• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problems with UoAssist

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know what you mean you formatted the pc. You may need to do a clean install of the operating system. Being on XP, probably not a good idea to do a clean install. You may not get all the updates you need. It could be possible your IP is unable to reach host server due to geographical location.
Formatted the PC is resett all, cancell the partition, make another and reinstall the OS. I have XP far from a long time and before this last probnlem it has always worked well with UoAssist.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you mean with enhanced Client? My computerr is too slow to use it :(
No Ivory, the CC client. They improved it several years ago, but folk were so used to UOAssist, they didn't really notice. When KR came out I thought that maybe Tugsoft wouldn't continue to supportUOA, so I explored the in game macros and found I could play ok without it. Tell me a macro you use a lot, I'll try to tell you if it can be done without UOA

Last edited:

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No Ivory, the CC client. They improved it several years ago, but folk were so used to UOAssist, they didn't really notice. When KR came out I thought that maybe Tugsoft wouldn't continue to supportUOA, so I explored the in game macros and found I could play ok without it. Tell me a macro you use a lot, I'll try to tell you if it can be done without UOA
The macro that i need is to heal pets. I've tryed to make this macro with the in-game macros But it works not well.. However i've intalled the Enhanced client but i don't understand all. It is very hard to learn :(

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The macro that i need is to heal pets. I've tryed to make this macro with the in-game macros But it works not well.. However i've intalled the Enhanced client but i don't understand all. It is very hard to learn :(
for healing pets in CC use 'select nearest' 'follower' then on the next line 'wait for target' and the line after that 'bandage target'.

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
However i've intalled the Enhanced client but i don't understand all. It is very hard to learn :(
Ivory, sorry to see that you're having so many problems. Hopefully Petra can help you with the CC's macro system.

To help with the EC, I would check this thread,
[Tech Help] - Instructional EC Videos

and this video walkthrough.

The EC can be hard to learn. However, if you take the time to learn it, the EC is very powerful.

The Stratics EC-subforum has most of the help you need!
UO Enhanced Client Discussion

Pet heal macros are easy to set up. I'll see if I can post instructions for you later. Or, you can just search the EC Subforum for pet heal macros.

Good Luck!

North_LS

Journeyman
pretty sure your problem isnt with your PC or UOAssist at all, it's with your connectivity to the UOAssist update site. If you cant load Tugsoft, Inc. in a browser window, you've got zero chance at patching UOAssist until that's resolved. Try opening a command prompt and typing 'ping updater.updateace.com' and see if you get a response.

Where are you located? Maybe tugsoft or their hosting provider implements geoblocking.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pretty sure your problem isnt with your PC or UOAssist at all, it's with your connectivity to the UOAssist update site. If you cant load Tugsoft, Inc. in a browser window, you've got zero chance at patching UOAssist until that's resolved. Try opening a command prompt and typing 'ping updater.updateace.com' and see if you get a response.

Where are you located? Maybe tugsoft or their hosting provider implements geoblocking.
This is what i was going to say, before, the server was blocking some country's IP address. Try downloading something like Download VPN Gate Client and updating from another country.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is what i was going to say, before, the server was blocking some country's IP address. Try downloading something like Download VPN Gate Client and updating from another country.
Don't some governments block websites as well? She might be better off if she uninstalled and someone reputable like @Petra Fyde or anyone other than slipknot put it in a zip folder for her to download.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, i've already made all that you have sayed but update.uodateace.com doesn'.t work. The problem that i canìt update UoAssist is suddenly happened without have made no change to my computer.
Now i've found on tugsoft site a change to make at the registry
The link is UOAssist.
There is "Solution - If you know how to use the program RegEdit you can add a DWORD value named UpFailOK here: \\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tugsoft\UOAssist. Set the DWORD value to 1"
In my registry I don't find that key. Can someone help me with registry adding that line?
I've just reinstall my UoAssist and the reg info is

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tugsoft\UOAssist]
"UOAThreadPriority"=dword:00000001
"ERegVersion"=dword:00000004
"LoadMethod"=dword:00000000
"FileToLoad"=""
"LoadStandard"=dword:00000001
"CheckTest"=dword:00000000
"UOADaily"=dword:39371376
"QuickChoice"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tugsoft\UOAssist\RegInfo]
"RegParam"=dword:ad09ab2b

It needs to add the key DWORD and then the value UpFailOK. I' not be ablo to made this thing. Someone can do it for me and then copy here the registry with the new key?

Petra Fyde and all that have been helplng me with the Enhanced client, todaqy evening i'll learn more and i will see if my computer is right for this. For now i've just downloaded it. But i love CC Client and i hope to resolve my problem adding that key at my registry. However if the Enhanced Client works well i'll use it.
Thanks to all :)

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I live in Italy and normaòly i use Europa shard. The problem of the lack of uopdate UoAssist was heppened suddenly, without I've made no change to my computer. It's a mistery :(

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I've made this and ping is allright. 4 packets transmitted, 4 received and lost 0
It seems that it is right.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just read that link - the reg edit info is for when uopatch.exe doesn't run - that's not the problem you're having. uopatch.exe patches UO - not uo assist.

This is the section of that page that covers your problem UOAssist

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just read that link - the reg edit info is for when uopatch.exe doesn't run - that's not the problem you're having. uopatch.exe patches UO - not uo assist.

This is the section of that page that covers your problem UOAssist
Ok, you have reason. But all that it is written here i've already made with no success. Now i try to use Enhanced client. This evening i'm very tired. I'll read the links that you have made to me to use enhanced Client and tomorrow i'll play with that client. I'll hope that it works with my computer. Thanks for all :)

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for healing pets in CC use 'select nearest' 'follower' then on the next line 'wait for target' and the line after that 'bandage target'.
Maybe i'm a little stupid. I've made your macro and i use for it F8 . But nothing happens :(
It is the only macro that i need. I have already other macros ( peacemaking, invoke virtue. Animal Lore and Animal taming, Cast invisibility and all works well. But i need that for healing pets. Are you sure that your macro is right?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe i'm a little stupid. I've made your macro and i use for it F8 . But nothing happens :(
It is the only macro that i need. I have already other macros ( peacemaking, invoke virtue. Animal Lore and Animal taming, Cast invisibility and all works well. But i need that for healing pets. Are you sure that your macro is right?
The macro is correct, I think you need to set a macro for "targetsystem ON/OFF" which is down near the bottom of actions. set it to some arbitrary key like "<ctrl> 0" then toggle it one way then the to see when it works. this turns the new targeting system on and off which is likely why the macro is not working for you.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The macro is correct, I think you need to set a macro for "targetsystem ON/OFF" which is down near the bottom of actions. set it to some arbitrary key like "<ctrl> 0" then toggle it one way then the to see when it works. this turns the new targeting system on and off which is likely why the macro is not working for you.
Yes, now i've understood that it was my fault. Now I've turned it to targeting on and the macro works right :)

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It's possible that Tugsoft is unaware of this problem with Windows XP. You could try emailing him.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Suddenly this evening UoAssist is working again. I don't have macros and i have to enable the seeds but it updates itself. I have not do anything. It's a mistery.