Trained Pets. It is very important to have it not effect regular mounts.

Regular mounts would not survive more than 1 or 2 hits if this were the case. Then it would end up being a bigger disadvantage for non-tamers since their horse could die instantly, while tamer pets would still be difficult to kill. A common tamer strategy is to dismount you, then kill your mount. We don't want to make that task even easier.

I would avoid any changes that would make regular mounts any weaker. Just wanted to point that out. Thanks

Last edited:

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
@Bleak @Kyronix

A fair summary I'd say:

1. Rip the abilities the Magery mastery grants pets right out of PvP. Teleport isn't the only problem and you are now aware of it.

2. Further reduce dmg from 30% to 50+%.

3. Reduce pets hit chance versus players. The added 120 wrestling made a gigantic difference in how often they hit.

4. Scale pet damage taken to go along with damage given. 50% damage reduction to AND FROM players. Still barely scathing a 80d resist out pet but it's a start. Consider making it 200%... Yea seriously. Even if you could energy bolt a pet for 50 dmg it would take potentially 20 of them. Only apply these to ADVANCED TRAINED pets. No reason to one shot a horse or a lesser hiryu. Would even make pets like the dread mare viable again in some aspects.

5. Remove armor ignore cap against ADVANCE TRAINED pets. If damage taken by pets from players is a big number/percentage then a mage can also make a dent but armor ignore would be most effective.

6. Add slayer options for all pet types, both book and weap/tali. Crazy the mares never had one. Consider just making them demon. Also consider a single slayer option such as Pet or Tamed slayer so as to not effect pvm in any way. Could even make the recipe/items available in pvm for another thing to farm for the good ole boys

7. Allow pets to be paralyzed as if they had 100 resist no matter how much resist they have. This allows u to paralyze a pet to get away from it, as well as stopping pet's like the najasaurus from just walking through para fields.

8. Consider nerfing dismount altogether. As has been said, hiryus had it before but they were easy dealt with with a dragon slayer and cold/energy. They also didn't have other abilities to deal with. If desired to be kept in game, consider adding a colldown of just 1 second if dismounted by a pet tho removed all together is prolly best.

Prolly others... But feel this is all viable, all doable, has no effect on pvming, and helps put pets around where they were while still granting them some abilities so they are still fresh and new even in PvP.

I'd also implore you... Hell BEG you... To act on this as quickly as you did the Phoenix movement speed. That's was an impressive turn around, and was necessary to implement quickly. This is no different. Everyday it gets worse.
If you do ALL of this, you're going to nerf pets too hard. The 50% damage reduction alone on top of everything else would be ridiculous. Here's what they need to do imo:

1. Remove armor ignore cap against pets.
2. Make sure every pet has a slayer type.
3. Make training parry on pets require property weight
3. Slight Increase to the property weight of training resists.
4. Remove pet's casting on you long after you off-screen
5. Remove pet's ability to teleport to players

If they make these changes I think it will be far more balanced. The teleporting and casting off screen by itself is ridiculous. The other changes will make pets more kill-able, and with a higher property requirement for resists, players will need to sacrifice other options (like offense) for resists.

Last edited:

RhelHalcyon

Journeyman
But... the only people saying stuff like that are the pvmers. The pvpers have said repeatedly they don't want to alter pets for pvm, even if they are OP.
They can't just adjust PvP. It's been proven time and again. And Pets are not OP. You can still clear most if not all content much faster on a sampire.

RhelHalcyon

Journeyman
I'm with this other guy. Give players 80 in all resists and 750 hit points, and allow them to have 1320 skill cap. I want to be as equal as the pets are.
Yeah sure. You'll log in and sit in an Inn until someone comes along and says "Claim Cetric" at which point you'll mindlessly follow them. You won't be able to mount and all of your skills, attacks and spells will follow a pre-determined algorithm for being used - in which most cases you'll burn through your mana in about 30 seconds and then auto attack for the remainder of fights. You'll only fight when this other player tells you to. You'll use AoE skills on single targets and you'll cast really bad spells, like magic reflect, against pure physical damage opponents. While following your leader, you'll randomly get stuck on rocks, trees, twigs, little spots of nothing. Sometimes you'll throw temper tantrums and your leader will have to put gold in your bag, which will just disappear and never be used. You will never loot anything either. Your items that benefit normal players won't work for you - like spell damage increase, damage increase, HCI, DCI, etc.

At the end of the day you'll be put back in your Inn and log out, having fulfilled your role as a "pet" with "pet" stats.

Did I mention the player controlling you will need 240 points to do so? Leadership skill and Management skills maxed at 120 each. Or you'll throw more fits and disobey orders, sometimes running off into the wild. Oh and if you happen to be online at server restart, your character will just disappear and the devs will tell you "There is nothing we can do. Sorry."

On the plus side, you have a 0.019% chance of spawning as a blaze version of yourself! But don't worry, the bugs in the game will strip you of the color and there is nothing the devs can do about that either.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I think Bleak might miss some vital information here. There is too much off topic discussion about power scrolls, sampires, and the economy, all of which have nothing to do with pvp balance or this thread.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you do ALL of this, you're going to nerf pets too hard. The 50% damage reduction alone on top of everything else would be ridiculous. Here's what they need to do imo:

1. Remove armor ignore cap against pets.
2. Make sure every pet has a slayer type.
3. Make training parry on pets require property weight
3. Slight Increase to the property weight of training resists.
4. Remove pet's casting on you long after you off-screen
5. Remove pet's ability to teleport to players

If they make these changes I think it will be far more balanced. The teleporting and casting off screen by itself is ridiculous. The other changes will make pets more kill-able, and with a higher property requirement for resists, players will need to sacrifice other options (like offense) for resists.
Considered you have removed all points here regarding a pets offense besides teleport, it's fairly obvious you haven't been dealing with pets on a daily basis, nor even tried to kill one yourself. And I say that because I know you haven't played here in some time.

You need to remember there are plenty of situations here there is no time to sit down and kill pet's when a group is running 4+ tamers.

Last edited:

NinjaSampire

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Cetric,
I dont agree with all of your posts when it comes to your original topic. There are some good side bar points, but on your original topic i get it. I have spent last few days roaming fel. I am a PvM tamer. I stand no chance against a pvp tamer. My pet is the same, but because i dont understand yet how to use it in pvp. I die super quick to most pvp templates. However if i became just a little bit able to keep myself alive i could put up a fight against those that have 15 yrs plus in pvp. From that I do agree that puts some to an advantage probably not intended. However the speeders are more op then any of the pets. Speeder plus pet is outrageous. Its obvious who they are even to a nub like me. There should be a balance after an analysis of the pets after 3rd party programs have been eliminated from game. I am no way ever going to become a huge pvp guy but realized i have been missing out on a cool part of this game.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They can't just adjust PvP. It's been proven time and again. And Pets are not OP. You can still clear most if not all content much faster on a sampire.
There's more to being op than speed of clearing. Cost, time, flexibility, difficulty, risk are all also factors. Tamers are now much closer to sampires and other warrior builds in power but still cheaper, requiring less skills, far worse gear, no risk and no skill in play.

That is why I see them as op.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This no concern bit is nonsense. Every pvper in this thread has been asking for PvP only changes, repeatedly calling for changes that leave pvm changes as is, making both sides happy. Several serial PvP haters on the other hand, not so much.

And if you think pvmers don't "whine" as you put it, then you are simply blind to your own preference. Everyone wants what they want, and everyone asks for it. Pvmers do it just as much as any others.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why not just implement a spell that breaks aggro on a pet? Have it last about 5-10 seconds. This would give the attacker time to kill the controller without completely neutering tamers in pvp.

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Why not just implement a spell that breaks aggro on a pet? Have it last about 5-10 seconds. This would give the attacker time to kill the controller without completely neutering tamers in pvp.
Is this before or after the pet teleports to me and dismounts me in front of a mob of players. Something a player isn't capable of doing. No specials on pets is a MUST in pvp.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think Bleak might miss some vital information here. There is too much off topic discussion about power scrolls, sampires, and the economy, all of which have nothing to do with pvp balance or this thread.
I think these all are related and potential fixes to the perceived problem.

I agree with very few things in this thread but I do agree that teleportation has no place at all on pets.
The problem is that once this is implemented, a new must change problem will occur and give the pvpers something else to complain about and nerf.

oh and "nerf their pets but don't change my mount".

Krush

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
It seems we have some players here who have unresolved anger issues from being killed back in 1999 pre-Tram days. They feel like reds ruined their game, so now they want to spitefully ruin our game in return. Tram folks, this isn't about you. You already have an entire separate game where you can play with zero risk and have no need to interact with any other player except maybe to buy something from a vendor. Again I say zero risk. Even if you die by some miscalculation you will almost always be able to recover your items.

Felucca on the other hand is about risk. We are here to fight each other. Contrary to popular belief we don't sit around waiting for one lone PVM tamer to come to Despise and then excitedly call up 5 friends just to smash him. We travel in groups of 4, 5, 6 yes, because we must be prepared to meet other group of 4, 5 or 6 players. Who told you that you were entitled to do any spawn alone with one pet? Of course that isn't going to work. If you go to play basketball with one player, the other team's five guys will beat you pretty easily.

Also, when you characterize getting attacked and dying (when you deliberately took the risk of going to Fel for profit reasons) as "griefing," then you're just using emotional manipulation.

It is possible to do Fel spawns without being "elite." Guilds like HOT and LLTS do it all the time. They may bring 10 people, but they seem to have a good time. Sometimes they just get thrashed. Sometimes they lose a few people defending, but then get the scrolls out which I would consider a win. The downside is that you will have to share scrolls with your teammates.

The good thing about power scrolls and harrowers in Fel is that it spreads the PVP around a bit. You have reasons to go to different dungeons, which makes things interesting. If you're going to have competitive fights, then it helps to have a clear prize/goal to fight OVER. Otherwise everyone just sits around Yew gate fighting/dying/rezzing over and over and over....gets monotonous.

Having addressed the Tram folks, now I must address the PVP side. Players like Aekyo and De Leet Ed are certainly among the best of the best, especially with others like Paithan, Mike D, Virem, Dannicus, TJ, Trevor etc being inactive. I have nothing but respect for their skills. Let's say Aekyo is top 5 for sure. HOWEVER. Who told Aekyo he is always entitled to be top 5? Was he top 5 in 2008? What about 2006? Players who were good years ago are maybe just decent now, and players who were just average years ago are now great. This cycle comes and goes. The addition of Holy Fist created an easy template that let some average players PVP, but I didn't see too many people quitting over that. I don't believe the devs are obligated to balance all changes with the assurance that Aekyo remains the #1 PVPer.

Again Aekyo you're a great player and yes you and Blazing for example can defeat a group of 4-5 players who are just "above average" but not great. But it feels like you want any combat changes to be put in place assuring that you and Blazing can still defeat a larger group. Maybe it won't always work out that way. Some of you more "elite" guys seem to think that if a combat change doesn't leave you still on top of the heap, then it was an "invalid" change and must be reverted. Again, adapt or die.

Having said all that, sure I vote to remove dismount from pets (heavy crossbows and bolas exist for a reason) and reduce the damage they do to players. Letting players hit them like monsters (armor ignore for 100+ damage and no SDI cap against pets) seems fine too.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All that needs to be done is raise how much it costs for resists and HP by a good amount. Pets don't really deal that much damage the way they are. You should not be able to take something from 100 HP to 800 HP, it should be based on its original stats. You should only be able to raise resists by a percentage of its original as well. Say pet was originally 55,65,43,35,45--243 total resist, you get 20% to add to it, that's 48 total points. You have to choose where to spend them and its maxxed. Then pets would still be really good for pvm and not OP for pvp defensively. I agree on removing dismount from being added but not from pets that have it pre-tame(hiryus). I also think the same should be done for mana as well. Then tamers could just tame different pets and raise resists accordingly to the encounter they want to use them for. Again its only defensively that they are too strong, theyre attacks only seem strong cause they live forever. Don't get carried away with it.

Krush

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I would agree on this because then tamers would have to evaluate pets before taming as they did before, i.e. find one with good starting resists, HP etc. However, it sounds like a lot of PVM tamers enjoy the current system and we should not interfere with that. I thought this was about toning pets down a notch in PVP only.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
No matter the case- I cannot kill a pet without 2-3 full mana dumps and by that time, I'm dismounted, the pet has teleported and is casting on me... I expend most of my mana surviving. And now there is no way to get away from it

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Considered you have removed all points here regarding a pets offense besides teleport, it's fairly obvious you haven't been dealing with pets on a daily basis, nor even tried to kill one yourself. And I say that because I know you haven't played here in some time.

You need to remember there are plenty of situations here there is no time to sit down and kill pet's when a group is running 4+ tamers.
As I explained, if you nerf the pet's defense, nerf the OP offensive abilities (teleport, cast offscreen, etc) and increase the weight requirement of Defensive abilities, because it seems to me that the real problem is the fact that no one can do anything to kill/disable pets, then you will effectively nerf the defensive AND offensive abilities of pets. Players will either have to play with kill-able pets that have a good offense, un-killable pets without too good of an offense, or something in-between.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
However, it sounds like a lot of PVM tamers enjoy the current system and we should not interfere with that. I thought this was about toning pets down a notch in PVP only.
First.. thanks for taking that stance.

While I can't speak for any other PvM tamers posting in here but that is the primary reason I am posting in a PvP based thread. I mean let's face it.. with the small number on Devs on the team they would probably just nerf pets across the board if there was no opposition to changes from the PvM crowd. After all, an across the board nerf to all pets would be the easiest, quickest and least labor intensive thing to do.

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
First.. thanks for taking that stance.

While I can't speak for any other PvM tamers posting in here but that is the primary reason I am posting in a PvP based thread. I mean let's face it.. with the small number on Devs on the team they would probably just nerf pets across the board if there was no opposition to changes from the PvM crowd. After all, an across the board nerf to all pets would be the easiest, quickest and least labor intensive thing to do.
But it's been said 100 or more times that this is about PVP. No one cares about PVM here. This thread was primarily for PVP changes and then all of the PVM'ers chimed in trying to save Harambe... That's not what this is about in the least. This is about the abuse of the pets in the pvp system.

Krush

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Right. If we want people that are mostly PVM-only to keep their fingers out of the PVP pie, then it seems only fair for us to take a "hands-off" stance toward PVM matters.

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Right. If we want people that are mostly PVM-only to keep their fingers out of the PVP pie, then it seems only fair for us to take a "hands-off" stance toward PVM matters.
I've got no issue with that.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't see increasing point costs being a viable solution. All that would do is create billion dollar pets that were trained pre-nerf.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
At this point, the devs have basically given pvp the finger and the community is not going to recover from this. By the time they would try to get it fixed, the parties at hand will not agree and time only forces more people out... so all pvp might as well pack your bags and find a new game/ hobby to invest your time in.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
But it's been said 100 or more times that this is about PVP. No one cares about PVM here..
I understand what you have said on that front a couple of times now. However, my posting (and I suspect other PvM'ers postings) is done in order to have it understood that we want ZERO changes when it comes to the PvM side. These posts are not made for your benefit in all honesty.. they are made for the benefit of a Dev should they stumble into this thread and begin to consider changes that may need to be made. They have demonstrated a good bit in the past that they will make across the board changes to appease the PvP crowd and maintain their "balance".

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As I explained, if you nerf the pet's defense, nerf the OP offensive abilities (teleport, cast offscreen, etc) and increase the weight requirement of Defensive abilities, because it seems to me that the real problem is the fact that no one can do anything to kill/disable pets, then you will effectively nerf the defensive AND offensive abilities of pets. Players will either have to play with kill-able pets that have a good offense, un-killable pets without too good of an offense, or something in-between.
Too much a problem to adjust cost of abilities now, just makes prepatch pets and ends up effecting pvmers which they'd hate. Still run into issue of fighting groups of multiple Tamers, where you'd have no chance to sit there and kill a pet based on their offensive output. Offense needs toned down even to sit there and try to kill one in group fights. lets not forget you can also give a pet 20hpr, so if your pets in trouble you could remount it, not even have to run away to heal it up just stay on it for a bit, and it'll gain health back for your next offensive switch

Last edited:

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's why I stated before there is no fixing this without either reverting all trained pets or causing pre-trained pets to be OP still. Its done for, even if they remove all the things people have asked for in this thread, you still wont kill the pets and youll still get dismounted by other means and still be upset about it. All of this stuff was addressed during testing, I was on TC for a few weeks and tried to explain all this to them, they just don't care. Good luck trying to get it fixed.

Krush

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
At this point, the devs have basically given pvp the finger and the community is not going to recover from this. By the time they would try to get it fixed, the parties at hand will not agree and time only forces more people out... so all pvp might as well pack your bags and find a new game/ hobby to invest your time in.
I don't know if this guy is just trolling or what, but I think most parties are agreeing: Pets dismounting and teleporting should be removed, reduce the damage pets do to players somewhat, and possibly increase the damage that players can do to pets. The issue of getting your lesser hiryu one-shotted seems minor because if you get footed in PVP your mount is toast 99% of the time anyway unless it's trained up under the new system. (This is why we have ninja animal form....)

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:gee:A question - if all pets lost agro when their master is killed and tele was eliminated and dismount was eliminated - would this solve the majority of the pvp concerns OR WOULD YOU STILL NEED more nerfs to make you happy. (although I don't really care if you are happy or not:gee:!)

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I honestly don't think dismounting for pets would be overpowered. I mean, it's sacrificing another special, and the rider can always dismount people himself. Also if a pet unintentionally dismounts someone, the rider would then have to deal with being on a dismount timer (I would hope).

But teleporting AND dismounting? That's kind of hilariously OP lol

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:gee:A question - if all pets lost agro when their master is killed and tele was eliminated and dismount was eliminated - would this solve the majority of the pvp concerns OR WOULD YOU STILL NEED more nerfs to make you happy. (although I don't really care if you are happy or not:gee:!)
No it wouldn't

Had to debate whether to even respond to you. Its like feeding into a trolls little game.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
wow - i just suggested major changes based on all the threads I read. So no room to compromise.
OK - guess their is only one solution and that is to give Power Scrolls in Tram. This would allow people to never go to Fel .

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
wow - i just suggested major changes based on all the threads I read. So no room to compromise.
OK - guess their is only one solution and that is to give Power Scrolls in Tram. This would allow people to never go to Fel .
Can we please try to keep this about taming? If you want to make the 2,047th thread since 2004 regarding power scrolls in tram, by all means make it.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If there is no room to compromise then another solution is required.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can have powerscrolls in Trammel... But, Every facet aside from "Trammel" should be converted to fel-only rules in return... :D
That's essentially what fel players have right now :sad2:, so... have fun with that.

Obviously, That does nothing to fix the issues regarding "Taming", people need to stop crying over powerscrolls when they have 90% of all other exclusive content.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Why should pets dismounting be removed? Archers can dismount?? Why can't the Tamer? Archers use their weapon Tamers use theirs... can't help a tamers "weapon" is a pet. It's already been changed so they have to be dismounted for the pet to do it... so... what more do you need?

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The problem is everyone wants fairness and we all know that life isn't fair. I don't want to say this and I'm not trying to start an argument, but for a long time, equality was tried in UO and it's rarely ever satisfied all parties.
Now that they've leaned hard to pvm and (whether intentional or not) forced pvp to be pvp+m, we've watched the bottom of pvp fall out drastically...
I think the developer have made their choice. In my opinion, what they have missed in all of this; communication.
When you don't talk, it's naturally left to speculation. When they take as much time as they have to address the community looking for answers, they lose players. When they lose players, they lose revenue. When they lose revenue, they can't replace staff. You see where this ends... and it all started with a lack of communication... it's quite simple... if you are working towards a fix, then just say something... but silence is never an option... it seems to be the only thing they are really good at though!

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Can an archer dismount, teleport, paralyze, and hit you for 30dmg within a few seconds? Does an archer have 900hp? Does an archer have 500mana?

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Why should pets dismounting be removed? Archers can dismount?? Why can't the Tamer? Archers use their weapon Tamers use theirs... can't help a tamers "weapon" is a pet. It's already been changed so they have to be dismounted for the pet to do it... so... what more do you need?
This is a horrible comparison... they aren't even in the same league...

Krush

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Nothing but a troll attempt, no need to respond to this.

As for DrAJ:
Dropping power scrolls and stat scrolls in Trammel would not do much for you. You will not be able to sell them for profit once a 120 Magery is as easy to get as a Soul Seeker or forged pardon. As stated above, it is not PVPers hoarding scrolls that has driven up the prices. It's the fact that every tamer wants a 120 Wrestling for every one of his 10 pets. Prices will probably calm down a bit once everybody has a good pet that is already finished training.

Of course it would completely wreck Felucca which I assume is your real goal here. Without a goal to fight over and a clear "end point" that makes it obvious one team has won (they escape with their hard-earned scrolls), then UO PVP becomes nothing more than a repetitive Quake deathmatch. Kill someone, die, respawn...kill a couple of people, die, respawn...

Since the devs have not really created a VVV or factions system that grabs people's attention, we have made the competition for spawns into our own unofficial faction system. You just want to smash it with a hammer because it would amuse you.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can an archer dismount, teleport, paralyze, and hit you for 30dmg within a few seconds? Does an archer have 900hp? Does an archer have 500mana?

I didn't say not to remove Teleport ..... but yes a Mage Archer CAN Paralyze and dismount you..... so yes... Calling for a nerf to teleport fine I get that.... but don't cripple it..... You all are calling for FAR too much... The Archer with Magery can technically teleport too you as well but why would they?????? They don't bite... But I can see removing Teleport but don't totally cripple the pet beyond use... there is balance... and there is OVERKILL.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I offered up a solution and it was turned down. Some pvpers don't seem to want it anyway but their own way. I think the taming changes were great and made hundreds (maybe thousands) of tamers happy. A major part was to balance (from their point of view) the unbalance that exists in pvp. Yet a few vocal pvpers want to change everything back where they are still king of the hill.

Make some concrete suggestions that the tamers can live with. Neither side should end up happy.
But remember one solution is to change things where no "tramies" go to Fel unless they want to partake in pvp which the vast majority do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.