• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Post Your Custom House Designs Here...

M

Mialee

And of course that was directed at the house that looks like a kingdom, I had forgotten to specify.

B

Bodhi

Looks great!!! Dont really have suggestions, but i especially like your staircase porch entrance ;)

M

Moxis

Looks great!!! Dont really have suggestions, but i especially like your staircase porch entrance ;)
Thanks! I got the idea from another house, actually, where the owner had created a second-story porch accessible by two stairs on either side. I thought it was such a great idea, but I didn't want to use up quite so much space. Hence, a single stair! :D

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reserving this post for pictures of my finished house. Up soon, I promise.

B

Bram

Here my first attempt to customize my houses.
Are both, the tower and the crypt.
Nothing original, seeing your awesome designs, hehe, but I did it myself, and Im happy with that.

I worked a little on the houses, so I updated the pic.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bram,

I like how you used some of the optical illusion techniques to help make the 2 plots look like one big connected area. :)

-Skylark

C

Calla Lily

The architecture of the museum is beautiful, and you've done a wonderful job of decorating it and setting up the displays :)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*looks*

*looks again*

Flora, that's the very first time I have ever seen those slanted railings used along a stairway:thumbup1:

lovely, lovely shop!

A

Amathist of PoC

*looks*

*looks again*

Flora, that's the very first time I have ever seen those slanted railings used along a stairway:thumbup1:

lovely, lovely shop!
hehe I noticed that the other day too - I tried doing it and failed so badly perhaps a tute for that is needed LOL.

F

Flora Green

Thanks! Actually I just played around with the railing until I found one that didn't turn orange. Not sure how I could do a tutorial other than posting screenies with some arrows pointing to which ones I used. :) I'll play around with it later and put some notes up if you all want.

One other thing, someone told me they had seen my corner flower boxes before. They thought it was a creation from someone here on the boards. That's just a coincidence as I was going to setup tables with Mahjong and in the process I was stacking the games and happened to like the look of them. So, if that design idea belongs to someone else I am not so original afterall! :)

C

Calla Lily

Here are some of my designs, past and present. Sorry for the long post!

My funny little mining house:

My manor:

My shop:

My nursery (I wanted something other than a cube that would look nice and still give me room for lots of plants):

My villa, my first UO house many years ago:

My lodge:

Another manor:

An alternate entrance:

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
My latest project. Plot is 18 x 18 in Malas, near the pillar for Labrinth, Catskills shard. The little house out front is for storage and doubles as my smith shop.

A friend quit UO long, long ago and gave me the bless deed. It's been part of my bedroom decor for years now. lol

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great design and deco, Anne! I have always loved designs with separate houses/structures. I love the PBD on the bed!!:thumbup:

C

Calla Lily

Conrad, I really like that your plot has a wild untamed look to it :)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
love what you've done with that fountain, Conrad..... lovely garden!

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heres one of my houses I had a few months ago, not too far away from Minax faction base. I used it for PvP.

Behind the waterfalls by the stairs is flooring, so you can go in and shoot from behind them. All the way at the east end, behind the waterfalls theres a tile of flooring missing so that you can drop down into the bottom floor if you get into trouble. Since you cant use doors or teleporters when your flagged. :lol:
Also at the top of the steps, it looks like theres just a wall but theres actually a stone door there to get into the 2nd floor.

L

Lady_Kattalina

I can't look at this thread anymore! Every time I look at the designs it makes me want to redecorate. Great work, everyone.

J

Jusdon

thanks for this picture. It actually gave me the inspiration I needed to solve some problems I was having with building a two-story library (from deco thread) and adding water, and adding steps and by starting with your exterior design I eventually got something that worked for me. So some 40+ hours later here is what I have. It came out pretty good and I will not be redoing the structure anytime soon, but I may play with the plants some more. I just went with what was already grown and available from my main house.

The house is on Atlantic at 105 33N, 50W on Malas and is open to the public if you wish to take a look. Like the original designer of the 2-story library that got me started on this project I very much want the Academic Bookcases to populate the backwall, but give the frequency of spawn of the new artifact it may be 10 years before I can even make one of them... Oh well... back to PvM I've had enough deco for awhile. Enjoy

Attachments

J

Jusdon

My latest project. Plot is 18 x 18 in Malas, near the pillar for Labrinth, Catskills shard. The little house out front is for storage and doubles as my smith shop.

Wow, Great house!!!!! I may have to redo my main house now as I really like the separate buildings and way you have laid this one out. Very nicely done!

Thanks for sharing,
Jusdon

J

Jusdon

Thank you Teeshy, nothing really new here, but it's nice to get feedback on my efforts. If I ever get enough gold stone to complete the third level I'll post that as well.

Happy gaming, and decorating.... I may do my main over again next, after I capture the images of course. ;-)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a house I came across on Europa. I don't know who built it and it's no longer there.
I thought I'd lost this picture but I just found it while clearing out some other stuff. I thought I'd post it for the benefit of anyone trying to build something similar.

M

Maltyr

I've finally mananged to create a believable basement (in my eyes, at least) in UO, at the sacrifice of a few tiles around the edge of the lot. The 'ground floor' is mostly built on the second level, aside from the fence and the first teleport gate.

All of the basement is built on the first level. I'm very happy with the way the sloping path and cave mouth turned out.

Space was tight, so I've had to settle with teleporters to get to the upper floors until I come up with a better redesign to allow for a ladder.

The roof is still under construction, and doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the house. I'm shooting for an Exodus dungeon / high-tech look, with cabinets, gems, black staffs, and sushi standing in for computers.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh that's pretty! Very cozy looking! On the inside on the north wall are those wooden chests turned so their sides show, underneath the goza mats?

Cadsuane Sedai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea it works well for dressers desks and such.
I've got a few more i'd like to post as soon as I figure out how to make them smaller size without makeing the pic so tiny. takes up so much attachment space!

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea it works well for dressers desks and such.
I've got a few more i'd like to post as soon as I figure out how to make them smaller size without makeing the pic so tiny. takes up so much attachment space!
Don't add them as attachments, just upload them to photobucket or flickr and use the image tags around the links in the post. :)

Cadsuane Sedai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My old Trades Center...

Can't find the finished deco but this was the basic one.

The room across from the bakery ended up being a nice office (trades office)

The floor above the office was a library with a hidden door behind the bookcase to the secret lab.

Cadsuane Sedai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
very fing carefully! but seriously theres a tutoriel floating around somewhere that can explain it. It took a bit..

N

NewYears1978

:pint:
very fing carefully! but seriously theres a tutoriel floating around somewhere that can explain it. It took a bit..
Well I found the tutorials but it only shows spiral..ands yours are differentso I always have left over pieces that I can't figure out howto delete..now matter what I try :(

B

Beer_Cayse

it's redo design time and I thought to use the sandstone walls as you have on the second & third floors. NOW I find I cannot locate them in the gump! Were they removed for an SA tileset? ARG!

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
its in the same category as the thick sandstone walls with the brown decoration at the top, its inside that category. Just keep flipping over they will come up.

A

Aly<3

Beautiful! Ashly :bowdown:
Mind if I steal your first floor for a beach-house I'm doing? :love:

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lovely wedding chapel :)

I'm currently re-re-re-building my house (I swear, I am terribly dissatisfied with housing lately), so before I tear down the current one I'll clean it up and post here, then post up the new one when it's done as well.

Edit: The Evolution of Fae's Housing!

The Villa from 2008 (I think!). This one got posted in its own thread at some point, maybe with more 'finished' deco, but here is the basic house anyway. I borrowed the 2-story bookcase idea and eventually that entire corner was filled with bookcases.

<In between these two was a T-shaped house that I didn't particularly love but which had a great gardening area and a huge pond. It was removed to make way for...>

The "classic" house (Winter '09-Spring '10):

Clearly, based on the classic L-shape, but with a GARDEN~! :D

And finally... drumroll, please!
(Photos to be added soon! - yeah, I know. What a letdown!)

S

Sweety

Here's some of the houses I've built. I've never really finished decorating any of them though. May post more later if i can find pics.

Christmas: Never finished

Inside:
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x165/MmmChoc0late/Mary2.png

Done on UOhomebuilder for UOSA beta contest

Inside:
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x165/MmmChoc0late/1stfloorabyss.jpg
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x165/MmmChoc0late/2ndfloorabyss.jpg
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x165/MmmChoc0late/3rdfloorabyss.jpg

This is the closest I've ever gotten to finishing a house in game.

A house that never made it to finalization.

Inside:
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x165/MmmChoc0late/Orangehouse1stfloor.jpg

M

Maltyr

Here's a follow-up to the house with a cave I posted earlier in the thread. It must have gone through more than a dozen different iterations before ending up as it is now, though I neglected to document most of the process. But I think this final design is the best among them, so I hope you all enjoy looking at it.

To start, an overview of the outside in the enhanced client.

The third floor, entered via ladder from the wooden door on the roof. Featuring a small foyer, dining room, bedroom, bathroom, large kitchen, and a still-unfinished elemental summoning chamber.
(As an aside, the dark period seems way too short in UO. It took me two in-game night cycles to get all the shots for these collages.)

Second floor. Library, office, unfinished lab space. The sludgefall's source is a specimen tank, the design of which I saw somewhere on these boards - sorry I don't recall its creator. There's some sort of tentacled eldritch horror taking up residence in the northeast corner.

First floor - the caves below. There's a house teleporter hidden beneath one of the arches, with a black goza mat and black carpet on top of it. It stays concealed even when teleporting, and the black parts don't superimpose themselves on the arches, either, as happened when I used cut cloth instead. As with my last house, everything you see in this image is on the first floor only.
(That bit of shadow at the crossroads is just something I missed while editing the picture.)

Finally, a full-sized look at the exterior in the classic client. Photobucket didn't care for the dimensions of the original, so I've divided it in two. Those two off-color squares are bits of carpet that cover the teleporters that connect the the third and fourth floor. I think the door in the mountainside turned out pretty well, but that whole area looks worse the closer it draws to the front.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is my main house built shortly after 9th anni, but hasnt changed much in ages.

but took some fresh screenies.

Extior:

Basement: (storage mainly)

1st floor (hall)

2nd floor (crafting area)

My other house is more recent, i went with making a really modest cottage on a maximum size plot, and i really like the symplicty of the design.

Exterior:

Inside:

All screenies are taken with Enhanced client.

PS: Sorry for the mess :p

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mr Crowley has done a lot of the houses in Zento and around the world. If I ever get my palace decorated you should take pictures of that one, it's totall different nad lovely

I

Ironrose Dartmore

DeSilva Manor

Here is my house in ter mur DeSilva Manor

First floor

BedRoom/ living room

Bar/ Entertanment Room

Top floor underconstruction