• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pub notes state Greater Dragon is nerfed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone tested damage? I would but I'm at work now..

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
rofl

Greater Dragon Nerf 1.0:
* Damage cap of 130 (Melee and Breath Attacks)
* Special attack change 10%, instead of 20%
* Special attacks fire no more than once every 30 seconds
* Breath fires no more than once per 45 seconds
* Breath and special attacks will never fire less than 15 seconds apart
* Tamers which are hidden and flagged aggressor against another player will be revealed when their dragon breath attack hits the player

Pretty impressive nerf.

My personal favorite was

Dread Warhorse
* Breath fires damage cap of 80
* Horse cannot be mounted for five seconds after breath

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok ok, so the dread mare one was a joke, but greater dragon is true.

To someone with 70 fire/phys resist that means a maximum of 39 dmg bite or firebreath is all you have to worry about.

Still a worthy adversary if you are bit for 39 and firebreathed for 39, but no more insta kills.

I'll stick with my hiryu bites for 54.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greater Dragon Nerf 1.0:
* Damage cap of 130 (Melee and Breath Attacks)
* Special attack change 10%, instead of 20%
* Special attacks fire no more than once every 30 seconds
* Breath fires no more than once per 45 seconds
* Breath and special attacks will never fire less than 15 seconds apart
* Tamers which are hidden and flagged aggressor against another player will be revealed when their dragon breath attack hits the player

I'm impressed all the way around. :thumbsup:

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still a worthy adversary if you are bit for 39 and firebreathed for 39, but no more insta kills.
Good, I was starting to get tired of seeing nothing but PVP tamers.

watchertoo

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well dog gone it anyway... that was about the only way I could ever kill anyone... that and pushing them off their horses....

JUST KIDDING!!! The dreads are the ones I want "fixed".....

watchertoo

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TBH, I never really had an issue with the greaters... they were too darn slow to catch me most of the time. Once in a while I did something silly and got cornered but if I was open .... wolf, run, smoke... gone.... unless of course I am taking a greater for a long walk then I make sure to be visible now and then to encourage them to follow. ;)

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This nerf was not half as bad, as the Pub 16 was. We tamers always adjust on go on with it :) We still have alot of other pets that can do the job, just not as quickly as the GD :), now the crying about Dread will become even louder LOL!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya but a dread doesn't bite me for 50, bleed me, and fireball me for 70 when i'm trying to run and mini heal (after being 3 screens away)

Saint of Killers

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL

Buh bye Jewel & Lightning. Looks like Jewel is down to just poopy Thoram & her awesome mage Spitfire now. LOLOLOLOL

Lightning's down to...well, down to Luna bank sitting I quess.

DC grinders? Bwaaahaaaahaaaa Now we'll see what ya got bunnies. All kill/smoke bomb ain't gonna cut it anymore.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thats ok because the new pvp pet is going to be the raptor. Its going to move with lightning speed ripping you to shreds leaving your bones on the ground, and you staring at your screen saying WTF.

R

RichDC

Surely you know after dying as often as you do saint, no tamer in DC uses stealth to my knowledge. The only stealth ninja tamer we had came from TDR!

Besides our mages will still **** you up as bad as they always do!

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no tamer in DC uses stealth to my knowledge
That's not true, I saw a red DC tamer in Ice the other day that had ninja and stealth. I can't remember the name though.

Lol.

Saint of Killers

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Surely you know after dying as often as you do saint, no tamer in DC uses stealth to my knowledge. The only stealth ninja tamer we had came from TDR!

lol please Rich. This new "hi I'm Rich and I have pixel muscles now that I hide behind overpowered dragon chokes points" is a lil comical.

It was late when I posted, and the smoke bomb reference should have been directed at the 2 PwNT tamers that solely rely on hiding or invising after their all kill spams. DC tamers sit in a group and sometimes barely stay alive due to their overpowered drags ripping the tamers foe up. Those overpowered bites will not be there anymore, so your tamers will get put down quickly, and "you" personally will have to fight without their help 24/7. It's a new word Rich, and DC just took a couple steps back from the nerf. One on one DC never had any steps to take back obviously, but we all know you run with your "pack instinct" 24/7 anyway.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably won't be seeing Lightning or Jewel hugging the Yew gate much anymore with thier dragons. :loser:
While jewel and lightning are equally lame, you're pretty much on the same level.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL

Buh bye Jewel & Lightning. Looks like Jewel is down to just poopy Thoram & her awesome mage Spitfire now. LOLOLOLOL

Lightning's down to...well, down to Luna bank sitting I quess.

DC grinders? Bwaaahaaaahaaaa Now we'll see what ya got bunnies. All kill/smoke bomb ain't gonna cut it anymore.
listen to this pathetic tamer player complain about another pathetic tamer player... keep talking ****... ur gonna end up at luna bank with her when they nerf dogs...

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Haha. As hapless as The DC/BC/Trammel Alliance was before the nerf(4 supers at a fight were common) they are even more hapless now. The big fights have been a bit rare lately as alot of people are testing all the new stuff out but in each and every fight since the new expansion Ive seen with them (3or 4 big fights) its been like shooting fish in a barrel without the insta kills from supers.

R

RichDC

Funny how i rarely ever see any FKD/TDR in any of the new PvP areas/Yew gate/brit when ive been running solo on my red faction mage.

Seems since this new patch no-one wants a fight, only J~W came and raided a spawn when i was on and to be honest...im glad they did, i got to see the tactic to drop it easy and we still made of with the arties statues and sots!

Either way, for a long time i havent relied on pets. When i lag bad i use a dread never used a drag, plus...when we work with our "core" group the 40-50 damage from hit + firebreath of someone elses drag is more than enough to stat everyone!!!Oh and saint, im more than willing to fight you 1v1 no pets no hiding no running anytime you like, same goes to anyone...most i will lose but i dont care, i enjoy fighting hence why im on a red faction char most of the time!

To the stealther statement, since Striker left our guild (tamer originally called tamer :p) i do not know of any stealth tamer.

R

RichDC

Haha. As hapless as The DC/BC/Trammel Alliance was before the nerf(4 supers at a fight were common) they are even more hapless now. The big fights have been a bit rare lately as alot of people are testing all the new stuff out but in each and every fight since the new expansion Ive seen with them (3or 4 big fights) its been like shooting fish in a barrel without the insta kills from supers.
Funny how in the fight i think your talking about...the only one ive seen J~W at, i managed to kill 5 people with my dread.

You are actually gna have More trouble now people can move of faster and still do the 50-60+ Firebreaths with others dumping...we will still keep drags of course because they still rock at pvm.

Although, i do wish this nerf had been on the PvP side not the PvM side as well.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im on a red faction char most of the time!
Who?

To the stealther statement, since Striker left our guild (tamer originally called tamer ) i do not know of any stealth tamer.
I don't know any of them but I know I saw a red stealth tamer with ninja showing a DC tag in Ice. Subsequently the 4 of us were raided by 10-15 of the newb alliance.

R

RichDC

Churchill, red wrestle scribe mage in blue.

I don't know any of them but I know I saw a red stealth tamer with ninja showing a DC tag in Ice. Subsequently the 4 of us were raided by 10-15 of the newb alliance.
Asi i said i do not know who that is...however, you guys know our numbers. You know if we want to we can come in with 20 people at any given time...so why not set up a defence???

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Churchill, red wrestle scribe mage in blue.
Don't see that char much.

Asi i said i do not know who that is...however, you guys know our numbers. You know if we want to we can come in with 20 people at any given time...so why not set up a defence???
ONly had 4 at the time. I guess we could follow the lead and start recruiting in New Haven. :fight:

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny how in the fight i think your talking about...the only one ive seen J~W at, i managed to kill 5 people with my dread.

You are actually gna have More trouble now people can move of faster and still do the 50-60+ Firebreaths with others dumping...we will still keep drags of course because they still rock at pvm.

Although, i do wish this nerf had been on the PvP side not the PvM side as well.
I would much rather fight 15 of you with no pre pub supers than 10 of you with 4 pre pub supers. What exactly has the end result been for DC against us since the change? Thats right, alot of dead DC losing the fight as well as thier spawn each time the 2 guilds have come across each other.

R

RichDC

Don't see that char much.
Hes around alot...not usually at yew gate, more in the towns or out by the demon temple...as lynk im sure has screenies of our massacre there! Only time im not on him normally is because im in stat...oh and at the moment im training imbuing

ONly had 4 at the time. I guess we could follow the lead and start recruiting in New Haven. :fight:
That would be -Y-, we recruit of the field of battle now.

R

RichDC

I would much rather fight 15 of you with no pre pub supers than 10 of you with 4 pre pub supers. What exactly has the end result been for DC against us since the change? Thats right, alot of dead DC losing the fight as well as thier spawn each time the 2 guilds have come across each other.
Umm...Actually no, i have lost one fight. Still held every fight in T2A and despise...its just been that one new champ where the spawn ****ed us up more than you guys ever could!

R

RichDC

I don't see any difference between the two.
Its quite obvious really alot of DC actually run around and try to solo raid spawns...maybe the months of easy J~W raids has gone to our head and we think we can win!

We also dont ally the biggest hacking guilds on the shards -82- and all there counter guilds! Apart from our allied guilds we fight everyone...shame that cant be said for the rest of the shard!

Oh...and -Y- do what DC did about a year ago, wait for a big fight to be going on and try to sneak in a spawn! If you (anyone who raids us) went and checked the spawns after/during the fight 9outta10 you would find -Y- trying to pull a fast one, as we have many a time...left and taken theres!

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its quite obvious really alot of DC actually run around and try to solo raid spawns...
I've only seen them with XV and BC in tow. It's in and out and then they're all back in trammel.

I don't know much about =82= except they're in SL.

However I don't expect any of the forementioned guilds being able to fight their way out of a paper bag on even terms or otherwise.

R

RichDC

I've only seen them with XV and BC in tow. It's in and out and then they're all back in trammel.
Wrong guild....the guild i run solo in is SA

When for example today i tried fighting 3v1 for about 20mins, lost twice so called in 2 more SA to make it 3v3 and BOY did they drop fast!!!

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wrong guild....the guild i run solo in is SA
SA is allied to the same guilds, DC, XV, and BC. They invited me several times but I had to decline. Either way, DC doesn't solo raid anyone. SA possibly, but the newb alliance? no.

R

RichDC

Thin mints does, hes my stealth archer...usually takes res kills and just ****s people of...also does my silver farming for me!

watchertoo

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WHOA EVERYONE!!!!! This thread took a serious detour away from the discussion of nerfed dragons. IMO, there are several of these posts that rightly should be "upstairs" in the pvp forum.

Let's keep the pvp posts where they belong and the threads as true to the discussion/subject as possible.

Thank you!!!!

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thin mints does, hes my stealth archer...usually takes res kills and just ****s people of...also does my silver farming for me!
You'll have to excuse me if I doubt you. Aside from that I heard you 3v3 was actually a 5 vs 3 and one of the three was a tamer in the same faction. Lieing Ftw.

M

Malador

wolf, run, smoke... gone....
That is one of the next things they need to fix. Also it might have mattered to you if you actually wanted to fight and not just survive. Anyone can out run one and it dont take uber ninja skills. Its surviving one and killing the tamer that is more difficult.

R

RichDC

You'll have to excuse me if I doubt you. Aside from that I heard you 3v3 was actually a 5 vs 3 and one of the three was a tamer in the same faction. Lieing Ftw.
If 5v3 = Me on churchill...pyro and iron solomon(aka strums mcthumbs)

Thats 3 max 4 if people discount the same char who had to change being blue and non faction.

If the tamer is stupid enough to bring a dragon fighting the same faction thats not our fault...he was still swinging bolas for the others to attempt(badly) to kill us.

Thats 3v3 would have been 3 v 4 (then there drag would have worked)if they hadnt been ***** and left TB for com so they didnt keep being stated!

However i undestand...that quick a destruction i would have thought it be more than 3 people!

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the tamer is stupid enough to bring a dragon fighting the same faction thats not our fault...he was still swinging bolas for the others to attempt(badly) to kill us.
The tamer was already there, you were there screwing around apparently on churchill and died 1 v 1. You tried again then got bolad and dropped again. So then you called in 4 SA to fight the 3 that were there and thats including the dragon. No point lieing about it. I'd have more respect for you if you simply admitted to killing them 5 vs 3.

Correction, you died 3x and then got on a blue.

M

Malador

I don't know much about =82= except they're in SL.

However I don't expect any of the forementioned guilds being able to fight their way out of a paper bag on even terms or otherwise.

Yea I am not seeing these solo raids

I do see stealth tamers but much like yOu (meaning rich) no dc really impress me enough to remember.

Rich is as always talking about things that really have not happened.

Oh and Rich, while I did not get the first kill in the new lands I ddi get the second.

R

RichDC

Lies and falshood do not befit you!

The first time i can in to find some red loser archer(i found this out in our fight) fighting som e no named blue. I waited for there fight to finish then flagged on the red, had him red lined and froze with my awesome Ping for about 2minutes, no surprises i died.

I resed and came back, asked said archer for round 2 at which point i got bolad by the tamer and then preceeded to teleport to the bridge, invised and went back to fight both of them. Got a little cocky and died a second time.

At which point i called in Pyro and Iron Solomon(who came on a blue...Strums Mcthumbs) after about 20seconds of fighting(ask them if they noticed pyro was grey from ressing me) Iron got of of strums and back onto iron and in about 30seconds after that they where all dead...At NO point at all tonight have i been of my faction char.

Maybe, just maybe if you actually participated in PvP you would have seen what happened! I even got asked to kill one of my own to count someone but hed already healed up, as the loser red ran past the healers with pyro in chase.

R

RichDC

Oh and Rich, while I did not get the first kill in the new lands I ddi get the second.
Good for you, when you stop cut and pasting your tool bar ill accept any screenshots, until then...go home baby

M

Malador

LMAO Stealthing around hoping for an opportunity to pop shot someone is not solo raiding.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lies and falshood do not befit you!
They wouldn't have benefited me anyways, I wasn't there. But I know a few of them that were and I have nothing to gain or lose from this. You on the other hand, are lieing simply because you don't want to look bad after spamming crap on the board like DC solo raids, 3v3, etc. We can clearly see who's lieing.

Maybe, just maybe if you actually participated in PvP you would have seen what happened! I even got asked to kill one of my own to count someone but hed already healed up, as the loser red ran past the healers with pyro in chase.
I was at work, but I'm seen pvping a lot more than your entire guild combined. So don't kid yourself. Besides after you died on your blue several times at the healer you started giving counts. Lol. But keep going its hilarious.

R

RichDC

They wouldn't have benefited me anyways, I wasn't there. But I know a few of them that were and I have nothing to gain or lose from this. You on the other hand, are lieing simply because you don't want to look bad after spamming crap on the board like DC solo raids, 3v3, etc. We can clearly see who's lieing.

I was at work, but I'm seen pvping a lot more than your entire guild combined. So don't kid yourself. Besides after you died on your blue several times at the healer you started giving counts. Lol. But keep going its hilarious.
Ok how many times do i have to say the same thing to you dumb BOA ****s???

I was on a red factioner throughout it all! I died 2 to a 1v1 first of(with the help of uk-us lag) and 2nd time 3v1 1 stealth tamer 1 stealth archer and that crap archer who i died beofre to.(previously TB now com cos he got statted too much), I then called in 2...Count it, not that hard to do! Its the one after one and just before 3, people to help and they died...if your "friends" cant admit defeat thats fine...just like i wouldnt expect denin to admit to sacred journeying of everytime bar 1 when there is a fight on.

Maybe you should join in the fun and get stated like the rest?(although this occasion they avoided it by having switched factions)

Status
Not open for further replies.