• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Proposed PVP changes from most recent newsletter

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As a past staff member I take exception to this...

Staff are volunteers (for the largest majority of them at any rate) and have to balance posting in an official capacity as well as posting in a personal capacity. When they are posting "on topic" they are speaking for themselves and themselves alone.. and at that time can be just as biased as the rest of us....

Agreed to a point.

But when you start a thread threatening bans and telling people how they must answer...you aren't looking for discussion. Heavy handed is the nicest word that comes to mind

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
But when you start a thread threatening bans and telling people how they must answer...you aren't looking for discussion. Heavy handed is the nicest word that comes to mind
I understand what you are saying there. I mean most of us folks stay "in line" just because that is who we are lol. Some other folks though... don't stay in line unless that heavy handed stuff is brought to the forefront on occasion... betting you know first hand how that is from your years on staff.. some folks just don't toe the line unless they see the stick you are gonna bash them over the head with :)

Sorry for the brief hi-jack tho folks

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
But the good news is all these changes (at least 3 that are terrible in my opinion) will go to test first and that is the time to express our displeasure to the developers for the changes not in a thread started by a moderator that handcuffed responses.
I have to agree, the moderator that started this post has not been very unbiased in his posts on the other recent threads

No responses were hand-cuffed and no one was told how they must answer. I simply asked all of our posters to stay on the topic of the PVP related changes. We currently have multiple other threads in UHall about power scrolls and the other PVP Tamer topic had been derailed with personal attacks and a lot of people jumping in merely to express their disdain for PVP.

It is not unreasonable by any account to ask a thread not be derailed, especially when the developers are monitoring these threads and making changes to the game based on some of the suggestions Stratics posters are making.

Furthermore, this post was made after discussion with multiple other Stratics staff members, and not in a unilateral act of bias to limit responses. If you have an issue with that, bring it up to members of leadership and keep further responses related to the original topic.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No responses were hand-cuffed and no one was told how they must answer. I simply asked all of our posters to stay on the topic of the PVP related changes. We currently have multiple other threads in UHall about power scrolls and the other PVP Tamer topic had been derailed with personal attacks and a lot of people jumping in merely to express their disdain for PVP.

It is not unreasonable by any account to ask a thread not be derailed, especially when the developers are monitoring these threads and making changes to the game based on some of the suggestions Stratics posters are making.

Furthermore, this post was made after discussion with multiple other Stratics staff members, and not in a unilateral act of bias to limit responses. If you have an issue with that, bring it up to members of leadership and keep further responses related to the original topic.
Send me a pm how to contact the leadership please.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when the developers are monitoring these threads and making changes to the game based on some of the suggestions Stratics posters are making.
So, the devs monitor the ridiculous flame wars between Snowflakes and Players, but ignore the actual bug reports from the test centre...then ship.

Ahoy

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After the proposed changes take effect. Pet's "Auto-attack" damage vs players should be as follows:

Pet with Base Damage @24-33, 700 strength (215%), 100 tactics & 100 anatomy.(123.75%)
Player target with all 70s (-50%) = 16-22 / 1.25
pet with 100% elemental damage vs a cursed player all 60s (-50%) = 21-29 / 1.25s

Pet with base damage @24-33, 700 strength (215%), 120 tactics & 120 anatomy. (146.5%) a +22.75% increase over 100/100 Tact/Anat)
Player target with all 70s (-50%) = 17-23 per 1.25s
pet with 100% elemental damage vs a cursed player all 60s (-50%) = 22-30 / 1.25s

Pets are still going to be very strong Offensively, but aside from a few combinations that may need slight tweaks, they'll be much more tolerable.

Pet Defense is still going to be very high, but we'll have to see how much "direct damage" is increased, which is limited in terms of how many attacks that deal direct damage we have access to.