• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pretty disappointed

Amanda Shade

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No PvP.

Last 5 times I have been on there has been nothing. Nada.

Checked spawn spots, checked Abyss, checked everyplace I know to check.

Nuttin.

If it keeps up much longer I will likely not be around much longer.

I don't want to leave...but I don't want to stare at 12 year old graphics for the thrill of running on a screen by myself either...

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SP went to atl..

and JSV is just playing League of Legends right now taken a break till SP get their **** figured out i guess hopefully Kage helps with it...

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I log on and it's the same thing every night..

We run around looking for TnT, find none. Then 8 pop out and AI spam one target, repeat for 35 minutes. If we bring out a detector and tracker, they leave or go house fight. Not my idea of fun. So I've been reading more lately, getting into the gym more and working on my stand up. :/

Damien Softstep

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SP went to atl..

and JSV is just playing League of Legends right now taken a break till SP get their **** figured out i guess hopefully Kage helps with it...
When you go to another server you already have done given up...

And playing another game because of another guild just sounds really stupid to me...im sure when new people come here and see theres no one on their gonna rush to play SP...

The only reason for SP to die is because you have either given up or let it die...

Thats my 2 cents worth...

Varrius

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't worry, there is a small group of us coming over from Atlantic to kill TnT when they are around, should only be a few more weeks until our characters are ready for the likes of Jimmy (I run/house hide from new characters) Starr. We'll let the citizens of Siege have the first rights to looting for the help that has been given to us, we'll just loot what is left.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No PvP.

Nuttin.

I don't want to leave...but I don't want to stare at 12 year old graphics for the thrill of running on a screen by myself either...

I'm right there with ya. I've logged onto Siege every night...5pm, 7pm,. 9pm...Nothing. Alot of us did move onto Atlantic so we can pvp all day and whatnot. Lots of fun, you should come try it out! :)

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No PvP.

Nuttin.

Bet that new guildy of yours thrills you to death as well don't he?

Amanda Shade

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
he has not offended/bothered me at all.

until he does, i will not say anythng negative toward him.

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I log on and it's the same thing every night..

We run around looking for TnT, find none. Then 8 pop out and AI spam one target, repeat for 35 minutes. If we bring out a detector and tracker, they leave or go house fight. Not my idea of fun. So I've been reading more lately, getting into the gym more and working on my stand up. :/
Speedy, this is such BS! for the last three months you have played a hiding newby!

jump out and dismount for a blue tamer!

the only thing JSV brings is 2 blue tamers in tow, on every pvp session, weak!

if you want to blame someone for the dead pvp blame ROY and Khalen simple!

TNT is here and on everynight! name the time and place and we will fight!

Siege will be just fine, I am not worried.

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also don't like playing with our tamers. Half the time when I see them on, I just jump on my PvMer.

Damien Softstep

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you want to blame someone for the dead pvp blame
Ya im sure faction item costs didnt have anything to do with that either...i got someones gear you cant even wear but im gonna charge them ridiculous prices or ill keep useless gear to me or trash it...greed...alot of things killed PvP and SP...50% of it was the DEVS and the other 50% was the players...

C

CroakerTnT

I remember playing factions on atlantic in 2001 when Lord British's castle would be defended by 100-200 players, and the attacking hordes would be similarly numerous. Since then, pvp has been all downhill.

That said, I still enjoy the game enormously. Thieving is fun, hunting/farming is fun, crafting is fun, mining is fun... I suck at pvp, but I can be ganked with the best of them! PK'ing is still a rush, getting pk'd as well. Bank bombing for humor, or when I'm bored (probably got 90% or more of my counts that way!). Randomly shuriken'ing blues. Just exploring the outback and the new lands...

It's still better than playing a single player game.

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya im sure faction item costs didnt have anything to do with that either...i got someones gear you cant even wear but im gonna charge them ridiculous prices or ill keep useless gear to me or trash it...greed...alot of things killed PvP and SP...50% of it was the DEVS and the other 50% was the players...
Yes your correct, it is the same thing...

asking two payers to play their faction chars (instead of blue) is the same as removing all faction gear...

poser...

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember the first time you drove a car and how exciting it was? How excited do you get driving a car now? This game is like 12 years old your not driving a car for the first time.

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In reality, last time JSV fought TnT out numbered we spanked them. And SP usually spanks JSV so...

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember the first time you drove a car and how exciting it was? How excited do you get driving a car now? This game is like 12 years old your not driving a car for the first time.
I've beend riving since I was 13, I still geta kick out it 24 years later so long as I have opprotunity to open it up and lay the hammer down:).

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe your pet dragon spanked them!
I don't know why you talk about tamers. I see SUPPERMAN on his mare tamer daily, same with Neo. Duke and Hattori on occasion. Not to mention you guys running Vollems lately. quit crying :)

V

Vaelix

Problem : Everyone is running Stealth except SP generally..

Solution : I bring out Loki on my Tracking / Detect

Problem : "We will not pvp you guys when you have a detector"

Source : Dirrect quote from when i last quit.. Via Monolith.

:heart:

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Exactly. I tried running a detect/track char. As soon as you detect, they smoke bomb and then won't play any more.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yep. spart, on a blue detector, has chased a sqaud of tnt that doubled our numbers back into their houses a few times.

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love how Mook acts like I've ONLY ever played a dexer. The only reason I started was because as a solo mage, you just can't kill many stealth dexers. They either won't fight 1v1, or get low in life and smoke bomb. So as a mage you fight until you either

A) Get unlucky and hit 4-5x ina row

or

B) They gank.

Not fun for the mage.

Damien Softstep

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no reason for any of the three big guilds (JSV,SP! or TNT) to be running hiding stealth characters when their guilds are so big...but if you have a small guild that fields lets say 2-3 whats the point in getting ganked by the three larger guilds?

And what i think is really funny is that people keep crying about hiding/stealth...but forget to mention all the ways to dismount and gank a player...

Lets pretend for one second and say they "fix" hide/stealth or even just take the two skills away...who will be left on this server to pvp when the three big guilds are considered zergs on this lonely server...

Hiding/stealth are the least of the pvp problems...greater dragons...dismounts...and blessed/prodo stamped items on SP are way more bigger problems...

Its not the skills as so much as the items that are ruining PvP...smokebombs...faction runes...bolas...dragons...blessed items...etc...

My 2 pennies...

V

Vaelix

The only problem i have with stealth/hide/smoke bombs is..

People refuse to even pvp when they lose their little cushion of Protection (Smoke Bombs vs Tracking/Detect)

btw Damien, your pennies are worthless

Diablo FTW

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lmao ur just a liar.... half of jsv died at the last fight we had... including the tamer, shadow spawn died 2 time in 2 hour...

way to faill

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

old news..Mono has been gone over 10 months...( save 10 days around christmas)

Damien Softstep

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only problem i have with stealth/hide/smoke bombs is..

People refuse to even pvp when they lose their little cushion of Protection (Smoke Bombs vs Tracking/Detect)

Well considering faction suits cost 1-3m to get back i wonder why?

Which leads me back to faction items are ruining PvP too...but honestly i think imbuing is gonna 75% fix that problem...

V

Vaelix

old news..Mono has been gone over 10 months...( save 10 days around christmas)
You dont think others have the same mindset?
^ That ^

Well considering faction suits cost 1-3m to get back i wonder why?

Which leads me back to faction items are ruining PvP too...but honestly i think imbuing is gonna 75% fix that problem...
I've never had more than 15 Mil in my Bank at any given time on siege.. yet i generally never have trouble with faction gear.. Hell ive got 600k to my name on siege.. but i can bet if i were pvping, I'd have 0 Trouble with gear.

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know why you talk about tamers. I see SUPPERMAN on his mare tamer daily, same with Neo. Duke and Hattori on occasion. Not to mention you guys running Vollems lately. quit crying :)
neo has been on around 2 hours over the last month same with hat and if supper plays his tamer its during the day.

the last months of fighting the only pets have been JSV and I dont even care about the pets...its the blue pets, at least have the stone to join factions

Tell ya one last thing speedy, I have watched you eat more smoke bombs over the last 4 weeks then I have eaten in 2 years!

cya on the field, until you pop smoke and stealth away...

Damien Softstep

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If only we had this much energy to make post after post on uohall and emails etc...then pointing fingers at each other...the game will always have overpowered/gimp items and people will continue to use them for a advantage its up to the devs to stop it or atleast tone it down...

PM
Email
Let the devs know arguing with each other achieves nothing...it takes more than one person to fix unbalanced items...

S

Sunchicken

neo has been on around 2 hours over the last month same with hat and if supper plays his tamer its during the day.

the last months of fighting the only pets have been JSV and I dont even care about the pets...its the blue pets, at least have the stone to join factions

Tell ya one last thing speedy, I have watched you eat more smoke bombs over the last 4 weeks then I have eaten in 2 years!

cya on the field, until you pop smoke and stealth away...

I bet he doesnt pvp in animal form tho...

YAY for healing archer with balanced bows 50 ep and wolf form...

H

Hugibear

Damien you are wrong the biggest problem is hide stealth. All the other things you mentioned are easy to deal with when the opponent has to be revealed, and cant just dissappear into thin air. You say that the gear being prodo stamped is also a major issue, gee ive been on prodo about 5 days and I hardly see prodo people wearing the faction gear.
Most of SP! went somewhere that they could get some pvp action without hide and stealth. And guess what everyone is loving it. I would rather put up with speed hacks than the hide/stealth. And please dont tell me people on siege dont speed hack, I could list a couple dozen.

E

Elmer Fudd

No PvP.

Nuttin.

Maybe we are there, could it be that we all just took TnT's lead and everyone is runnig around with Hide/Stealth AI archers and were just waiting for you guys to show so we can Armor Ignore you then if we fail we can smoke bomb away.....lol

Come and find us, where could we all be? lets meet out in the field friday night and see if we can find each other.....weeeeehaaaaa

Dont call us! we will call you....ROFLAMO

Damien Softstep

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damien you are wrong the biggest problem is hide stealth. All the other things you mentioned are easy to deal with when the opponent has to be revealed, and cant just dissappear into thin air. You say that the gear being prodo stamped is also a major issue, gee ive been on prodo about 5 days and I hardly see prodo people wearing the faction gear.
Most of SP! went somewhere that they could get some pvp action without hide and stealth. And guess what everyone is loving it. I would rather put up with speed hacks than the hide/stealth. And please dont tell me people on siege dont speed hack, I could list a couple dozen.
Thanks to imbuing...my major problem with prodo shards is the duping and i like to receive something when i kill someone...i also dont like the fact of trammel farming...ive been playing SP on and off for the last 8 years ill never go to a prodo shard...

What really blew my mind is they adjusted item insurance and etc but never fixed SPs faction costs...

Damien Softstep

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another thing that neeeds done away with is the "balanced" property...i also believe mages should not have to have parry to compete in PvP...i think the whole combat system (hci,dci,combat skill) has to be looked at too...