• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] Publish 82 update 3 (very disappointing)

boltar

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Armor Material Enhancement Bonus Update ( meant to say publish 81)

I dont get this at all. I hate re-posting math over and over again but here we go.

Woodland Heartwood: 16 total resist plus 5% HCI or 10% DI
Updated Barbed: 16 total resist (will old barbed be updated with new values? my guess is no and im ok with that)

Updated Valorite: 17 total resist (how is trading 1 resist vs 5% HCI or 10% DI or medable a good trade?
Update all other ore: Less then 16 total resist so why does it matter
Updated Dragoncale: Less then 11 total resist so why does it matter

Stamina update:
The reduction of loss stamina wearing plate or dragonscale is not worth losing HCI or DI or med period. Its not even close.

Stamina Facts:
Hit Stamina leech offsets all stamina loss when wearing leather/woodland
Hit stamina leech is still 100% needed while wearing plate/stud/stone/etc even though you can go with a lower %.

This means should I give up (per piece) 5% hci, or 10% di, or medable to gain 1% resist and a lower HSL % on my weapon?

Imbuing Math:

1% resist is 6 points
5% HCI is 43 points
10% DI is 40 points
50% HSL is 100 points
25% HSL is 50 points

I feel safe to say that i can use a 25% hsl weapon wearing plate vs 50% when not wearing plate however i have to wear 6 pieces of plate to do this. So here is the math:

Plate: 6 x 6 = 36
HSL savings = 50

Woodland: 43 x 6 = 258

258 (woodland) vs 86 (plate, savings in HSL)

See the problem? Its 3x better to use woodland over plate with this patch.

Last edited:

TedDangerfield

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
It took me a couple of reads to understand your post. You make some very solid points, when you boil down UO's proposed changes and their property weight system using the values from imbuing, valorite is still getting the shaft with these changes. Granted, you should list the min/med/max values for Heartwood as the additional properties are random. Also, do not forget to include the +50% durability for valorite, unless their proposed changes are removing that property.

Before your post I had never actually looked at the wood resources. It is interesting that before patch 81's changes, 5 wood types had resists greater than valorite and after the patch 2 will continue to have greater resists and 1 will match it.

So ideally the one in charge of game mechanics will realize this discrepancy and adjust the numbers accordingly. Of course that is ASSUMING they want valorite to be the top dog resource. Comparing the straight skill levels required to get the resource, valorite (99 skill level) is easier to mine than 3 woods (100 skill level). Of course wood does not have the nasty habit of failing when attempting to smelt it (62% success rate at 105 mining). So I think its safe to say that valorite ranks much higher in difficulty to obtain.

-redman2k