• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problems with UoAssist

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've already written in the other post but noone have answered to me. I've made the change of the reg config and UoAssist have working fine until the 10 times. Now it doesn't work another time. It's not updating and it doesn't open . What can i do? Who can resolve my problem, please?
Thanks

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd try uninstalling UOAssist, restart the computer, and reinstall UOAssist. That failing to fix things, I'd try uninstalling both UOAssist and the Classic Client, and then reinstall both. Hopefully undoing and fixing whatever problem the registry change inflicted on your system.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, tomorrow i'll try to do what you have sayed. I hope that it helps me. I'll post the results. Thanks

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, it doesn't work for me. I can't update UoAssist and I can't use it anymore. Please help me :)

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Clearly further reason why people should never screw around with the Windows Registry... *sighs*

At this point I'd back up all my files on the hard drive and reinstall Windows and then everything else. These Windows 10 computers don't let you reinstall to a blank erased hard drive so the problem may not go away, but at this point, it's what I would do. Try a likely quick fix, and then go nuclear.

If you've got movies and music on your hard drive make sure where you bought them will allow you to redownload purchased files. Some really large files don't save to flash memory sticks.

Don't forget your browser internet bookmarks and any saved game files from any games on your computer. Make up a written list of what to be sure to back up so you miss saving as few things as possible.

AND NEXT TIME UOAssist doesn't update itself just log out of the game and leave the client running. Click the Windows 10 desktop in the lower right corner to hide the game window and bring it back when you want to play again using the games taskbar button.

Good luck on beating this problem.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry but i have WindowsXP Service Pack 3. It's quite difficult to solve everything just by formatting :(

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why I referred to it as nuclear, My computers used just for internet, UO, and not a whole lot else. One of the benefits of being an old soul. I can back up on a single 32 gig flash memory. At least XP still lets you reinstall to an empty hard drive.

If reinstalling Windows isn't an option for you, I'd say go back to where you found the registry change you used and find another to try. Look up how to back up the registry you currently have and reinstall it if needed, back it up, and try someone else's registry change idea. You've got to replace the bad registry info that's keeping UOAssist from working. If you have a program on your computer that scans and fixes the registry, try running it.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Went to a website on Windows Registry

The tweaker's guide to the Windows Registry

and it mentioned using System Restore to go back to before you made a bad registry change. Does your computer have Restore on it and is there a Restore file from before you did the registry change?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just ordered a book that's supposed to be a good introduction to messing with the registry, be here in about a week. I'm curious if you can just go into where you made the change, erase all the change, and not have a brain dead computer afterwards. That may get rid of your problem. If it sounds likely, I'll wipe out the UOAssist registry data on this computer and see what happens, got registry repair software and a laptop has back up to reach the game if things go bad. At worst I blow an evening listening to music and reading a good book while I nuke this computer. :)

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"i have windows XP" and something isn't working.
The answer is in the question

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Went to a website on Windows Registry

The tweaker's guide to the Windows Registry

and it mentioned using System Restore to go back to before you made a bad registry change. Does your computer have Restore on it and is there a Restore file from before you did the registry change?
WinXP had very frequent system restore points. If I remember correctly it was two restore points a week by default.

No offense to OP or anyone else but if you're unsure what you're working on, leave it alone...

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"i have windows XP" and something isn't working.
The answer is in the question
I actually got along with XP quite well. If Microsoft still supported it I'd have no problem going back to it.

WinXP had very frequent system restore points. If I remember correctly it was two restore points a week by default.
Wan't sure if I'd had to add Restore to XP or if it was to 98. Having it came in handy now and then back in those days I'd wander just about anywhere that sounded interesting. I'd had my computer set up to do nearly daily Restore Points which saved my rump.

No offense to OP or anyone else but if you're unsure what you're working on, leave it alone...
*laughs* I did a registry change given on a website to add a trick to Windows way back when and never touched it again. Don't think the computer would even get to the desktop. :)

You know if an added programs registry info can be deleted and the computer still work afterwards, other than the deleted Registry program?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what i always did was uninstall the program and then remove all the folders and file remnants. then i would back up my registry and then methodically find and erase all traces of the program from the registry. after that i would reboot and see if the machine worked. if it did then i would re-install the program, but yeah, if you don't know what you're doing just leave it alone and find someone that does

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Ivory Norwind download ccleaner. Remove uoassist. Run ccleaners registry cleaner. That should remove all the registry files for programs no longer installed.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry but no. I've formatted my computer, i installed CC client and UoAssist. Then i can't update UoAssist. Now my pc is really clean because i've formatted it. So I don't know what i have to do. Also if i have formatted the pc ( i use windows WP with service pack 3 i can't use UoAssist :(
They say that i can't Update it and the game comes without UoAssist. Now i'm really worried.I need UoAssist!

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why don't you use windows 10? it's supposed to be faster for older PCs

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't use window 10 because my computer doesn't support it. I have to change my computer (that has 9 years) But now i don't have money to do it.
I don't know why all the people can use UoAssist and me no. What have i do? I've also formatted the pc. It is really clean now. How other people has resolved this problem? before formatting it I've tryed to use the 10 times in the reg config but after the 10 times UoAssist never worked another time :(

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please. there is someone that post the registry key that I have to change to use UoAssist for 10 times? The link that i've tryed doen't work for me. Thanks!

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry. Ok, i've already read this. But it doesn 't work for me. In another post there is the right way to add 10 more times. I used that change and it worked fine. But now I don' find it.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You've reformatted your computer with a new installation of XP, UO, and UOAssist, and UOAssist won't update.

What notice are you getting saying it can't update? Post a screenshot of the notice it gives. With a new installation of XP, any old registry changes should be gone.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This may not help at all.

Do you need an account associated with UOassist? It sounds like she is trying to run a trial version that has limited uses.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This may not help at all.

Do you need an account associated with UOassist? It sounds like she is trying to run a trial version that has limited uses.
Ivory Norwind

Are you reactivating UOAssist? If the UOAssist window comes up with the game window, click on the question mark in the lower right corner, click Registration on the window that appears, then follow the instructions that appear in the next window. This current problem just a case of way to many moons having gone by since you last installed UOAssist on your computer?

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ivory Norwind
Are you reactivating UOAssist? If the UOAssist window comes up with the game window, click on the question mark in the lower right corner, click Registration on the window that appears, then follow the instructions that appear in the next window. This current problem just a case of way to many moons having gone by since you last installed UOAssist on your computer?
I have many accounts. It's not this the problem.I have the problem that it doesn't update. I can't use it. The client doens't appear. Now i have formatted and UoAsisst doesn't work at all. I can't use te Reg info because the regestry is quite clean but it can't work for the 10 times. I hope that i've beeing explained well.
Tanivar, the screen that appears is like this New UOAssist Error
It's the same that i had before formatting.
I don't understand why i have to do :(

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm out of ideas. The reformatting and reinstallation should have put in an entirely new and clean registry so I'm at a complete loss why it won't update for you.

Have you tried going to the update.updateace.com website, clicked UOAssist at the top, then Troubleshooting on the left?

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've tryed to go to update.updateace.com But it seems that there site doesn't exist. Can you help me to try to open this site? I'have made a very stupid thing formatting the pc because now i never have updated the UoAssist :(
But it is posible that all other people don't have a problem like mine?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I type the address update.updater.com into the Firefox search window, and click the Tugsoft link that comes up at the top of the list and go there without trouble. The site does exist. Have you tried getting there via your browser's search window like this?

candlemass

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I type the address update.updater.com into the Firefox search window, and click the Tugsoft link that comes up at the top of the list and go there without trouble. The site does exist. Have you tried getting there via your browser's search window like this?
You try running UOasist In compatibility mode for windows xp service pack3, right click on uoasist Icon ,go to compatibility tab,check In box for windowsxp service pack3

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, i've tryed just 10 minutes ago. But it seems that is no updater for IoAssist. The big problem is that iI've formatted so i don't have already patched the UoAssist client..

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You try running UOasist In compatibility mode for windows xp service pack3, right click on uoasist Icon ,go to compatibility tab,check In box for windowsxp service pack3
In that table i have only Windows 95, Windows 98 and Windows 2000. Not Windows XP with the server pack 3. This is the OS that I use. I've tryed with all other options but they doesn't work.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to try with an old version of UoAssist. There is someone that has it?
I want also make another try to change registry. Can please post ALL the change that i will try to resolve the problem?
I know that i am a little bored for you but please, have a little patience :(
It some trick to resolve my problem? I can't use Ultima online without UoAssist. Please, I am desperate :(

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The big problem for the rest of us is it's working for us so we can't duplicate the problem to figure out why it's happening. Why you can't type update.updater.com into a browser and reach Tugsoft is strange. Still scratching my head over that one.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If i type update.updater.com i see a long list to update but there is nothing for UoAssist. Can you make it for me and let me see what you see typing that link?With a screen, Thanks

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe try starting from here: UOAssist Also, if you've re-installed did you remember to locate your keys?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
edit: Been typing it wrong here... :blushing:

Ukjntitled.jpg

Last edited:

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe try starting from here: UOAssist Also, if you've re-installed did you remember to locate your keys?
No Petra Fyde. It is blocked before reading the little window of UoAssist. It doesn't update and the client is opened without UoAssist Then i can't do anything

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would have bought a new computer if it took 2 days to try to make something work.

And I have bought new computers just to play a specific game. But, I been using computers for a long time.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And I have bought new computers just to play a specific game.
Why I bought the laptop I have for a few hundred dollars at Walmart, as a backup for playing UO. Old desktop computer I'd built way back in 2001 had started getting grumpy and cantankerous way to often, so I went shopping.

TheWolf

Adventurer
I don't have any solid advice. It's possible you have made an error somewhere. But I can tell you that I edited the registry with exactly what was said in #1 post of that thread. I was not able to update immediately. I shut down the computer, went to work, and later that day when I returned, it worked. Cant explain how or why.

I can only imagine that the issue is with your registry, or your firewall is blocking you

candlemass

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have any solid advice. It's possible you have made an error somewhere. But I can tell you that I edited the registry with exactly what was said in #1 post of that thread. I was not able to update immediately. I shut down the computer, went to work, and later that day when I returned, it worked. Cant explain how or why.

I can only imagine that the issue is with your registry, or your firewall is blocking you
That person said they still had problems after a total reformat.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
updater.updateace.com - Google Search
Sorry but I'm not able to make a screenshot. But this is the site that appears whit the update.updateace.com..
All the links are of Tugsoft site and they doesn't allow to me to update UoAssist.
Yes you are able to do a screenshot. Hit print screen (every keyboard has it) and paste it to in your paint program (every computer has that too). Then upload here and maybe someone can get an idea what's going on.

I forgot which compatibility worked for XP but go down the list. I think it's 98. It's either that or your antivirus has it blocked or both if you did a clean format.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes you are able to do a screenshot. Hit print screen (every keyboard has it) and paste it to in your paint program (every computer has that too). Then upload here and maybe someone can get an idea what's going on.

I forgot which compatibility worked for XP but go down the list. I think it's 98. It's either that or your antivirus has it blocked or both if you did a clean format.
I don't havre made a screenshot but i've written what the link isays when i try to connect with update.updateace.com. You can see what i see..And there is nothing that can help me. All links are for Tugsoft and they can't upodate my UoAssist

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I
...I can only imagine that the issue is with your registry, or your firewall is blocking you
The registry is cleaned. I have formatted the pc. I've aslo shut down all firewalls (the Mother Board one, the modem one, windows firewall and the antivirus. )
My computer had anything free, without any block . And i've also tryed to open the port 80.
Now I don't know why all persons can use UoAssist and for me it seems impossible. Ever and ever there is the windows that sayes that i can't update and the program doesn't start :(
I can't play because the EC Client it to hard for my computer that is quite old and the processor is too slow to use the EC Client.
What can I do? Stop playing Ultima Online? I've just playing a gametime for 6 months :(

TheWolf

Adventurer
I don't know what you mean you formatted the pc. You may need to do a clean install of the operating system. Being on XP, probably not a good idea to do a clean install. You may not get all the updates you need. It could be possible your IP is unable to reach host server due to geographical location.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The registry is cleaned. I have formatted the pc. I've aslo shut down all firewalls (the Mother Board one, the modem one, windows firewall and the antivirus. )
My computer had anything free, without any block . And i've also tryed to open the port 80.
Now I don't know why all persons can use UoAssist and for me it seems impossible. Ever and ever there is the windows that sayes that i can't update and the program doesn't start :(
I can't play because the EC Client it to hard for my computer that is quite old and the processor is too slow to use the EC Client.
What can I do? Stop playing Ultima Online? I've just playing a gametime for 6 months :(
I'd really encourage you to explore the ingame macros - they can do more than most people think.