• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

President backs Islamic complex near Ground Zero

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nestorius

The Old Testament is about the suffering of the Jews, the need for a savior, and the prophecies of the coming "Messiah" who would be the one to make atonement for the offense against God by the sin of Adam & Eve.
You do injustice to the Old Testament.

The majority of the Old Testament is a historical narrative of the kings, prophets, and wars of Judea and Israel.

The CONTENT of Issiah, for example, records a prophet speaking mostly of 8th century BC Israel and Assyria, does it not?

Whether or not you think you found a quote that might be relevant to something written over 600 years later, doesn't negate the primary MEANING of the Book of Issiah, nor its conventional prophetic meaning as a prophecy of the Babylon exile. Same with the rest of the Old Testament. Its the holy book of the Jews, too.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Let's compare that with Islam and the founder Mohammed who declares he is the only true prophet of god. If you don't follow what he says you will be destroyed...

(Jesus warned us about false prophets to come)

Islam is the arabic word meaning "submission".

Crimes of Mohammed against humanity:

-Massacre of unarmed merchants during sacred month.
-Slaughter of Meccans who came to defend their caravans.
-Murdered poets who criticized Mohammed.
-The siege of the Banu Qaynuqa.
-Surprise raids on trade caravans and tribal settlements.
-Use of the plunder to recruit an ever growing army.
-Murdering of opponents.
-Blackmail.
-Expulsion and massacre of the Jews at Medinah.
-Attack and enslavement of the Jews at Khayber.
-**** of women and children.
-Sale of these victims after ****.
-Treachery and bribery to the fullest extent to grow the numbers of his "religion".
-Coveted, stole, and had sex with his own son's wife.
-Married a 6 yr. old girl and had relations with her at age 9.
-Slept and had sex with a dead woman.
-Taught not to take Jews or Christians as friends.
-Invented fake religion and false god to justify these sick acts.

Islam is an evil religion created by an evil man. I don't hate muslims and i'm not a racist. The religion is the issue here. It goes against everything this great country stands for...
-
How could a handful of Bedouin manage to conquer and HOLD the ENTIRE southern Roman Empire if the local inhabitants didn't prefer MUSLIM ARAB government to CHRISTIAN ROMAN government?

S

Sadrith Mora

Fluffi, or anyone else...

My objective for posting the comparison of the 2 religions was to show the differences of how they were established. Christianity came about in a humble way as demonstrated by Christ himself. The Apostles continued to spread the word peacefully even through persecution as Christianity blossomed, in fact, even thrived on the blood of it's martyrs.

In contrast, Islam developed in the 7th century when nobody wanted to believe what mohammed was teaching until he took up the sword and began converting by force. Murder, ****, and other crimes were the result. It turned into what we still see even today by fundamental Islamists. A mission to conquer the world, and for everyone to come to submission to Islam and it's Sharia law.

I call it an evil religion because that's what it was from the start. I'm glad you brought up the crusades, because that would have never been necessary if there wasn't a conquering religious movement called Islam.
Muslim armies had conquered much of Northern Africa, Egypt, Palestine, Syria, and Spain, which had been some of the most heavily Christian areas in the world. Thousands of Christians died during this drive to eventually bring the entire world under Islam. If this defensive war was not fought, then we would probably all be Muslim today.

Yes, there have been offenses in the name of Christianity as you pointed out, but that's not what i was looking to argue. If Islam never came about, there wouldn't be a need for the crusades, and there wouldn't have been a 9/11 tragedy, either. Something to think about.

If they build that community center/mosque, it will be another victory for them as they see it. They know we don't want it built near ground zero, but they don't care. That's what they do.

Here's the latest news:
'Hamas' mosque funder - NYPOST.com

Hisham Elzanaty & the Ground Zero mosque--editorial - NYPOST.com

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

My objective for posting the comparison of the 2 religions was to show the differences of how they were established. Christianity came about in a humble way as demonstrated by Christ himself. The Apostles continued to spread the word peacefully even through persecution as Christianity blossomed, in fact, even thrived on the blood of it's martyrs.
[/url]
You're joking right?

N

Nestorius

In contrast, Islam developed in the 7th century when nobody wanted to believe what mohammed was teaching until he took up the sword and began converting by force. Murder, ****, and other crimes were the result. It turned into what we still see even today by fundamental Islamists. A mission to conquer the world, and for everyone to come to submission to Islam and it's Sharia law.

I call it an evil religion because that's what it was from the start. I'm glad you brought up the crusades, because that would have never been necessary if there wasn't a conquering religious movement called Islam.
Muslim armies had conquered much of Northern Africa, Egypt, Palestine, Syria, and Spain, which had been some of the most heavily Christian areas in the world. Thousands of Christians died during this drive to eventually bring the entire world under Islam. If this defensive war was not fought, then we would probably all be Muslim today.

Yes, there have been offenses in the name of Christianity as you pointed out, but that's not what i was looking to argue. If Islam never came about, there wouldn't be a need for the crusades, and there wouldn't have been a 9/11 tragedy, either. Something to think about.

If they build that community center/mosque, it will be another victory for them as they see it. They know we don't want it built near ground zero, but they don't care. That's what they do.

Here's the latest news:
'Hamas' mosque funder - NYPOST.com

Hisham Elzanaty & the Ground Zero mosque--editorial - NYPOST.com
Christ died, Paul preached, Constantine converted, and Christianity became the state religion of the Roman Empire for over 1000 years. We should compare Mohammad's message to the message of Christianity in the 7th century. The Koran introduces concepts to Christianity that were not so emphasized before. For example, the Day of Judgment, when God rewards and punishes those who deserve it. You will not find this idea in the Bible so much as the Koran. You will find much more against polytheism, abortion, and licentiousness behavior in the Koran than the Bible. I think if it weren't for the Muslims, Christianity might very well be absorbed into local Pagan culture. I believe Christians (and Jews) view their religion in a different light because of the prodding of Islamic strictness.

Anyways, for the first thousand or more years of Christianity, the theory on war was based on the Old Testament, where the favor of God was an important factor in military strategy. You can't play the high horse with Jesus without negating the history of the religion. Christian pacifism became in vogue in the 19th century right around the time of the development of Marxism.

Compare that to the 7th century Anglo-Saxon Christian Warrior Elite performing holy communion with drinking horns, mixing Christian and Pagan Germanic symbolism in the holy art.

Or imagine the persecuted Monophysites of Alexandria Egypt choosing overlords who allow them to worship the way the wish (for a tax) instead of killing and persecuted them like the Roman Christians did. It took hundreds of years for those lands to become predominately Muslim.

S

Sadrith Mora

Nestorius,

We should compare Mohammad's message to the message of Christianity in the 7th century. The Koran introduces concepts to Christianity that were not so emphasized before. For example, the Day of Judgment, when God rewards and punishes those who deserve it. You will not find this idea in the Bible so much as the Koran.
First of all, the Catholic Church scrupulously compiled the bible after it was translated from hebrew to latin in 400AD. The 'Latin Vulgate' then became the standard bible for Christians for the next 1000 years.

The author/authors of the Koran drew their sources from old apocraphal Christian writings that were omitted from the bible. They were omitted from the bible for good reason. I.E. - Being 'fictitious' So, to say that Mohammed, or the Koran introduced new concepts to Christianity that were not so emphasized before, isn't going to fly.

If he created his own views on what he somehow thought was true, it still has no validity whatsoever, either, as he has no authority on the matter - whereas the Pope in Rome has the continued unbroken succession of authority dating back to Jesus Christ when St. Peter was given the 'keys to the kingdom', and whatever he binds on earth is bound in heaven. etc.

As far as abortion is concerned, the early church fathers had much to say on the matter if you care to look for it.

I think if it weren't for the Muslims, Christianity might very well be absorbed into local pagan culture.
I think that is an absurd assumption to make. How about this instead: If Islam didn't exist, the world as a whole would be a far better environment to live in, not just the free countries.

Anyways, for the first thousand or more years of Christianity, the theory on war was based on the Old Testament, where the favor of God was an important factor in military strategy.
The Catholic Church's teaching on 'Just War' was developed by St. Augustine of Hippo (354-430) when he described the 4 conditions of how a war could be considered just.
1. The damage inflicted by the aggressor on the nation or community of nations must be lasting, grave, and certain.
2. All other means of putting an end to it must have been shown to be impractical or ineffective.
3. There must be serious prospects of success.
4. The use of arms must not produce evils and disorders graver than the evil to be eliminated.

The killing of innocents during war is strictly forbidden. However, if by accident a stray bullet, or bomb causes the death of an innocent, the church recognizes it to be unintentional.

The following video links are of a woman named Wafa Sultan. She was born to a Sunni Muslim family in Syria. She lived under 'Sharia Law' for the first 3 decades of her life until she was able to move to the United States. She currently resides in California, and today is a Psychiatrist and an outspoken opponent of Islam. I highly recommend listening to her perspective.

YouTube - Wafa Sultan-Terrorism and Islam (New)

YouTube - Wafa Sultan about the "Prophet" Muhammad!

YouTube - Wafa Sultan on Sharia

If for some reason that isn't enough, you might want to listen to Geert Wilders talk about the current problem of Islam spreading throughout Europe.

YouTube - Geert Wilders Warning to America Part 1 of 2

YouTube - Geert Wilders Warning to America Part 2 of 2

Status
Not open for further replies.