• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Post Your Custom House Designs Here...

G

The old thread was getting a bit unwieldy and several of the houses are no longer there or the pictures are no longer hosted, so we're starting over fresh. Post your house design pictures here, and include the plot size (if you remember it). Also, if the house is public, post your shard, coordinates and facet for those of us that would like to come by and have an up-close look.

P

PHLiNX

Currently no longer own the house, but just wanted to share. The house was empty at the time this pic was taken, with just a few plants placed.

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is an upgrade i did for a friend... the main structure was there, i just went over and revamped the stairs/built a roof/tweaked some walls etc. Pretty pleased though, turned out looking alot better than it was... (i wish i had thought to get a before pic ;-) )

G

I would like to see interior shots. The exterior is gorgeous. There are some very nice designs in this thread. I would post my shop but I cannot get the entire thing in one image.

K

Kratos Aurion

Wow jcesare , you've outdone your self in the farm and the manner! They both look really good.

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe Thank you Xanth, I love your "basement" entrance/exit!

G

Beautiful layout, and great job getting it to look like a united treehouse "compound". I especially like the reddish wood flooring on the walkways. It is a nice contrast to the greens, browns, and grays.

-Skylark

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think I ever posted pics of my house in the old thread, so here they are.
Again all credit for the design goes to Jaddak. I took his awsome design and slightly tweeked it to fit my needs. I always had trouble finding a house style I liked, I would get bored looking at the same walls everyday. That's the best thing about this place, each floor can be different, and you can't tell from the outside.
38 degrees 13 minutes North
39 degrees 26 minutes West
From Makoto-Jima gate head west till you get to the first road, it is right outside of town (Zento)

^Roof

^1st floor

^2nd floor

^3rd floor

A

Apocalyptica

And that one is in Malas as well in the secret place by the Luna walls. Sorry for the bad quality, I am crap with paint, lol

K

Kolian

Okay...

So this is my 'flagship' house, which used to be my home on Sonoma while I still played. I believe it still stands, under someone else's ownership. Unsure if it's public.

It's a 16x16 on the north ring in Zento. Won two awards, one as a local shard thing and the other was Castles & Courtyards' roof contest. Was submitted for Markeedragon's big one at the start of UOSE, but did not place.

This is an undecorated picture of my entry for the UOML beta's 'best one gets a free upgrade code' contest. No luck there.

That used to stand in Darkmoor on Sonoma... Never bothered doing the RP thing I was planning on with it, so it's gone now.

Second/Third floor interior

This was my design entry for the Mage Tower on Sonoma... Wasn't used.

A variant on the one up top, done for a friend. Used to be down the street from my place, until its owner quit the game, leaving to another person who put up something truly terrible.

One of several places done for Calell on Sonoma... Didn't turn out as well as I had hoped.

Done for Venus on Sonoma, another variant on my place.

K

Kolian

<blockquote><hr>

This is my floral shop on Origin. I based it on one of several drawings I found of the Hanging Gardens of Babylon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Geeze, nice work on the deco. The plants really give the structure a good look.

A

Apocalyptica

I needed more space for plant growing so I redone my place in Malas north of the pyramid.

Ultima_Dork

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
years ago a small player run town was started on chessy.
that town has slowed died out over the past few years, and is now.. passed on. The last remaining founding fathers, Lord Ander, has now moved on from the game as well.

Friday night i purchased his largest home in the old town of Nidaros.
I redid the design and made it my own. Im still deco'n it but this is what i have thus far..

as a side note.. he left many items in the house made by his blacksmith, Lord Ander. Ive used them all over the house just to pay respect to the man that held up Nidaros as long as he could..

(pardon the stuff on the roof in the last pic... items left from last deco and havent gotten them down yet)

I

imported_Aspen Darkfire

=D dont think any AUSSIES have posted so i thought i might be the first... this is my house in Makoto-Jima just up from the moongate, on Oceania of course!

Shown Below is The Stone Monkey Inn of Oceania

^ Outside The Stone Monkey Inn

^ inside 1st Floor - Training Room

^ 2nd Floor - Bar and Dining Room

And Last but not Least, the 3rd Floor - eg Bedroom, Study, Workshop AND a small garden *smiles*

A

Alynora

right, here's the latest group of designs...

sorry bout earlier pics no longer working, but i rearranged stuff on my photobucket album...

T

TattooedLioness

<font color="purple">Heres my house On Chesapeake Outside Shakra</font>

Front Of the house...

First Floor

Second Floor

Third Floor

Top Floor "The Roof"

I

imported_Lord Kynd

the house with the rocks, oh my lord, so many rocks .

alot of theses houses look very nice, but i would perfer to see them in the 2d client than the 3d client.

A

Apocalyptica

So, I finished the ground floor and the roof of my keep. Thought I post some piccies. First floor is still under construction, hence you see some chest on the balcony...just ignore then, hehe. I really cannot think though how to make my first floor in the moment.

GroundFloor:

Roof:

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
jcesare - I love your manor house! I hope you don't mind, but I've attempted to duplicate it for my main home on Atlantic. Kudos to you! (I'm so design-challenged!)

H

hyggeligt

I downsized from an 18x18 to a classic tower, then a different classic tower in a better location (within a week) and then stumbled on a place-able spot on Makato-jima. Without any thought about sacrificing storage space, I placed immediately! I am so thrilled to own a home here. It is perfect.. Can't compete with the natural beauty of the surroundings!

H

hyggeligt

My other home. I'd love to see what people have done with the 9th Anniversary Heritage items. It was a true pleasure to decorate my house with all the new options. While I admire the creative use of items to create new decor, I opted to adhere to strict use of items for their intended purpose. My hope is that the game devs will make more decor items available. Thank you so much for these! I bought a total of ten 9th Anniversary boxes. I'm sure I'll be redoing the house in another month.

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently managed to place two plots, amusingly enough, both in the same spot on two different shards. I'm surprised they weren't already take as it's a 13x14 spot in a really nice area near Spirituality shrine in Trammel.

Anyway, I managed to build one of them (I lack the funds to build the other at the moment!) and decided to make a ruin as I am very fond of crumbling stone and the advance of nature.

J

jaytin

I don't know if this has been done before but I don't have a house; I have a ship at a harbour. Please let me know what you think.

R

ravenwaves

Well, after being off for a year and a half I decided to come back to UO, and this is the first house I've built since back. The other half and I rolled on siege where there is no shortage of house space, and were able to place 2 side by side 18x18s in malas. This is my first attempt at building 2 homes to look like 1, as well as my first attempt at designing in quite some time. I'm thus far happy with the overall look.

The floors in the first house are pretty basic, and really bare since I don't even have any stuff yet!

Luckily, my second day back in game I happened onto a really nice idoc annd found a few things to fill out my courtyard. My greenhouse is a little underdeveloped because I planted my first crop that day, but I'm sure it will bloom out nicely.

Second floor is a variation on a lot of village style houses I've seen. Eventual it's intended to be a kitchen and servants quarters (when I can track down some beds).
It ocurred to me that this elven cabinet isn't too far from resembling a stove top so I'm going to flesh out the idea, and my kitchen cupboards will be a little more apparent when I get a counter underneath it.

The third floor is intended to be guest rooms far removed from my husband's crazy experiments in his lab in the manor (lest they become experiements!)

The room in the NW corner is planned as a library, and I have the beginnings to a music room in the entry. I'm trying to turn the shadow alter into a pipe organ. Soon as I figure out something to stack to make pipes
(ideas please?)

And the rooftop you see clearly from the first image I hope to turn into a small island sanctuary. I'm seeing lots of pillows, picnic basket, ad perhaps an awning.

check back after I've been playing for a full week and have gathered more goodies to flesh out the decor. It's quite a challenge to find even goza mats on siege!

I

imported_oligizmo

How did you do that? Where all this nice stuff come from?

G

It is clearly a freeshard, I don't thinks stratics should be supporting these pics .... I clearly think we have no shards with abbreviations of DFI....

G

You can post pics from freeshards, you just can't mention them by name or try to get people to join.

G

Thanks I did some work on test first that made it easier. I had originally made the walls out of the reddish Japanese style house color. I redid it looking for a lighter coloring trying to blend different textures. I think I cna live with this for some time. I wanted a house with as few doors as possible. That was one of several things I didn't like about the tower design.

G

It's really cute! You can try doing a roof, but a flat roof made out of wooden floor tiles, and bordered by the short orc type wood walls. You can also leave a tile open to put a heritage ladder going up to the roof. I think that could be really cute.

I

imported_JAY8533

OK. I've gotten good advice here in the past, so I'm hoping I can get a little more now
This is the design I have been working on for my island tavern. It is placed on Blanche Island, a bit off the beaten path, but seems to still get traffic due to its proximity to other, more interesting islands

I'm hoping for any suggestions on a design for the roof. I wouldn't mind a design withs some color to it, just not TOO eye popping, as I don't want the whole design to seem "top heavy" on the color. In any event, let me know what you guys think.

Outside...

First Floor...

Second Floor...

G

Did you do plaster on the ground floor then change to stone? Looks like you still have the NW corner wood post on the ground floor. And you don't have the tiny little maroon NW corner piece for the roof, hehe.

Ok so the roof...is it going to be used with furniture and the like or are you going to keep it just as a roof? That can make a little difference on how you do the floor. One thing you could do regardless of your plans for the roof is to checker another color in that is very close to the color you are using. If you want to put something up there then you could throw some plants around, maybe do more tables and chairs for an outside patio.

I

imported_JAY8533

Nah, I had stone from the start. I'm not sure why I can't get the little corner piece in there, but it is driving me nuts. Then again, I am not too good at this sort of thing. I look at everyone else's designs and I realize how sparse mine is. lol.

I'm really not sure what to do about the roof. I'm thinking of making it into a small patio, but I also wouldn't mind incorporating some functionality into it. As it stands, I've got the five different containers you see just about full of resources and various weps and armor I have to get around to rolling the dice on enhancing. I need someplace to put out some runebooks and potion kegs.

But I don't want the roof to look like a workshop or anyting like that. I'm at a total loss, so I'm just fishing for ideas. Thanks!!

G

Post is almost 2 years old, but I just now noticed part of it. Love the arch window with balcony/planter, Phlinx!

-Skylark

G

Great looking design Skylark. It looks almost real. I expected to see someone walking in through the front gate. Nice details

I

imported_Risso

I also hold the Blanche Island spot on Europa, that looks alot like how I wanted my design before I turned it into a temple