• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Publish 69 - Partial notes

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everyone this is just the first of several published that will be put on TC1 as we complete the tasks.

Magery

Magic Reflection:

The magic reflect spell will once again be enhanced to provide additional tactical options in player versus player combat. At this time, any targeted non AOE spell, regardless of its circle, can be reflected(excluding Bards). This change will add variety and additional tactical options when fighting a character who has cast magic reflect.
  • When a player casts magic reflect they will receive a pool of reflection power which is based off of their magery, inscription, and scaled by their magic resistance.
  • The level of the spell cast on a target will remove power for the targets reflection pool. The more powerful the spell you cast, the better chance you have of defeating the magic reflection.
  • If the spell is not successful in bringing down the magic reflect, the spell will be reflected back to the caster.
  • Once a spell is cast that succeeds in bringing down the reflect spell, it will damage the target. This is true even if the first spell cast successfully breaks the reflect.
  • Once a reflect is broken, there is a 30 second delay before the target can cast reflect again.
  • Items of reflection will take 60 seconds to charge.
    • After equipping a reflect item there will be a 60 second delay before the reflect is active.
    • This will use only one charge from the item.
    • The reflect will act in the same manner as if it had been cast by the character wearing the item.
    • Once the reflect is broken, the wearer must wait 60 seconds before the item will place another reflect spell.
Ninjitsu

Death Strike:

Damage has been split into two parts (Direct/Physical) verses players.

Tracking damage bonus now provides additional damage based on player detect hidden skill verses players.

Hide/Invis Vs Detect Hidden

Hidden players who have been detected will not be able to rehide/invis for duration based on their hiding skill or magery skill.

Lumberjacking:

At GM Lumberjacking players will have a 5% chance to double their Lumberjacking damage bonus of 60% from base weapon damage.
Mysticism

Cleansing Winds:

· Now Factors in Curses

· Curse removal no longer based on chance.

· Each Curse Reduces Healing by 3 points + 1% per curse level

· Eg. Curse = Level 4

· Max Heal reduced by 12. Then by further 4%

· Curse Power = the Total levels of all curses in effect

· Poison reduces healing factor by 15% per level of poison.

Spell Plague:

• Now Triggers only on Spell Damage
  • Chance to Trigger is reduced by 3% per 10 points in magic resist above 70
  • 30/60/90 -> 21, 51, 81 @ 100 resist -> 15,45,75 at 120 resist
  • Base Damage lowered by 3 for each explosion
Other:

· All Potion weights have been increased to 2 stones. Empty bottles will remain 1 stone.

· Polymorped players killed with AOE spells can report attackers as murders.

· Spell Casting - Fixed issues with spell casted directly after another spell showing words of power and gestures but do not complete. Fixed projectile spells not dealing damage sometimes if casted consecutively.

· Innocent players can now damage primary targeted Innocent player with an area of effect spell.

· Hit Mana Drain and Hit Fatigue should now correctly drain 20% of the damage given from the targets mana or stamina.

· Corrected damage calculation of special move: Nerve Strike to work as intended.

· Reducing hit lower attack and hit lower defense proc duration on ranged weapons:

o Currently hit lower attack proc duration is 10 seconds for all weapons; ranged weapons will now have duration of 7.

o Currently hit lower defense proc duration is 8 seconds for all weapons; ranged weapons will now have duration of 5.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
How is the size of the reflect pool determined ie formula?

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everyone this is just the first of several published that will be put on TC1 as we complete the tasks.

Magery

Magic Reflection:

The magic reflect spell will once again be enhanced to provide additional tactical options in player versus player combat. At this time, any targeted non AOE spell, regardless of its circle, can be reflected(excluding Bards). This change will add variety and additional tactical options when fighting a character who has cast magic reflect.
  • When a player casts magic reflect they will receive a pool of reflection power which is based off of their magery, inscription, and scaled by their magic resistance.
  • The level of the spell cast on a target will remove power for the targets reflection pool. The more powerful the spell you cast, the better chance you have of defeating the magic reflection.
  • If the spell is not successful in bringing down the magic reflect, the spell will be reflected back to the caster.
  • Once a spell is cast that succeeds in bringing down the reflect spell, it will damage the target. This is true even if the first spell cast successfully breaks the reflect.
  • Once a reflect is broken, there is a 30 second delay before the target can cast reflect again.
  • Items of reflection will take 60 seconds to charge.
    • After equipping a reflect item there will be a 60 second delay before the reflect is active.
    • This will use only one charge from the item.
    • The reflect will act in the same manner as if it had been cast by the character wearing the item.
    • Once the reflect is broken, the wearer must wait 60 seconds before the item will place another reflect spell.
Ninjitsu

Death Strike:

Damage has been split into two parts (Direct/Physical) verses players.

Tracking damage bonus now provides additional damage based on player detect hidden skill verses players.

Hidden players who have been detected will not be able to rehide/invis for duration based on their hiding skill or magery skill.

Lumberjacking:

At GM Lumberjacking players will have a 5% chance to double their Lumberjacking damage bonus of 60% from base weapon damage.
Mysticism

Cleansing Winds:

· Now Factors in Curses

· Curse removal no longer based on chance.

· Each Curse Reduces Healing by 3 points + 1% per curse level

· Eg. Curse = Level 4

· Max Heal reduced by 12. Then by further 4%

· Curse Power = the Total levels of all curses in effect

· Poison reduces healing factor by 15% per level of poison.

Spell Plague:

• Now Triggers only on Spell Damage
  • Chance to Trigger is reduced by 3% per 10 points in magic resist above 70
  • 30/60/90 -> 21, 51, 81 @ 100 resist -> 15,45,75 at 120 resist
  • Base Damage lowered by 3 for each explosion
Other:

· All Potion weights have been increased to 2 stones. Empty bottles will remain 1 stone.

· Polymorped players killed with AOE spells can report attackers as murders.

· Spell Casting - Fixed issues with spell casted directly after another spell showing words of power and gestures but do not complete. Fixed projectile spells not dealing damage sometimes if casted consecutively.

· Innocent players can now damage primary targeted Innocent player with an area of effect spell.

· Hit Mana Drain and Hit Fatigue should now correctly drain 20% of the damage given from the targets mana or stamina.

· Corrected damage calculation of special move: Nerve Strike to work as intended.

· Reducing hit lower attack and hit lower defense proc duration on ranged weapons:

o Currently hit lower attack proc duration is 10 seconds for all weapons; ranged weapons will now have duration of 7.

o Currently hit lower defense proc duration is 8 seconds for all weapons; ranged weapons will now have duration of 5.
I am completely shocked that it appears as though you guys actually sat down and attempted to fix PvP. For the most part, I believe these changes will make PvP better. However, before this goes live, for the love of GOD, please reconsider cancelling magic arrow nether bolt the same as magic arrow magic arrow. There is simply no place for it in PvP. I am very excited to see how these new changes will play out.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
what is the problem with nether bolt? is it the speed ? if so how can a spell caster trigger spell plague? maybe i am just not understanding what you are saying !

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what is the problem with nether bolt? is it the speed ? if so how can a spell caster trigger spell plague? maybe i am just not understanding what you are saying !
There is no problem with nether bolt. It's when you cast magic arrow followed by a nether bolt repeatedly. It's the same thing as spamming magic arrow on someone non-stop, which is not allowed. I don't understand why it is when using nether bolt, which is the same thing as magic arrow.

W

Wojoe

There is no problem with nether bolt. It's when you cast magic arrow followed by a nether bolt repeatedly. It's the same thing as spamming magic arrow on someone non-stop, which is not allowed. I don't understand why it is when using nether bolt, which is the same thing as magic arrow.

i think you missed this part...

Also the Magic Reflect changes will make these spells pretty much useless i think

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
ah I see what you are saying my only concern is being able to still set off plague 3 times which can be difficult with any other spells

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
hmmm I bet we see a lot less spellcasters now and go back to everyone playing dexers that is the sad part oh well i will be fishing lol

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think you missed this part...

Also the Magic Reflect changes will make these spells pretty much useless i think
I don't think that's what they mean they fixed. I have no idea what this magic reflect thing is going to do to PvP. Personally, I have a feeling I'm going to be making a dexxer with magery just to be able to do this...

W

Wojoe

hmmm I bet we see a lot less spellcasters now and go back to everyone playing dexers that is the sad part oh well i will be fishing lol
I think your wrong, if anything mages will make a comeback. They said your going to need magery/inscription & resist to cast the best Magic Reflect..time will tell

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I think your wrong, if anything mages will make a comeback. They said your going to need magery/inscription & resist to cast the best Magic Reflect..time will tell
That was why I asked for the formula... but as you say we wont know till we see it
also concerned how the damage is applied to the reflect pool exactly

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
if i understand what she said they will be implemented as completed makes me think not all will be ready at same time

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if i understand what she said they will be implemented as completed makes me think not all will be ready at same time
Oh so you mean I've been waiting over a month for some PvP changes and now that they are announced I have to wait another month for them to actually be made? Cool...

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
thats just my take on the wording i dont know for sure but no matter what we looking at couple weeks of testing i bet at least

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is currently live on TC1.

Edit: To clarify another comment, what you see above is live now on TC1. Just don't mistake these for the full publish notes. We'll be tweaking and appending to the notes as we approach Publish 69's release.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do like the changes...just wondering where band aid changes are. Don't seem to see them on the list.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

The Magic Reflect change sounds like its going to mess up people who use it with Reactive Armor for added resists with Inscription.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is this Fel-ruleset only? I hope so.

This would be bad for Trammel ruleset, and even some applications in Fel (such as Champ spawns during the low levels), as it is common practice to target an ally, a pet, or even YOURSELF with the AoE spells, to get everything surrounding the "target". And those would all count as "innocent" targets.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am glad the developers seem to be taking PVP balancing seriously for the first time in a long time. I don't think there has been such an effort since Publish 25.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Polymorped players killed with AOE spells can report attackers as murders.
Does that mean that blue players in Animal Form will no longer be freely attackable in guard zones? (like they're grey)

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well this will have implications for people who use magic reflection to round out armor. Also after going on test the gump on the bar is broken I wanted to see how many points at max would give but it was marked with megacliloc and when it went off spammed cliloc error over head, which was pretty annoying.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think this is a good thing at all :|

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I 100% agree. The rest of the changes look really good for pvp balancing but this is just....bad.

And goodbye mystics....

Not to mention deathstrike DID take a nerf for SOME reason. If the person has 70 physical resist then DS is complete junk. Used to do 40 no matter what if u had 100/120/120 but now it does.....20 direct damage and a lil more physical damage which is nowhere NEAR 40 now. Against 44 physical it did the 20 direct plus 11 damage. 31? COME ON! I don't even play a deathstrike character but jeez. This is all without tracking mind you and yes tracking does add to damage for ONE deathstrike. To get the bonus you have to retrack.

Why do the devs feel like this needs to be nerfed?

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*All Potion weights have been increased to 2 stones. Empty bottles will remain 1 stone.

Its a good thing, people cary too many potions these days.

Please consider increasing the cooldown time of potions aswell.
including the mythic healing stone.

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*All Potion weights have been increased to 2 stones. Empty bottles will remain 1 stone.

Its a good thing, people cary too many potions these days.

Please consider increasing the cooldown time of potions aswell.
including the mythic healing stone.
Healing stone timer is fine, its tied to focus and mystic skills, now if they please make potions also skill required like needing Alchemy, id like that.

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On account of the magical reflect changes, will you also take away the changes in your resists when this is cast? If so people who uses it with(or without) inscription will get an armor nerf....I really hope not.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, why they don't remove potions at all?
with my warrior I barely can bring 20 pots per type while I go hunt, I don't figure how can do people in pvp with double weight...

the potion weight should be halved not doubled, maybe they have to raise the weight of spellbooks for mages, so they can have the same trouble of warriors by bring some equipment around :|

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Currently many mages are using GM inscription and reactive armor and magic reflect to boost their armors resists,(specially in RP-pvp) with the new change to magic reflect this possibility is basicly destroyed. They need to either make the reflect not end when the reflection charges are used up, or change reactive armor to fill the gap ..so to speak.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
increasing pot weight is a great idea. just makes sense.
empty pot 1 stone. ok, i get that. same pot full of a mashed up reagent still one stone? makes zero sense. good call on that one devs.

i think there needs to be a timer on cure pots, chance of failing, or something that would make the poisoning skill useful in pvp again. bring the nox mage/dexxer templates back to life.

as far as magic reflect getting changed back to how it, somewhat, originally was...sounds good to me. if people have to change their armor a little bit, well, evolution is a beezer. adapt.

i think this is a great development. devs are doing pvp right. 'preciate ya.
*tips cap*

I

ikaikaman

OK,once again.....sounds GREAT!!!
"Invisibility quipments and teleporting ring" again too.or delete all.

In Jp-shard ,these Items destroy PvP,at least your Intention.so...

"Hide/Invis Vs Detect Hidden,using "
This is MEANINGLESS when using teleporting rings a few times.
I...No,We have thousands of charges.

New comer all said" We do not have these!!!Unfair!!!"and stopping PvP.LOL.

What do Devs think about it?

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At GM Inscription magic reflect spell will give you -20 physical resist and +10 in all the rest for a total of +20 resist points boost to your armor, in RP-PvP this is a significant bonus to having gm scribe since we are only alowed gm made none runic armor. It would cripple the class very much and it is in my opinion very unreasonable. It cant be too hard making the resist stay even if the reflect ability wears off?

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tested Luberjacking- Still useless. the extra 2dmg really isn't all that impressive.

What did they change to bokutos? I can't figure it out.

Darhon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uh, so if you decide to change reveal/detect,
maybe you will fix reveal and detect so they wouldn't detect with 100% chance, even if caster/detector have lower sum skill points than the hidden target?
That's really annoying...
p.s. I Do Not PvP, so I Do Not Care about PvP.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I hope it should be
Hidden players who have been actively detected by only players using detect hidden skill button will not be able to rehide/invis for duration based on other player detect skills vs their hiding skill or magery skill.

T

Turles

thank you for finally nerfing the crutch known as spell plague. =] real pvpers will be able to try an fight again

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Uh, so if you decide to change reveal/detect,
maybe you will fix reveal and detect so they wouldn't detect with 100% chance, even if caster/detector have lower sum skill points than the hidden target?
That's really annoying...
p.s. I Do Not PvP, so I Do Not Care about PvP.
Thats a very good point, casting monsters that see you a millisecond before you Invis always reveal so you need to double Invis, will that no longer be possible?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the changes for reflect. I'll probly have to change a couple suits around a little because I used reflect/ra to balance resists in a couple places, but not that big of an adjustment.

Ninjitsu, was it really needed? I didn't feel like death strike is overpowered, why the need to take damage down even further? The only people running jitsu now will cap it at 80 just to run away in llama. Gonna make people pick up another skill on an already cramped template just to get deathstrike damage?

Hide/Invis vs Detect - I think that is a really good change. Does this count only when revealed by detect hidden, or does area affect damage also reveal and count as detecting someone.

Lumberjacking - Long overdue. My sampire uses LJ, so I'm interested to see what this does to my damage.

Mystic - I think the nerf to cleansing is good, and doesn't seem to underpower it at first glance. Gives poisoners a purpose again. Also another reason to actually use debuffs.

Plague - Does hit spell on weapons count as 'spell damage' to trigger this? What about nerve strike, since technically it is a 'bushido spell' (same with deathstrike).

Potion weight - I like it.

Nerve Strike - the calculation was wrong? Seemed that I was always doing 15-25 dmg at 120 and thats what the formula said I should be doing. Can anyone confirm there is any change?

P

Pwn3rg1z3r Bunny

Still no cure pot cooldown? Poisoners are still useless...And no fix on trap boxes.. Granted you made Resisting Spells somewhat useful with Spellplague but Resist still seems useless to have.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still no cure pot cooldown? Poisoners are still useless...And no fix on trap boxes.. Granted you made Resisting Spells somewhat useful with Spellplague but Resist still seems useless to have.
Poisoners have a pretty good bump.. level 5 poison basically nullifies cleansing winds.

P

Pwn3rg1z3r Bunny

I chug a cure pot. You lose. Plus I can go chug cure, use heal stone and heal for 40ish so cleanse was not needed. Plus Cleanse Isn't the only thing Mystic/Mages cast I mean they can go cure and mini heal spam around your little dexxer and if your a mage with poisoning i'll just make sure you don't get close to me for the poison to get its full effectiveness.

Plus the fact I can go Protection cast cleanse and right before the cursor comes up chug a cure and drop the heal on my mage. Same with G-Heal.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you think that poisoners should be the end-all of pvp?

Na.. this is a good step. It blocks cleansing cross heals, which was my biggest problem with it.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think Poisoning should get a big boost.

Put a 8 second timer on cure pots. Also add a minute timer onto poison potions(when adding on a wep. like once the 12 uses on a kryss run out, you can't poison it again for a min.)

Just an Idea.

Anonymoose

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Truth. This and the issue with Magic Arrow/Nether Bolt spam being neglected are my only real criticisms.

Its good to see that three overpowered templates (NS/DS dexxer, Spell plague-anythings, and even *gasp* archers!) have at least been somewhat addressed. Sorry guys, but a three-fingered monkey with cerebral palsy could play that OP bokuto ninja or AI archer with double hit spell...

These changes are definitely a step in the right direction, but overall I just don't see it changing too much. Mystic mages will still get along just fine, archers will still AI spam for 50 dmg despite HLD timers, and poison will still be useless outside of mage duels.

Nevertheless, I think everyone here appreciates the dev's attention to pvp, overdue though it may be, as this is probably one of the most thoughtful pvp patches in as long as I can remember.

PS: Not being able to cast fields on or near a house is a terrible idea!

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sweet.. you get to keep my $12.99 a month. Thanks for doing what we pay you for.

C

canary

TBH I'm not thrilled about the changes to Magic Reflection, like others have said some use it to balance out their suits.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Balancing a suit is super hard to do now a days. *Shakes Fist*.........