• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Post Your Custom House Designs Here...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My fisher on Siege wanted a fishing shack, but my crafter didn't want to give up her shop. Solution, move the shop to a bigger plot, add the fishing shack and a small garden.

I liked it so much I found a nice spot by the sea and did something similar for my Europa fisherman

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wanted to post my Fishery before i re-do it onto a lighthouse due to the new tiles and the fact its places on a peninsula :party:

Fishery House.jpg

Work area.jpg

lady arduinna

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im very proud of this design i just did on Siege Perilous. Its modeled after the Westminster Abbey in London. It is set to public but since the heaviness of pvp on siege every teleporter and door is set to friends only. Its along the southern wall of makato if anyone would like to go take a peak. Just be cautious of all the reds on our wonderfull land there.

I love it. It is the best house design i have seen yet.. and i can't imagine how many hours,days and or months that took you. Great job!

Z

zorrah

First of all, THANK YOU to all who use this forum. So many tips and tricks I've learned over the years! I'm about to strip out my home on Baja (transferring to Atlantic), so I thought I'd post pics of my house before it goes bare bones.

Here is my home, Yester's Eve:

Ignore the tiny post at the front of the house, it used to have a small chest that made it look like a mailbox, but I recently moved it and can't figure out how I made it work 3 years ago ;)

First floor: Gardening area, Treasure room, Smithy/tinker area and stables:

Second floor: Kitchen, Living room, and patio:

Third floor: Bedroom, bathroom, sewing area, and second patio:

My old home, 'Morrow's Eve:

Which eventually turned into this, after some wonderful feedback from this forum:

Can't wait for IDOCs to start back up on Atlantic--I'm currently squeezing into a 7x8 and let me tell you, it's a struggle! :)

Lady Wynn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a picture of my farm =) and yes that is an outhouse. I have a teleporter in it that takes me to my husbands house. So when anyone comes from his house to mine or vice versa they have to go through the out house =P I live here when I am not at the falling waters fortress. =) which you can catch me there alot.

Attachments

Melchior1

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These are some pictures of my castle on Europa.
Wow very nice. I see you are wearing a Georgia shirt. Me and my wife both play UO and live in Georgia too. We are currently deco our newest castles. lots of hard work hehe. very nice pics you have. I love the rubble.

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
threw this together.. back after five years, still fun as ever. 2D forever.

http://i47.***********/2rxfk85.png
http://i47.***********/2wemozt.png
http://i46.***********/167p93p.png
http://i49.***********/166irg7.png

LadyElizabeth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I love your curvy walls Potgut! I've never had much success in customizing with the brown stone walls. They always end up looking too clunky and square to me. However, you've most definitely reminded me that there are funky shaped walls for these.

I do have a question though...
In your 1st floor do you have horse dung on pedestals?? I wish I could see what the signs said. I'm assuming it's meant to be ashes or something close to that?

Potgut

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love your curvy walls Potgut! I've never had much success in customizing with the brown stone walls. They always end up looking too clunky and square to me. However, you've most definitely reminded me that there are funky shaped walls for these.

I do have a question though...
In your 1st floor do you have horse dung on pedestals?? I wish I could see what the signs said. I'm assuming it's meant to be ashes or something close to that?
Thanks LadyElizabeth for your compliments. Those what look like horse dung on the first floor are actually Deer Droppings and Yamandon Dung. They were left unlocked by an EM during the zoo construction event about 6 years ago (2006) at the Meer Village Zoo in Ilshenar (A zoo only in Pacific) , the signs breif this info.

Last edited:

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Trailer on blocks complete with custom designed outhouse!

redneckretreat.jpg

Here is my house on Siege. I designed it for a contest but unfortunately no one else entered so the contest was cancelled. Here is the original thread. The house is nothing fancy but I like it.

Last edited:

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I wasn't sure if anyone would actually want to see the inside. Here is inside the trailer.

inside_1.jpg

Here is the shed and underneath the trailer.

inside_2.jpg

Hope you enjoyed. :)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everybody!

I always loved this thread but I was to shy to post my own 18x18 design because I thought it would look far too crappy... However, I spent some time re-designing it and now I think I can show it...

Hope you like it: It´s my Trammel-Cottage on Marble Island, Drachenfels...

Best wishes!

Last edited:

Saul_Siege

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a recent 7x9 I made at Zento moongate on SP.
:)

Outside; Comfortable cozy bachelor pad:
Loft.jpg

1st Floor; Classic style study and library:
loft1.jpg

2nd Floor; Meditation corner and sleeping area with garden divider, includes mini kitchen:
loft2.jpg

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a recent 7x9 I made at Zento moongate on SP.
:)

Outside; Comfortable cozy bachelor pad:
View attachment 13015

1st Floor; Classic style study and library:
View attachment 13016

2nd Floor; Meditation corner and sleeping area with garden divider, includes mini kitchen:
View attachment 13017
Ha! I haven't been to my crafter's house in quite a while....didn't know I had you as a neighbor!! It's nice to see someone was able to squeeze something into that tiny plot. It's been empty for far too long.

Edited to add after logging in and looking: And it's empty again!! Drat.

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a custom "keep" I built on Yamato a few months ago that is shared with guildmates. Still slowly working on decorating it.

Yamato House Outside.jpg Yamato House 1st Floor.jpg Yamato House 2nd Floor.jpg Yamato House 3rd Floor.jpg Yamato House Roof.jpg

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I designed this house in preperation for my move I'm about to make in a few days. I based it on the design of another house that was posted here, but I shrunk it down to a 18x13 size. The new location is SUPER awesome and I really couldn't have found a better spot (though I wouldn't mind it being just a touch bigger... oh well).

Untitled-1.jpg

Seona

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
The house design is finished, just filling it up now!

House.jpg
The house is finished! I have my tower all squared away and my staircase really opened the layout up a good bit. I can't sit on those chairs, but it's the look that's important to me I always thought.

House1.jpg
The basement area has my crafting station and I will be putting more soulstones in soon. The big room, however, is going to be converted into a shrine to the Virtues and I'm going to be adding a lot to it in the future. I may also put my EM earned items here... not 100% sure.

House2.jpg
I had a bit of hassle with this pair of rooms, I will be adding more to this one I think... The salon isn't too bad though.

House3.jpg

This is my study, maproom and sleeping quarters. I still need to add more scrolls to the scroll shelf there, but the important ones are there.

This is my full house. It is almost completely finished, I just need to wait for the next patch to go through so I can set up my Ankh and then I am going to dress the basement up as sort of a shrine to the virtues.

I really do love this house.

Last edited:

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just wanted to comment that this thread (and it's predecessors) has always been my favorite and most read on Stratics. It's always inspiring and makes we want to redesign my house (again). My current design has never made me happy (it was completed a year ago) so maybe it's time to flatten the lot and start over. Who knows. *laughs* Thanks for the GREAT ideas!

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all,

I am back one more time with my 2nd house on Pacific. I recently sold my Fel Keep on my alternate account and found a lot in Malas right outside of Luna's West Gate and put this house up this past week. It is mostly for storage but I will eventually be putting up some vendors up here as well.

Outside:
I mainly constructed and decorated it in the style of a bed and breakfast/Inn. With a garden on the southeast corner. (I took the fountain and poppies from my other house to put here as it seemed a better fit).
Outside.jpg

First Floor:
The shop facing east towards the city will eventually have vendors on the porch for adventurers as they come out of the city. Storage and stables on the west side.
1st Floor.jpg

Second Floor:
The dining/socializing/kitchen area (with barrels of booze available). Also an area on the deck with some chairs for quiet conversation and a view of the city.
2nd Floor.jpg

Third Floor:
The sleeping area with a deluxe room for well-paying customers.
3rd Floor.jpg

Please feel free to come and take a look around.

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I placed a 15x15 plot on Hokuto a few weeks ago and decided I wanted to try to build it as a combination house/lighthouse. Below is how it looks at the moment.

I'm still undecided on whether or not to claim a lighthouse vet reward or to do something else to create a light source on the 4th floor. I also haven't done a whole lot yet with decorating it. Still have to grow some plain plants for decorating and the guildmate who is using the lighthouse room on the 1st floor still needs to decorate his space.

hokuto outside_edited-2.jpg

hokuto inside 1.jpg
hokuto inside 2.jpg
hokuto inside 3.jpg
hokuto inside 4.jpg

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, where's the lighthouse Tina? It's been a month now... ;)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, where's the lighthouse Tina? It's been a month now... ;)
Well, I'm still undecided on claiming a lighthouse vet reward on that shard and haven't figured out an alternative for a light source. But I did build another lighthouse on a different shard! I haven't spent much time decorating it yet and don't know long the house will stay there until I decide I need one on a different shard. But here is what it looks like for now. It needs some nice plants for all the planter boxes!

eve lighthouse exterior_edited-1.jpg

And here is what the inside looks like at the moment:

eve inside level 1.jpg
eve inside level 2.jpg
eve inside level 3.jpg
eve inside level 4.jpg

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm going to slowly start PMing folks in this thread asking for permission to add their pics to my UOHomeDecor site. If you happen to read this ahead of time and I haven't PMed you yet and you are okay with me using any/all photos you've posted in the forums, please PM me with permission.

TIA!

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to slowly start PMing folks in this thread asking for permission to add their pics to my UOHomeDecor site. If you happen to read this ahead of time and I haven't PMed you yet and you are okay with me using any/all photos you've posted in the forums, please PM me with permission.
TIA!
Wonderful! Your site is excellent already and adding more home/deco examples is a great idea.... ;)

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Full pics of my elf house.

As you scroll through all the pictures take notice of how few storage chests I have displayed. The house is actually at it's limit but I like to incorporate storage into the rooms rather than just having stacks of chests on display. There are, however, a few spots that do have a lot of storage chests stacked out of view. See if you can figure out where!

Here's the full outside view. I used gozas and the grass tiles to create a rooftop and effectively make a fifth floor which is accessible thanks to the veteran reward transporter tiles. The two runebooks have runes to each former guild members Yew trees (long story but basically a roleplaying event that every member had to go through).

1st floor - garden, storage and forge.

The garden used to be a much bigger , but I found the outside was already so busy that I tried to keep the interior very simple. I'm still not happy with the "forge" area and will change it out later when I figure out what to do. The trees on the right were a last minute addition as the pathway into the forge was too empty, and I love the addon trees so much that I wanted to use them as much as possible.

2nd floor - tailor shop

One of my very first homes on Catskills was a small 7x7 tailor shop. Tailoring was always my craft of choice (at one point I had two legendary tailors and 3 GM tailors). As such I decided to devote this entire floor to tailoring and related crafts. The right side room is where I keep all my dye supplies, and the bottom left corner is the change room and fitting area.

3rd floor - library

I bought a lot of those "full book cases" from the EA store, but they looked out of place so I moved my library to a different house and kept just enough of the elven book cases to make this a library.

4th floor - bedroom

I have never really bothered with bedrooms in homes before as I've just never had the space, but as my guild is gone, I thought it was time for a cozy room for my main character.

Rooftop - memorial garden to my old guild - the Elves of Adhrael.

The two runebooks on pedestals are for runes specific to guild related events with a chest filled with guild related items, and of course, the old guildstone - proudly displayed.

Last edited:

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nevermind, the pictures won't upload correctly. Hit and miss as to which ones show up. Maybe I'll try again later.

Last edited:

tiara1971

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a follow-up to the house with a cave I posted earlier in the thread. It must have gone through more than a dozen different iterations before ending up as it is now, though I neglected to document most of the process. But I think this final design is the best among them, so I hope you all enjoy looking at it.

To start, an overview of the outside in the enhanced client.

The third floor, entered via ladder from the wooden door on the roof. Featuring a small foyer, dining room, bedroom, bathroom, large kitchen, and a still-unfinished elemental summoning chamber.
(As an aside, the dark period seems way too short in UO. It took me two in-game night cycles to get all the shots for these collages.)

Second floor. Library, office, unfinished lab space. The sludgefall's source is a specimen tank, the design of which I saw somewhere on these boards - sorry I don't recall its creator. There's some sort of tentacled eldritch horror taking up residence in the northeast corner.

First floor - the caves below. There's a house teleporter hidden beneath one of the arches, with a black goza mat and black carpet on top of it. It stays concealed even when teleporting, and the black parts don't superimpose themselves on the arches, either, as happened when I used cut cloth instead. As with my last house, everything you see in this image is on the first floor only.
(That bit of shadow at the crossroads is just something I missed while editing the picture.)

Finally, a full-sized look at the exterior in the classic client. Photobucket didn't care for the dimensions of the original, so I've divided it in two. Those two off-color squares are bits of carpet that cover the teleporters that connect the the third and fourth floor. I think the door in the mountainside turned out pretty well, but that whole area looks worse the closer it draws to the front.

where is this please would like to see it if it still standing

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Hello all,

I am back one more time with my 2nd house on Pacific. I recently sold my Fel Keep on my alternate account and found a lot in Malas right outside of Luna's West Gate and put this house up this past week. It is mostly for storage but I will eventually be putting up some vendors up here as well.

Outside:
I mainly constructed and decorated it in the style of a bed and breakfast/Inn. With a garden on the southeast corner. (I took the fountain and poppies from my other house to put here as it seemed a better fit).
View attachment 18540

First Floor:
The shop facing east towards the city will eventually have vendors on the porch for adventurers as they come out of the city. Storage and stables on the west side.
View attachment 18541

Second Floor:
The dining/socializing/kitchen area (with barrels of booze available). Also an area on the deck with some chairs for quiet conversation and a view of the city.
View attachment 18542

Third Floor:
The sleeping area with a deluxe room for well-paying customers.
View attachment 18543

Please feel free to come and take a look around.
Adorable,,,always loved the custom houses and checking out other peoples designs

Windarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I've recently returned to UO and was able to reactivate an old account. Fortunately, that meant I had a few million in the bank to spend. This is my first crack at building a fully customized house. Let me know what you think!

Garden.jpg

Workshop and Stable.jpg

Foyer, Zen Garden, Treasure Room.jpg

Library, Sitting Room, Music Room, Deck.jpg

Bedroom, Empty Room, Upper Deck.jpg

Upper Patio, Bar, Jacuzzi.jpg

I appreciate any recommendations or suggestions, especially for the empty room outside the bedroom. Thanks!